+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Comeback (R) 2-08-10 Updated 7-21-10 Completed

Comeback (R) 2-08-10 Updated 7-21-10 Completed

Title : Comeback
    Author:Eustacie
    Rating : R
    Character/Pairing: Chloe/Lex, Lex/Lana, Lana/Clark
    Spoilers : Everything up to season 4., I think. But is AU.
    Summary: The story takes place 4 years after graduation.
    This is a fic, I actually have written a few years ago. Didnīt just have time to translate it. So sorry for my english. It was written as a screenplay.
    Disclaimer : I don't own Smallville or itīs characters, this was written just for pure entertainment.

Old archives of the DAILY PLANET.Nigh.Dark.Only one lamp on the table in the corner of the room is illuminating the whole room .Chloe is sitting at the computer and on the table are lying stacks of papers and folders with photos.She looks engrossed in searching through archived newspaper.She looks upset.
    Chloe: Why couldnīt I hold my tongue.Would I said nothing, I could now be asleep in my bed. (Reaches for a cup of coffee) Hell. (Throws all of the papers from the table and they fly around the room) Lovely Chloe, now you can start from the beginning.Stupid city, stupid newspaper. Damn it!!!!
    Night watchman: Is something wrong, Miss? I heard some voices.
    Chloe: Nothing (peeved retorts and collects papers on the floor)
    Night watchman: Do you intend to do this every day from now on?
    Chloe: (Ironically) What do you mean? Crawl across the floor or to spend my youth in this stuffy closet?
    Night watchman: Well, I will better leave you here alone.If you need my help, if I could do something for you, call me. (Walks away)
    Chloe: (quietly) Yeah, you could shoot me or that arrogant idiot Wilks.
    Smallville. Kentīs farm.We can see light in the house.Clark is with his parents.
    Martha: Clark, have you considered it properly?You know that we will support you in your decision, but we have to know that it really is what you want.It is your life and we always knew that once you need to start to live your life somewhere else.
    Clark: Mom, I did some serious thinking about it and I see no reason why I shouldnīt take the job in the local newspaper.I know it here and I know what I can dare to do with my abilities.And I'll be able to continue to help you with the farm.
    Jonathan: If you want to stay just because you thin you have to help us, so you should know that this is not what we want.We can handle it.
    Clark: I am sure about my decision.(Smiling)That is if you want me to stay?
    Martha: Oh, of course we want you here. Itīs just that ... (Clark interrupts her and hugs her)
    France.Airport.We can see Lana getting on a plane to New York. She sits on her place at the window and looks at the business card of the curator of the New York Gallery of Modern art. She looks out of the window, the plane takes off and flies ...
    Last edited by eustacie; 22nd August 2010 at 13:49.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Re: Comeback

I'm glad you plucked up courage and posted this.

I can't say much about it because you're just getting started, but I'm really intrigued about the lives you have envisioned for the whole gang and I'm looking forward to Lex's introduction. I'm curious to see where the billionaire's ended. Is he still under Lionel's shadow or ...?
    Last edited by lexie; 7th February 2010 at 19:22.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

This is a fic, I actually have written a few years ago. Didnīt just have time to translate it. So sorry for my english. It was written as a screenplay.
    Disclaimer : I don't own Smallville or itīs characters, this was written just for pure entertainment.

Daily Planet.Morning.Chloe comes to her desk and has a large cup of coffee n her hand. She looks tired.

Andrew (her colleague): Hey sexy! The big boss was looking for you here already. He probably doesnīt have a good mood, but there is nothing new about it, (With a grin). so maybe it wasnīt because of you and you do not have to be afraid.
    Chloe: If he will come to work in good mood one day, fly the flag and declare the day a public holiday. Anyway, do you know where I could find archival images of old industrial zones by the river? Yesterday, I rolled our archive upside down and do have nothing.
    Andrew: I have no idea, but I'll ask some of my friends.Yo re still working on that shit Wilks gave you?.Who the hell is gonna read that?
    Chloe: It's not about who will read it, but who will have to write it. If anything comes up, gimme a call, I will be in the archive until three.
    Andrew: Yeah, but do not hope for much.
    Wilks: Miss Sullivan, can you come to my office for a minute?(Sarcasm and mocking) That is if I am not disturbing you.

