Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NS Secret Fanfiction Santa 2009!

Re: NS Secret Fanfiction Santa!

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
    Are we assuming that everyone should be pulling out the light and fluffy for the holiday season?
    That is the assumption I have made...

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
    I noticed that while requesters can specify a season, a rating and a line, there isn't really any mention of the type of fic, e.g. dark and angsty vs. sweet and humorous.

Are we assuming that everyone should be pulling out the light and fluffy for the holiday season?
    That is a good question, and thanks for bringing it up!

If we were to generalize the NS audience, I would guess most would prefer a light piece than a dark one

Also because it might be a little bit easier to write something light to someone you don't know the personal preferences of, than dark and angst-y for an example.

But, that's just my assumption. Do tell me if you think I'm wrong!
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    If we were to generalize the NS audience, I would guess most would prefer a light piece than a dark one
    *cough*somethingeasy*cough*

Although I may slightly, sort of, if you squint lean towards the angsty end of the scale, I agree that most people will like fluffier stuff. Also, sometimes that's easier to write in a smaller piece because angst can often require more background or resolution.

However, I too would be interested in hearing from other people looking to participate. If we did add a category of type, we could always make the default fluff and the add a "will accept" part to it. So it would look like -

Type of story Fluff (indicate here if you would also accept angst).

I don't think that it could be made an either/or choice, because some people simply don't want to write something angsty during the holidays (although they would if they spent it with my family lol). But if the recipient added that they would be open to it if the writer felt like going that direction, then it would create a choice for the author as opposed to an obligation.

But I don't know if that's something we want to tackle now, partway into sign ups, or to possibly put out there next year, after we've had out maiden run here to work out the kinks instead.

Also, Secret Santa's rock and I'm super excited about this! It'll be like Christmas in December!!!

...Well, you guys know what I mean.

~Sarah~

Yup, it might be a good idea to go with "fluff" stories this year, and then maybe add a type of story for next years event

If you guys have any more ideas, comments, etc for this event, then just post them up or PM me or MelBee1985, and we'll take it into consideration!
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Julie's Soul Sister

It is a good idea indeed. I hadn't seen it elsewhere when I looked, but thought about it. We know there are alot of angst fans here

So I guess we stick with the fluff, though if you know well the author that you received (like you're already a big fan of her style and likes to write like that), I don't think it would be a bad thing to go in the direction of that preference. But like Jules said, if you don't know well the author, stick with the fluff

If there is anything, PM me

PS: It is still time to participate!

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MelBee1985 View Post
    We know there are alot of angst fans here
    You know, this is funny because the Completed Angst and Angst forums are #15 and #18 respectively amongst the most popular threads- numbers 5 and lower amongst the fanfiction threads. Could it be those who enjoy angst prefer the NC-17 forum? I know everytime that I write an angst fic and post it in the Angst forum that it wonīt be read by many people. Thatīs why I tend to go for the SHORT STORY forum to give it a better chance.
    Last edited by lexie; 24th November 2009 at 18:35.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Julie's Soul Sister

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    You know, this is funny because the Completed Angst and Angst forums are #15 and #18 respectively amongst the most popular threads- numbers 5 and lower amongst the fanfiction threads. Could it be those who enjoy angst prefer the NC-17 forum? I know everytime that I write an angst fic and post it in the Angst forum that it wonīt be read by many people. Thatīs why I tend to go for the SHORT STORY forum to give it a better chance.

I'm sorry, I should have said "smutty dark fics",

Only two days remaining to enter a request guys, so be sure to send MelBee1985 a PM if you want to join in! Remember, it doesn't have to be long and very detailed, just a light fanfiction will do!

This is a great opportunity to test out your writing skills! And remember, by entering, you also get a fanfiction dedicated to you!

So join up folks, send MelBee1985 a PM today!

Most often found beating my head against the wall- in Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by MelBee1985 View Post
    I'm sorry, I should have said "smutty dark fics",

Honestly, I think you could have removed the "dark fics" part of that sentence and still been correct.

NS Senior Member Senior Member

I don't care if an author writes a fluffy piece or angst piece for me but I think the lines I submitted lead to humor. Well, one could be used for dark humor which I would also love.

Thread Information