+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Chloe Saved Christmas (PG13) (NS Advent Calendar 2009) - Reviews

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: How Chloe Saved Christmas (PG13) (NS Advent Calendar 2009) - Reviews

Chapter 2:

LOL!! I loved chapter two. Man I would pay 1 million to see Lex at a Walmart and pushing a cart. LOL!! Chloe is determined to get him in the Christmas spirit. I love how she never listens to what he says. That gift on his desk is proof of that. LOL!!
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Kill Lana

Thanks so much guys! i'm glad you're enjoying this story!

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

I’m sorry it took me a while to review the new chapters. But better late than never, right? *hopeful, speepish grin* RIGHT?!

Chapter One

I really enjoyed the beginning of the chapter highlighting with exactly how much jarring, sharp loathing Lex Luthor despises all elements of the Christmas celebrations. LOL! I could easily imagine a tic in the corner of his eyes every time he heard a overly chirpy ‘good morning, Mr Luthor’ that morning on the first of December. I don’t know who I feel more sorry for… Lex or his employees, who might be going home with a pink slip by Christmas.

But then again, Lex seems to be keeping himself back from snapping at people… so I guess I don’t need to worry about his employees… certainly not now that Chloe has made it her personal agenda to make Lex feel BETTER about Christmas… whether he wants to or not!

LOL! Speaking of which, the end of the chapter was really a lot of fun seeing Chloe wheedling and whining her way into Lex saying ‘yes’ against his better judgment. Actually, Lex seems to be suspiciously and worryingly susceptible to people whining at him to give in to their demands… whether it’s Clark, Lana or Chloe.

But at least I trust Chloe’s judgment over Lex’s… so giving into HER demands is all fine! LOL!

Chapter Two

ROTFLMAO! Oh dear me… chapter two was EVIL!! And I loved it!

First of all, I really enjoyed the way that Lex’s elitist inner-snob was revealed in its full melodramatic glory. LOL! It was really fun seeing Lex sneering up at the fifteen foot tree and calling it ‘kinda small’. And I cannot describe the hilarity I enjoyed seeing Lex snarling and spitting out the word ‘Walmart’ as a synonym for pigsty, or something equally disgusting. LOL!

Heh… and I’m certain that Chloe took a huge amount of sadistic pleasure in forcing Lex through this alien environment of a plebeian department store. Especially since she dragged him over to the tackiest kind of item… a swinging hips Santa. ROTFLMAO! Oh dear, how embarrassed Lex was for both of them (all three of them if you count the Santa figure too), LOL!

*happy sigh* the ending was really poignant and sweet. I really enjoyed how the mood of the fic changed during the end from capered, hilarity filled adventure to something sentimental and powerfully emotional. It was at THIS moment where I fully appreciated the genius of Chloe’s plan. She plans to reach the celebratory deprived child within Lex and give him exactly the kind of schmoopy, tacky, nostalgic and PERFECT kind of Christmas that he’s always dreamt about, but never admitted to wanting… not even to himself.

I can’t wait to see what other tricks Chloe has up her sleeve to fulfil Lex’s deepest, hidden desire for a Christmas celebration, but I know it’s going to be damned fun to read.

I look forward to the next posting

Just read the Prelude and Chapters 1 & 2, and so far I have to say... I Love It!

Poor Lex has really suffered at Christmas in the past, so I can totally understand why he wouldn't be a fan. At the same time, I see Chloe's point. Holding onto the past and making yourself miserable is no good. Lex should try to embrace the happiness of Christmas now he is older, and she seems determined that he's going too!

Imagining Lex shopping at Wal-Mart is beyond bizarre, and its pretty strange to think of him stringing popcorn and decorating his own tree, but I do love it! The sight of the tree all pretty seemed to make him smile at least - Chloe's plan is bound to work.

How did I know that dancing Santa was going to be there whether Lex wanted it or not? Chloe is so sneaky! lol

Love this and can't wait for the next chapter to appear!

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

By the way, chapter 3 is already posted up! I've been trying to get it to publish the chapters at around 6pm US time, but I'm having some difficulties, apparently this chapter was posted up 21 hours ago LOL! So, bare with me folks as I get this time zone mathematics all figured out!
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    By the way, chapter 3 is already posted up! I've been trying to get it to publish the chapters at around 6pm US time, but I'm having some difficulties, apparently this chapter was posted up 21 hours ago LOL! So, bare with me folks as I get this time zone mathematics all figured out!
    I'm with you, Julie, time zones are such a pain when you're over this side of the planet and most other folk are in America! lol

Anyway, LOVE the new chapter! How cute was Lex carrying Chloe to the bedroom and tucking her in? And watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer together - that was adorable! I cannot stop smiling, and now I can't wait for tomorrow to read Chapter 4! Kimbo, you are making me very happy with your sweet story

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    I'm with you, Julie, time zones are such a pain when you're over this side of the planet and most other folk are in America! lol
    Normally it's not that big of a problem, but I have to factor in that the servers that NS are hosted on are in the UK, meaning one hour BEHIND me, and ... yeah... This makes me a bit dizzy LOL! Hopefully, if I've done it right, Dec 4th chapter SHOULD be posted up around 6pm US time. I've set it up for 23:59 my time, which should post it at 22:59 UK time because UK's one hour behind me, so then in the US around... 5pm. ... I think... lol.

Just keep checking the site guys, or subscribe to the RSS feed, then you should easily know when new chapters and such are posted
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

A fabulous chapter, and this bit:

“I would destroy every last one of them.” Lex commented as he watched the other reindeer laugh at Rudolph.
    Absolute gold

It always killed me when the reindeer laughed at Rudolph and it makes sense that Lex could identify with that.

Continued excellent work on this story
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Chapter 3:

Oh my God that was just to cute for words… I just love how she keeps getting her way. But something tells me that won’t be for long. He will snap and hurt her feelings. I am on pins and needles when that happens. EEK!!
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Oh my God! A kiss and then she bolted and cried! It was perfect and then it was destroyed in a second! Can't wait for the next chapter to see what happens next!

In the meantime, I have to say, I loved the way Chloe got her own way on the party invite, and that she and Lex watched Charlie Brown. I hadn't even think about him maybe liking it because he and the main character are both bald! lol

As I said, looking forward to the next chapter already - kimbo, you're a star!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information