+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chlex Podfics (Post your podfics here!)

Members

Re: Chlex Podfics (Post your podfics here!)

Lexie pointed me in the direction of this thread (thanks lexie :-) ) so Im off downloading as I type this really looking forward to hearing them..specially in the authors own voices....

Thanks I think its a great idea....

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

I couldn't seem to focus on writing this evening (so no update of Missing - sorry!), but I did finish the podfic of Sanctuary.

It's in three different parts, since I was worried doing one part would be too big a download. Then I figured out how to decrease the size of the mp3 file, so the second parts are longer but about the same size of the first. I think the quality of the smaller-sized files still sounds fine to me. Something weird happened on the 3rd part, and my voice sounds different, even though the microphone and the settings were all the same. I couldn't figure it out, but I don't like how I sound in the last part. Hopefully, it's not too annoying-sounding, and I can figure out what happened so I can fix it when I do the next one.

With the longer story, I had to just press on if I stumbled over words, etc., so it's not as polished as the shorter fics. But I just couldn't take the time to redo things or edit out the parts where I stumble over words. I don't think they're that frequent, so hopefully they're not too distracting. I also did the best I could to distinguish the voices in dialogue, but I'm hopeless at doing voices! This runs less than 3 hours.

All that being said, here it is!

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Sanctuary

Author: Zannie
    Rating: R (for a couple of fairly tame sex scenes and some language)
    Spoilers: Only vague allusions to seasons of the show I never watched.
    Category: Romance
    Disclaimer: Obviously, I don't own Smallville or its characters. No infringement intended.
    Summary: Chloe turns to Lex for help and finds more than she bargained for.
    Link to story on N-S: Sanctuary

Read by: Zannie
    Link to podfic downloads: Part 1; Part 2; Part 3

Downloading! I can't wait! I am really digging these podcasts. I listen to them whenever I have to drive somewhere. Now, I'm finding myself driving a lot more. Not exactly a good thing considering these outrageous gas prices, but totally worth it.

No charge for awesomeness

Fantastic Zannie. I'll download and give it a listen.

I'm having problems recording on my computer, so I may have to wait for studio time if I can't figure out how to fix things here at home. It sounds really echo-y when I record. I can't for the life of me figure out why. All of the settings are correct, etc. Could just be this new computer. It's sound settings really suck. At first I thought it was the wood floors downstairs, so I took the laptop upstairs where it is carpeted. Nope, no change.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

I've downloaded the three files and listened to three-quarters, Zannie. I love it so far and the little mistakes don't spoil the reading at all. I think I'll take the same approach once I start recording my longer fics or else it'll take me forever.

I know that I promised to record The Last Ace next, but I wanted to do some writing to have a new chapter of Compromising Circumstances up today. In other words, I chose something shorter this time, a one-shot of mine which is a personal favourite and that might not be as well-known.

Stained Glass

Author: Lexie

Rating: PG

Category: Angst one-shot ( Entry for NS #8- Pic Challenge: PG Stories- March '10)

Disclaimer: all Superman and Smallville characters belong to DC Comics and Gough & Millar. No infringement's intended.

Summary:

A storm. A broken window. And shattered dreams.

Background Music: "To Every Captive Soul" from Hannibal's OST by Hans Zimmer.

Link to story on N-S: Stained Glass (Downloadable PDF version: here )

Read by: Lexie
    Link to Podfic download: Stained Glass
    Link to streaming:click here.
    Size: 6.26 Mb
    Length: 6m 56s
    Last edited by lexie; 18th March 2011 at 05:50.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

your voice is great and i hope you do other stories and soon.

Quote Originally Posted by starmoon View Post
    your voice is great and i hope you do other stories and soon.
    Thanks! I've finished recording "The Last Ace" yesterday, but I want to work a little bit on the technicalities before posting it. In any case, I think it'd be better to wait a little since I posted "A Modern Persephone" and "Stained Glass" too close together and not many people have been visiting the thread during the week. I've got a hunch that if I were to post it now, the podfics that are left in the middle would be overlooked in all probability.

Wallflower should come next and then I'm going to start reading Back from the Dead to post it as a whole.
    Last edited by lexie; 19th March 2011 at 17:34.

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

Just listened to your latest podfic, Lexie - very nice work! You're doing a great job reading them and including the music as background. And I really like the resonance of the image of stained glass, for Chloe and Lex's relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Zannie View Post
    Just listened to your latest podfic, Lexie - very nice work! You're doing a great job reading them and including the music as background. And I really like the resonance of the image of stained glass, for Chloe and Lex's relationship.
    Thanks for your nice words, Zannie. I truly appreciate them. Looking for music that's both suitable and unobtrusive takes a little time but I believe it's totally worth it.

I remember coming across a couple of poems with a similar imagery and thinking they were perfect to describe the development and eventual destruction of Chloe and Lex's relationship as we know it. And when the two pics for the challenge were posted everything came together. Glad you liked it.

I've got The Last Ace ready to upload but I'm going to wait a little bit to give people the chance to catch up on the latest posts.
    Last edited by lexie; 22nd March 2011 at 02:19.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Here's my fourth podfic- the sequel to Undercover Warrior, The Last Ace. By the way, I posted an audio version of "Stained Glass" six days ago, but it isn't listed in the first post yet. Be sure to check it out if you haven't: http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/...l=1#post269142

The Last Ace (Fortune Revisited)- Sequel to Undercover Warrior

Author: Lexie

Rating: PG

Category: General one-shot

Disclaimer: all Superman and Smallville characters belong to DC Comics and Gough & Millar. No infringement's intended.

Summary:

Fortune smiles on those who help themselves.

Background Music: "Where are you Now" & "All I Ever Wanted" from Jim Brickman 's album "By Heart".

Link to story on N-S: The Last Ace (Downloadable PDF version: here )

Read by: Lexie
    Link to Podfic download: The Last Ace
    Link to streaming:click here.
    Size: 9.72 Mb
    Length: 10m 49s

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information