+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Worth The Wait (NC-17)

Worth The Wait (NC-17)

This is an answer to a challenge that was set on TBT list, if you want to know the details them PM me and I'll send up them, otherwise, they'll be posted at the end of the fic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Title: Worth the Wait
    Author: HumbugGirl
    Email: humbuggirl@hotmail.com
    URl: http://www.geocities.com/peacefulempress/home.html
    Pairings: Chloe/Lex, Pete/Lana
    Rating: Probably at least R and likely to rise knowing me.
    Summary: Answer to Starfireimpress’ challenge on TBT
    Spoilers: None really.
    Disclaimer: So not mine in any way, shape or form. If they were, we all know what couple would be together.
    Author’s Notes: 1) Silly fic because as we know this would never happen. 2) Lana and Pete are married, now I know that by that point in theory Clark and Lex should be enemies but they’re not in this. 3) This isn’t going to be a long fic because I don’t have the time to write one at the moment.

Chloe watched as Lana opened her mouth once, twice and then a third time, closing it briefly between each and managing to make her self look somewhat fish-like. In any other circumstance the blonde reporter across from her would have found the look amusing and might even have laughed outright but considering her own discomfort with the direction in which their conversation had taken she knew she shouldn’t be even considering reacting in such a way. Finally Lana stopped her aquatic animal impressions just as Chloe picked up the cup of coffee which had been sat on the counter top before her and raised it to her lips to take a much needed sip and to cover the smile that had threatened. Unfortunately the somewhat stunned expression that her lifelong friend had been sporting was immediately replaced with another much worse one where her face creased into a frown that made the pretty brunette look more than a little constipated.

“Oh for god’s sake say something,” Chloe exclaimed when Lana had been stood in the same position for nearly five minutes with no sign of the situation changing. She placed her cup back down, letting it clunk slightly against the counter top carelessly so that a tiny amount of the liquid spilled over the side.

“I-I don’t know what to say,” Lana said finally looking up at the blonde woman across from her from underneath her eyelashes still too stunned to let any of the nervousness she was feeling show through in her voice. “How is that even possible?”

“It’s possible,” Chloe replied dryly and yet she was unable to prevent a slight blush rushing to her cheeks.

Lana leaned forwards and said quietly as if a conspirator, “But you’re what - twenty-eight? I mean, Chloe, are you sure?”

Looking around nervously and observing that there was no one near enough to hear her if she was quiet enough Chloe said, “I think I would have noticed something like loosing my virginity Lana and I’m pretty sure it hasn’t happened yet.”

Lana leaned back again; rocking on her heals slightly even as her elbows rested on the counter and bit her lip. “But you’re twenty-eight!”

“Lana that isn’t very helpful!” Chloe snapped. “I just… never got around to it.”

“How can you not get around to having S.E.X?”

Chloe rolled her eyes, trying to suppress the redness that had flown to her cheeks. “It amazes me that you clearly have done it and yet you can’t even bring yourself to say it.”

“But Chloe! I always thought that… I mean, I always imagined that you’d… I…” The brunette woman stopped and took a deep breath. “I mean, look at you! You’re successful, you’re pretty and you have a great personality… I don’t understand.”

The blonde woman shrugged, rapidly finding herself increasingly regretting that the subject had even come up in the first place. It was all Lana’s fault anyway for asking for relationship advice where Pete was concerned and how was she supposed to know that the café owner would managed to swing things around to the subject of sex when Chloe wasn’t looking? That thought firmly in mind Chloe put a small scowl on her face and said, “It is not as if I never wanted to have sex. It’s just that things kept getting in the way. Half of the time it felt like there was some cosmic force out there dead set on preventing me from ever managing to actually, you know, do it.”

It was Lana’s turn to raise a sceptical eyebrow. “A cosmic force?”

“I know its sounds silly but it’s true. Do you remember Tony?” Lana nodded. “Well you remember how we played around each other for nearly four months before taking that trip down to Costa Rica?”

“Sure, you were all excited about it at the time.” Lana’s eyes widened suddenly at realisation hit her. “Ooh!”

“Yes, ‘ooh’! There was a goddamn hurricane and he was knocked unconscious by a flying tree then spent the next two months in hospital before anything could happen.”

“But what about afterwards…”

“I’d already been transferred to London to work in the offices there,” Chloe explained.

“But that’s only one time and you’ve had lots of boyfriends. What about that guy you met in Rome – what was his name? Federico!” A smile slipped onto Lana’s features. “I remember the pictures you showed me when you got back; he was yummy and don’t you deny it.”

