View Poll Results: Which story is your favorite?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Story #1

    3 16.67%
  • Story #2

    6 33.33%
  • Story #3

    0 0%
  • Story #4

    9 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: NS Fanfic Challenge - #9 April 2010 - "Blind date!" - PG stories

  1. #11
    NS Full Member Booksketeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Aug 2008
    Location
    Most often found beating my head against the wall- in Michigan
    Posts
    201

    Re: NS Fanfic Challenge - #9 April 2010 - "Blind date!" - PG stories

    Oh wow, this was an interesting prompt. The first story was wonderful, and very well written. I loved the playful banter between the two, and the side-glimpse we get of the relationship they each have with Clark, and how it effects them. I loved the angst as well, especially knowing that Lex is going to have to go back to the table and face her, knowing that he has done irreparable damage to someone he's held in such high esteem, who did not deserve it. I also loved the hint of the future we saw, in his plans for Chloe- would like to see a sequel!

    The second story-wow. Just wow. I thought it was going to be a kinky sex game when it started out having him tied to a bed (c'mon, really- who out there WASN'T thinking that?) Finding out what he did to her, I can't say that he didn't deserve what he got but wow- just was not expecting the violent, vengeful scene there at the end. A good read though!

    Oh, I loved number three! I thought it was so cute, and so sweet seeing the interaction between Chloe and Lex while they (she) was trying to be matchmakers for their friends, and it was a pleasant surprise who was set up. Lovely story, and so funny how Chloe prompts Lex into helping.

    But number four got my vote- I enjoyed seeing the set up, with Lois and Clark, and figured on Lex and Chloe being the ones set up. However, the different stories fed to the two to get them together, and then only to find out they've been secretly MARRIED? Oh, that was so cute! Loved it!

    You all did a great job!

  2. #12
    NS Full Member
    Join Date
    27 Aug 2009
    Posts
    314

    Re: NS Fanfic Challenge - #9 April 2010 - "Blind date!" - PG stories

    thanks for the new stories.they are good but my favorites are story 1 and 4

  3. #13
    looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,096

    Re: NS Fanfic Challenge - #9 April 2010 - "Blind date!" - PG stories

    These were a HARD bunch of stories to choose a favourite from. I don’t think I’ve ever come across a fanfic challenge where I found ever single story to be of amazing, stellar quality. Usually it’s only one or two that catch my eye, but this time, it was ALL of them.

    I’m certainly not complaining of course… even it if does make it slightly challenging to pick one of them as a favourite.


    Story #1 - Through A Glass, Darkly

    I suppose I should have expected that some author would choose to blind either Chloe or Lex (or perhaps both of them?), but the truth is that the idea didn’t even occur to me. LOL! I’m horribly unimaginative that way.

    I liked the exploration of seeing Chloe blinded. It was amazing seeing how well she was coping with her problem. She’s adapted VERY quickly to the massive change in her life, and she’s managed to maintain her independence and cheerful attitude despite everything. I loved seeing Lex in complete awe of Chloe over her amazing adjustment.

    Chloe’s adjustment to her new circumstances was a great contrast to the trouble Lex was having to the situation. HE was having more of a problem getting used to Chloe being blind as compared to Chloe herself. I loved the irony of Lex saying that he was feeling a little out of his depth… and he didn’t even notice the irony of that statement… and Chloe was too kind or sunny-natured to point it out to him.

    I was both bemused as well as awe-inspired to see that Chloe was doing most of the comforting and reassuring during their conversation… trying to make Lex feel better about her disability, and trying to make him feel more comfortable with her blindness. The strength, courage and endurance that she displayed was amazing, and I was glad to see that Lex was practically worshipping her for those qualities.

    The ending was a tragic shocker. So it was Lex’s resources, company and/or employees that were responsible for Chloe’s condition… and he knew it! That is dreadful news on so many levels. I now see that most of Lex’s discomfort and difficulty in adjustment stems from his guilt in the part that he played in Chloe being blinded. I’m not sure exactly how he was responsible, but it’s obvious that he considers the whole thing to be his fault. Perhaps it really IS his fault, or perhaps he’s holding himself responsible for matters that were beyond his control. In either case, Lex is going to have a HARD couple of weeks, months or even years ahead of him… unless Chloe clearly and directly forgives him for her disability.

