+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Close Your Eyes (R) 24/02/10

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Close Your Eyes (R) 24/02/10

SUMMARY: There's more to see than just with sight.

AUTHOR: Lexie

RATING: R

PAIRING: Chlex

A/N: this fic is set after Fracture (Season 7)

CLOSE YOUR EYES

You are lying naked on the black satin sheets of my four-poster bed. And now that your limbs are no longer desperately entwined with mine- seeking to be permanently filled to chase away that feeling of emptiness that has been there for months- you look at me with different eyes, eyes that belong to the young woman who’s given up on love and life and settled for an eternal afterthought. I see again the usual bitter animosity that resides in them when you’re his, and I hate him for his intruding in this room- our room since you came to me the morning after my miraculous recovery from the bullet wound I got in Detroit.

I could leave these tousled sheets, get dressed and be what you expect to see when you look at me outside this room. However, I feel the need to show you there’s more than blood and bone we share. I too have given up on love and life and it’s only in this bed that I feel and breathe. You’ve settled for an afterthought while I’ve been one most of my life. We’ve been hurt, abandoned and betrayed time and time again. We wear this cynical armour to hide what is really inside. Although I still don’t know what’s finally pushed you into my arms, I know it’s only when your blonde hair is splayed across my pillow and you arch your supple curves to make our coupling deeper that you let yourself be who you really are. Neither of us is an afterthought in this bed, in this room; and today I feel the need to cling to that. It’s a need that’s been growing deeper and bigger with every new encounter.

I stretch out an arm across the chasm you brought back to our shared refuge the minute you let him come between us again. This isn’t me begging; I would never willingly suffer the indignity of being rejected again. I’m reaching out for what I know is mine for the taking. I can feel you fight the sensations which my hand provokes in you as it traces your thigh, the curve of your hip, your waist and then runs up your flank to cup one smooth breast, which grows fuller under my expert caresses. I read betrayal in your eyes when a moan escapes your mouth and you press closer, yearning to be touched. I want to erase that look from your eyes; it has no room in this bed because it puts a veil in front of them and doesn’t let you see what is really there.

Soon there are just a few inches between us and both our breaths have grown heavier. I thread my fingers through your hair and bring your lips close to mine. I wait for you to make a move. I feel your pebbled peaks chafing against my chest and your feminine core beckoning to be filled again. I let my hand roam your bare back while Clark’s sidekick wages her own personal battle with your old self- the Chloe Sullivan who fought next to me to bring down the devil. I feel a puff of warm breath against my lips as you breach the short distance which separates us and the evidence of my desire is finally cradled between your thighs. I know you’re expecting me to take what I want, but I won’t until you see what is really there.

There’s a fleeting look of confusion in your green orbs when you don’t feel me move and then a glint of rebelliousness which is more Chloe’s than the sidekick’s. I want to stoke that feeling because I know it’s the only way you won’t put at stop to this thing that you started the morning you came to me at the mansion. I can’t let you go back permanently to whom you’re outside this haven because then I’d have to go back to the numb void that is my life beyond this room. I let my hand smooth down your freckled back once again and stop just above your buttocks and that gives you the little push you need to fuse our lips in an open-mouthed kiss and seek the friction your bundle of nerves desperately needs.

I roll us over the bed and take control of the kiss, suddenly unable to restrain that yearning to feel which has been haunting me since that night I inexplicably walked out of hospital without a scratch. You’re clinging to me as if you were afraid to find out you aren’t what I want after all. You wriggle under me to hook your ankles around my hips, and I pull my mouth away from yours reluctantly to look at your face. It’s at that moment- when I’m a stroke away from making you mine for the second time today- that his sidekick chooses to make an appearance again.

I can’t let Clark ruin this too. I can’t let him take away from me the only stolen moments of real connection I have left in my life. I run my hands down the suddenly coiled muscles of your thighs, holding your gaze with mine.

“Close your eyes,” I murmur, hoping my voice doesn’t sound as shaky as I’m feeling.

I keep rubbing up and down your legs, praying he’ll set you free- at last- to be able to see what is really there and not what he and the others always expect there to be.

It's more than blood and bone we share.

“Close them, Chloe,” I insist gently, cupping your cheek.

And you do. And I breathe again as you press forward and invite me to sheathe myself in your welcoming warmth once again.

We're all the same when you are blind.

And the frenzy that seized us a few minutes ago gives way to a languorous rocking.

There's more to see than just with sight.
    So close your eyes and see what's there;
    You see more blind than when you stare.

