Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NS Fanfiction Awards 2010

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!

Re: NS Fanfiction Awards 2010

I would suggest Most Versatile Author, meaning the writer who is known for tackling different genres, tones, situations and story ratings with equal success. Only if you're looking for more author categories though.
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kitten View Post
    I would suggest Most Versatile Author, meaning the writer who is known for tackling different genres, tones, situations and story ratings with equal success. Only if you're looking for more author categories though.
    I like nonky's idea. If you want another one, for fun, we could have a "still waiting for an update" author award (for authors we love but who aren't terribly consistent with the updates).

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

The website is now open, and you can start nominating your favourites!

To nominate, please login with your NS username and password.

See the first post for dates and updated information!

Quote Originally Posted by kitten View Post
    Sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by Zannie View Post
    I like nonky's idea. If you want another one, for fun, we could have a "still waiting for an update" author award (for authors we love but who aren't terribly consistent with the updates).
    Haha!

Fishin' for brains Senior Member Avalanche's Avatar
    In the best state in this here Union, which is of course, Texas

If we did this one, would graveyard fics be eligible? Since some folks still clamor for updates from some of those.
    Fanfiction Master List

“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.”
    Oscar Wilde

My milkshake bringeth all ye gentlefolk to the yard, and they're like it's better than thine, verily its better than thine, I could teach you but I must levy a fee...

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control; and, at times, hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Only active members of NS Forums can be nominated. (E.g. banned users cannot be nominated).
    Does this mean that authors such as scifichick744, who no longer frequents the forums, aren't eligible? Or only those who have fallen into the lurkers category or broken a rule? If the lurkers category applied, then someone such as Cypanache- who hasn't updated in a long time- would be left out(?).
    Last edited by lexie; 14th November 2010 at 20:20.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
    If we did this one, would graveyard fics be eligible? Since some folks still clamor for updates from some of those.
    We were discussing more author categories, not for stories, so if we were to do this one, it would only apply to authors, and not their stories.

Only active members of NS Forums can be nominated. (E.g. banned users cannot be nominated).
    Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Does this mean that authors such as scifichick744, who no longer frequents the forums, aren't eligible? Or only those who have fallen into the lurkers category or broken a rule? If the lurkers category applied, then someone such as Cypanache- who hasn't updated in a long time- would be left out(?).
    It's just the banned users. An author might not have been on NS for years, but still has written stories for the fans to enjoy I'll update the first post to make it more clear, that it only applies to banned users.

I could have set it so that Lurkers weren't eligible, but that would take staff too much time to check which user was active and not I might be able to implement that for the next award show, but for now it's just banned users that can't be nominated. It's a rule that's gotten copied from the Spotlight Party

Fishin' for brains Senior Member Avalanche's Avatar
    In the best state in this here Union, which is of course, Texas

Coolio, Julie!
    Fanfiction Master List

“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.”
    Oscar Wilde

My milkshake bringeth all ye gentlefolk to the yard, and they're like it's better than thine, verily its better than thine, I could teach you but I must levy a fee...

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control; and, at times, hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe

This is great to see the nominations open. {Smiles}

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

When nominating for Best Characterisation of an SV character other than Chloe and Lex, isn't it possible to make names? I was under the impression that last time we were able to fill in a field with the name of the character we were nominating, say Bruce in Ends and Means.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    When nominating for Best Characterisation of an SV character other than Chloe and Lex, isn't it possible to make names? I was under the impression that last time we were able to fill in a field with the name of the character we were nominating, say Bruce in Ends and Means.
    I don't think we had a specific field for that name, I think we just had a "nominee" field, where you'd enter the name and story title. But you can just put the name like you did.

Example: Bruce in Ends and Means

Thread Information