+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Reluctant Queen (R)

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    Really bad grrr at Helen. Is death so much to ask Fiona? Is it?

Oooh, that little weasel Sean. I'm glad that everyone's suspicious now. Be on your toes, people! Those two rotten wenches are not to be trusted. *growl* Great chapter. So cute with the baby moving. Hee! Can't wait for more.

NS Full Member
    Fi, I love the new chapters! Mmmmm... you have indeed restored my faith in AU's. artyhat:

Sugar&Spice of the gutter Senior Member Queen Of Tact's Avatar
    Fiona you know I luv ya right. Posting new ch so soon, but not knowing what those 2 Little B**** opps I mean "Ladies" are up too is driving me crazy!! Please please post again soon the waiting is killing me...

CC :sign3:

odd duck
    I love the new chapters. I can't wait to aee the genius way that I'm sure you have come up with to kill Helen and Victoria.

Glad to see Helen and Victoria are still loved.... :eyebrows: Anyway here is Chapters 47 and 48, and there is a smut scene, I couldn't resist...hope you enjoy them......Fiona

------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: Smallville, its characters, all belong to someone else. (Sigh) I’m just borrowing them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Forty Seven – Disaster Strikes

“Somebody up there doesn’t like me,” muttered Pete. After managing not to get themselves killed in the rain, they then had to stop because one of the horses lost a shoe. After an hour’s delay they finally got going again. The rain had stopped but the roads were all muddy and the pace of the horses wasn’t as fast as before.

Although it had taken a few days to get to Carters Town Pete intended on making it back to Metropolis in less than two. He wouldn’t be stopping to stay anywhere. Somewhere in the back of his mind he felt like he was racing against time. And time was running out on him.

“Let me get there before anything bad happens,” he muttered.

--------------------------------------------------

Clark caught up with the carriage just as it was pulling into the Hardwick estate. ‘I knew it,’ he thought. He looked around trying to figure out a way to get to the house and maybe even to hear what was going on.

He directed his horse around the back and dismounted, leaving his horse to graze hidden among a small patch of trees. The back door was open as servants passed in and out.

Sensing an opening Clark quickly made his way into the house. With stealth he managed to get to Victoria’s room without being spotted. Clark knew this wasn’t the best plan he’d ever come up with but he needed to know what was going on. He got into Lord Hardwick’s room closing the door behind him, knowing the man was away on business, and moved to the door that joined the room with his *wife’s* bedroom. This was a close as he could get without actually going into Victoria’s room.

He placed his ear against the door and could just make out the voices inside.

Lady Bryce took her seat and Victoria took the one opposite her. Sean and Justin stood to the side.

“I’ve been worried because I hadn’t heard from you,” said Victoria.

“My apologies but *something* happened and as a result there was an increase in security around the cottage where I am staying,” she replied.

“And what was this *something*?”

“I made a pass at the prince,” said Helen with a grin. “He wasn’t impressed and pretty much told me so. And then that *wife* of his came to see me and practically told me to stay away from her husband. Who does she think she is?”

“Yes I’ve heard that the little *kitten* has claws,” laughed Victoria. “Was seducing the prince part of your plan?”

“Not initially,” replied Helen. “But when I saw him I thought it would be an added bonus, he’s very attractive. I underestimated his *devotion* to his wife.”

“We *all* underestimated that,” muttered Victoria. Even before Lex fell for his wife he had stopped coming to see her, and then he had the *nerve* to fall in love with her. “I *hate* the princess,” said Victoria. “And Lex.”

“Maybe so, but I bet you anything you’d take back to your bed in a heartbeat,” retorted Helen.

“Well *Lady* Bryce that’s not going to be an option, so I’d rather we discussed your plan,” said Victoria, her leaving no doubt that the subject was closed. “So what is your next move going to be?”

