+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mom?! I'm home!!!!

Cool Mom?! I'm home!!!!

It figures that the one thread that I found interesting to post in, Julie closed it. So, I’ll write my defense here. BUT, before I go any further I want it known that I’m not trying to resurrect a closed post, NO, that is not my intention at all! I’d just like to have my say. (and get out of lurker mode) so don’t piss off our lovely mod mom and turn this into a debate!

I respect Julie for her guidelines and it doesn’t bother me in the least that I would have to post something to get to my own stories. ‘So, why bother being a member if you know you don’t come here often,’ you may wonder. Well, it’s because Smallville lost me as a fan way back in Season 4 and I haven’t been able to write for the fandom since. ‘So, why keep your stuff here?’ Because this is my SV fanfiction home.

NS is one of the first community sites that I ever joined, and the best one at that. When I first started writing fanfiction (back in 2003) NS was here for me to post my stories, make friends, share ideas, give objective FB, learn how to write better, and the banners are awesome, the spirit of this community… amazing!!

This is where my SV stories belong, they were written for NS more or less. This is where I hope they stay, as outdated and rough as they may be, I always come home to NS… eventually. I respect Julie for her decision to stick to her guns on this, after all, this site has been around for a few years, gathering fics, art, pics, and threads… that’s A LOT of space!!! So, I come ‘home’ unannounced after being gone for months, and find that mom (aka: Julie) changed the locks (aka: put me in lurker status)- no big deal, ring the damn doorbell (aka: post something) and get let back in, sit down, make myself at home with some awesome people, read something amazing, and look at the wonderful art work. And on that note, I’m going to get my cup of coffee and do just that!

~Kat~

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Re: Mom?! I'm home!!!!

Welcome home!

*bump* This got stuck in moderation queue :/ Sorry Kat!

That's okay! I thought maybe you were up to your elbows in busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemkat5 View Post
    That's okay! I thought maybe you were up to your elbows in busy.
    A tad bit busy yes Recently got back from a 3 week vacation, so lots to catch up!

But good to have you back Hope you're settling in all right

Members

life happens, i try not to stray to far

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information