Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NS was hacked

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

Re: NS was hacked

And again......really nothing better to do with his/her time.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

A war against Lex/MR must be all the rage because it's been happening a lot lately on forums and sites devoted to both.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Something is definitely fishy here, so I'm, again, turning off ALL of the extra non-standard vBulletin stuff, so if something is missing of the extra stuff, it's probably one of the things removed

The main-main page, naughty-seduction.net, is down to some errors, but I don't have time to fix that right now. I'll try when I get home
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Now that you've disabled some things one of the problems I had got fixed- the buttons that were misaligned on my posts are viewed just fine.
    Last edited by lexie; 5th May 2010 at 06:50.

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Now that you've disabled some things one of the problems I had got fixed- the buttons that were misaligned on my posts are viewed just fine.
    Hm, that's odd... I've simply turned all of the gadgets on/off, I haven't added or specifically removed any... Hm... We'll figure it out lexie!
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    Hm, that's odd... I've simply turned all of the gadgets on/off, I haven't added or specifically removed any... Hm... We'll figure it out lexie!
    Well, stranger things have happened. lol. A question: You've disabled the list of visitors to threads, right?

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Well, stranger things have happened. lol. A question: You've disabled the list of visitors to threads, right?
    Yup, that was an extra feature

I've disabled everything to make sure it's not a security risk within one of those scripts...
    Last edited by Julie; 5th May 2010 at 07:05.

I couldn't believe when I came to the homepage and there was that hacker message. I feel so bad that someone went and messed with this site, that's just mean. I hope everything can be fixed and that nothing was lost

Quote Originally Posted by tatie87 View Post
    I couldn't believe when I came to the homepage and there was that hacker message. I feel so bad that someone went and messed with this site, that's just mean. I hope everything can be fixed and that nothing was lost
    I took a backup of the database this morning (hopefully it managed to finish properly before I had to leave for work ), which is where all the important good stuff is

Not my ideal way of waking up I say, checking my mail as soon as my eyes open to see mails about being hacked... again...

Apparently the hacker(s) had upload files to NS, which gave them instant access whenever they wanted to And that vulnerability most likely lies within a PHP script, so I'm taking down most of the NS network sites that rely on PHP, and I'm going to tweak the Spotlight code when I get home to hopefully make it more secure!

Thread Information