Office of Mr.Wilks.He is sitting at his desk.Chloe enters and closes the door.
    Wilks: I sincerely hope that you are almost finished with your big challenge for the jubilee edition. You wanted a great cause, if I remember, and Metropolis is quite a big city, so it should suit you o write an article about the history of its construction.
    Chloe: It's just that ... (Wilks interrupts her) Wilks: It's just that in 24 hours the article will be lying on my desk and I will be content with your work.You wanted to prove that you belong Daily Planet? Not right? Now go and use your time for work, please.
    Chloe exits his office and is returning to her desk. She is furious. Andrew stops her.
    Andrew: Today is your lucky day! According to my sources from the Central Library archival photographs and other shit like that are stored by individual companies which have built the buildings in the industrial zone So here is my lead and help, everything else is up to you.
    Chloe: Thanks.This is great. More endless hours of old paper.
    Andrew: Say hello to all the moths there for me, I'm going for coffee, and then interview the mayor. (Andrew walks away.Chloe makes a grimace at him.)

Lexīs mansion.Study.Lex is speaking with someone on the phone.
    Lex: You canīt be serious.You prefer to do business with someone who was till yesterday watching the world through the bars? What safeguards can he probably offer to you? Do what you want, but I did not say the last word and you will see that I was right. (Angrily put down receiver and turns to the person standing behind him.Itīs Clark.)
    Clark: That really didnīt sound like a successful business pone call .Is something wrong?
    Lex leaves from his desk and pours himself a drink.
    Lex: My father believes that the best way to show me his fatherly affection, is to keep me from managing Luthorcorp.
    Clark: He cannot do that. You have the majority of shares.
    Lex: That does not mean he can not get what he wants.Clark, he has the money and he can buy goodwill of remaining shareholders.Iīve got 46%, he has 40% and now below his thumb the 7% of David Huds.It would be enough to get even one of the shareholders on his side and I am out of the game. Welcome to the world of Lionel Luthor. (makes a grimace and drinks the whole glass of cognac).

New York.Lana is standing in the curatorīs office.
    Curator: I am pleased with your decision Miss Lang.It doesnīt happen often, that I stumble upon such a young talent as you.
    Lana: Actually I have not completely decided. I have some unresolved personal issues and I would like to have a clear head, so I could turn my attention entirely to work for your gallery.
    Curator: (looks out the window) I'm not going to give you an ultimatum, but I'd be glad if you told me your decision till the end of this week.Youīre not only one who could hold the job.
    Lana: I know and thank you for your understanding.
    Last edited by eustacie; 9th February 2010 at 21:42.

Comeback

Smallville local magazine ofiice. We enter a rather small ofiice, one window, an odl desk, lamp and computer. Folders everywhere.Clark comes into the room, sits down and looks at a man who reads a folder.
    Editor in Chief: Clark Kent – the mystery of journalism industry. (smiles)
    Clark: Hello to you, too!
    Editor in Chief: So I gather you want to be o reporter for our local magazine.
    Honestly, I wonder, that such a promising investigative reporter, at least thatīs what says about you your recommendation from the university, has decided to stay in this shithole.
    Clark: Everyone has to start somewhere, right?
    Editor in Chief: Well, if you think Smallville is your “somewhere”. I just know that most people would rather leave this place then stay here. But this is your life and your decision .To put it simple, you are starting here from scratch, regardless of your great recommendation, so today's challenge is: Find something that makes people buy this sheet. And I have a special challenge for for you, write an article on the reconstruction of the railway station! Have fun, pal!

Luthorcorp.Entrace hall.Chloe comes to the receptionistīs desk.
    Chloe: Hi, Could you show me the way to archive. I am looking for (pulls a card from her jacket pocket, glances at a name) Mr. Williams.
    Receptionist: Do you have a meeting?
    Chloe: Yes.I called him.I am from the Daily Planet.
    The receptionist picks up the phone.
    Chloe looks around nervously.

