Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New policy - Limited forum access for inactive users (updated Oct. 14th 2010)

Raelis
    Just a Guest!

Re: Lurkers - How to get out of the Lurkers user group

Heh, that's irony for you. I registered on this forum a looong time ago, but haven't had the time to read any of the fics yet. But I've finally started my first Chlex fic a couple of days ago (Zannie's "Nameless"), and bang! The fanfiction forum is closed!

But I totally get why you guys did that. So, I'm only three chapters into the fic, but I promise substantial feedback once I've finished it (even though I usually suck at providing feedback). I'll even go post someting at the Smallville episodes forum!
    Last edited by Raelis; 4th April 2010 at 17:33.

NS Full Member

I just recently logged on to find myself as a lurker. I haven't logged on in a while due to family crisis, but I do think this is a great idea to have members active in the community. We come on to the NS site to read FF, and the writer would get more views than comments.I like the change.

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pezgirl View Post
    I'd like to apologise for my lurking. I'm really sorry, I always have the wors time just looking around on the site and then never knowing what to say to anyone or about anything. I give my solemn vow to get off my arse and starting letting people know my opinion of Chlex. So hot and I'd like a Lex Luther myself if possible.
    Good to hear

Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy View Post
    Once again, I discover how much I love the 'quote selected text' option
    awww, Julie! You make me blush, ROTFL! I feel like looking over my shoulder to see whether it's really ME that you're saying such lovely things about. An awesome person like you calling me 'super'? How very flattering!
    Hehe, it should come quite in handy

Haha, but you *are* our resident super-reviewer

Quote Originally Posted by Raelis View Post
    Heh, that's irony for you. I registered on this forum a looong time ago, but haven't had the time to read any of the fics yet. But I've finally started my first Chlex fic a couple of days ago (Zannie's "Nameless"), and bang! The fanfiction forum is closed!

But I totally get why you guys did that. So, I'm only three chapters into the fic, but I promise substantial feedback once I've finished it (even though I usually suck at providing feedback). I'll even go post someting at the Smallville episodes forum!
    It's never too late to jump on the wagon and leave feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha View Post
    I just recently logged on to find myself as a lurker. I haven't logged on in a while due to family crisis, but I do think this is a great idea to have members active in the community. We come on to the NS site to read FF, and the writer would get more views than comments.I like the change.
    I hope you family crisis worked out for the better, and we're happy to see you here!
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Perhaps it's just my imagination, but this new lurker/active status thing seems to be working. There seem to be a LOT of new postings happening right now... or is it just my imagination after all?
    Last edited by somethingeasy; 4th April 2010 at 20:53.

Perhaps it's just my imagination, but this new lurker/active status thing seems to be working. There seem to be a LOT of new postings happening right now... or is it just my imagination after all?
    I've noticed as well. The boards are hopping right now (and it's a holiday weekend even!). It's been awesome seeing new faces and getting to know some of the quieter members a bit.

That would be my opinion as well, looks like it's working like I was hoping it would! And hopefully we'll see more activity as more people log on and see that they're locked out of the fanfiction forums Over 900 (!) users are marked as Lurkers, so that's a lot of users
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Its definitely working, which is awesome! Congrats, Julie, on another excellent idea

NS Senior Member Senior Member sydsvaughn's Avatar

Woo hoo!! New look, and people more actively talking about Chlex ... maybe this will inspire me to write something again...I've been sorely lacking in writing muses lately. Anyhow, just wanted to chime in you rock ... as you have since day one with this site and if people don't tell you enough...thank you for all you do (and have done for the more than 9 years I've been a part of this lovely forum and fandom)!

SaraC

message recieved, will officially stop lurking and comment =)

Quote Originally Posted by sydsvaughn View Post
    Woo hoo!! New look, and people more actively talking about Chlex ... maybe this will inspire me to write something again...I've been sorely lacking in writing muses lately. Anyhow, just wanted to chime in you rock ... as you have since day one with this site and if people don't tell you enough...thank you for all you do (and have done for the more than 9 years I've been a part of this lovely forum and fandom)!

SaraC
    Aww, thank you, that is so sweet

Quote Originally Posted by mariaeriksson View Post
    message recieved, will officially stop lurking and comment =)
    Good

Closed Thread

Thread Information