“I’m tired of the games,” said Helen as she stood up and began pacing the room. “And I have never been spoken to the way the princess spoke to me. It took all my control not to kill her there and then. Actually I probably would have if her lady-in-waiting had of been there. I want to get the two of them together, so I’ve been thinking poison. Quick acting, completely fatal poison.”

“Have you got the poison?”

“I *always* carry a supply with me, one never knows when it will be needed. I’m going to strike in a couple of days. Between now and then I will get everything ready for my departure from Metropolis, which will include the rest of my fee from you.”

“I have that all ready for you,” replied Victoria. “It’s just waiting for you to complete your task. And it needs to be finished now; it should have never dragged on this long anyway. It should have been sorted when the princess was abducted but that plan failed miserably.”

Clark covered his mouth with his hand to prevent a gasp escaping as he listened to the plotting of the two women and Victoria’s admission of being involved in the princess’ abduction. ‘She’s going to poison them,’ he thought. He knew Victoria had never accepted Lex’s marriage but she must have really lost her mind to organise having them murdered.

‘I need to get back to palace,’ he thought. ‘The others need to be warned and we have to arrange the arrest of Victoria and the others.’

He moved away from the door joining the two rooms carefully and headed to main door. He placed his ear against it and when he was satisfied the coast was clear he opened the door.

“Going somewhere Duke Kent?” said Justin, holding a sword to Clark’s chest. “Take his sword,” he said to Sean when Clark remained silent.

The guard Clark’s sword quickly and hurried back to stand beside Justin. “Turn around,” said Justin, “and keep your hands up.” Clark turned around slowly; when his back was to the men he felt the point of the sword dig into his shoulder blade. “Move,” said Justin.

Clark headed towards the door and Sean moved ahead to open it. The two women gasped in surprise as they saw Clark walking into the room, closely followed by Justin.

“How much did you hear?” Helen asked after finding her voice. But still Clark kept his tongue. He glanced around the room trying to find an avenue of escape.

“She asked you a question,” said Justin, putting pressure on the blade. Clark gave a cry of pain as he felt the blade.

“I heard everything,” he said.

“And I suppose you were rushing back to the palace to let them all now,” said Victoria.

“You just couldn’t accept being second best,” said Clark. “I mean, honestly did you think Lex would of made *you* his wife?”

“I really don’t think you want to make me angry duke,” snapped Victoria.

“Truth hurts doesn’t it Victoria,” he said. She crossed the room and slapped Clark hard across the face.

“What are we going to do with him?” asked a very nervous Sean.

“He’s going to have a very unfortunate accident,” said Helen and nodded at Justin. Before Clark had time to react Justin hit him over the head and everything became black as he slumped to the floor unconscious.

All four stood around Clark’s unmoving body. “Dump him in the ravine at the back of the estate,” said Victoria. Justin nodded and called for help to carry Clark out of the room.

“I think I should be heading back to the palace,” said Helen. “Make arrangements for my money and passage out of Metropolis. On Saturday I will poison the prince and princess, make sure all is ready.

Victoria nodded and Helen and Sean left the room. “Soon it will be over,” muttered Victoria when they had gone.

Justin stood over the ravine looking at the body of Duke Clark Kent lying at the bottom. It was a particularly deep ravine but the fall would be enough to break bones, and Justin was satisfied that Kent’s neck was broken. Especially due to the awkward angle he was lying at. With one last glance he headed back to his horse.

Helen made it back to the palace and settled herself into her cottage. Locking herself away in her room she set about preparing the poison that she would need.

Outside the cottage a very sick-looking Sean stood. His mind was going over and over everything that had happened. ‘I’ve gotten too involved,’ he said. ‘It will be the death penalty for me if I’m caught.’

Lana stood on the palace steps watching for Clark. She had seen him since earlier and he had said he would be around later to go for a walk.

She breathed a sigh of relief as she saw a horse in the distance. “This must be him now,” she murmured. As the horse drew nearer she noticed it had no rider. ‘Strange,’ she thought.