Receptionist: OK.Heīll see you.Go left and then down the hallway.It is the last door in the corridor.

Chloe walks away.We can see her walking through a long dark corridor.She knocks on the door. Noone answers. She enters.
    Chloe: Mr. Williams? I am Chloe from the Daily Planet.
    Williams: Oh, yes. So you īre the journalist, who called me. Thatīs news for me- I mean reporters searching for information in this dusty archive. Anyway, since when are journalists interested in the old industrial architecture?
    Chloe: (angry and irritated) Since that ... (pauses in). Doesnīt matter.Do you have those materials, which I was interested in?
    Williams: Let me show you what we have here.

Talon.Martha chatting with a repairman.

Lana: It seems everything is still the same. (Smiles)
    Martha: Lana! How come you're not in France? When did you arrive? (Martha hurries to hug Lana)
    Lana: (Smiling) Iīve just arrived from the airport. Do you think I could stay here in Talon for a while.I have something to think about. (Looks at Martha seriously)

Metropolis.Office of Luthorcorp.Afternoon.
    Lex angrily enters one of the offices, where a middle – aged woman is sitting.

Lex: Is it true that the general meeting will be held a week earlier?
    Woman: Mr. Luthor, I too have no idea what is going on here.The other shareholders submitted this proposal early morning. Your father's lawyer, Mr. Huds and management representatives of Duncan Corporation were here.Oficial version is that it is necessary to consolidate the situation in the company.
    Lex: (annoyed) Seems like war preparations have been done already.

Talon.Enters Clark in a suit.
    Martha: Clark! So how did it go, how is work?
    Clark: Well, .. What's new?
    Martha: Oh, the big freezer still doesnīt work properly.
    Clark: That's probably not something for the front page. (Ironically, a little peeved)
    Martha: What did you say? (Wonder)
    Clark: Oh, nothing, Mom. (Getting ready to go again)
    Martha: Clark, I have to tell you something ... ( enters Lana)
    Lana: Hi Clark! (Quietly)
    Clark :Lana?

Clark and Lana sitting at the table.
    Lana: Your mom told me that you plan to stay here. Are you serious?
    Clark: It seems like I'm not the only one who is magically atracted to Smallville. (Looks at Lana)
    Lana: I want to clarify a few things with you.You know, in France, I had time to rethink everything, and Clark, no matter how far away I go, no matter how much I try, I can not escape what my feelings.It is stronger than my fear of all that unknown. I ... understand (Interrupts the editor of Smallville magazine)
    Editor in Chief: Mr. Kent, if this is not an interview for a potential article on the extraordinary events of the day, so I advise you to better mind you work. NOW!!!
    Clark: Mr. Mitchell, this is my ... (hears a cry for help). Clark quickly rises.
    Clark: Lana, sorry, but ... I have to go.Can we finish this later? I ... (looks at her and leaves)
    Lana is disappointed.

We see Clark as he superspeeds far beyond the city to the river.There is a boat floating on it and two small boys are in the water.They are drowning.Clark jumps into the water and pulls them out of the river to the shore.One of them is fine, but the second one is not breathing.
    Little boy: Please help him.He is my little brother .I fell into the water and he jumped for me, but then the it was pulling us away from the boat. (Clark gives him artificial breathing, and manages to revive him.)

Archive of Luthorcorp.Chloe is sitting at the table.
    Williams: Pictures from 1910 are in the second cabinet. I have something to arrange in the other department.I am back here in a while. (Leaves)
    Chloe looks through the old documents. She stands up and goes to the second cabinet and finds there a box with records of employees of Luthorcorp from 1920.Every record includes a photo and other information.
    Chloe: (sarcastically) Join us and we will control your life. Still the same Luthors ī tactics.
    She browses through the cabinet (you can see she is doing it just out of curiosity). She finds a record of a person named Natalie Lancaster.There is no photo and most of the information is unreadable.
    Chloe: That's weird!? She was a secretary.She had be checked very well.
    Chloe hears someoneīs steps in the hallway, quickly hides the box with the records and takes some of the photos of buildings and walks to the copying device. Enters Williams.
    Williams: Did you find everything what you need? (Eyes, what Chloe scans)
    Chloe: Yeah. Just have to scan some photos and can go. (Williams leaves.Chloe turns and quickly makes a copy of the record of Natalie Lancaster.)

