+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossroads, PG-13, post-Beast rewrite

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!

Crossroads, PG-13, post-Beast rewrite

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters or the show, I'm not that kind of cheap.

Spoilers: Up to season eight, Beast.

A/N: I'm a Chlavis convert, and most of my new ideas are for that ship. This is an aberration, I guess, and not a very well-planned one at that. So this is all there is, unless I can think of where to go with it.

Chloe was sleeping when he pounced. There was a growl, low and almost not there – certainly not enough noise to bother opening her eyes. The bed was comfortable. The pillow and blankets were warmed by body heat much more than her own. She was still shaped like Davis spooned around her.

She shivered as the blankets yanked away, her nipples peaking and her legs pressing tightly together to keep delicate flesh warm. She sighed and mumbled a soft protest before she was up in somebody's arms. He – it was absolutely a man – carried her close to his chest, leaning her hip down on the mattress. The sheet was pulled over her sloppily, and he tucked it around her like a toga. Her eyes struggled open, and she saw a fine mist hanging in the air.

Gas, she thought. Clark would never use gas. He must be working with Ollie and the boys.

She lifted her arm to rest on his shoulder, but the shoulder wasn't as hugely muscled as she'd expected. Clark always was a little too built for a farmboy, and this was sculpted with careful proportion to his frame. Not Clark, not Ollie, not Davis, A.C., Victor, or Bart. Bart would never have covered her up so quickly.

Her muscles creaked her head around to look, but the mask he was wearing didn't show much; eyes deep with anger, but also some kind of regret. He had to make an effort to lift her, so he wasn't super-strong. He was just a man – a cop, or military?

“You don't stand a chance,” she told him, not unkindly. Davis alone would rip him to shreds. Doomsday wouldn't stop there.

The gas was making her limp and she didn't fight to be put down. There would be blood, death, this little, anonymous town crushed. After, there would still be Davis, and he would come for her. The fear had been drugged and all that was left was logic. He would kill all of them. She would be the X that marked the spot on the treasure map, only there wouldn't be green land and blue sea around her. There would be a huge swathe of red with her own tiny blond self in the middle.

If only she could feel as blase about her beautiful, sad Davis when he was looking at her with that gaze. The man holding her had a gaze, too, but it wasn't hard to face. It was downright mild compared to being the end-all of existence for the ultimate destroyer.

“I never really thought I could save him,” she said bleakly, a few tears falling on her numb hands. “I just didn't want him to be alone. I didn't want him to kill Clark and I didn't want him to be all alone.”

His grip tightened for a second, but it was only because he had her at the doorway of the motel room. She knew Davis wouldn't let her be taken. She took her arm down and waited to see claws come through the male chest she was bouncing against. Chloe exhaled loudly as the sun hit her face. They were out, going somewhere not with Davis. She still didn't fight her way down to run back.

Maybe all I wanted was for someone else to take the choice away, she thought sadly. I thought I was stronger than this. I'm not a hero. I'm not saving anyone.

The man carried her all the way to an SUV, and put her in the open passenger door. He gave her a little shove out of the way of the door, then slammed it shut. His hood and mask ripped down as he rounded the front, and she squinted. He climbed into the driver's seat and turned the key. The engine started. No rock-like hands tossed it end over end. No screams of rage grated from an alien throat.

Lex pulled onto the highway, his eyes straying to her as she stared at him. He smiled wanly. “Greatly exaggerated,” he said softly. “Put on your seatbelt.”

She did as she was told, and waited for her mind to work again. Maybe once it did she would have to get free and go back for Davis. Maybe she could go back to her own life. Lex reached over without looking and tucked the end of the sheet over her bare leg. His hand lingered like fire. Maybe she wouldn't do either of those things.
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Re: Crossroads, PG-13, post-Beast rewrite

Yay for Lex kidnapping Chloe. I love that his answer to her unasked question about his death is "Greatly exaggerated." Lex does love the classic lines. Stick with Lex Chloe, it is such a better life.

Most often found beating my head against the wall- in Michigan

Oh, this is nice! I like it! I never liked the Chlavis, and turning it into Chlex like this was very well done!

Julie's Soul Sister

Good short! Was afraid at first when you mentionned Chlavis. I was like: Huh am I in the right section? But seeing Lex kidnapping her? Hot! Not being Chlavis at all, it feels like a victory for me

I get this from both ends because I am a massive Chlavis shipper ignoring failsday and I love Chloe with lex too, so it's a win win. This is awesome. I love the details, Chloe's reaction to the cold. Shucks, can this just be my ot3?

Also rumors of my death.... win!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

That was good.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Fishin' for brains Senior Member Avalanche's Avatar
    In the best state in this here Union, which is of course, Texas

I missed this somehow...anywho, I dig the kidnapping. Although I suspect the continuation should have an insane Doomsday coming and rescuing Chloe.
    Fanfiction Master List

“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.”
    Oscar Wilde

My milkshake bringeth all ye gentlefolk to the yard, and they're like it's better than thine, verily its better than thine, I could teach you but I must levy a fee...

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control; and, at times, hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

love the begging i hope it stayes chlex i just love them together.

NS Member

great story...keep going

Nice one.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information