+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fanfic entries from the Adult Themed challenge

Re: Fanfic entries from the Adult Themed challenge

Lexie: Wow!!! That title is completely spot on!!! Really love how you describe Chloe and her feelings as she dressed in front of the mirror.

Sinecure: Excellent!! I won't lie it took me a couple of reads to not be confused. But each read just kept adding more depth and I enjoyed more for it!!!

Fantastic job, ladies!!!!!!

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hfce View Post
    Oh my goodness what have you guys done to me? Thanks to these stories I need to change my underwear. That was HOT@!!
    I suppose my tamer fic was just a warm-up for what Jenny delivered. Glad you found it sexy. Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy View Post
    By lexie
    TITLE: Yearning (NS Monthly Adult Themes Challenge- #1 January 2010 “Hunger”)

This was a great ficlet, Lexie. I really liked how it started with the reader’s being introduced to Chloe’s yearning to be desired and wanted above all things... if not actually loved. It was such a shame to see her willing to settle for so little, and not even get that?! Heartbreaking... and such a waste as well!
    Aren't Chloe and Lex so similar after all? Wanting what they cannot have? Believing themselves to be undeserving out of experience? Yearning to be loved? And always settling for the scraps they can get?

I enjoyed the way that Chloe’s confusion about how and why she’s not the ‘most desired one of the land’ leads her to actually examining her naked body objectively and critically in a mirror. I was very pleased to see that she knew herself to be a hottie... a delicious, curvy, soft beautiful woman... who just happens to be ignored by every man that she wants. I could sense her bewilderment and frustration over this.
    This image was the one that popped to my mind when I was thinking about what I could write for this challenge, so it's the crux of the fic- Chloe's awakening. The starting point that leads Chloe to finally "see" herself and decide she can no longer settle.

heee! And then we jump to Lex, and it turns out that Chloe is not quite as unwanted and undesired as she previously imagined. It was delightful fun to see Lex prepping himself up for this ‘date’ as if he was a school-boy again, trying to muster up the courage to ask the prettiest girl in school to dance with him. Only, schoolboys never try to get that extra spot of courage through bourbon, do they? Rarely! LOL!
    For all his coolness and poise I've always imagined Lex this way when strategising to get the one woman that really means something to him. A schoolboy might have had an extra glass of spiked punch, perhaps?

The party itself was great. I liked the way that Chloe’s newfound sense of sensuality had strengthened her confidence... and every person in the party couldn’t help but respond to that. it was clear that, in the evening, Chloe could have had practically any man she wanted with a inviting snap of her fingers. It’s damned good to see Chloe come into her own!
    I'm so tired of seeing Chloe being kept on the fringes on the show while the other ladies are shown as the Goddesses that all breathing men are expected to lust after. Why should she only get the attention of men who end up being murdering monsters on their first date? I simply wanted to make sure the male population of SV and Metropolis didn't come across as fools in the presence of a gorgeous and intelligent woman such as her.And why have her constantly doubt about her own sensuality and her power to get the attention of an attractive man who'll know how to treat her and make her feel like a real woman?

The attraction between Lex and Chloe was thick enough to actually see with naked eyes. I loved the way that Chloe admitted how she and Lex had a little too much bad blood and enmity between them for her to consider him as safe, stable boyfriend material... and yet she still couldn’t help but gravitate towards him. Excellent!
    Well, their enmity had to be mentioned, considering it's a post-Season 7 ficlet. It would have been utterly unrealistic not to do it. And by mentioning her internal struggle and her desperation to find a justification for what she's about to do, their attraction acquires a deeper significance. There's definitely more than lust in here, don't you think?

I loved the way that Chloe’s sense of her own sensuality and womanhood grew heavier and deeper with Lex’s continuing gaze on her. it highlighted how Lex is the one person who can make her blood sing! The ending was a classic kiss in the moonlight that made me sizzle and melt. Great ficlet, Lexie!
    Oh, I'm a sucker for happy endings! Or, at least, for open doors and windows that give us hope.

Thanks for your warm words, somethingeasy. I really appreciate them.

Quote Originally Posted by athena View Post
    Lexie: Perfect! I really like the fact that she finally admitted to herself that she’s sacrificed herself for Clark all along and that almost killed the Chloe Sullivan we all admire: the witty, incisive, smart, audacious girl. She has made choices leading to it, but the choices have always been based on her loyalty to Clark (MB episode aside, of course). Lex is what we all expect: coming back in style, making sure he has his path clear. In this case, sure looks like he wants the real thing with Chloe. They make each other feel alive. I wish Lex had this clear mind in the show. If they’re ever bringing him back…
    Oh, how I wished they gave Chloe that chance on the show! I have such a grim foreboding about her destiny on SV. I hope so much she won't end up making the ultimate sacrifice for Clark. What else is there for her to offer at his altar?

I prey they let Lex's character be- we can do much better things for him than they ever will, don't you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by purplemoon123 View Post
    Lexie: Wow!!! That title is completely spot on!!! Really love how you describe Chloe and her feelings as she dressed in front of the mirror.

Fantastic job, ladies!!!!!!
    Thanks, Rocío. "Yearning" is such a suggestive word, isn't it? It's the noun (or adjective) I've always associated with two characters as passionate and classy as Chloe and Lex.
    Last edited by lexie; 21st February 2010 at 01:36.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

love it love it love it!!!!!!!

Both excellent fics, great job! Brilliant choice to not put it to vote Julie, I don't think I could choose a favourite of the two, they're both very different but equally enjoyable.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daria_103 View Post
    Both excellent fics, great job! Brilliant choice to not put it to vote Julie, I don't think I could choose a favourite of the two, they're both very different but equally enjoyable.
    Thanks for reading and reviewing, Linda. I'm pleased you were able to enjoy both entries and appreciate them in their diversity.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

Great fics!!! Loved both of them
    I'd like to thank the posts but I can't find the thanks button
    Malu

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malugargula View Post
    Great fics!!! Loved both of them
    I'd like to thank the posts but I can't find the thanks button
    It should be on the left side, on the bottom of the post (where the edit post, reply, reply with quote links are on the right side). You can only give so many thanks per day, so if you've thank-ed out, you won't see it Let me know if you still don't see it, and I'll take a look
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Members

Quote Originally Posted by daria_103 View Post
    Ditto

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information