Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NS Advent Calendar 2010 (Update: Dec 24th. Christmas Eve Surprise Posted!

Re: NS Advent Calendar 2010 (Update: Nov.26th: TRAILER RELEASED)

jeah! so happy and glad the Advent Calendar is back! I go to read!

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by electrageira View Post
    jeah! so happy and glad the Advent Calendar is back! I go to read!
    I'm glad you're glad

As a small update guys, I know I'm a bit behind on various NS work (the fanfiction awards to mention one), I've just been swamped lately, and I most likely will have to work some overtime :/ Luckily I have all the chapters and graphics scheduled for posting

I'll try and catch up this upcoming weekend!
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

I hope you all are enjoying the NS Advent Calendar!

Don't forget to join the Advent contests we have going on each Sunday until Christmas Eve!
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

It's snowing on the Advent Calendar again! Love it!

Here's the Christmas Eve Surprise made by Becky!

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

This was an AMAZING video. I loved the magical storyline, and the way that it was his relationship with Chloe that saved Lex's heart and soul more than the 'spirit of Christmas'. I loved how Chloe was essentially the essence and spirit of everything that is pure, kind, beautiful and beloved for Lex.

The beginning was fantastic and exceedingly clever. I loved the brilliant way that the newspaper headline summed up the situation and back-story behind this video. It was clever, concise and darned funny too! It was also a great way to show, instantly, Chloe's involvement in the story because the newsroom is essentially HER domain, isn't it? You're always going to associate newspapers with Chloe Sullivan, and headlines with Lex Luthor, lol! I loved Chloe's disapproving headline about Lex Luthor being 'Heartless', just as much as I enjoyed Lex's amused smirk when he saw her headline... as if telling her that being called a heartless grinch didn't bother him the slightest.

Without a doubt, the most breathtaking moment in the video took place during that moment when Chloe some flicker of colour into Lex's world, by touching his hand. It was amazing, and I loved the idea that a single touch from Chloe can INFLAME Lex with such a passionate, intense response. I also loved how the colour actually flickered, on and off, flare up and flare down, bright and dull... as if Chloe's spirit and purity was fighting against the cold barriers that Lex had set up within himself. It was IN-credible! And I also loved how the music at that moment changed from haunting to something a little more cheery and hopeful!

The fantasy sequence was amazing. The editing was also amazingly smooth and seamless. If I didn't know better I would have sworn that this wasn't manipulated footage at all! It looked that real! As if it had all been shot as it was depicted in the video. The wedding, the family life... nto to mention the sex scenes between Chloe and Lex... all seamless and perfect! Amazing work, Becky!

And I thought it was a brilliant idea to have Lex playing the music to provide the music for the fantasy. His expression during the fantasy sequence captured beautifully how he was playing like a man who was possessed and being forced into the experience, and yet also mesmerized by the images he was seeing.

The music was amazing and fantastic. First of all, I loved the choice in tunes. They all had a 'Chrismasty' feel to the, without becoming too saccharine, sweet or chirpy as Christmas songs tend to get. In fact, the music was quite haunting throughout, which fit the mood for the video perfectly! Even the relatively 'happy' fantasy sequence was accompanied by music that was more poignant and plaintive rather than cheery... which was fitting considering that it was Lex himself providing the accompanying music, eh?

And the ending made me want to cheer and weep! It was beautiful! Lex gazing soulfully at Chloe as she looked proudly at him... just amazing! I've seriously missed your videos, Becky. I look forward to seeing what you produce next.

Looking at your website, I see you're planning a Hermione/Draco video. I'm actually a fan of that particular pairing as well, and I'd LOVE to see what you do with that couple.

IŽll go and read too.

Zannie's video bee-yatch Senior Member becky's Avatar

Thanks SE for your wonderful feedback (here and on YT)!!! There's always a worry when I'm doing a story vid that people won't read into as much as I do, or in the same way, but you've really summed up how I feel about it too! The whole idea is that Lex's encounter with Chloe stirs something in him, long buried, and after he's had a glimpse of colour it fights its way to the surface and demands to be heard.

And the ending made me want to cheer and weep! It was beautiful! Lex gazing soulfully at Chloe as she looked proudly at him... just amazing!
    Thanks!! That bit was quite tricky as I didn't want to repeat anything that had already happened in the vision sequence, but I just wanted to try and sum up their new relationship and partnership in one scene - I love the way it turned out, with Chloe standing by Lex's side as he allows Christmas to flow back into his life, and back into Metropolis while their love blossoms... I think I really fell on my feet with those end gazes as I think they get across what I really wanted it to say: that 'the rest is history' and it will all inevitably lead to the life that Lex saw in his vision.

But, you do know that's not the actual end of the vid? There's another more fast-paced section that kicks in after it all fades to black, kind of like an epilogue. Just wanted to make sure you've seen that bit!!! Lol.

my site: [tired-eye]
    my youtube channel:
    [tired-eye]

twitter: [tiredeyevids]

You can find my vids here

Fan Artist, Fanfic Lover Senior Member Esther25jm's Avatar

Thanks so much for the wonderful job you did with the Advent Calendar and the site, Julie! Once again, I thank you for inviting me to be a part of the Calendar this year. Take care!! *hugs*

Thread Information