View Poll Results: Which story is your favourite?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Story 1

2 16.67%
  • Story 2

4 33.33%
  • Story 3

6 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NS Monthly Challenge - #14 November 2010 - "Hidden Reflected Confessions" Entries

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Re: NS Monthly Challenge - #14 November 2010 - "Hidden Reflected Confessions" Entries

Don't forget to vote for your favourite if you haven't already!
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Members

Re: NS Monthly Challenge - #14 November 2010 - "Hidden Reflected Confessions" Entries

Great stories!

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

And the winner is story 3, written by Lexie! Congratulations, and thanks to everyone who participated!
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Thanks to those of you who voted my fic "Exposed" and helped me win yet another time. And my appreciation to Julie for always thinking of new ways to keep these forums vital and fun and to those who participated in this month's challenge.

I hope that more people will muster the courage to jump on the bandwagon because it's real fun, and challenges always mean more stories to enjoy and share.

Quote Originally Posted by LexGirl View Post
    I think the stories are good too, but my favorite is the third one with Lex being an erotica romance writer! lol! I love it - I also liked how he gave credit to Chloe for her hardwork. I thought his attempt to help her with college was awesome! Great writing guys! Thanks for sharing!
    He's a very cunning and sweet guy, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy View Post
    Story 3: Exposed
    This was a really fun ficlet. I loved how, during the beginning alone, the parallels between Chloe and Lex were established... showing how the two of them were irresistibly attracted to one another, BUT they both view their attraction to one another as a sign of weakness. LOL! I love the irony of it!
    I loved the introduction of the new character, Jackie Morris, in the ficlet. I was on pins and needles wondering why was she in Smallville, what she wanted with Chloe and, most of all, how did Lex recognize the name of this new character. I love it when mystery and intrigue suck me in further into a story.
    I'm glad you got sucked into the story right from the start. I'd been toying with the idea of writing something like this for a long time. The germ was a small Australian film I saw several years ago starring Hugh Jackman- "Paperback Hero". My original idea was to pen a multi-chaptered story but I got busy with other fics so I decided to use the idea for this challenge instead.

ouch! Chloe’s bitterness was almost tangible. It’s quite a tragedy seeing how Chloe’s exuberant and enthusiastic spirit has been trampled upon to produce THIS kind of knee-jerk reaction whenever someone approaches her asking for a ‘favour’. Damn you, Clark, for doing this to Chloe!! At least it was good to see that Lex apologized for not appreciating Chloe as she deserved. Even though we all know that she slightly over-reacted with her snippy reply, there was a grain of truth to her complaint to Lex. So it’s wonderful to see Lex apologising... especially since I know that Clark would probably never even acknowledge doing anything wrong, much less saying he was sorry for it.
    Yeah. Isn't it funny that even on the show the one man who's supposed to have no scruples is the one who's said sorry more times than the alleged hero? Damn Clark indeed!

But it turns out that Chloe snapped at Lex unjustly. Because when he came to her asking for a ‘favour’, he was actually saying that he was going to do HER a favour. It was so incredibly sweet and generous of Lex to actually create an investment fund for Chloe. I also loved how he made it clear to Chloe that this was money earned based on her own efforts, and NOT charity bewtowed on her by the rich, powerful and generous Lex Luthor. Chloe would have refused charity... but money earned from her own works... YEAH, baby!!!

LOL! And the twist turns out to be the secret that Chloe has been acting as a beta and editor for Lex during his time writing erotica fiction, ROTFLAMO! I loved that idea! Hilarious!! ROTFLMAO! And I’d LOVE to know what kind of ‘brainstorming’ sessions they conducted in order to come up with new ideas for new erotica plots... and positions, lol!
    Well, not exactly, Sabrina. I think you misinterpreted something along the way. You see, the secret here was that for months Lex has been writing historical romances/erotica using Chloe's name as a nom de plume without her knowledge. He's even signed a contract in her name but never met the editor/manager in person. Now that the books have become a smashing success Jackie Morris has come to SV to meet the authoress face-to-face. The problem is she means to meet Chloe when in reality she should be meeting Lex. You see, the billionaire has killed several birds with one stone: he's pursued a hobby, created a fund for Chloe and finally got her as a "future and very close" collaborator.

Now that Chloe has heard the truth from Lex himself she realises she's far from being forgotten by Lex and sees the perfect opportunity to "work together" with him either as a co-writer or a beta or... maybe as something more. LOL
    Last edited by lexie; 16th December 2010 at 23:43.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

Congratulations, Lexie! The idea of Lex writing erotica is just too funny for words!

I just realized I never voted on this battle - I meant to go back and reread and decide which one to vote for, but I never got the time to. Oh well. All the stories were great, and thanks to everyone to wrote them.

Congratulations Lexie!!!!! I thought "Exposed" was awesome! ETA: I thought the other fic was really good and enjoyed reading it too! I attempted one so I won't include myself in that assessment but I liked the others very much.
    Last edited by LexGirl; 17th December 2010 at 04:05.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zannie View Post
    Congratulations, Lexie! The idea of Lex writing erotica is just too funny for words!
    Well, I don't think it'd be that far-fetched. He's got ample first-hand expertise in the realm of seduction and sensual pleasures and a wonderful mastery of the word.He would make a great historical writer too, but I thought having him write erotica would be a lot more fun.LOL
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Well, I don't think it'd be that far-fetched. He's got ample first-hand expertise in the realm of seduction and sensual pleasures and a wonderful mastery of the word.He would make a great historical writer too, but I thought having him write erotica would be a lot more fun.LOL
    I didn't mean to imply that it was far-fetched - hope it didn't sound that way! He definitely has all the skills necessary. And I'm absolutely fascinated by a version of Lex who would want to!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information