    Or perhaps she won’t ever forgive him…? I loved, LOVED the way that the fic ended on a note of thrilling, angsty uncertainty, where Lex is sure that Chloe is inevitably going to find out that HE’S responsible for her blindness… and we don’t know whether she’s going to loathe him for whatever part he played in the accident… OR whether she’s going to instantly forgive him for an accident that was never his fault in the first place.

    Great fic! I can imagine it continuing with yet more angst and thrills. I loved it!


    Story #2 – Go

    heee! This was an AWESOME fic. I loved the twists that kept on hitting me left, right and centre… right to the very ending sentence!

    I started off believing that Lex was involved in playing some kind of hot, kinky game with Chloe. I could see that he wasn’t all too enthusiastic about being tied up, but he was trying to put a stoic face on his discomfort, not wishing to give Chloe the satisfaction of seeing him flinching and nervous.

    heh… veeery nicely set-up!! I was fooled completely!

    And speaking of set-up… I loved the way that the tone was carefully built, establishing Lex as a complete bastard by slow increments throughout the fic. I got the impression that Lex was a asshole from his musings about the power-play between himself and Chloe. He was just so very smug that HE was the one in power and control that I wanted to slap him. The bastard seemed so utterly certain that he could play and manipulate Chloe like a cheap violent; starting with his manipulation of her job assignment and getting her to this restaurant in the first place, and then continuing with his smug assessment that he could pretend to allow Chloe some ‘semblance of control and power’ because it would be all the more sweeter when he destroyed her illusions of control later.

    The bastard was being such a condescending ass that I seriously wanted to hit that (admittedly beautiful) head of his with something blunt and heavy. And this was before his plan to drug Chloe was revealed!!

    I was absolutely furious with Lex upon finding out, first that he planned to drug Chloe for the sole purpose of facilitating having sex with her (can you say date rape drug?), and then I was even more livid upon finding out that the drug was one designed to wipe out all of Chloe memories once he was finished with her. So he meant to commit mind-rape as well as sexual rape… the monstrous bastard!!!

    And if that wasn’t enough, it was made clear that the icing on Lex’s cake was that he believed that the drug would compel Chloe to seek HIM out, making her the needy, desperate, horny, begging ‘initiator’ of the sexual bout, when in fact it was Lex who was going through ridiculous, desperate lengths to satisfy his needs. He was giving himself a complete simulacrum of control over Chloe, for this one night at least.

    Actually, if this plan had worked, I have no doubt that Lex would have drugged Chloe again and again. Tricking her into taking in the drug, chasing after him for sexual favours, and then watching her the next morning confident that she didn’t remember a thing.

    I felt that the situation might be going a little off Luthor’s plan when Chloe actually called, and made such strange but vague demands about ‘needing to see him’ that night. I recalled how the drug was meant to release Chloe from her inhibitions… and I started considering just what other kinds of boundaries and limits would Chloe find herself suddenly freed from, that she’d feel the need to satisfy tonight!

    heee! The ending was awesome! I know it was terrible and gory, but I couldn’t help but cheer to see the bastard get due justice and come-uppence in this VERY unexpected form.

    The best part was seeing that Chloe was fully aware that Lex had done something to her this evening that released her from her inhibitions, and she chose to go along with it… in a way very different from what Lex imagined. heh… I imagine that Chloe was aware that those ‘strange unexpected feelings of freedom’ rising in her were because of Lex drugging her tonight… and instead of lust, she felt complete RAGE… and the rage was channeled thus.

    The ending was gory, disgusting and absolutely thrilling! I couldn’t look away from the screen, although a part of me wanted to flinch. Despite how he might have deserved it, it’s NOT a pretty sight reading about Lex being blinded with a wooden dowel through his eyes… while he’s fuly aware and conscious no less. Chloe probably waited for him to wake up first before doing this to him, didn’t she? *shudder* Dear heavens, she really hated him, didn’t she?!

