+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Masquerade Party (PG13)(completed)

NS Full Member
    I love this story!!! I can't wait to find out what Lex and Chloe will dress up as. Poor Lex, I don't know what Chloe's plan is but it doesn't sound too good for him !!! Please update soon! :biggrin:

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    Really wondering what Chloe's going to go as...

Luthor's Power Senior Member Sab_Luthor's Avatar
    :huh: :huh: what costume
    please update quickly

Yes, what will happen to our heroine? Will she be the perfect party crasher, or will she dress to impress? Will her dislike for Lex grow deeper, or will he win her over with his famous Luthor charm? Only time will tell... :

spooky

Fic Tease Senior Member Blaire023's Avatar
    *greets Logan with a big smacking kiss*

I know, I know *brushes off her skirt* I'm late. But that's okay, cuz I'm here now. *plops down on the couch beside Sabby*

Okay, now commence with the storytelling.

~B

And yes, I'm thoroughly enjoying this so far.

is pushing daisies Senior Member
    Hey, it's good to see you over here now 'Logan' lol.

I wonder what's gonna happen next

hmm i'm liking this story can't wait for the next part
    Kirsten

Logan
    Just a Guest!
    After talking it over with Lex and his other friends, the unanimous decision was reached to have a theme for the masquerade party. Going off of Lana’s “princess” inspiration, they all agreed to dress in a Renaissance style. Lex seemed particularly enthusiastic about this idea and invited anyone who wanted to come to his mansion a day early to look through what was a pretty extensive collection of costumes reflecting that era. While Clark and Lana agreed quickly, Chloe and Pete turned down the offer just as quickly.

Clark did have even more difficulty convincing his father to let him go than he did with Chloe and Pete. After much pleading and discussion his father finally consented, if not a bit begrudgingly. The funny thing was that the invitation Clark gave from Lex to his parents to attend the party went a long way in softening his heart. Lex sure knows people.

Pulling up to Lana’s house in his father’s truck he almost honked the horn, but thought it might be a little more gentlemanly to get out and knock on the door. They were on their way to the Luthor mansion and see what Lex had to offer in the way of costumes. According to Lex he had the perfect princess costume set aside for Lana, and he had something even better for Clark, though he was being mysterious as to what that was.

“Hey Clark.” Lana opened the door before he even made it up the front stairs. She looked back over her shoulder and a frown teased the corners of her mouth, then she looked back at him and it changed into a forced smile. She was outside and shutting the door behind her before Clark could ask what was wrong. “Let’s just get going. We can talk on the way.” She said as they walked toward the truck.

Clark walked her around to the passenger side and let her in, and then on the way back to his side he scanned the Sullivan house with his X ray vision. Chloe sat in the living room cutting a pair of clothes up with a pair of scissors. It didn’t appear that anyone else was in the house. He opened his door and got in. Lana had that concerned frown on again and Clark wished his vision could penetrate into her thoughts. He started up the truck and put it in gear. About three minutes into their drive Lana began to talk.

“Chloe is acting really strange.” She let that hang out there and Clark wondered if he was supposed to ask investigative questions. He didn’t and she continued after another minute. “I don’t know what is going on-she’s being really secretive…I just think she’s up to something. But when I asked her she just blew me off.”

“Do you have any idea what it might be?” Clark asked when the silence went on for a while. The drive was almost over-the Luthor mansion stood at the top of the hill they were driving on.

Lana shook her head. “I don’t know Clark, she’s been pretty volatile for a long time ever since…” She looked at Clark and didn’t need to finish the sentence. He knew what she left unsaid. Ever since I broke her heart.

He pulled in front of the mansion’s front doors and stopped. Lana got out before the conversation could go any further in that direction and Clark was thankful. Climbing the stairs in silence Clark’s hand grazed hers and he fumbled an apology. She looked at him with a warm smile and then startled him by throwing her arms around him in a tight hug. He just stood there for a moment then wrapped his arms around her and enjoyed the feeling of her pressed against him. She looked up at him and looked ready to say something when the front door opening interrupted them.

Lex was standing there wearing his characteristic smirk. “Clark, Lana. Glad you two could make it.” He was too subtle to tease them out right about the display of affection, but there was a hint of emphasis placed on the “make it” that Clark detected.

Lana must have heard it too because she blushed three shades of red and pulled away from Clark. They climbed the stairs to meet Lex and he ushered them into the house with a playful but genuine smile.

“Lana, in the third room on the right down that hall you will find what I think is the perfect costume for a princess. Please feel free to go try it on and let me know what you think.” Lex turned to Clark, “And you, follow me.” He strolled down the opposite hall without even looking to see if he was being followed. Clark and Lana looked at each other and shrugged with a smile, going their separate ways.

Jogging a little to catch up to Lex, Clark almost ran into the man as he stopped in front of a doorway. “Your costume is in there.” He said sweeping an arm toward the room for Clark. Clark walked in and Lex shut the door behind him, leaving him alone in the strangest room he had ever been in. The walls were adorned with dozens of swords and suits of armor from various periods of history. Different colored shields, tunics, and armor not only hung from the walls but also several mannequins stood at attention all around the room in various states of armor. Clark guessed that all of them were authentic and probably belonged in a museum.

In the center of the room was a stand on which hung a white tunic with golden chain mail underneath it. The tunic was dazzling white with a golden symbol of a serpentine dragon in the shape of an “S” on the front of it. A note with a simple “Clark” written on it was pinned to the sleeve of the tunic. Clark was impressed, he quickly unhooked the tunic and armor and awkwardly put the uniform on, the last effect was one of the coolest as he slid the long sword slowly into the sheath at his side. He stood in front of the full-length mirror and smiled at the finished product.

A hero.

A/N: What's this? No Chlex yet? I promise it's coming. Don't hurt me!
    :

Yes, I am that Fabulous Senior Member tigerbaby's Avatar
    Oh good god, please, please tell me he's not going as St. George. I loved that story and, really, Clark isn't my idea of a hero, certainly not of St. George's calibre.

That said, if we're talking renaissance, and with Chloe cutting up clothes, is she perhaps going as a gypsy? a slave girl? Salome?

Okay, put me out of my misery and post the next part soon, 'k? Glad we understand each other.

see spot snark Senior Member happy bunny's Avatar
    While this addition was lovely, I also can't wait for the next part. What can I say? I'm greedy. :biggrin:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information