Smallville.Clark is in the ofiice and is writing something on computer.We can see the title: Eight-year boy rescued his brother from drowning. Editor enters.
    Editor in Chief: Ah! You work hard.The best way to have exclusive information about the events of the day, is to be the participant of them.
    Clark: I just ... (interrupts him)
    Editor in Chief: I do not care what “you just”...., just finish your article. (Leaves)

Daily Planet Archive.Late at night. Chloe just finished her article for Wilks.She cleans the mess on the table and finds the record of Natalie Lancaster.She checks the central database of Planet .She enters the name Lancaster, in a second it shows several names including the name Nat Casterlan. According to the data the person was a external Daily Planet reporter since 1920.There is a link to some articles on the crisis in Luthorcorporation.
    Chloe: Where have I seen that name? (Thinking)

Talon.Night.We see Lana and Martha.
    Lana: Go home, I'll clean up here and lock the door . Just one more time for old times sake. (Smiles)
    Martha: You're a good girl, Lana.Come tomorrow for lunch.Weīll be happy to see you at the farm again. All of us. (Looks at Lana)
    Lana: Thank you, I'll come gladly.

Martha leaves.Lana switches the radio on and starts with the cleaning. Enters Lex.
    Lex: (He looks at Lana cleaning the chairs) and Iīve wondered what you could have missed so much in France. (Laughs)
    Lana: (slightly embarrassed) Lex!?

They sit at the table.
    Lex: I just wanted to say hello. It is clear that it is not me, because of whom you came back.
    Lana: Lex, I ... I care about you, but ..
    Lex: You love Clark.Is it so? (Smiles)
    Lana: I would not want what happened between us to destroy our frendship.I do not regret that night, but it was a mistake. I can see it now.
    Lex: Lana, if something that night has made clear, it was that we do not belong together. We can not take back anything, we also can not forget it, but the last thing I want is you to be unhappy. More so now, when I need every friend.
    Lana: What happened?

Retirements homes.Chloe is talking to a nurse.
    Nurse: Today is not your grandfather's best day.I donīt know how he will react. Maybe he wonīt recognize you at all. Alzheimerīs disease is like that.
    Chloe enters the room where an old men is sitting on the bed and is looking out of the window.
    Chloe: Grandpa? It's me, Chloe.
    Grandpa: Chloe? I do not know any Chloe. (Chloe looks unhappy)
    Chloe: Grandpa, I wanted to ask you something.Who is Nat Casterlan? Do you know the name? I saw it written somewhere here.
    Grandpa: (turns to Chloe) Nat Casterlan? It is nobody.You said it yourself, Mom.
    Chloe: No, Grandpa, I'm Chloe, your granddaughter.
    Grandpa: I know no Chloe, Mom.
    Chloe: That's okay grandpa, maybe I was wrong. (she stands and wants to leave the room)
    Grandpa: Why have you forbidden me to look into the box, Mom?
    Chloe: What kind of box are you talking about? (Wondering)
    Grandpa: (goes to the sideboard in the corner) This one, Mom. (Shows Chloe an old jewelry box on top of it is written the name N. Casterlan)
    Chloe: I knew it .Can I look at it?
    Her grandfather handles her the box.

Talon.Night.Lex and Lana together sitting at the table.
    Lex: So New York? It is good that you have finally found something you will enjoy doing for work.What does Clark think anout it? (Lana looks at him and then looks down).
    Lex: (knowingly) You should tell him. Or isnīt it why you are here for? (Looks at Lana)
    Lex: I better leave.I think you have a lot that you need to think about. (About to leave)
    Lana: Lex, thank you.I am really glad that you and Clark are friends again I didnīt want to stand between you.
    Lex: Sleep well. (Smiles at Lana and she goes to him, they stay in a friendly embrace) I'm glad you came back.
    Outside the Talon Clark is looking at Lana and Lex. he turns around and leaves disappointed.

