View Poll Results: Which award show do you want?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Music Video Awards

10 30.30%
  • Fanfiction Awards

23 69.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another award show this year? Poll is closed, but you can still give us feedback! :)

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Another award show this year? Poll is closed, but you can still give us feedback! :)

Which award do you want?

I thought we should have another, but I think we'll only have time for one more this year
    Last edited by Julie; 26th September 2010 at 16:47.

Re: Another award show this year? Vote for which one!

Only 8 want another award show? Or do you guys want another award show?

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

We're 238 active members. I can't believe just 8 of us voted.

Come on, guys! It's an anonymous poll. You don't have to leave feedback on the thread and if the event is organised in the end, you'll get to show your appreciation- anonymous again- for those fan artists who keep you entertained and coming back to NS.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

My problem with voting and speaking up about these sorts of things is that I'm not here all the time, so I only see the posts if someone comments on them just before/after I get here. Or if I notice the tweet on the side (which I don't always do). Is there some way to make a thread sticky--staying on top all the time--or something similar? Or maybe announce it at the top where you announce awards and contests. Or... I don't know, can you change the tweet notice's font color to grab attention more? I don't use Twitter so I have no idea how all that works with cross-posting and such.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sinecure View Post
    My problem with voting and speaking up about these sorts of things is that I'm not here all the time, so I only see the posts if someone comments on them just before/after I get here. Or if I notice the tweet on the side (which I don't always do). Is there some way to make a thread sticky--staying on top all the time--or something similar? Or maybe announce it at the top where you announce awards and contests. Or... I don't know, can you change the tweet notice's font color to grab attention more? I don't use Twitter so I have no idea how all that works with cross-posting and such.
    Advertising on the index page is a good idea; even though many a time people don't even notice the banners or notices there. I'm used to getting PMs on other forums when something is being organised or when the administration is looking for the members' opinion on a certain topic or invites them to visit a specific thread such as this one. However, I know that Julie isn't too fond of PM blasts...
    Last edited by lexie; 30th September 2010 at 20:46.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

I voted for a vids award show. Mostly because there are way too many great fics to try and choose from! And while there are certainly great vids there aren't nearly as many therefore I'll take the less pressured sitiuation! LOL

I'm for another award show! I think it would be fun!

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Dammit, I had finished writing a comment, and then I clicked on the wrong button when I meant to post it. The post disappeared! aaargh, why do I have to do such dumb things sometimes?!??

Anyhow, I don't remember when the last fanfiction and music video award competition took place. Surely it wasn't that long ago...? In any case, I don't think there have been too many new additions in music videos since the last competition, but I AM quite certain that there have been a number of new fics since the last fanfiction awards. Perhaps? Maybe? In which case, let's hold another fanfiction award celebration to welcome all the new fics that have joined our happy family.

Quote Originally Posted by sinecure View Post
    I've sent out a PM to all members now, and the thread is sticky Thanks for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Advertising on the index page is a good idea; even though many a time people don't even notice the banners or notices there. I'm used to getting PMs on other forums when something is being organised or when the administration is looking for the members' opinion on a certain topic or invites them to visit a specific thread such as this one. However, I know that Julie isn't too fond of PM blasts...
    I'm not too against sending mass PMs (as you can tell now ), but I am against mass e-mails, because 90% of the time it just fails because of the servers anti-spam method I tried a mass e-mail a couple of years ago, and of the.. 2000 I tried to send, I got back over 1500 of them So not doing that again any time soon, haha!

It's just too straining on the server to send a lot of e-mails in one instant. PMs are a bit better though.

Quote Originally Posted by astrid26a View Post
    I voted for a vids award show. Mostly because there are way too many great fics to try and choose from! And while there are certainly great vids there aren't nearly as many therefore I'll take the less pressured sitiuation! LOL
    Haha! Then I think you should start to think of your favourites now, because the way things are going, it looks like there's going to be fanfiction awards

Quote Originally Posted by LexGirl View Post
    I'm for another award show! I think it would be fun!
    I think it will be fun too!

Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy View Post
    Dammit, I had finished writing a comment, and then I clicked on the wrong button when I meant to post it. The post disappeared! aaargh, why do I have to do such dumb things sometimes?!??

Anyhow, I don't remember when the last fanfiction and music video award competition took place. Surely it wasn't that long ago...? In any case, I don't think there have been too many new additions in music videos since the last competition, but I AM quite certain that there have been a number of new fics since the last fanfiction awards. Perhaps? Maybe? In which case, let's hold another fanfiction award celebration to welcome all the new fics that have joined our happy family.
    I hate it when that happens to me, which is why I've added the habit of either do a Ctrl+C to copy, and sometimes I even paste it into a separate Notepad document just in case, before I hit Go/Submit when writing longer posts, just in case something happens

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

I agree with Sabrina that it's probably smarter to do the fanfic awards, just because there will be more new work to vote on since the previous awards. Even in fanfic, if it's limited like last time to Completed fics for most of the categories, we're talking about a relatively small pool of possibilities, at least compared to the last awards.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    I hate it when that happens to me, which is why I've added the habit of either do a Ctrl+C to copy, and sometimes I even paste it into a separate Notepad document just in case, before I hit Go/Submit when writing longer posts, just in case something happens
    Heh. I edit my new chapters in the textbox (it looks different there and I catch things I don't in Word) - and once several years back I spent an hour editing a 6000 word chapter of "Irrevocable" but forgot to copy and paste before I hit submit. I lost it! Oh dear, I was an uphappy camper. I never forget anymore.

Thread Information