Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New policy - Limited forum access for inactive users (updated Oct. 14th 2010)

Re: Lurkers - How to get out of the Lurkers user group

I will now stop being a lurker. Will this keep more threads active?

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rachet View Post
    I will now stop being a lurker. Will this keep more threads active?
    Feedback can accomplish wonders and I'm sure your comments as well as everyone else's will encourage if not all, at least, some of those who have threads on hiatus or who were rather discouraged to pick up their works again.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Chlex Fanatic

I'm actually not very happy with this. I agree that it’s important to leave comments and participate, but some of us have busy lives. Currently I am only reading two stories on this site, and they don't update often. I am very busy with school and work as I am sure many people are. I don't usually have time to come and comment on posts that I am not interested in. I like to check to see if the fan fiction I am reading is updated if it is I comment, if not I leave.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hathor18 View Post
    I'm actually not very happy with this. I agree that it’s important to leave comments and participate, but some of us have busy lives. Currently I am only reading two stories on this site, and they don't update often. I am very busy with school and work as I am sure many people are. I don't usually have time to come and comment on posts that I am not interested in. I like to check to see if the fan fiction I am reading is updated if it is I comment, if not I leave.
    Well, even a "Please update soon" when you come to check out the fic you're reading could do. It shows that you're interested in what's being posted. and I'm sure it'd encourage the writer to make sure you have something to read next time you drop by.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

I can see how the new policy would be an annoyance for you, Hathor. Perhaps your can subscribe via e-mail to those two particular fics, and only come onto the forum when you receive notification that one of them have been updated? All you have to do is post up something random on any thread, and you'd be taken up to active status again.

It's only those two fics that you check the forum for? You don't like checking any other fics on the forum? Or checking out new fics posted by new/old authors? There's quite a lot of good stuff over here, and it seems a shame to limit yourself to only those two fics. Still, it's completely your choice of course.

Chlex Fanatic

I do try to check and read other fics when I have time. When a story hasn't been updated in a while I do like to ask for a update. I try to check the forum at least once every couple of days to see if there is something interesting. I work full time currently and I am getting ready to go into an intensive nursing program so being posting is not one of my top priorities. I think every writer on this site is very talented, and I do think that they deserve some sort of feedback. If i wasn't so busy, I probably would try to post more.
    Last edited by Hathor18; 4th April 2010 at 05:43.

This is definitely the push I needed to start posting. Hopefully it's ok if my reviews aren't as extensive as others but I have enjoyed all the fics I've read.

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Re:New policy - Limited forum access for inactive users

As long as you post SOMEWHERE on the forums, it'll mark you as active, it doesn't have to be in the fanfiction sections. It can simply be welcoming a new person, or joining in on the discussion of the latest Smallville episode

And I understand about being busy. I work full time myself... I hope this won't stop you from hanging around!

Good luck with your nursing program!!

Quote Originally Posted by cbrown80 View Post
    This is definitely the push I needed to start posting. Hopefully it's ok if my reviews aren't as extensive as others but I have enjoyed all the fics I've read.
    Awesome! By the way, it doesn't have to be super lengthy to please someone! Just a simple "thanks", or "that was great" will please someone Somethingeasy is our resident super-reviewer, but don't feel obligated to meet her standards lol!
    Last edited by Julie; 4th April 2010 at 11:03.
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Members

I'd like to apologise for my lurking. I'm really sorry, I always have the wors time just looking around on the site and then never knowing what to say to anyone or about anything. I give my solemn vow to get off my arse and starting letting people know my opinion of Chlex. So hot and I'd like a Lex Luther myself if possible.

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    Somethingeasy is our resident super-reviewer, but don't feel obligated to meet her standards lol!
    Once again, I discover how much I love the 'quote selected text' option
    awww, Julie! You make me blush, ROTFL! I feel like looking over my shoulder to see whether it's really ME that you're saying such lovely things about. An awesome person like you calling me 'super'? How very flattering!

Closed Thread

Thread Information