Metropolis. Chloeīs flat.The sun is just rising.Chloe is sitting in the living room and looks in disbelief at the contents of the jewelery box.
    Chloe: It's not possible. (Pulling out of a sealed envelope and a key, on it is engraved Bank of Metropolis.She looks at the photo, which lies at the bottom of the box. There is a woman who looks incredibly similar to Chloe.She turns the photo and there is wriiten the name Natalie Lancaster, 1919.)
    Chloe: Natalie Carter, my great-grandmother, was originally named Lancaster.She has changed her name.But why do it? Is it possible that she wrote for the Daily Planet, that she wrote as Nat Casterlan?
    Last edited by eustacie; 9th February 2010 at 21:43.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

This is an interesting start. I can't wait to see where this takes us.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Re: Comeback (R) 2-09-10

Smallville. Mansion.Morning .Lex is about to leave the study.Enters his father.
    Lex: What do you want? (Angrily)
    Lionel: I am glad to see to, my son.
    Lex: (bitterly) So? What did I do to deserve your visit?
    Lionel: Surely you know that a bad reputation could harm our business.
    Lex: It will be best if you skip your speeches and goes straight to the point. (Irritably)
    Lionel: Iīve got a suggestion for you. Get out of Luthorcorpu management in peace and you can avoid the awkward voting of the shareholders, and even more imagine how all media will react. This struggle is pointless and will bring nothing good for you. (Ironically)Well, you know reporters very well, donīt you?
    Lex, give up! It has no point. The whole land will laugh at you . I do not want such fate for my son.
    Lex: (goes over to Lionel and looks him straight in the eyes) If you think Iīd do you the pleasure and as a dutiful son quit the field, you are wrong.That is not my style.

Bank of Metropolis. Chloe is sitting in an empty office.Enters a man in a suit.
    Man: Miss Sullivan, the key really belonged to one of our safes - 40 years ago, but the entire safe deposit has been rebuilt.
    Chloe: Can you find out what happened to the contents of the safe.It is very important for me.
    Man: I'll try, but it's been a long time, so I do not know if I will be able to help you. (Chloe nods)

Smallville.Kentsī farm. Lana arrives and get out of her car and goes to the barn.
    Lana: Clark? You here? (Clark appears on the stairs) I waited for you yesterday Talon.Why didnīt you come? I wanted to tell you that ...
    Clark: (interrupts her) Lana, you do not have to explain anything to me.I saw you with Lex.
    Lana: What did you see? (Puzzled)
    Clark: There is really no need to play this games. It's your decision and I thus can not do anything else than to accept it.
    Lana: What are you talking about? What happened between me and Lex is history. That night was mistake.I know it and he knows it too. I came back only for you.
    Clark: (taken back) You're telling me that you and Lex ....together ..?
    Lana: (Startled) I, ... I thought you knew it.I... I wanted to tell you myself, but I thought that if you and Lex are friends again, he did tell you somehow .I ..
    Clark: (stops to control himself) Go! Go away.I ... Leave. (Angry) NOW! (Shouts) (Lana runs out with tears in her eyes, runs to the car and laves.
    Clark starts to destroy everything around him and burns parts of the barn. Jonathan notices it and runs to the barn. Together they extinguish the fire.
    Jonathan: Clark, what happened? Are you crazy? (Martha running, frightened, looks at Clark and then Jonathan.)
    Martha: What happened? And where did Lana go? I saw her leaving. I invited her to lunch yesterday. Clark, tell me what's going on.

Daily Planet.Noon.Chloe is just leaving Wilksīs office.
    Andrew: So what? What's that face? What is your next assignment? Problematic aspects of trash disposal in Metropolis? (Ironically and laughs)
    Chloe: Just laugh, but maybe the next time will be your turn. (Laughs, suddenly her phone rings.) Did you find something?