Your hands look blindly for mine; our fingers entwine and- leaning forward to breach any distance that might be left between us- I press our hands at both sides of your head on the pillow.

As my lips hover above your panting mouth and the gentle swaying turns more urgent, you flutter your eyes open again.

“Close your eyes, Chloe,” I say breathless. “I want you to see.”

And you do. And I breathe.

We're not so different when you are blind.

THE END

A/N: The lines in italics belong to the poem “Close your Eyes” by Alison Rotmark

Find a downloadable PDF version on my master list.
    Last edited by lexie; 27th February 2011 at 22:10. Reason: link
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: "Close Your Eyes" (R)

Oh wow that was intense but so clear. I felt I was right there in the bed with them. I hope she listens to Lex and just move forward with him. Great story girl.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

That was beautiful, Lexie. It was a thoughtful as well as a thought provoking piece, and I loved it! It was amazing feeling the sensuality and yearning that ran throughout the fic, and the over-layer of guilt, distance, distrust that lay atop of that yearning.

I thought it was a brilliant idea that both Lex and Chloe would yearn to create a bubble, where it would be safe for the two of them to be intimate with each other, both physically as well as emotionally. And I LOVED the idea that just being alone in Lex's mansion, in his bed wasn't quite enough to form that bubble... they needed to close their eyes completely to the real world in order to enjoy this simulacrum.

But is it really a simulacrum? Or is it the outside world, that imposes it's rules on them, the true simulation?

Beautiful writing, Lexie! Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by hfce View Post
    Oh wow that was intense but so clear. I felt I was right there in the bed with them. I hope she listens to Lex and just move forward with him. Great story girl.
    Thank you, Hope. The fact that it felt so real and tangible to you is a true compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy View Post
    That was beautiful, Lexie. It was a thoughtful as well as a thought provoking piece, and I loved it! It was amazing feeling the sensuality and yearning that ran throughout the fic, and the over-layer of guilt, distance, distrust that lay atop of that yearning.

I thought it was a brilliant idea that both Lex and Chloe would yearn to create a bubble, where it would be safe for the two of them to be intimate with each other, both physically as well as emotionally. And I LOVED the idea that just being alone in Lex's mansion, in his bed wasn't quite enough to form that bubble... they needed to close their eyes completely to the real world in order to enjoy this simulacrum.

But is it really a simulacrum? Or is it the outside world, that imposes it's rules on them, the true simulation?

Beautiful writing, Lexie! Thanks for posting.
    *blushes profusely* You've made my day and my week, somethingeasy. This is one of the one-shots I've written the fastest- I saw the words Close your Eyes and the scenario just came to life in my mind.

Glad you found it sensual but meaningful. I always try to put a lot of thought in what I write, particularly when it comes in highly-concentrated dosages like these one-shots. I'm not much into bedroom scenes as a writer so I always do my best to make them relevant to tell about the feelings and fears the characters are experiencing. I always hope for the result to come as subtle as my writing skills allow. I truly admire those who can right straighforward smut, but it just isn't my style.

Thanks again for your lovely feedback.
    Last edited by lexie; 24th February 2010 at 22:51.

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

This was rather lovely!

And good for Lex for refusing to allow Clark to ruin his (Lex's) relationship with Chloe
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

Re: Close Your Eyes (R)

That was a wonderful short piece, very vivid and and intense. Your quick writing is very passionate.

Re: Close Your Eyes (R)

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Merlot View Post
    This was rather lovely!

And good for Lex for refusing to allow Clark to ruin his (Lex's) relationship with Chloe
    Thanks! Clark has ruined too many things for Lex; he was the one to nip the Chlex relationship in the bud by just being.

Quote Originally Posted by superag View Post
    That was a wonderful short piece, very vivid and and intense. Your quick writing is very passionate.
    Having to put so many feelings and ideas in a limited number of words makes everything more powerful, I suppose. And there's something else that I believe contributes to creating this effect... the time of the month these short fics pop in my head. *you know, what I mean, don't you?* It's when I'm at my most creative and energetic... and angstier, I guess.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

Re: Close Your Eyes (R) 24/02/10

i like this story. lex and chloe are perfect for one another and i am glad lex wouldn't let anyone or anything get in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by starmoon View Post
    i like this story. lex and chloe are perfect for one another and i am glad lex wouldn't let anyone or anything get in the way.
    Glad you liked it, honey. And yes, they're so suited for each other. If only they weren't so stubborn...

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Oh wow!!! That was so sensual. I just love how Lex was trying to get Chloe to see that she isn't just an afterthought!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information