+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How Chloe Saved Christmas (PG13) (NS Advent Calendar 2009) - Reviews

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Re: How Chloe Saved Christmas (PG13) (NS Advent Calendar 2009) - Reviews

Part 11

Lois gave Chloe some good advice that I hope she takes, but Chloe being who she is, she'll probably ignore it

And that was one hell of a passionate kiss!
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Julie's Soul Sister

Hmm Loved the kiss. Why did Chloe broke it?

Damn, it sucks this is only PG13.. could have get interesting lol

chloe needs to be less afraid or whatever her issues are. He returned the kiss. He was on top girl.. isn't that a good sign? lol

Keep going!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Oh the shiat is going to hit the fan. Chloe or Lex will explode and it will cost them to not speak for awhile. EEK!! Lois gave some good advice. Chloe needs to choose and move on.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

I’ve really fallen behind on chapter reviews. Oh well, here’s a whole bunch..

Chapter Nine

This chapter was really cute opening with Lex effectively destroying the theme behind ‘It’s a wonderful life’, but I can see his point of view. Lex probably considers it a fate worse than death for a man with great energy, confidence and potential to spend his life in mediocrity.

ROTFL! Chloe wheedling Lex into ice-skating was beyond adorable. I loved the way that Lex actually got desperate enough to whine I’m tiiired to try and get out if it… as if that was going to stand a chance in hell of working, LOL!

And then it was even funnier discovering that Lex is NOT an expert on skates… heck, he’s not even a semi-skilled amateur. He’s just plain awful on (rented) skates, ROTFL!

And yet, despite the humiliation Lex experienced at doing something as ice-skating for Christmas (ice skating badly no less), he still admitted that he had a good time, and thanked Chloe for the idea.

LOL! Oh, Lex. Surely you realize that every time you thank Chloe for yet another cheesy, gaudy cliché of a Christmas activity she drags you to, it only spurs her on to think of something yet more cheesy?!?

I can’t decide whether Lex is being a masochist, or whether the shock of actually enjoying these activities has numbed him from realizing that he shouldn’t be admitting the enjoyment to Chloe.

Or perhaps he’s subconsciously catching on that giving Chloe free reign to force him into anything she wants truly IS the best way to enjoy this one Christmas this one year.

Heee, the discussion about the kiss at the end of the chapter was awesome, and it nicely set the stage for further exploration of the ‘nice kiss’ that they shared. Awesome!

Chapter Ten

I liked the flashbacks that the chapter started with… first with a memory of his father (I presume it’s Lionel), hissing at Lex not to be ‘weak’ as well as a freak (ouch)… followed by a lovely memory of being comforted by his mother. It allowed me to get an idea on how truly bad his life must have gotten once Lex didn’t have his mother’s love, comfort and protection to balance out against his father’s abuse.

She rolled her eyes. “You gave me a key like five years ago remember? When you finally stopped being secretly paranoid of me.”
    ROTFL! I loved, LOVED this line! ROTFLMAO! I can only imagine the story behind the ‘ceremony’ of the key-giving. It must have been one heck of a momentous moment in the Chlex friendship, eh? I love how Chloe is probably only half-kidding as she’s teasing him now about it took him about five years of intense, close friendship before he grew to finally trust completely.

Heh… Chloe was taking one heck of a risk trying to annoy Lex out of his brood. The gambit could have backlashed if Lex had lost his temper about Chloe not taking his painful memories seriously or something.

Instead, it turns out that Chloe knows how to read him well enough to know exactly when to push and pull at him in order to get the correct response. Personally, I’m very impressed by her sensitivity to Lex’s unpredictable mood-swings. He’s one heck of a high-maintenance friend, which is probably the main reason why he only has the ONE friend in his life.

I loved the way this brooding chapter ended with something as cute and sweet (literally) as Christmas sugar cookies. And I was squealing with absolute delight hearing Lex remark that Chloe reminds him a lot of his mother… I’m sure he meant in the way that Chloe makes him feel safe, comforted, loved and happy.

Sheesh, he admits this, but he hasn’t proposed yet? What happened to that famous Oedipus complex of his?!??