Bank of Metropolis.The man from the previous meeting handles Chloe a safety deposit box.
    Man: The current boxes are much bigger.So the original has been inserted into the new one.It is not our standard procedure, so they kept a record about it and thatīs how I was able to found it too. According to the record, the owner of the safe is Samuel Sullivan. (Chloe interrupts him)
    Chloe: My grandfather? (Confused)
    Man: Maybe you will be also surprised to learn that you have the right to open it according to his will. (Chloe looks at him very puzzled) Here it is. (He just shows her the folder, opens the safe and leaves) I'll leave you here in peace.
    Inside the box is a letter addressed to Chloe.Chloe pulls out the original box and opens it with the key from the jewelery box.Inside is a large envelope.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: Comeback (R) 2-08-10

I wonder what is in that box?
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Re: Comeback (R) 2-10-10

Talon. Lana is packing her suitcases.Someone is knocking on the door.Lana opens the door.It is Chloe.
    Lana: Chloe!? (smiles and hugs Chloe)
    Chloe: I'm sorry that I did not call you earlier, but now I'm here. (Smiles, then sees that Lana is miserable) What happened?
    Lana: That is a long story (smiles sadly) I myself do not understand much of what happened.Or do not want to.I donīt know. (flustered and unhappy, starts to tell Cloe everything)
    After a while.....
    Chloe: Well! I see that I'm not the only one who now has a life full of surprises.

Kentsī Farm.Clark is cleaning the mess he has made .Enters Lex.Clark sees him.
    Lex: What on earth happened in here? (Looks around)
    Clark: You know, what I will never understand? You say you want to be my friend and I always say to myself that I should try to trust you. But just the moment I do it, something comes up and this friendship and trust, this painstakingly built house of cards flies apart into thousand pieces.
    Lex: What are you talking about, Clark? (Completely blank)
    Clark: (very irritated) That's what I had already heard once today and will not listen to it again.
    Lex: I really do not know what to say to this. (He comes closer to Clark) Clark, if youīd tell me, what....
    Clark is irritated. He punches Lex and he falls to the ground.
    Lex: (is getting up and we see blood on his face) What on earth did I do to you, what does all of this mean?
    Clark: It means that the next time you want to play my friend, you should know that I am not the right person for your sick games. And the same applies to Lana.
    Lex: (occurs to him that Lana told him everything) Clark, I'll explain.
    Clark: (aggressively) Get out! And do not ever show here again!
    Lex leaves.Gets in his car and sees a car arriving. Chloe is driving the car. They look at each other nervously. Lex leaves.

Office of Smallville magazine.

Lionel: I think I expressed myself clearly. Youīll cooperate and your wife will be given all possible medical care.Otherwise, I would be compelled to defeat our agreement. Ant that as you surely can guess would mean the end of interest in the sponsorship of your wifeīs treatment. A i think neither of us really wants that to happen, am I right?
    We can see now that the man with whom Lionel was speaking is the editor of Smallville magazine.

Editor in chief: I cannot guarantee you that you will get the information about Kent. It is just more complicated than I have thought.
    Lionel: Well, you should try more then.

Kentsīfarm.Chloe enters the barn.Clark is walking slowly to her.
    Chloe: What happened here? (Looking at Clark)
    Clark: Chloe, donīt be mad, but I am not in mood to talk to anyone today.
    Chloe: You donīt have to.Iīll do all the talking. You just have to listen. (Smiles)
    Clark: Chloe, this is not really the right moment.
    Chloe: (interrupts him) I came here originally because I had something else to tell you, but unlike what I have to say after talking with the Lana, it can wait. (Clark wants to interrupt her)
    Clark: This is not your business, Chloe.It is just between me, Lex and Lana
    Chloe: She told me what happened and Clark, all of us make mistakes.If you have thought Lana doesn īt, I have disappointing news for you.She is also just a human.It is much easier to drive people away from you than to try to understand and listen to them . I that know very well because I have many times made the same mistake. And I have always regretted it in the end.
    Clark: I know you mean it well with me, but I just cannot forget it .How could she keep it from me and the same goes to Lex.
    Chloe: But you do not have to forget it, just forgive it. (Pause, Clark looks at her bewildered ) Do you know that she came back just because of you and that she is going to fly to New York? (Clark looks at her) She will not return. If you wonīt stop her now, if you wonīt give her a chance, then maybe later will be already too late .Ask yourself, what you want. I know what I am talking about. (Looks at him with tears in her eyes)

