+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NS Advent Calendar 2008 - Two Dozen and One Holiday Lies - Reviews/Feedback here!

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

NS Advent Calendar 2008 - Two Dozen and One Holiday Lies - Reviews/Feedback here!

This is for those of you who feel like leaving longer, quoted reviews of the fanfiction. You can only find the story at the Advent Calendar, so check it out

NS Advent Calendar 2008!
    Last edited by Julie; 2nd December 2008 at 01:36.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: NS Advent Calendar 2008 - Two Dozen and One Holiday Lies

Yes another story for this year. Let's hope this one gets done by Christmas. LOL!! I am on my way to read it.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Re: NS Advent Calendar 2008 - Two Dozen and One Holiday Lies - Reviews here!

A lovely beginning Sarah!

Good for Chloe for wanting Lex to have a happy holiday--she understands that with Clark and Lana as examples, he might not quite get how a true friendship works.

I wonder if Lex will jump to the conclusion that Lana left him the gift. He has to know that Lana will be expecting gifts, not actually giving any

Can't wait to see what happens next.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Ho Ho Ho a Holiday fic by Sarah, I like Chloe rationalization about the whole situation. I also have every confidence that Lex will figure out his mysterious gift giver rather quickly. I'm curious as to what personal gift she gave him beside the offer of friendship. Dagney

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

I was the first or one of the first to read this very early today and left feedback on the NS Advent Calendar page. When I submitted the comment a notice told me it´d be checked by the administrator and then unscreened. Should I leave my impressions here as well?
    Last edited by lexie; 2nd December 2008 at 01:18.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

Cute, cute, cute....Don't you just love secret Santas?

I left a reply...thats waiting to be cleared so I just thought I would say that I am sooo excited for this years story and I hope that Lex goes beyond Chloe's expectations and doesnt automatically assume the present is from Lana...but he probably will...sigh anyway looking forward to what happens next!

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Hey Skauble,
    I finally had a chance to read through your advent calender fic, and I LOVED the chapters. They were cute, adorable and funny… but also filled with enough angsty and insight to keep it interesting and mesmerizing. HAH! And you said you were going to do something ‘fluffy’! ROTFLMAO!

Prologue:
    I really liked the adorable beginning with Chloe indulging in her Most. Favouritist. Activity. EVER! Breaking, entering and sneaking around the Luthor manor! LOL! Granted, this time she’s going it purely for happy, generous, gift-giving reasons rather than on the hunt of some Luthor destroying story. I really liked how she assured herself that her ‘honourable intentions’ made up for the illegal activities she was indulging in. LOL!

It was pretty damned sad though, that the reason why she was sneaking around was because she wanted to drop her gift off anonymously… and the reason she wanted it anonymous was because she thought Lex would reject a present from her. Poor Chloe! I can see it really hurt her when Lex-The-Stupid-Bastard dropped her friendship with absolutely no cause or explanation. Moron!

And yet, despite how he hurt her, she’s still here, dropping off a sweet Christmas present so that Lex won’t feel so isolated and alone during these holidays. He seriously does NOT deserve a friend like her in his life.

I really LOVED Chloe’s insightful, brilliant and very original observations about why Lex was probably such a sucky friend to her. Her explanation was both insightful as well as generous and caring. It makes SENSE that Lex would feel a lot more comfortable with people who expected him to ‘act out’ a certain role.

The play-acting would not only play into Lex’s self-loathing of his Luthor name, but it would ALSO give Lex a certain amount of distance, detachment and control if he’s only ‘acting out a role’ for the benefit of his ‘closest friends’ rather than being himself with the ONE friend who sees him as he really is.

Despite how Chloe had arrived at some very insightful reasons about why Lex had dropped her friendship while still keeping up with Clark and Lana’s, it still made me want to weep seeing how much she missed the moron. Lex had better do a LOT of grovelling later when he realizes what a HUGE mistake he made in throwing Chloe out of his life.

Even when she’s been rejected, Chloe’s still an amazing friend. I loved that she left the present at Lex’s desk, even thought she knew that Lana would most probably be the one reaping the credit for it. It hurt to see Chloe trying to convince herself that all Lex wanted from Lana was her ‘friendship’, and nothing more than that. it’s obvious that she’s jealous and envious, and trying to bury those feelings and just trying her best to be happy for Lex finding happiness wherever he can. What an AMAZING woman!

Chapter One:
    Heee! The Lex POV chapter was even more fun and insightful (not to mention angsty! LOL!). I was ROTFL with Lex beginning the chapter contemplating the chances of his ONLY Christmas present for the year being a bomb, LOL! What a wonderful life our guy leads, huh? LOL!

Honestly though, it’s really not surprising that Lex immediately thought of the word ‘bomb’ when looking over the anonymous present that had mysteriously appeared in his study.

I loved, LOVED that his VERY first yearning thought with regard to the present was that it was from Chloe. I loved the idea that he actually seemed to be hoping and yearning for the present to be from Chloe, but also fearful of the possibility.

Heh… so the idiot is doing the whole ‘I’m pushing her away to keep her safe’ routine, huh? Moron!

I did enjoy the process of logical elimination that Lex followed about who might the present be from. One good thing about having practically no friends… it’s very easy to check them off a list under conditions like these, lol!

I smirked seeing that Lionel was immediately checked off the list the moment Lex had ascertained that it wasn’t an acid-spewing, toxic-poison scatter-bomb gift. And I was also impressed with Lex’s sharp insight that Clark’s present would have been given with ALL the trappings of Christmas, which included an invitation to Christmas dinner, trees and decorations, and perhaps Clark playing Santa too, LOL!

And I was hugely amused by Lex’s bemused observations that Lana’s present would have been wrapped up in childishly saccharine Christmas paper… with present bearing elves riding pink unicorns if Lana could have gotten paper like that.

It was however interesting that, even though Lex eliminated all the possibilities except for Chloe, he STILL clung to the idea that it was Lana who gave him this present. He had to make up slightly stretched explanations (the store wrapped it up? Lana was displaying some of the sophistication she’s picked up in Europe?). But he preferred these explanation because it meant that it’s NOT therefore a present from Chloe, and therefore Lex can rest easy knowing that she’s not coming back into his life again.

Heh… think again, Lex! I get the feeling there are troubling, complicated and confusing times ahead in the very near future LOL!

There were a fun couple of chapter, Skauble. I look hugely forward to upcoming postings. Good luck and best regards!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Is Lex really that stupid? LOL! He had it right the first time. Since when does blana ever so something with out making sure someone knows about it? What an idiot. If he opened it I am sure he would figure it out it was from Chloe. Blana isn't that smart to come up with a clever gift. Great update I look forward to more.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

No charge for awesomeness

Oh Lex you ding dong...Lana only does things for herself or to make herself look good in front of other people. An anonymous gift would be nothing like her.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information