Chloe laughed a little. “I’m not going to deny it. But he was also overly religious and believed in waiting until after marriage.”

“Really?” Lana asked with a disbelieving look on her face.

“You honestly think I would have turned down a bit of that if it had been offered to me?”

The smile returned. “No, I guess not. Hell, I wouldn’t turn down a bite of that if it was offered to me.”

Chloe laughed along with her. “I think the closest was probably Caleb.”

Reaching for the pot to refill Chloe’s cup Lana said, “I don’t think I remember him.”

“I wouldn’t be surprised if you didn’t, it was kind of short-lived.”

The brunette turned away again for a moment to grab a couple of muffins from the basket by the till but on coming back she said, “So who was he?”

“Someone I met while I was working in Gotham,” the blonde replied and Lana’s eyes lit up.

With a small suggestive little smile she said, “And that brings up the whole subject of Bruce Wayne.”

“There was never anything between me and Bruce despite what the papers may have said at the time,” Chloe protested bringing her hands up slightly. “Bruce is a lovely guy but he couldn’t sit through an entire meal without getting a phone call that meant he had to rush off somewhere. Besides, he was way too secretive for my liking.”

Her comment caused Lana to nod understandingly. “I know *that* feeling. So what happened with that Caleb guy?”

Chloe shifted uncomfortably on her seat and glanced off away from Lana’s inquisitive eyes. “Well, he was lovely, really he was and he had mountains of seductive charm and all that but it also turned out he was also something of a sociopath hell bent on destroying Batman and claiming Gotham as his own.”

“You’re kidding?”

“Nope.”

Lana shook her head in amusement. “Okay then, but what about that Martin guy?”

“Married,” Chloe answered bluntly and then took a sip of her coffee.

“Simon?”

“Gay.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.”

“But he was so…”

“I know,” Chloe answered. “I couldn’t believe it at first either.”

A chuckle escaped the brunette as she said, “You really can pick them.”

Chloe only smiled briefly as she noticed something flicker through Lana’s eyes and the uncomfortable feeling settled in her that the other woman was planning something.

The looks on their faces when she told them was priceless; probably because it was one of the last things that either men had been expecting to come up over Sunday lunch at the Ross’. Looking at the expression on her husbands face Lana placed down the freshly refilled dish of potatoes she had been carrying and pulled off her oven gloves, tossing them over onto the counter and then taking her seat at the kitchen table. Settling herself down she began to dish out the food to the two men while she said, “You can’t tell anyone though.” Looking up as she let carrots spill over the side of the spoon and onto Pete’s plate she repeated her warning and added, “Guys, promise me.”

“But…” Pete began and then shut up as Clark interrupted.

“I don’t believe it,” he said. “I mean, this is *Chloe* we’re talking about she… um… I mean she…”

“Clark shut up and save yourself now,” his friend suggested even as he turned to Lana and asked, “And she wasn’t drunk when she told you this?”

“Stone cold sober,” Lana replied and glanced at Clark as he spluttered something else and then finally shut up. The flushed look that appeared on Pete’s face earned him an added, “And if you laugh then you’ll find yourself even worse off than she is.”

The man immediately turned serious though there was a pleading ‘please don’t’ look in his eyes that made Lana want to smile even more. “Why do I think you’ve not just telling us this for the sake of it?” he asked instead.

“Because I’m not,” Lana replied perkily. “I’ve decided that we need to help her out.”

The two men looked at each other for a second and then both started shaking their heads. “Oh no,” Pete said holding up his hands. “There is no way in hell that I’m getting involved in the middle of that mess.”

“I’m with Pete,” Clark agreed. “Chloe would kill me if she ever found out. She’s only just forgiven me for the last time I decided to interfere in her life.”

“But Pete…” the woman said letting a slight whine into her voice.

“No.”

“Pete… It’s what a good friend would do.”

He shook his head again. “Then I’m clearly not a good friend but I’m happy that way so let’s leave it like that.”

She pouted and said, “Anyone would think you didn’t love me.”

“Oh no, that one isn’t going to work.”

“You don’t love me!” Lana exclaimed, wrinkling her face into a frown and putting a pained expression in her eyes.

“Honey…” Pete said quickly, standing and moving around the table to pull her into a hug. “Don’t say that. Of course I love you.”

“But you won’t help me out on this one little thing…” she whimpered, putting a hand on his chest and pushing away from him.

“It’s hardly little,” Clark said in the background but to Lana’s delight he was completely ignored by Pete.

“Just this one little thing,” Lana said softly, curling her lips in a coy little smile and letting her hand play across his chest. “One little thing and I promise I’ll make it up to you later.”