“Oh my that’s Clark’s horse,” she gasped. “But where is he?” Fearing something was wrong she ran inside to get the prince.

Chapter Forty Eight – The Missing Duke

“Why are we slowing down?” asked Pete, sticking his head out of the coach.

“Apologies duke,” said the driver, “but the bridge is out.”

“This is so not happening,” muttered Pete as the coach came to a stop. He got out and surveyed the damage. The middle section of the bridge was indeed gone. “Is there anyway we can cross with having to ride onto the next bridge?” he asked.

“I’m not sure, although about a half a mile further up, there use to be a small public bridge and water there isn’t as deep,” replied the driver. “If it is still like that we could wade across with the coach.”

“Let’s head for there,” said Pete, climbing back in. He threw his eyes towards the heavens as the coach set off again, “I know you like to test us God, but now is not the time. Not with my best friend and his wife’s lives on the line.” He leaned back in his seat and sighed, they where still a day from Metropolis. ‘If the pace didn’t start to pick up again the next couple of hours I’ll just take a horse and ride the rest of the way myself,’ thought Pete.

Chloe pushed her head against the pillows and arched her back as Lex slowly kissed his way down her body. With all the palace business finished for the day, Lex and Chloe wasted no time in getting upstairs to their bedroom.

After lavishing her breasts Lex moved his mouth lower. He placed soft kisses on her swollen stomach. “Lex,” she moaned, her hand resting on his head. Lex glanced up to see her head thrown back, her chest pushed out, her taut nipples standing out like hard points. He shifted in the bed and spread her legs a little wider before settling between them. He licked and kissed her inner thighs, causing her to whimper.

Lex moved closer to her centre and kissed around it. “Lex please,” she moaned, trying to press closer.

“Patience my love,” he chuckled against her leg. He moved closer and took one slow lick of her centre. “Oh yes,” she groaned. Lex loved this, Chloe’s body laid out like this for him. He touched his tongue to her again and her taste exploded on his tongue. Her whimpers and moans were driving him crazy and his own body was begging him to be inside her.

“Make love to me Lex,” she breathed her voice husky with desire. He tasted her once more and then climbed back up her body. Bracing his arms either side of her head he slowly slid into her. Both groaned at the feeling. “I love you so much,” he whispered. “I love you too,” she replied. He began slow even strokes; Chloe arched her body to meet his movements. Lex groaned loudly as he felt her stomach rub against his.

His pace picked up as he felt her clench around him and he lowered his head to kiss her. Chloe sucked on his tongue in time with his thrusts. He slowed down again and Chloe wrapped her legs tighter around him, pulling him deeper into her.

“So good,” he moaned. He pulled himself up on his knees taking her with him; he was still buried inside her. Chloe gasped as she felt him slip deeper. She placed her hands on his shoulders and began moving herself up and down on him.

That did it for Lex with a roar he exploded in her, the sensation sending Chloe into her own climax. Moans greeted each pulse of their release until they collapsed back onto the bed. Chloe lifted her head from his neck and kissed him gently. He wrapped his arms around her pulling her close.

“MMM now this is the royal duty I love,” he said when he got his voice back.

“Good,” murmured Chloe, “because it’s one I will be expecting you to continue to lavish on me.”

“With pleasure,” he replied, “with pleasure.”

A very agitated Lana ran into the throne room to see the king and queen but no sign of Lex and Chloe.

“Lana my dear,” exclaimed the queen, “what’s wrong?”

Lana began babbling and Lillian and Lionel managed to understand some words. Clark…Late…Horse…Alone.

“Lana please slow down we can’t understand you,” said Lionel.

The brunette took a deep breath. “Clark was suppose to met me for a walk today. He was late so I went out to the main door to wait for him. Then he horse appeared, rider-less, and there is no sigh of Clark.”

“Have you any idea where he was going?” asked Lillian, concern in her voice.

“He was keeping an eye on Lady Bryce, he said something about not trusting the guard he had assigned to her and wanted to see if anything happened.”

