+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer Story Information Post and Ongoing Sign Ups

Summer Story Information Post and Ongoing Sign Ups

Okay, I'm closing the other post. Anyone who would like to sign up to be an author, please post here and you'll be added!

A big thank you to those who have signed up so far! This post will be for all the information on the process of creating the story. The story will have it's own post so that things can be discussed here without crowding up the other thread.

Here's where we're at:

Plot: I want to start with a very thin idea here so that no one is locked in to a specific direction, but we have a jumping off point. If the writers would like to make this more specific, post here and we'll hammer out some more plot points and I'll add them.

Set in season 5 - Chloe is working to break a huge story and Lex has some concerns.

Feel free to take that in whichever direction you want when it's your turn. Some questions we might want to (but don't have to) consider:
    • What is the story?
    • Why is Lex concerned?
    • Is Lex concerned for Chloe' sake or his own?
    • Is Chloe in danger?
    • What is the relationship like between Chloe and Lex?

Post Length: The posts are limited to between 100-800 words so that no one feels overwhelmed by having to post in such a short time.

End Date: The story ends on September 1st and should have a conclusion at that point.

Also, remember to keep it civil and a maximum of PG15 so that everyone can participate.

If anyone has anything that they want to discuss or suggest as far as current or potential plot points, please feel absolutely free to do so here. That goes for both writers and readers.

Also, if an author's turn is approaching and they're unsure of which way they want to take the story and would like some help or advice, ask here. And don't worry if you want to write something short that doesn't involve huge plot movement. There will be lots of posts, so big and little ones are both great.

As far as a title goes, suggestions are welcome - either of actual titles or of a good way of picking one. Any opinions if we should name it now or when it's finished?

Below is the order we have at this point. Let me know if anyone has a problem with their spot.

Participants
    asharnanae
    somethingeasy
    skauble
    westwingwolf
    Rachet
    Ultra
    Fouzia
    Kit Merlot

I will PM each author as their turn comes up. They have 2 days to post up their part.

It's okay if that person can't post for whatever reason. We'll just move to the next person on the list and bump the person that missed to the end so that they're still part of the RR.

If the person can't think of anything then it's absolutely okay to pass. They'll just be added back at the end of the list and can try again later on.
    Last edited by skauble; 15th June 2010 at 15:26.

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar

Re: Summer Story Information Post and Ongoing Sign Ups

Right, I have just about finished the opening to the story, not got any thoughts on a title just yet, but hopefully the entrance to the story I provide wont totally suck. I don't know if I am writing something that may be a little over complicated, but hey.... we can always chuck it and start fresh! I'll post up the finished chappy tomorow when I have had a chance to propler iron it out ;D.

If anyone wants to put in some input before then, please do

I'm sure you're doing an awesome job, asharnanae It might be easier to come up with the title at the end anyway, when we know what the story has been about! lol

Quote Originally Posted by asharnanae View Post
    Right, I have just about finished the opening to the story, not got any thoughts on a title just yet, but hopefully the entrance to the story I provide wont totally suck. I don't know if I am writing something that may be a little over complicated, but hey.... we can always chuck it and start fresh! I'll post up the finished chappy tomorow when I have had a chance to propler iron it out ;D.

If anyone wants to put in some input before then, please do

Yay!

And I agree with Ultra that you'll do a bang up job. And I don't think that overly complicated is bad. Since it's the beginning of the story it can help give us some direction. I can't wait to read it.

~Sarah~

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar

well... for better or worse the chapter is up....

We could name it splash.

Should someone have posted a new part by now?

Quote Originally Posted by Rachet View Post
    Should someone have posted a new part by now?
    Thats just what I was going to ask!

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    Thats just what I was going to ask!
    Maybe I misread this, but I thought each writer had to wait to post the next section and then Sarah would give them the go ahead. And I think I'm up after Fouzia, so I'm trying to remain calm
    Last edited by Kit Merlot; 6th July 2010 at 14:06.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

I thought that she would PM us as a reminder. Or to let us know if the person before us wanted to skip their turn.
    Last edited by Rachet; 6th July 2010 at 00:45.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information