+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How Chloe Saved Christmas (PG13) (NS Advent Calendar 2009) - Reviews

Julie's Soul Sister

Re: How Chloe Saved Christmas (PG13) (NS Advent Calendar 2009) - Reviews

Like incest? I hope she doesn't mean that she felt like kissing a brother!

Well now she confused him and she's probably confused as well. Although I sense she might have had a crush on him for long but never dared to act on it. Maybe spirit of christmas gave her a momentarily act of courage.

I wonder if she's crying because she fears she's going to ruin their friendship.

Also, not related to the chapter, but I'm wondering... *just because I'm curious* Are Clark, Lois and *ugh* Lana going to appear? Not that I really want to see them.. just always curious to know where those people are... like it went AU from where.. the begigning or sometimes in the show?

Anywho, keep going.. I want more kisses

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

A very interesting update!

First, we have Chloe's jealous of Chanel, and then we have her suddenly kissing him. Could Chloe's feelings for Lex be deeper then either one of them realize?
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Chapter 4:

I loved the first part. Chloe and Lex bantering back and forth . Is classic Chlex.

But the end oh I feel so bad for Chloe. She is in love with him poor baby.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Chloe lifted her hand and caressed his cheek. “You’re my best friend Lex.” She turned onto her side. “Too much wine.”

Lex lifted the covers over her shoulders. “Night drunky.”

Ahhh....I love it sooo far!
    That last bit brought a tear to my eye, yet made me laugh

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

I’m falling behind again on review
    Chapter Three

I really enjoyed the chapter beginning with Lex’s secretary cooing over the horrible, tacky Dancing-Santa figurine on Lex’s desk. LOL! He was sooo mad about that! I’m actually quite surprised that he hasn’t thrown away that Santa into the trash as yet… but I guess he’s figured that Chloe’s going to end up getting him two of three Dancing-Santas as replacement if he throws one away… and then six or seven if he throws those three away… kind of like a Santa Hydra monster.

ROTFLMAO! The phone conversation between Chloe and Lex was cute beyond words! I loved the way she teased him, and the way that Lex can’t help but fall for all her baiting, LOL! And I especially enjoyed the evil/clever way that Chloe managed to get Lex to feel grateful that she got him the tacky Dancing-Santa present… since the alternative was decorating his office!

Heh… was Chloe dropping an implied threat over there? Don’t throw away the Santa, or I’ll decorate your office utilizing the gaudiest, tackiest Christmas decorations available on the market…? Evil! LOL!

The evening spent watching the movie was hilarious. I really enjoyed the way that Lex actually found himself identifying with an animated reindeer. He really got into the film, didn’t he? LOL! And then he was providing a structural reflectionist critique of the film, linking it’s concept source to Marxism roots, ROTFLMAO! What fun it is to watch films with Luthors, eh? I wonder what he would make of Snow White.

Awww, and the ending was beyond sweet! It was beautiful seeing how, despite how Lex complains, moans and snipes constantly when in her company, Lex genuinely loves spending time with her… as demonstrated by his fond, familiar gestures when she fell asleep on him.

Actually, Lex’s fondness and affection for Chloe was clear from the very beginning of this fic since he first agreed to this plan to let her torture him over the holiday season. Anyone else would have been killed a day into the holiday month.

Chapter Four

heeee! The new chapter begins with the introduction of an impending Christmas party. Granted, it’s not the close family gathering that one would regard as truly traditional, but a fancy, elitist snob-fest should also be fun… or at least amusing… with good food, LOL!

I loved the way that Chloe whined, cajoled and mock-threatened Lex into taking her as his date for the party. It was even funnier considering that he has been planning on taking her all along, and she didn’t have to expend all that effort into getting herself invited.

LOL! I wonder whether he’s going to tell her later how he made her nearly beg for something he had been planning on giving her all along… it’s not often that Lex pulls a fast one on Chloe, and I think he should enjoy it for all that it’s worth.

I was glad to see that Lex enjoyed the second film he watched with Chloe. I guess movies that don’t involve anthropomorphized animals are considered a little more acceptable? And yes, I do remember Snoopy, but he doesn’t have any lines of dialogue, so perhaps he’s acceptable?

The ending of Chapter four was AWESOME!!! It’s about time that we got some drama and potential angst introduced into this fic
    Not that I wasn’t enjoying it before the drama… but I’m just enjoying it more now

Anyhow, Chloe’s choice of word, incest, was fascinating. Either she believed that Lex would feel he was being kissed by his sister, or she thought the kiss was just like kissing a brother. Personally, I think it sounds like more the former, but it can go either way… and either way it’s drama, so I’m happy!

Thanks for posting. I look forward to the next chapter. Please update soon!

An awesome chapter!