    The end paragraph was the BEST of endings, where we see Lex, even as he’s dying, is completely self-aware of the situation, and how it’s going to play out. He is going to die, and Chloe is going to get off from his, scot-free, without so much as a guilty conscience marring her future. I think it was the fact that even his own murderer wasn’t going to remember him that really (emotionally) killed Lex at that moment, and broke his spirit… just before his physical body gave out.

    This was an INTENSE fic, that showed Lex completely beaten and broken before being killed. Wow!


    Story #3

    This fic was brilliant. I loved how it began with a sweet domestic scene, that had enough snark in it to keep me giddy with delight. LOL! I loved Lex’s sardonic inner-monologue through the fic, as he made silly comments to himself such as the possibility of making a god-awful pun on the phrase ‘spread to joy’ to Chloe, LOL!

    The most adorable thing aboout Lex’s internal sardonic voice was the way that he carefully kept it internal and hidden away… careful to make sure that Chloe didn’t guess what he was thinking. LOL! Can you say ‘whipped’? ROTFL! I thought I was going to die laughing when Lex reflexively apologized to Chloe when she gave him a demanding look. It’s always great fun to see signs of Chloe in charge of the Chlex relationship.

    Actually it’s practical as well as fun to have Chloe in charge, because she IS, quite frankly, the more level-headed and sensible one of the pair, and less likely to indulge in self-destructive tendencies. As long as Chloe is in charge, this relationship will thrive… obvious common sense!

    This is demonstrated by Chloe’s ‘rule’ of not taking the clothes off once they have dressed themselves up all fancy and nice… although it’s fun imagining all the times when they ended up getting late before they created and enforced that rule, LOL!

    I had the impression that Chloe was playing matchmaker quite early on, but I was wracking my brains trying to figure out just WHO she was targeting helping with her matchmaking scheming. Who the heck would she have tortured with Jimmy as a blind date?! LOL! Oh I would have LOVED to have seen how THAT date would have gone, ROTFL!

    It was after Lex made his sardonic comment about ‘fending off Clark’ that I guessed that it was a guy that Chloe was trying to match up with another guy. ROTFL! Not to mention Lex’s bristling jealousy when he discovered why Oliver Queen was not being considered as a matchmaking possibility, LOL!

    By the way, I was ROTFL and giggling imagining Lex’s exasperated, sardonic and amused tone as he commented how Clark had been stalking him like an infatuated puppy during their earlier years in Smallville. It’s SO true, isn’t it? Not that you can blame Clark, because Lex is just irresistible to straight men as well as those of flexible sexual orientations.

    I was awwwing over Lex’s protective instincts rearing up over his ‘family’. It’s wonderful to know that he’s as protective of Lucas as he is of Chloe… ok, perhaps he’s not as paranoid and obsessive about men flirting with Lucas as he is about men flirting with Chloe, but there is a trace of the same tenderness, affection and defensiveness when it comes to Lucas. I’m sure Lucas is hugely gratified about this… when he’s not exasperated about his control freak big brother of course.

    heee! I loved the ending where the mystery of the target’s couple’s identity was made known. Bruce and Lucas, eh? I think that’s a brilliant idea! I don’t think I’ll be hopping onto the ship, but I can definitely see the potential there. And Chloe DID make an excellent point about how this can lead to a beautiful relationship and alliance between LuthorCorp and Wayne Enterprises

    ROTFL! It was hilarious seeing Lex perk up seeing the possibilities of alliance and profits when Chloe mentioned the possible LuthorCorp-Wayne merger. He’s going to be spending the rest of the evening very indiscreetly pushing the two men together, isn’t he? LOL!


    Story #4 – Sneaky

    This was a really fun fic. I loved the way that it was written from a Clois point of view. And it was a Clois domestic scene that I found honestly entertaining, fun, adorable with a little bit of that Sullivan/Lane snark thrown in for good measure. Clark and Lois made a lovely couple!

