+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We There Yet? (PG-13 Completed)

Are We There Yet? (PG-13 Completed)

TITLE: Are We There Yet?
    AUTHOR: ~Kat~
    E-MAIL: gemkat5@yahoo.com
    DISCLAIMER: The 'only' thing I claim to own is the insane idea that formed this story. Everything else is borrowed.
    SPOILERS: none
    SUMMARY: Lex takes Chloe to an island for her to investigate the effects of a meteor shower there... and nothing goes as expected!
    PAIRING: CHLEX
    RATING: PG-13

Are We There Yet?

"Are we almost there yet?" Chloe asked for the tenth time in as many minutes.

"Chloe," Lex chuckled. "We'll be there when we land." His grin remained on his face at her perturbed expression.

Chloe had stumbled on an old article about meteor rocks landing on an island in the south pacific the same night Smallville was hit and wouldn't stop talking about it. She tried to no avail to find more information and the reporter who wrote the story died of a heart attack several years after printing his article. But Chloe wouldn't let it drop and was driving everyone in her life, and even those who weren't, crazy.

To appease the blonde Lex offered to take her to the island so she could investigate it first hand and hopefully let everyone go on with life in peace. Chloe had been so over-joyed at Lex's offer that she bound into his arms, jumping up and down with exuberant excitement.

Looking across the helicopter cabin at her now Lex couldn't help admire the young
    woman. She was usually so mature in manner, matching wits with him at any given moment, and going out and getting what she wanted with no fear. Yet, there were moments when being seventeen just gave way and burst out of control. Like the overwhelming hug she had given him in response to his offer.

The action had been innocent in her mind, Lex was sure, but the effect of her body
    pressed against his, even momentarily, and her arms around his neck was far from innocent in Lex's perspective. He had welcomed the chance to slip out of the Talon unnoticed to hide the physical effect she had on him. Oddly enough it was the girlishness in her behavior that he found most refreshing at times.

"Are we almost..." she started to ask again then saw the expression on Lex's face and let it die into nothing turning back to look out the window.

She couldn't help being so excited. This was an opportunity she never would have had without Lex. But second to her excitement was nervousness. Lex's frequent glances her way, the slight grin that would appear on his face were unnerving her to the core. She never denied that she found Lex to be attractive and that maybe, just maybe, her hugging him like she had was a bad idea. But her arms were around his neck before she realized what she was doing. More to the point, 'who', she was doing it to.

She had turned her overwhelmed excitement to Pete, hugging him instead, then Lana, and Clark, and anyone else who happened to be within arms reach of her at that moment. When she finally brought herself down to controllable she found Lex had left and felt a stab of disappointment. She wanted to go over the details of the trip with him. When would they leave, how would they get there? But she had a feeling her outburst insulted him so she had impatiently waited for him to contact her.

"Chloe!" Lex called over the noise of the chopper. He gestured out his window when she looked at him. In one swift motion she was practically on his lap leaning over him to see the island not too far off below.

"Is that it?" she asked with more excitement. Lex nodded while fighting the urge to to kiss those lips that were so close to his own.

The chopper dropped altitude flying closer to sea level as they approached land. It jolted suddenly making Chloe crash into Lex full bodily.

"You need to sit down and put the strap on!" Lex said loud enough for her to hear him. She nodded and moved back to her seat when the chopper jolted again tossing Chloe to the floor. She quickly scrambled up and got into her seat, putting the safety strap on. "Pilot, is everything ok?"

"I'm having trouble maneuvering! But I should be able to land without..." the chopper jolted again with more force than before. "Mr. Luthor!" the pilot yelled. "I think something is trying to prevent us from landing!"

"What do you mean?" shifting in his seat to first look out one window than the other.

"I mean, every time I try to bring her down..." the chopper jolted once more rocking fiercely in the air. "See?! 'That's' what I mean!"

"But there's nothing out there!" Lex replied peering out the window. "How can anyone prevent us from landing?"

