+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chlex Podfics (Post your podfics here!)

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

Re: Chlex Podfics (Post your podfics here!)

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    OK... here's my first attempt. Let's see what you think. I'm sure there are technical things I'm going to master with time. Getting the microphone to work was quite an ordeal... I think the recording ended up being pretty good for a novice. LOL
    Thanks for doing one, Lexie! I'm going to download it and then try to listen to it sometime later today!

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zannie View Post
    Thanks for doing one, Lexie! I'm going to download it and then try to listen to it sometime later today!
    You're welcome. Let's see what you think of the little surprise in the last part of the reading when the mood kind of picks up... I'm thinking of recording the first or first two chapters of Back from the Dead to do something more dynamic- this one has only a short dialogue at the end and is SV's. LOL.

I don't know why but most of the requests I've got are mostly melancholic or angsty. Oh, well, with Lex in the mix it shouldn't have been such a suprise! And I have a really soft spot for introspective pieces.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

No charge for awesomeness

Got a moment to listen to it Lexie. Great job. Music and sound effects. Very nice indeed.

This is such fun. Can't wait to listen to more.

Just listened to Undercover Warrior while I was fixing dinner. Great job, Lexie! It was fun to hear your voice. I loved the music accompaniment and the sound effect! And I think your accent worked really well with the mood of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Let's see what you think of the little surprise in the last part of the reading when the mood kind of picks up... I'm thinking of recording the first or first two chapters of Back from the Dead to do something more dynamic- this one has only a short dialogue at the end and is SV's.
    I've started doing Sanctuary and I actually found the short, angsty ones much easier to record. The dialogue in long stretches is a challenge, particularly when more than two characters are talking in any one scene. I always feel like I should distinguish between their voices, since there aren't always clear dialogue tags after each line of speech, but I'm just not talented enough for that. Fortunately, Sanctuary is primarily Lex and Chloe, without long scenes with the secondary characters.

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

that was so great and i just love your voice it is so nice.

Thanks for your feedback, girls. Glad you enjoyed it. Let's see what you think of this one.

My plan was to record The Last Ace first but A Modern Persephone was shorter so I did it in its place. Hopefully, I'll get at least one more done over the weekend- I have to do some writing as well.

A Modern Persephone

Author: Lexie

Rating: PG-13

Category: Angst/Romance one-shot (Winning Entry for NS Challenge #3- Kidnapped! August ´09)

Disclaimer: all Superman and Smallville characters belong to DC Comics and Gough & Millar. No infringement's intended.

Summary:

She stands by the pool saying, from time to time,
    I was abducted, but it sounds
    wrong to her, nothing like what she felt.

Background Music: Excerpts from"Atlantia", "Papillon", "Adagio","Songs from a Secret Garden" and "Ode to Simplicity" by Secret Garden.

Interspersed poetry: extracts from “The Myth of Innocence” and “A Myth of Devotion” taken from “Averno” by Louise Glück.

Link to story on N-S: A Modern Persephone (Downloadable PDF version: here )

Read by: Lexie
    Link to Podfic download: A Modern Persephone
    Link to streaming:click here.
    Size: 7.26 Mb
    Length: 8m06
    Last edited by lexie; 12th March 2011 at 07:16.

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Okay, so I finally got a chance to listen to all of these fics and all I can say is that they were all wonderful.

Zannie, you read yours beautifully and gave me an idea of how you pictured the angsty stuff playing out. I also think you have a great voice for reading podfics. I really loved the choice of fics you decided to do.

Lexie, I absolutely love these two stories and I think that your accent gives the stories a little something extra. I can't wait for The Last Ace.

You two are both very talented writters and I for one greatly appreciate you both taking the time to turn some of your fics into podfics. It is really nice to be able to listen to a story while still getting other work done. I actually felt like I was multi tasking and didn't feel guilty about indulging in reading a fic when I should have been doing something else. So I truly thank you gals for that!
    If you love something, let it go. If it never returns to you, it wasn't yours to begin with.

Nice job on the second podfic, Lexie! Just listened to it. Like with the first one, it was fun to hear a voice go with the story, and your accent really worked with the reflective pace of the piece.

Thanks for taking the time to do these. I'm sure they must take you longer than me, since you're doing it more polished with music and such. It's all I can do to read the story/chapter one time without any preparation!

I was hoping to finish up Sanctuary this weekend but I didn't end up having any time. I've got half of it done, though, so hopefully I can complete it by Monday or Tuesday--assuming I get the Seven for a Secret written today, of course.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

That was great. You have a beautiful voice. I loved both stories. I wish I had a car I could drive around listening you read some Chlex. But maybe that would be bad because your voice is so relaxing that I would probably cause an accident. LOL!
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Quote Originally Posted by FarrahLea View Post
    Lexie, I absolutely love these two stories and I think that your accent gives the stories a little something extra. I can't wait for The Last Ace.
    I promise you won't have to wait long for The Last Ace. Glad to know my delivery managed to add an extra layer to the stories somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by FarrahLea View Post
    You two are both very talented writters and I for one greatly appreciate you both taking the time to turn some of your fics into podfics. It is really nice to be able to listen to a story while still getting other work done. I actually felt like I was multi tasking and didn't feel guilty about indulging in reading a fic when I should have been doing something else. So I truly thank you gals for that!
    This is one of the pluses of listening as opposed to reading or as complementary, if you will. I hope more will volunteer to voice other stories. It's fun and it'd be another way to "recuperate" members who haven't got that much time to sit down and read these days.

Nice job on the second podfic, Lexie! Just listened to it. Like with the first one, it was fun to hear a voice go with the story, and your accent really worked with the reflective pace of the piece.
    Thank you! It's always nice to get native speakers say positive things about one's *British* accent; it's the best compliment an English teacher who's never set foot on the Isles can get. I know what you mean when you say it works with the mood of the fic, although I believe it's a reflection of my "inner pace" as well.

Thanks for taking the time to do these. I'm sure they must take you longer than me, since you're doing it more polished with music and such. It's all I can do to read the story/chapter one time without any preparation!
    The reading should be more than enough, and I'm not sure I'll be doing this for every single piece, especially in the case of the longer works.

I just got tempted by the software; I love experimenting and it's amazing how much things can change for the better or for the worse when one sets music to them.

Quote Originally Posted by hfce View Post
    That was great. You have a beautiful voice. I loved both stories. I wish I had a car I could drive around listening you read some Chlex. But maybe that would be bad because your voice is so relaxing that I would probably cause an accident. LOL!
    I could be a snake charmer or a beast tamer, couldn't I? As a matter of fact, I'd been waiting for someone to bring it up. lol

Yeah, Hope, you aren't the only person to have come under the charm of my voice! As I told Zannie in my answer, I suppose the calming effect I have on people goes beyond my voice; I don't have to speak for people to relax when I'm in the vicinity. I remember half my classmates at college fighting over the chance to enter a classroom with me just to feel relaxed enough to face an examination board.

My mother has a similar effect, particularly on people who are stressed out. In fact, they seem to seek us out and come visit for that very reason. It isn't rare for them to doze off. God, I'm glad I know for a fact it isn't because we're boring or I would develop a gigantic complex! ROTFL No, it's nice to be able to have people feel comfortable enough around us to put their defences down in such a way.

That said, now you must understand why I want to try out reading a longer fic with changes in mood and pace and interspersed dialogue. Although this is you people's fault for liking my introspective pieces as much as to ask me to tape them first, I wouldn't like for you guys to end up in a trance.
    Last edited by lexie; 14th March 2011 at 06:18. Reason: grammar mistake

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information