Airport.Lana is ready to get aboard.Clark comes at the last minute.
    Clark: Lana! (Lana approaches him) I had no right to you be so angry with you. I just ...
    Lana: (interrupts him, is upset) Clark, maybe it was a mistake to come to you and want to take back all the time.I know now it is not possible.We just keep hurting each other.
    Clark: I know, but I want to change that.Lana, I love you, I always did. All I did was just because I was scared .I was afraid to let you into ma world. (He hears the last call for the plane to New York) But now I know that it was a mistake, because without you the world is empty.
    Lana: (tears are flowing on her face) Clark, I love you to. But this is to much. I just donīt have the strength to try anymore.I wish it was otherwise. (She takes her bag and walks away)
    Clark looks at her sadly.

Lexīs house. Late at night. Lex is looking into the fire.He can hear someoneīs steps.Turns to the door and sees someone. Is looking there intensively.It is Chloe.Chloe walks slowly to Lex.
    Chloe: (looking into his eyes) Maybe I'm making the biggest mistake in my life, but today seems to be a day cut out for misbehavior. (She reaches for his wounded brow.)
    She reaches for his hand and touches him lightly.Lex pushes her hair aside from her face, bends down to her and kisses her deeply.Chloe and Lex start to kiss passionately.

Re: Comeback (R) 2-08-10 Updated 2-13-10

Smallville magazine office. It is late at night. Clark is sitting at his desk and looking at a photo of him and Lana in Talon on his computer.Hears some sounds in the office of the editor in chief..Before he opens the door, he looks through the wall.He can see that someone is sitting there. He knocks and opens the door.
    Clark: Mr. Mitchel? Is that you?
    Mitchel: Clark?
    Clark: What are you doing here so late? (Astonished) Canīt you sleep?
    Mitchel: (ironically) I do not even know what a good sleep is.
    Clark: Whatīs wrong?
    Mitchel: Why the hell canīt you be at least a bastard.Then all this would be much easier. (Drinks from a full glass)
    Clark: What are you talking about? (wonders)
    Mitchel: What would you say to a little walk? (Looks at Clark)
    Clark looks out from the window.Itīs raining out there.Mitchel notices it.
    Mitchel: It does not matter, at least it will wake me up a little.That is if you do not mind?

Lexīs house. Itīs raining outside. Lex and Chloe are lying on a large bed, Chloe has her head on his shoulder.They are awake.Lex is looking out of the window and is stroking Chloe's hair.
    Chloe: What are you thinking about?
    Lex: (sarcastically) The fact that I just gave Clark the reason to complete his work on my face. (He's silent for a moment) I think this time is certainly better weather in Florida.What would you say to taking a vacation starting tomorrow, and come with me?
    Chloe: (sits up and looks at Lex.) First of all this does not concern Clark.I am not Lana.
    Lex: (interrupts her, smiles)That I can see.
    Chloe: Yes, so I can see it.And it is the only view that you should be interested in. (Lex smiles) And secondly, does not the day after tomorrow happen to be the day the General Assembly Luthorcorp is hold?
    Lex: As always fully informed. (Laughs) Chloe, now I do not want to talk to you about ...
    Chloe: (interrupts him) I know the situation in Luthorcorp and I want to help you send your father once and for all to hell.
    Lex: Chloe, you can not help. And I do not want you to once again get caught in this game because it is a very dangerous game from which you can not easily withdraw. This is an already solved thing. As my father would say: Each battle has itīs winners and losers.Well and this time I am on the side which wonīt gain laurels.
    Chloe: (reaches for Lexīs purple shirt, which lies on the ground and puts it on) I want to show you something. (Looks at Lex)