Chapter Eleven

squeee! I was so, SO happy with the beginning of this chapter. We finally have Lois forcing obliviously-in-denial Chloe confronting the truth of her feelings for Lex. I suppose even Lois has her breaking point when it comes to seeing her cousin lying to herself. Even if it means that she’s effectively pushing Chloe into acting on those feelings for Lex… even that’s better than seeing Chloe carrying in such a stupid state of zero self-awareness.

Oooh, and that was certainly an interesting point raised… about how Chloe has been possibly sabotaging her own relationships because she subconsciously wanted to be with Lex to whole time? Before this revelation, I had assumed that it was Lex’s fault that Chloe isn’t currently in a serious relationship… because HE intimidates all interested men who are honing in on his ‘Chloe time’. But it turns out that Chloe is doing it all to herself. Oh dear!

Lex stood awkwardly in the lobby of Luthorcorp as his singing telegrams sang a jaunty tune of Rudolph the red nose reindeer. They were costumed in eighteenth century Christmas clothes. He looked around, noticing the crowd was slowly beginning to form around him. The glare he sported slid from his face as he realized the happy smiles on his co-workers faces.

He sighed and turned back to the singers.
    “…you’ll go down in Hisstttorrrry! From your darling friend Chloe.”
    He was going to kill her.
    ROTFLMAO! I was in hysterics over the visuals inspired by this ridiculous sequence, ROTFL! I loved the image of Lex fuming and plotting homicide… all the while probably holding himself back from calling security to chase these singing messengers out of his office, LOL!

It’s even funnier when one knows that Chloe used Lex’s own credit card in order to pay these messengers in the first place. LOL! Talk about assign insult to injury, eh? ROTFLMAO!

And it was beyond cute seeing Chloe skilfully and effortlessly turning Lex’s anger into amusement with a few choice words. In the end, he actually admitted that he secretly enjoyed that damned singing telegram message.

Although, anyone else in the office who tries to use this as a precedent to send Lex more singing telegrams in the future… I pity them!

Heeee! I really enjoyed how the last section of this chapter stared with Chloe doing some serious contemplation over Lois’s words, and wondering whether she really HAS been ‘waiting’ for Lex for all this time. The fact that this serious musing happened just a few seconds before Lex arrived at her apartment… perfect!!!

The fact that Lex and Chloe ended up having a very alcoholic version of a fruit-cake, followed by several glasses of wine… perfection on top of perfection!!!

The set-up was perfect… the kiss was amazing… and I was fully expecting this scenario to be carried forward to another level, except that Chloe had to yank back and proclaim the kiss to be a ‘mistake’?! Aaaargh! Oh, Chloe! Stupid, Stupid, STUPID!

Of course what could Lex do but go along with Chloe’s assessment of the situation and agree with her that it was probably the wine that had gone to her head. He was even enough of a martyr gentleman to take on all responsibility of the ‘mistake’ on himself by saying that she had the excuse of being drunk, while he went ahead with the kiss sober. Oh, Chloe, why didn’t you pick up on those particular choice of words from Lex?!

Heh… at least the two of them are not going to do anything really stupid like decide to take some space and time apart from each other.

LOL! Homemade Christmas ornament decorations next? And Lex was too flustered to argue with this latest, eh? ROTFL! I look forward to the next chapter.
    Last edited by somethingeasy; 12th December 2009 at 10:45.

NS Full Member

lovely surprises for every day in december. Almost better than chocolates!

Part 12:

Ok this was a great update but what the hell with Lex at the end. He is so damn confusing. I swear to you he better not back out of it this time. I will kill him if he does.

Part 12

Ah, so Lex and Chloe both want a romantic relationship with each other, but neither one wants to take the first step. Or at least, Lex didn't, until he grabbed Chloe and kissed her--GOOD MAN
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

My Fanfic Master List

Kill Lana

Thanks for all of the comments!! i'm glad you guys are enjoying this story. Happy Holidays!

Part 13:

I am hitting my head on my keyboard. UGH I want to bite off Chanel head for interrupting their talk. They need to talk and I am glad Lex went after her. I can't wait to see how that goes tomorrow.

Part 13

That damn Chanel, ruining the Chlex moment!

And I know she means well, but Lois isn't helping much. Telling Chloe she should have kicked Chanel's ass doesn't explain why the tramp's in Lex's apartment, lounging around in her underwear in the first place.

I hope Lex explains the situation to Chloe, because I know I want to hear the answer as well.
    KATHY

My Fanfic Master List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information