Pete gulped and shifted uncomfortably from one foot to another as he looked into his wife’s eyes. Abruptly he turned his head to one side to look at his best friend and said, “You know, it can’t really hurt.”

Clark shook his head in disgust. “You’re so whipped.”

“Yeah but at least I know I’m getting some tonight,” his friend responded with a broad grin, earning himself a smack on the arm from his wife at the same time. Returning to his seat Pete added, “So what’s our part in this grand master plan you have in mind?”

Sliding back into her chair Lana shifted uncomfortably for a moment. “I need you to help me pick out a man,” she said earning more shocked looks from them.

“I think you’d know better what to look for than we would Lana,” Clark said turning to stare at his plate intensely and tried to ignore the disquieting feeling that had settled into his stomach.

Lana smiled at him and said, “Don’t worry Clark; I’m not going to ask you to do it. I know you’re involved with someone back in Metropolis and besides, it would be just too weird and I’m not sure Chloe would go for it anyway. No, it has to be someone different, someone she wouldn’t normally have thought of. He’d have to be, um, intelligent enough to understand the situation and not make a joke out of it and probably a little sympathetic. He’d have to be charming and kind and yet there’d have to be something about him that was a little dangerous…”

“Lana sweetie, I love you,” Pete said with a grin, “but there is no way in hell you’re going to get me to sleep with Chloe. I’m a married man.”

Clark chuckled and Lana shot a glare across the table at her husband. “I don’t think Chloe would go for it anyway sweetheart, contrary to what you believe not all women want to fall at your feet Pete. Besides, I think it should be someone who intrigues her, someone she could get interested in on more than a purely physical level…” From the corner of her eye Lana saw Clark wince.

“What?” Pete asked, apparently noticing the same thing his wife had.

“Well,” Clark said slowly. “You know who she just described.” At the blank look on his friend’s face Clark said, “Come on Pete who the hell do we know who all those things and more? Think, who do we know who is mysterious and intriguing and charismatic?”

“Sorry, still drawing a blank.”

“Lex!” Clark exclaimed in exasperation and Lana’s eyes lit up.

“Ooh! He’d be perfect,” she said even as Pete exclaimed a protest of ‘no way man’.

“You can’t be serious,” Pete said.

Clark cocked his head to one side, a confused expression coming over his features are he said, “But I thought that you and Lex were getting along okay at the moment.”

“We are but asking him to do something like that… I mean, that’s like asking him to date myself sister or something and I’m not that comfortable with the man.”

“Too bad,” Lana said with a grin. “You’re outvoted.

”Lana…” the man whined.

She shook her head. “He’s perfect and you’re not going to talk me out of it.”

“Should I be jealous?” Pete asked with a grin.

“Of course not sweety, just because he’s rich, cultured and handsome doesn’t mean I’d give you up for an instance. Besides, I think you should be more worried about Clark; he’s the one who thinks Lex is charismatic.”

Two sets of eyes turned on the third party and Clark blushed. “Shut up Lana.”

this sounds really interesting...i can't stand to wait for the next chapter, but i know it'll be worth the wait.... LOL

Hurry up, ok?

petriebird18
    Just a Guest!
    Can't wait to read more, although i have a feeling that althought this is in the NC-17 topic there'll be a lot of angst later on when Chloe finds out she was 'set up' with Lex and he was in on it the whole time.
    OH, WELL! :biggrin: Write more!
    ~Deidre~
    :chlexsign3:

bored and dangerous Senior Member sabby's Avatar
    Sittin by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere...
    LMAO Oh this is going to be great, I just know it!

Please, please update soon, I soo can't wait to see Lex's reaction *G*

hugs,
    Sabby

Sunflow
    Just a Guest!
    LOL... I must say, that must have been... an interesting challenge. Such bad luck, poor Chloe X_x
    Great beginning, I hope that in next chapters Lex will show Chloe good :smut: . Hmmm did I just say good? I meant *the best* of course ;P

Sunflow

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Carmen :lol: I love it. I can't wait to see what Lex will say about this.
    More please......

Hope
    :chlexsign2:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Junior Member
    Oh man, this is shaping up to be really amusing. Continue, man, we can't wait!

NightGlow
    Just a Guest!
    OMGosh, that last quip from Lana nearly made me pee my pants!

Please continue, the idea of Chloe as a 28 year old virgin is just too humorous to bear!

Imperial Dragon Senior Member Impress's Avatar
    Ok, already reviewed once but doing so agian. Great job. I like what your doing with my challenge and can't wait to see Lex's reaction.

zwabby
    Just a Guest!
    wauw! can't wait, I wonder what lex will say ..

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information