Lionel called a servant over and told him to get the guard currently stationed at Lady Bryce’s cottage to come to the palace and to organise another guard to take his place. The servant bowed and hurried off.

“I’ll get Lex and Chloe,” said Lillian, hurrying out of the room.

“I’m sure he is fine,” said Lionel, although he didn’t sound too convinced himself.

Lillian knocked loudly on the bedroom door. After a moment a rather dishevelled looking Chloe clad in only a sheet opened the door. “Majesty, what’s wrong?” she gasped when she took in the queen’s distressed state.

“It’s Clark, he seems to be missing,” she said.

By now Lex had got out of bed and stood behind his wife. “We’ll be down immediately,” he said. Lillian nodded and headed back to the throne room.

Lillian was only back in the throne room when Lex and Chloe came in. Both looking like they had dressed in haste. “Ok tell me what happened?” asked Lex.

Lana repeated what she had told the king and queen. “I’ve asked for the guard to come here,” said Lionel, when Lana had finished speaking. Chloe went over to the brunette and took her hand. “Thank you highness,” whispered a grateful Lana. Chloe just smiled at her.

The door open and a very nervous looking Sean stepped into the room. He glanced around to see the king, queen, prince and princess all present. ‘This is not good,’ he thought. The door closed behind him and two guards stood in front of it. ‘Not good at all.’

“You wanted to see me majesty,” said Sean to the king.

“You were on guard outside Lady Bryce's cottage, have you been there all day?”

“She wanted to go into town earlier,” he replied. “I accompanied her, we were gone a couple of hours.”

“And where did you go?” asked Lillian

“Just around the markets majesty, she bought some fabrics.”

“Did you happen to see Duke Kent at all?” asked Lex.

Sean flinched at the mention of Clark’s name. "No, no highness, I haven’t seen him since he told me I was to watch Lady Bryce’s cottage. I there…is there something wrong?”

“What did you say Lady Bryce bought in town?” asked Lex.

“She didn’t buy, she visited a friend,” said Sean.

“But I thought you said she bought fabrics,” said Chloe.

‘Damn,’ thought Sean. “I...I mean she bought them and then visited a friend,” he stammered.

“Whom did she visit? I wasn’t aware Lady Bryce had any friends in town,” said Lex.

Sean opened his mouth to speak but nothing would come out. He closed it again and glanced at the two guards who had suddenly moved closer to him. “Where is Clark?” asked Lex as he approached him. “It might make things easier for you if you tell the truth.”

Sean fell to knees, “please highness forgive me, I never meant for things to go this far.”

“Where is Clark?” repeated Lex.

“Dead,” said Sean, “or as good as.”

lauren
    Just a Guest!
    I know I should feel sad that Clark might be dead...but I don't. After all, he's been a jerk to my Chloe. Besides, Clark has power in this fic too...right? I wouldn't mind if he really died, then Lana would remain an old maid for the rest of her life!!!

Lauren

Sugar&Spice of the gutter Senior Member Queen Of Tact's Avatar
    OMG! Poor Clark... Please tell me he's not dead.... I hope Pete get's there in time to save Chloe and Lex... Please please post again soon...

CC
    "I am scared that I'm always going to be somebody's friend or sister or confidant, but never quite somebody's everything."

petriebird18
    Just a Guest!
    Oohhh, sean's in sooooo much trouble!!!!! Is Clark actually going to live? i can't wait to read more! i'm soooo addicted to this fic!
    ~Deidre~
    :love: Chlex :love:

Originally posted by lauren@Mar 7 2003, 07:28 PM
    I know I should feel sad that Clark might be dead...but I don't. After all, he's been a jerk to my Chloe. Besides, Clark has power in this fic too...right? I wouldn't mind if he really died, then Lana would remain an old maid for the rest of her life!!!

Lauren
    Hey Lauren, no in this Clark is just ordinary human, no powers at all.....

Glad you like it....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information