    LOL! I especially enjoyed seeing how Lois was firmly in charge of the Clois relationship. This is not really a surprise since of course Lois is going to be the aggressive take-charge one of her relationship. What was surprising was seeing that I wasn’t annoyed by any of the mannerisms that irritate me about Lois’s ‘take charge’ attitude in canon Smallville. She was the dominant partner, but she wasn’t brash, crude, overly-aggressive, bullying about it. She was actually funny and sweet… and even rather gentle with her Clark. As a result, I really enjoyed the Clois domesticity painted for me in this fic’s opening.

    LOL! Despite Lois’s (relative) gentleness, it was clear that she was going to get Clark to jump whatever way SHE wanted… at the snap of her fingers. Clark was so cute the way that he was completely flustered in trying to arrange the blind date to Lois’s specifications.

    LOL! Clark’s nervousness and fluster became all the more pronounced, obvious and adorable when he outlined Lois’s plan for the matchmaking blind date to Lois’s intended victim beneficiary. I loved how Lex was actually amused at seeing how completely whipped Clark was… and how he seemed to agree to go along with the date more out of a sense of pity for Clark rather than any desire to get ‘matched up’ with a soulmate.

    LOL! But it was good to see that Lex made it clear that Clark that he WAS being inconvenienced by this request. It just wouldn’t be right for Lex to do favours without subtly hinting ‘you owe me one!’

    The scene that took place between Chloe and Lex was hilarious. I’ll confess… I predicted that Chloe was the ‘single, lonely friend’ that Lois was setting up with Lex. AND, somehow I even managed to guess the ironic twist in the end, that Chloe and Lex are already involved in a relationship.

    Perhaps Lex just seemed too content and happy during his conversation with Clark…? I just didn’t get so much as the slightest hint of loneliness, bitterness or resentment from Lex when he was indiscreetly reminded by Clark about his lack of dating. I couldn’t help but think that Lex simply cannot be so happy unless he’s already got Chloe as a close, intimate part of his life. heh… and I turned out to be right

    ROTFL! Chloe’s question about Lex stalking her was hilarious… and probably spot-on. He might not have been stalking her this time, but he’s still Lex Luthor madly in love with Chloe Sullivan… and you can bet that he’s been keeping his virtual eyes and ears on her somehow or another.

    I loved, LOVED the way that the conversation turned to a discussion about getting some entertaining, petty revenge on Clark and Lois for being so ‘sneaky’ about this whole blind date.

    Quite honestly though, it was a pathetic attempt at being sneaky. Lex was well-aware of the plan from the beginning, and I suspect that even Chloe had half-guessed that this lunch-meeting was actually a thin disguise for a lunch-date. I think Chloe and Lex actually wanted revenge on Lois and Clark for putting on such a shallow, pathetic attempt at sneakiness on the two of them. If you’re going to manipulate Lex and Chloe, then at least do a good, smooth job about it… instead of such a hackneyed, crude, clumsy attempt. That’s just insulting and offensive!

    heee! The ending made me swoon though. They were not only seeing each other in a secret love affair… but they were actually married!! That’s perfect! LOL! And no-one, not even Lois and/or Clark have any idea! ROTFLMAO! Delicious, funny and irresistible fic. I loved it!

  4. #14
    NS Junior Member
    Join Date
    19 Sep 2006
    Posts
    75

    Re: NS Fanfic Challenge - #9 April 2010 - "Blind date!" - PG stories

    Lots of twists and surprises with these fics.
    #1 I almost stopped at that one, because I thought it was so amazing! I loved the depth of emotion and I could picture the whole scene so crisply!
    #2 It was set up beautifully. I didn't think it was anything related to sex at first, thought Lex had been kidnapped/tortured and the horrific end was justified. Very well written!
    #3 Great picture of married life. Chloe manipulating, I mean playing matchmaker. Putting Lex in his place! Loved the interactions between them. To find her setting Bruce up with Lucas, priceless! Never saw that coming!
    #4 Was a favorite and the one I ultimately picked. It's a style of writing I have grown to love. I liked the Clois relationship, the dialogue was fantastic. And the twist at the end of Chlex actually being married! Love, love, loved it!

