+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thread subscriptions

Thread subscriptions

I'm sure there's probably an option somewhere in the CP that I'm missing but I had a question about subscriptions.

Is there any way to make it so that you don't receive a subscriptions for every thread you respond to? I love knowing when certain threads are updated, but sometimes there's ones where I make a passing comment and don't have a huge interest in following the rest of it. Other than going in and managing my subscriptions (which is a bit tedious if I have to do it every time I respond to a thread I'm not interested in following), I can see no other way to stop receiving those emails.

I'd rather pick which threads I'm subscribed to, instead of having it happen automatically.

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Re: Thread subscriptions

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/...do=editoptions

Scroll down to Messaging & Notification, and then change Default Thread Subscription Mode to Do Not Subscribe.
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Questions about thread subscriptions

The Lurker thing and keeping people active is an interesting and innovative idea. I had a question about the subscribing to a thread. Does that mean it alerts you to updates to a story or alerts you whenever anyone posts? I'm not sure exactly what it means when people are subscribed to a thread? Is there a limit? Sorry if I'm asking in the wrong place.

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Re: Questions on the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallee View Post
    The Lurker thing and keeping people active is an interesting and innovative idea. I had a question about the subscribing to a thread. Does that mean it alerts you to updates to a story or alerts you whenever anyone posts? I'm not sure exactly what it means when people are subscribed to a thread? Is there a limit? Sorry if I'm asking in the wrong place.
    When you subscribe to a thread it alerts you to new posts within that thread. Not just from the thread starter, but everyone who posts in that thread.

There's probably a limit in the system, but it's probably a high number, so go ahead and subscribe to what you need and want to
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Re: Thread subscriptions

Thanks, Julie! I figured there had to be a way to do it, I just couldn't find it on my own.

Re: Questions on the rules?

Thanks Julie. I'll try it out.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information