+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How Chloe Saved Christmas (PG13) (NS Advent Calendar 2009) - Reviews

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: How Chloe Saved Christmas (PG13) (NS Advent Calendar 2009) - Reviews

Chapter 7:

That is what I looked like through out the whole chapter. I loved everything about it from the festival to the kiss. I can't wait to see how this goes the next day.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Part 8:

Well that was weird continuation. It went from playful fun in the last chapter to confusion. Typical Chloe and Lex behavior. I shouldn't be surprised.

But I liked how agonized Lex was but he is really stupid if he can't see she has feelings for him. Damn he is dumb.

At least he was smart to go and take care of her. What ever happens they are still friends.

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

So Chloe does have more then platonic feelings for Lex That's just lovely! And then Lex just has to realizes that he likes Chloe and then the romance will be on
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Chapter Seven

ROTFLMAO! I was so amused seeing the chapter starting off with Chloe sending Lex what most consider to be the height of communications annoyance, a chain letter! I think Lex would have hired a hitman to kill anyone else who would have dared to send him a chain letter of any sort (much less a cheery holiday festivities chain letter).

ROTFL! And adding insult on top of injury, the chain letter directed Lex to copy it and send it off to ten friends? Ouch! Just what ‘friends’ are we talking about here? Knowing Lex, he’s going to send it off to his most hated business partners, and leave them scratching their heads and gritting their teeth wondering at what kind of hidden meaning is he trying to impart to them, LOL!

I liked Lex’s choice of a candy cane. Peppermint is a classic and too zingy in taste to ever be considered ‘boring’.

I loved the moment of sharing that Lex and Chloe had about Lex’s memories of Christmas with his mum… the few Christmases where he actually enjoyed the festivities and cheers before being taught that Luthors don’t enjoy holiday cheer and fun.

The couple who came across Lex and Chloe were rather annoying, and most certainly not very aware, well-informed or bright. They didn’t recognize Lex Luthor? They didn’t realize that Chloe and Lex were actually not together in a stable, comfortable relationship? And besides all that, it was just plain annoying for them to demand a kiss from a random couple purely for the sake of a showy picture.

But, I’m glad to see that Lex was a good sport about the whole thing. I probably would have glared at Henry and Dolly until they went away and stopped bothering me with their ridiculous, entitled demands.

But Lex was really sweet and patient about the whole thing. And I really can’t complain that much about Henry and Dolly since it did result in yet another Chlexy kiss Awesome!!

Chapter eight

This chapter came off to a very hilarious start showing Lex panicking because he hadn’t heard from Chloe in *horror and shudder* two days?!

ROTFL! Oh that dear, sweet, demented, needy man! You know, Lex, most friends sometimes go for weeks without talking without going into hysterics about it. However, I’m really not surprised to see Lex having a nervous breakdown to not get any communications from his only friend for 48 hours… and imagining all kinds of horrific conspiratorial, dire reasons behind the absence of Chloe.

It was even funnier seeing him frantically calling Lois Lane of all people in order to seek help on the matter. LOL! Talk about desperate, eh? It was so much fun seeing Lois teasing him and winding him up… but she was quite gentle with the teasing when she could have blackmailed him into granting her an interview appointment for information about Chloe. It just didn’t occur to her? Or did she dismiss the idea as ‘wrong’?

Squeee! This chapter turned out to be a ‘Lex takes care of sick Chloe’ chapter? Awesome!!!

It was hilarious seeing Chloe grumpy in bed, mulling over her exponentially growing infatuation with Lex, and blaming him for both the infatuation as well as his complete obliviousness to her attraction towards him. Erm… it’s not really fair blaming him for both of these things, Chl… *Chloe glares* nope, nope… my mistake, completely his fault!

LOL! I loved the way that Chloe managed to predict, right down to the timely second exactly how Lex was going to react to her absence, and what steps he was going to take. ROTFL! She knows all his neurosis all too well, doesn’t she?

Squeee! Lex was amazing as a sick-attendant. He not only brought chicken soup, but he also made a point of making soup that was custom-catered to Chloe’s specific tastes. *happy sigh* that is so sweet!!

I was ROTFL at Lex’s choice of a Christmas feature. He brought Gremlins?! LOL! I suppose I should be grateful that he didn’t bring something involving a psycho killer Santa (with a slasher knife!). There are quite a surprisingly number of movies that feature this kind of a monster, LOL!

Awww, the schmoop at the end was lovely and cute! It was adorable seeing the chapter ending with both of them cuddled on the couch together, with Lex finally admitting to Chloe that she was his best friend. Of course, that’s been obvious for a long time, but it’s nice to hear it said out loud!

Thanks for the amazing chapter. I look forward to the next updates.

Just got all caught up reading Chapters 6, 7, & 8, and I loved every minute of it!

This really is a fab story. I love that Lex is slowly warming up to the idea of Christmas and enjoying it. Imagining him and Chloe sledding and having a snowball fight was too funny, and then at the festival, good greif but that kiss was perfect!

I was a little worried when Chloe didn't want to talk to Lex after that, but it seems her problem is liking him too much rather than not enough.

His taking care of her when she was sick and calling her his best friend - that was just adorable! I am dreading when the crap hits the fan later, which it is bound to do when either Lex or Chloe or both tries to explain their feelings. Friendship to romance can be perfection or a complete disaster, and though I have confidence that things will work out in a happy Chlexy way, I doubt the journey to that happy ending will be a simple one!

So glad Chloe is getting Lex to appreciate the Christmas season and be happy about it. I guess its understandable that he'd struggle, having lost his mother and with his father having treated him so badly. Poor Lexy At least he's headed into happy times now

Can't wait for the next chapter already!

Another lovely chapter!

Good for Lex for bringing up the kiss and for realizing that Chloe was upset--I applaud his worrying about her feelings but I think it's going to take a great deal for either one of them to admit their feelings for each other.

Chloe looked at him startled. “Uh, yeah. It was.” She sipped her hot chocolate, feeling a certain ache in her heart.
    Oh man, Chloe's worried that she's going down the Hopeless Crush road again. I sense some more angst coming her way
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

My Fanfic Master List

Part 9:

Oh Lord angst I hate it and this is typical of the so called smart people.

I am glad Lex brought it up. I just wish Chloe would have been honest. But that would mean the fic would be done before the 24th.

I feel bad for Chloe's heart but I have a feeling it will mend soon.

Oh, that skating was positively painful, and I don't just mean because they fell down either! Lex was SO uncomfortable and then to have the kid call them amateurs - not Chloe's best plan ever.

Liked the movie watching. Every Christmas movie you throw at them, its cool to see the reactions as well as the choices both Chloe and Lex make.

Glad Lex brought up the kissing at last and tha they both got to ask the other what it was all about. Trouble is they're not being hugely honest about what they're feeling and so we're not getting any more kissing! Hoping for that soon...

Part 10:

That was a great chapter. I am so glad Lex let Chloe in to his world of sadness. He needs some one like Chloe to not fall into that trap. I am glad she was there for him.

Damn, Lex's memory of his mom made me cry--Great work!

And good for Chloe for not giving up on showing him that Christmas can still be beautiful.
    KATHY

My Fanfic Master List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information