Smallville.Itīs raining. Clark with Mitchell are walking and chatting.
    Clark: I'm sorry that your wife is so sick.
    Mitchel: I did not say it to get your sympathy. I just want you to understand the reasons for my actions.
    Clark: What actions? (Blank)
    Mitchel: Clark, what I wanted to say is that some time ago I... (his phone rings) Excuse me a moment. (Picks up phone) Dr. Mathews, what happened? ... When?'ll be right there .... (Hangs up and turns to Clark) Clark, I have to go to the hospital. My wifeīs condition got worse. But tomorrow we are going finish this conversation. (leaves a confused Clark on the street and hurries away)

Lexīs house.Night.Chloe is sitting on the bed beside Lex.
    Lex: I still do not understand how this is related ... (Chloe looks at him annoyed) Okay. (Smiles) So you found the box. What about it?
    Chloe: The first letter was addressed from my grandfather to me.He writes that his mother, I mean my great-grandmother gave him the box shortly before her death, and said all about the contents of it .In my grandfather's request she wrote about all of it a letter and then she asked him to put the letter into the old box. After her death my grandfather arranged the old safe box to be put in the new one and as he writes in the letter, he was going to tell me all after my graduation, but was told that he had Alzheimer's disease, so he better wrote this letter for me.
    Inside the box I found my great-grandmotherīs letter and something else. (pulls out an old silver pen case and a beautiful pearl necklace.Hands it to Lex.)
    Lex: I do not understand it. From whom did she ..?
    Chloe: She got it from your grandfather, Leonard Luthor. (Lex looks at her surprised ) I will read you the letter. (Takes the letter and begins to read)
    Chloe: (reads) It's been so many years, it seems as though everything happened to someone else. And in a way I was actually quite a different person. I do not know how it all happened so quickly, but suddenly I was almost an accomplice of one of the most powerful men's in Metropolis.As the secretary of Leonard Luthorīs brother, I learned information that showed that Leonardīs brother planned the involuntary departure from the business world of Leonard as well as his murder. Because of the fact that my boss had often socialized with the police, and I did not know who to trust, I went with the information straight to Leonard.The result of it was my cooperation on so called peacefull revolution in Luthorcorporation, as I called it in my articles from that period that I wrote as Nat Casterlan. Newspaper was already then one of the most powerful means to fight, so through Leonardo's business tactics and my articles in which I began to show his brother Leonard cronies in the right light, we managed to get Leonard to lead Luthorcorporation.His brother seemed to be then put away to South America, where in the fifties he died.
    Lex: (interrupts her) I have never found out what had happened then.Noone from the family did want to talk about it.
    Chloe: The best is yet to come. (Reads more) And even though I later realized that some of the steps we have taken, might have been wrong and that because of it my life became complicated, I never did regret it. Thanks Leonard, I became a reporter of the Daily Planet, I lived my dream.He was the first man who took me seriously, though he did not have to.After that I left Metropolis, changed my name and I put to the safe box everything what meant any connection to him, that is the gifts that I got from Leonardo as an expression of friendship.We have we never seen each other again.Few years I had married and began living a new life. A year after I got married when I was very surprised by a letter from which I learned that shares Luthorcorp have been subscribed to my new name. I never did tell my husband. I paid my son's education from the dividend, but that was after my husband died. I never have sold them, I couldnīt.Maybe out of fear of disclosure, maybe from nostalgia.
    Lex: Chloe, do you want to tell me that ... (Chloe interrupts him)
    Chloe: I want to tell you that my grandfather rewrote those shares in my name, my portfolio is managed by a law firm in Metropolis.
    Lex: Freedman and Wells? (In disbelief)
    Chloe: Exactly. (Looks at him)
    Lex: You want me to tell you that you own 5% of Luthorcorp?
    Chloe: I myself can not believe it. (Lex looks at her in amazement) So, do you still want to go to Florida? Because I am going to throw your father a surprise party and I would love it if you could help me with preparations. (Conspiratorially smiles)
    Last edited by eustacie; 13th February 2010 at 12:24.

Re: Comeback (R) 2-08-10 Updated 2-13-10

i'm loving this story it was a little hard for me to follow at first but i still loved it. very interesting

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information