"Ah, Lex?" Chloe chimed. "I think you better see this." She had her face to the glass looking as straight up as possible. Lex moved to the floor by Chloe and looked up to see something with an incredible wing span circling above the helicopter.

"That's impossible." Lex breathed.

"Not if meteor rocks were involved its not." Chloe replied with distraction.

"Pilot, try flying closer inland. See if you can land."

"Yes Mr. Luthor." The pilot replied not sounding hopeful.

The chopper barely reached the surf when it was hit again from below, jolting everyone on board.

"Something tells me that we're not dealing with an oversized chicken."

"Worse." Chloe voiced. "I think it's a bat."

"A bat? It can't be. Bats don't normally fly in the daylight."

"Does 'that' look normal to you, Lex?! I don't think we have a basis for comparison
    here!"

"Sir, what do you want me to do?" the pilot called back.

"How low can you get to land before it hits us?"

"About twenty feet."

Lex looked over at Chloe, his eyes bright with an idea as he slid the door open.

"No!" Chloe yelled. "No! I am 'not' jumping out of this helicopter!"

"Think of it as a risk for a reporter!" he smirked at her. "Pilot, get us down to ten feet and get out of here as soon as we jump."

"I can't let you do that! If I fly out of here, I am taking you with me!"

"If you don't let us drop then the only thing you'll ever fly again will be a kite on a string when I get done with you!"

"Is that ridge ok?" The pilot compensated. "Maybe if I fly inland without dropping
    altitude that thing won't notice the ground rising beneath us."

"Try it!" Lex ordered.

"Lex! Are you sure you want to do this? We have no idea what else might be bigger than life down there!" Chloe had some serious misgivings this all of a sudden.

"You're not the only one with a pension for curiosity, Miss Sullivan!" he grinned at her before sliding open the door again. "Give me the bags." Chloe found herself handing over the backpacks and duffle bags with supplies. Lex tossed them out as they flew over some undergrowth then turned and reached for Chloe herself. "Are you ready?" he asked with a sardonic smirk.

"You're out of your fucking mind, Luthor!" pulling her hand back.

"Sir, if you're going to jump I'd do it now!" the pilot yelled back to them hovering over a high point. "So far it hasn't followed us inland!"

"You 'know' you'll regret not doing this if we turn back now, Chloe!" Lex shouted at her above the noise of propellers and rushing air. "There are unanswered questions down there waiting for you to find them!"

"That is 'so' unfair!" she yelled back, but she knew he was right and put her hand in his stepping closer to the open door next to him.

"Come back for us in three days!" Lex said to the pilot grabbing Chloe around the waist and before she could change her mind Lex heaved them both the several feet to the ground.

End 1/10

A/N: O-Kay... does anyone want more or should I scrap it? Please let me know!
    ~Kat~

Yes, I am that Fabulous Senior Member tigerbaby's Avatar
    Jurassic Chloe and Lex. Love the idea and now that you've posted the first part, you definitely have to finish.

But her arms were around his neck before she realized what she was doing. More to the point, 'who', she was doing it to.
    This line brought out the dirty grrl in me

NS Junior Member
    Haha. I just love this fic. I already read all of it at the BT2.
    How about a sequel.*hint,hint*
    :yay2: :yay2: :yay2: :yay2:

see spot snark Senior Member happy bunny's Avatar
    Really interesting idea. and Hell yes! You should contininue! Lex and Chloe alone on an island. :eyebrows: I think you catch my drift.

Luthor's Power Senior Member Sab_Luthor's Avatar
    yaeh great story
    i love it
    an update soon please

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :biggrin: hehe, I can just see the possibilitys now, lex and chloe in skimpy torn clothing all hot a bothered by the steamy climate(in more ways than one&#33!!!!!! oh it would be criminal not to carry this on!!! please update soon!!!

demoness
    that was so cool! Can't wait to read more! Wonderful job!

Tandy

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    More :clap:

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Members
    I think you should do more, and soon. It's really good :yay:

lunaluthor
    Just a Guest!
    Go on with it girl :yay:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information