It wasn’t as though he were afraid of Lois, he just wasn’t in the mood to witness her pathetic attempts at roping him into an interview.
    This made me smile. The ED version of Lois Lane will forever be known as an incompetent bimbo and hack, while Chloe is a naturally gifted reporter. And I love how Clark's only identity to the Chlex is as Lois' husband. The poor man

And I'm loving the subtle romantic turn this lovely fic as taken--continued excellent work on this story.
    Last edited by Kit Merlot; 6th December 2009 at 03:16.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

My Fanfic Master List

Chapter 5:

What the hell is she doing? She had a perfect chance to kiss him and tell her feelings. UGH!! She needs to be beaten. I love how jealous Lex got with those two men after Chloe. He needs to get over it already and ask her out. They both know they have feelings. Good Lord those two need to be hit with the smart stick.

Chapter 6:

This was all kinds of win. I loved how she gets him to do things every time. I still have a big smile on my face after reading this update.

The first part confused me. I was like what. Then I realized it was a flashback. I felt so bad for little Lex. I wish he got to play. But having Chloe in his life has gotten him to be a kid again. I am so glad she took him sledding and got him to make snow angels. They are just to cute together.

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Chapter Five

It was fun to see Lois introduced in this chapter. I already knew that Chloe and Lex have been great, close friends for several years now, and I was wondering how Lois and Clark felt about that friendship; did they approve?

Well, now I see that Lois finds the friendship bewildering as well as distasteful. But at least she manages to restrain herself to making snide comments about Lex, rather than trying to convince Chloe to drop him as a friend. LOL! I get the feeling that Lois gave up trying to convince Chloe to drop Lex’s friendship. Now she’s probably hoping and praying that the two of them remain completely oblivious to the obvious attraction that they both obviously have for each other forever! LOL!

I loved the way that Lex viewed and admired Chloe as she spun her way through the elitist crowd at the Christmas soiree. I do believe that he was actually doting on her, and the amazing way that she managed to charm everyone that she came across... which is really impressive when you consider how most of these people turn cold and wary whenever they come across a reporter. Yet, they knowingly allow this charming, bright journalist pump them for all kinds of juicy articles, all for the pleasure of her company.

ROTFLMAO! Lex was so cute in his insistence that he was not jealous because Chloe paid attention to people men other than himself. Of course, Chloe believes that this is the typically Luthorish possessive jealousy that Lex would exhibit for any friend who happens to neglect him… not acknowledging that there might be something more romantic behind the jealousy rather than typical Luthor possessiveness.

The dance between then was beautiful and sweet, and I felt like swooning by the latter half of it. Heck, I think even Lex and Chloe were close to swooning by the end of that dance. I’m certainly sure that Lex would have said ‘yes’ to anything Chloe could have asked of him at that moment, ‘Lex, kiss me?’ ‘Marry me?’, ‘Buy me an island?’, ‘give me an interview?’, ‘give Lois an interview?’

LOL! Ok, he probably (possibly) might have said ‘no’ to the last request, but even that would have taken effort of will on his part at that moment when he primed to say yes, Yes, YES!

Dammit! And the only thing she asked for pertained to tree decoration?!? Aaargh!!

Chapter Six

squeee! Chapter six was really fun, as well as deliciously long! I loved it!

I really liked the poignant beginning of the chapter setting up the scene… showing Lex’s memory of a moment where he really, REALLY wanted to take part in some of the more ‘plebian’ kind of Christmas activities that all the ‘lower class’ kids indulge in. I think that’s a perfect way to demonstrate how Lex used to yearn for ordinary forms of Christmas pleasures… and how those yearnings and desires were slowly crushed and repressed, first by Lionel, and then by Lex himself.

I don’t know how Chloe has managed to decode all of Lex’s most secret Christmas desires, but she really struck a winner with this idea of a kid’s snow day, LOL!

It was so much fun seeing Lex first being reluctantly dragged into the snow, and then enthusiastically taking to it just like a pre-teen kid. ROTFL! Lex was so cute when acting all grumpy and cynical on the hill, and then eventually losing that battle with his face when his expression turned into a manic grin at all the darned fun he was having. ROTFL! I’m sure Chloe got a very satisfactory thrill seeing Lex grinning like a kid, despite his resolve to maintain his stoic Luthor mask.

And if that wasn’t insane enough, Lex Luthor got into a snowball fight?!? Oh. My. Heavens!! ROTFLMAO!

I thought I was going to die from that kid advising Lex to ‘aim for the head’, since it makes for the easiest target, LOL!

*happy sigh* finishing off the snowy fun with snow-angels is the perfect way to end the day… well, the perfect way to day outside; the truly perfect way to end such a day is to curl up in front of a fire with a cup of hot, thick chocolate… with extra marshmallows!!!

LOL! Great couple of chapters! Thanks for updating, and I look forward to the next posting/s.

Two awesome chapters!

The idea of Lex's going sledding makes me smile everytime I think of it And the Christmas show was adorable, and thank you Dolly, for helping the Chlex to kiss

And this:

“..I’d never thought I say this, but I’m so glad I’m not in the field anymore. I always felt as though she were competing with me.”
    made me smile. Yes, I'm sure that Lois was competing with Chloe, but please note, that Chloe knows her cousin is no competition for her
    KATHY

My Fanfic Master List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information