  5. #15
    Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Nov 2002
    Posts
    7,064

    Re: NS Fanfic Challenge - #9 April 2010 - "Blind date!" - PG stories

    And the winner iisssss....


















    LEXIE!

    She wrote story number 4!


    Well done everyone!
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

  6. #16
    Wannabe Superhero Ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Nov 2007
    Location
    England
    Age
    33
    Posts
    765

    Re: NS Fanfic Challenge - #9 April 2010 - "Blind date!" - PG stories

    Congrats, lexie I actually voted for your fic!

    Mine was Story#1 - thanks to those who voted for me, and to those that left feedback too. I usually stick to fluff and humour, generally light stuff on these challenge fics. Let my darker dramary side out to play on this one!

  7. #17
    An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 May 2003
    Location
    Penn's Woods
    Posts
    4,680

    Re: NS Fanfic Challenge - #9 April 2010 - "Blind date!" - PG stories

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    Mine was Story#1 - thanks to those who voted for me, and to those that left feedback too. I usually stick to fluff and humour, generally light stuff on these challenge fics. Let my darker dramary side out to play on this one!
    Congratulations Lexie!

    And Ultra, thanks for Story #1--I voted for it because I adored the tragic quality to it, so well done on the "darker dreamy side."
    Last edited by Kit Merlot; 2nd May 2010 at 19:48.
    KATHY

    "Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

    "This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

    My Fanfic Master List

    My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

  8. #18
    NS Junior Member
    Join Date
    19 Sep 2006
    Posts
    75

    Re: NS Fanfic Challenge - #9 April 2010 - "Blind date!" - PG stories

    Congrats Lexie!!!!! I thought it was yours Superb job! Now can you post another chapter to Back from the Dead?! Pretty please

    Ultra, I really did love your fic! So you should let your "darker dramary side" out more often!

  9. #19
    Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar
    Join Date
    26 Jan 2007
    Location
    In RL:Argentina. In my dreams: Lexland
    Age
    47
    Posts
    3,314

    Re: NS Fanfic Challenge - #9 April 2010 - "Blind date!" - PG stories

    Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy View Post
    Story #4 – Sneaky

    This was a really fun fic. I loved the way that it was written from a Clois point of view. And it was a Clois domestic scene that I found honestly entertaining, fun, adorable with a little bit of that Sullivan/Lane snark thrown in for good measure. Clark and Lois made a lovely couple!
    This is the best praise I could get, considering SV's Lois and Clois aren't exactly loved amongst us Chlexers. I honestly wasn't sure whether all readers would go beyond the introduction. LOL. I thought the scene was cute but still.....

    Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy View Post
    LOL! Despite Lois’s (relative) gentleness, it was clear that she was going to get Clark to jump whatever way SHE wanted… at the snap of her fingers. Clark was so cute the way that he was completely flustered in trying to arrange the blind date to Lois’s specifications.
    Clark will never have what it takes to be the one in charge. I liked SVClark a lot more when he was all nervous and clumsy.

    Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy View Post
    LOL! Clark’s nervousness and fluster became all the more pronounced, obvious and adorable when he outlined Lois’s plan for the matchmaking blind date to Lois’s intended victim beneficiary. I loved how Lex was actually amused at seeing how completely whipped Clark was… and how he seemed to agree to go along with the date more out of a sense of pity for Clark rather than any desire to get ‘matched up’ with a soulmate.

    LOL! But it was good to see that Lex made it clear that Clark that he WAS being inconvenienced by this request. It just wouldn’t be right for Lex to do favours without subtly hinting ‘you owe me one!’
    Clark's so transparent that he can't be expected to carry out any master plan without giving it away from the onset or, at least, without making the interlocutor suspicious. Lex must have definitely smelt a rat somewhere; he's always been able to read the farmboy.

    Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy View Post
    The scene that took place between Chloe and Lex was hilarious. I’ll confess… I predicted that Chloe was the ‘single, lonely friend’ that Lois was setting up with Lex. AND, somehow I even managed to guess the ironic twist in the end, that Chloe and Lex are already involved in a relationship.
    I knew the identity of the blind date was predictable, that's why I decided I needed a surprise twist in the end. To tell you the truth, the final lines of Chlex dialogue wrote themselves since the twist wasn't planned when I started penning the fic.


    Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy View Post
    ROTFL! Chloe’s question about Lex stalking her was hilarious… and probably spot-on. He might not have been stalking her this time, but he’s still Lex Luthor madly in love with Chloe Sullivan… and you can bet that he’s been keeping his virtual eyes and ears on her somehow or another.
    He wouldn't be Lex if he didn't try to keeps tab on someone so important to him, would he?

    Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy View Post
    I loved, LOVED the way that the conversation turned to a discussion about getting some entertaining, petty revenge on Clark and Lois for being so ‘sneaky’ about this whole blind date.

    heee! The ending made me swoon though. They were not only seeing each other in a secret love affair… but they were actually married!! That’s perfect! LOL! And no-one, not even Lois and/or Clark have any idea! ROTFLMAO! Delicious, funny and irresistible fic. I loved it!
    The scene at the restaurant was the one I had the most fun with. Glad it showed and that it made you smile.

    Thanks for your lovely feedback, somethingeasy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit Merlot View Post
    Story#4 was a net twist with Lois and Clark trying to get the Chlex together--I think that is one of the few times I've been on Clark and Lois' side.
    That was a true feat, wasn't it? Seducing a staunch SVLois hater enough to have her read a whole fic after that opening. ROTFL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Booksketeer View Post
    But number four got my vote- I enjoyed seeing the set up, with Lois and Clark, and figured on Lex and Chloe being the ones set up. However, the different stories fed to the two to get them together, and then only to find out they've been secretly MARRIED? Oh, that was so cute! Loved it!
    The fun was in the excuses Clois used to set them up. LOL. Glad you enjoyed the twist and the fic overall, Kris. Thanks for voting for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by veronica525 View Post
    #4 Was a favorite and the one I ultimately picked. It's a style of writing I have grown to love. I liked the Clois relationship, the dialogue was fantastic. And the twist at the end of Chlex actually being married! Love, love, loved it!
    When I read your feedback I had a hunch you'd guessed it was mine. Did my Lois give me away? LOL

    Thanks for picking it, Veronica.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    Congrats, lexie I actually voted for your fic!

    Mine was Story#1 - thanks to those who voted for me, and to those that left feedback too. I usually stick to fluff and humour, generally light stuff on these challenge fics. Let my darker dramary side out to play on this one!
    Congrats to you too, Ultra. I loved your fic and, though it wasn't your usual fluffy story, I had a hunch it was yours. And no, before you say it again, you aren't predictable. It's just the little things which define our writing style what gives us away I suppose.


    Quote Originally Posted by veronica525 View Post
    Congrats Lexie!!!!! I thought it was yours Superb job! Now can you post another chapter to Back from the Dead?! Pretty please
    I've answered part of this above. As regards Back from the Dead, I'm currently working on Chapter 22 so, God willing, there will be an update soon.
    Last edited by lexie; 3rd May 2010 at 00:03.

    Thxs to Esther25jm for creating the banner for me and to beeej for the avi

    A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

    ON HIATUS

    "Choices"May 30 '11

    "At Second Sight" August 21 '11

    PODFIC REQUESTS

    INTERVIEW

    VIDEOS

  10. #20
    Wannabe Superhero Ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Nov 2007
    Location
    England
    Age
    33
    Posts
    765

    Re: NS Fanfic Challenge - #9 April 2010 - "Blind date!" - PG stories

    Thought I should answer some of this fab feedback a little more directly...

    Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy
    I suppose I should have expected that some author would choose to blind either Chloe or Lex (or perhaps both of them?), but the truth is that the idea didn’t even occur to me. LOL! I’m horribly unimaginative that way.

    I liked the exploration of seeing Chloe blinded. It was amazing seeing how well she was coping with her problem. She’s adapted VERY quickly to the massive change in her life, and she’s managed to maintain her independence and cheerful attitude despite everything. I loved seeing Lex in complete awe of Chloe over her amazing adjustment.

    Chloe’s adjustment to her new circumstances was a great contrast to the trouble Lex was having to the situation. HE was having more of a problem getting used to Chloe being blind as compared to Chloe herself. I loved the irony of Lex saying that he was feeling a little out of his depth… and he didn’t even notice the irony of that statement… and Chloe was too kind or sunny-natured to point it out to him.

    I was both bemused as well as awe-inspired to see that Chloe was doing most of the comforting and reassuring during their conversation… trying to make Lex feel better about her disability, and trying to make him feel more comfortable with her blindness. The strength, courage and endurance that she displayed was amazing, and I was glad to see that Lex was practically worshipping her for those qualities.

    The ending was a tragic shocker. So it was Lex’s resources, company and/or employees that were responsible for Chloe’s condition… and he knew it! That is dreadful news on so many levels. I now see that most of Lex’s discomfort and difficulty in adjustment stems from his guilt in the part that he played in Chloe being blinded. I’m not sure exactly how he was responsible, but it’s obvious that he considers the whole thing to be his fault. Perhaps it really IS his fault, or perhaps he’s holding himself responsible for matters that were beyond his control. In either case, Lex is going to have a HARD couple of weeks, months or even years ahead of him… unless Chloe clearly and directly forgives him for her disability.

    Or perhaps she won’t ever forgive him…? I loved, LOVED the way that the fic ended on a note of thrilling, angsty uncertainty, where Lex is sure that Chloe is inevitably going to find out that HE’S responsible for her blindness… and we don’t know whether she’s going to loathe him for whatever part he played in the accident… OR whether she’s going to instantly forgive him for an accident that was never his fault in the first place.

    Great fic! I can imagine it continuing with yet more angst and thrills. I loved it!
    Thank you so much for this in-depth review, Sabrina. Your feedback is always unparallelled I'm honestly not sure where this idea came from - I'm usually more of a fluffy person, but I couldn't help but take a walk on the darker side for this challenge. I think maybe I had Chloe coping a little too well, but I figured in front of others she would act strong even if she didn't really feel it, as that is her way of coping. I would love to say I could write more of this, but I'm not sure I have a continuation in me... never say never, of course

    Quote Originally Posted by Booksketeer
    Oh wow, this was an interesting prompt. The first story was wonderful, and very well written. I loved the playful banter between the two, and the side-glimpse we get of the relationship they each have with Clark, and how it effects them. I loved the angst as well, especially knowing that Lex is going to have to go back to the table and face her, knowing that he has done irreparable damage to someone he's held in such high esteem, who did not deserve it. I also loved the hint of the future we saw, in his plans for Chloe- would like to see a sequel!
    As I said above, not so sure there'll ever be a continuation or sequel to this, but I never rule that kind of thing out completey. Thanx so much for the praise

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit Merlot
    And Ultra, thanks for Story #1--I voted for it because I adored the tragic quality to it, so well done on the "darker dreamy side."
    Aaw, thanx for the vote, Kit It's good to know that my dip into a different genre worked out well.

    Quote Originally Posted by veronica525
    Ultra, I really did love your fic! So you should let your "darker dramary side" out more often!
    Thank you, veronica. I might just do that!

    Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Congrats to you too, Ultra. I loved your fic and, though it wasn't your usual fluffy story, I had a hunch it was yours. And no, before you say it again, you aren't predictable. It's just the little things which define our writing style what gives us away I suppose.
    Thanx, lexie. I don't mind that you knew it was my story I do try to always do something a little different to my usual with these challenges though, its the perfect place to do it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts