Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NS Christmas Cards Exchange 2009!

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

NS Christmas Cards Exchange 2009!

Me and Scorch (who's on the event team for this years Advent Calendar) were talking about exchanging Christmas cards. Those that are interested in getting a Christmas card from somewhere (in the world) sign up with their full name and address, then they get a random member who also signed up, to send a Christmas card to.

If that sounds like something fun, and something you wouldn't mind joining in on, please send me a PM with your full name (or whatever is on your mailbox) and full address (also include the country name).

* Only I will know everyone's addresses and names, and then only the one getting you as their card recipient will know your address and name. After the Christmas Card Exchange is finished, all information about full names and addresses will be deleted! Your information will in no way be sold or given to other parties (except the one (1) member you get assigned to).

By sending me your full name and address you agree to have your full name and address given to one other random person (other than me) who also signed up in the exhange, and you are also agreeing that you WILL send a Christmas card to the person you get in the exchange!

If you have any questions, concerns or anything, just ask me!

Deadlines:

Names will be assigned as soon as possible after December 5th.
    Send your card by December 10th the latest to allow for international postage.
    Last edited by Julie; 22nd November 2009 at 17:59.
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Julie's Soul Sister

Re: NS Christmas Cards Exchange 2009!

I'm in! Going to give you my infos in a bit. Though question: Around when people should send the cards? I'm asking because I'll be at my mother's around December 23rd until January 4th and then I may give that email adress if it's going to be a late-in-the-month sending.

Well, I saw the mail company "Posten" in Norway recommended people to have sent their Christmas cards by the latest on December 16th to ensure they get to their recipient in time, so maybe by around December 15th the latest, to allow for international postage

How about a deadline to sign up at the latest December 5th? Then people can write and send their cards by the latest December 15th. It shouldn't take THAT long to get a small card half around the world!
    Last edited by Julie; 21st November 2009 at 22:28.
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Just a quick update:

So far 11 people have signed up, so sign up if you're interested!

As an alternative, if you don't wish to give your address to a complete stranger, but still would like to receive a Christmas card, send me a PM with your full name and address and clearly write that you don't wish to join in on the exchange, but that you really want a Christmas card. Then you'll get a Christmas card from me! How does that sound? Just make sure you clearly write that you don't wish to join the exchange, otherwise your information will end up on the exchange list
    Last edited by Julie; 22nd November 2009 at 14:17. Reason: Updated the number of signed up people! :)

Julie's Soul Sister

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    Just a quick update:

So far 4 people have signed up, so sign up if you're interested!

As an alternative, if you don't wish to give your address to a complete stranger, but still would like to receive a Christmas card, send me a PM with your full name and address and clearly write that you don't wish to join in on the exchange, but that you really want a Christmas card. Then you'll get a Christmas card from me! How does that sound? Just make sure you clearly write that you don't wish to join the exchange, otherwise your information will end up on the exchange list
    And what if we want to send you one?

Quote Originally Posted by MelBee1985 View Post
    And what if we want to send you one?
    Hehe, then specify that you want to send me one in the PM!

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

I think this is a lovely and Christmasy idea

And it will keep postal workers employed--great work
    Last edited by Kit Merlot; 21st November 2009 at 23:06.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Hi!! I am in france can I play!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Merlot View Post
    I think this is a lovely and Christmasy idea

And it will keep postal workers employed--great work
    Haha, indeed! Since the invention of e-mail, I bet postal work has gone down quite a bit! And there's something special about receiving a hand written card or letter in the mail

Quote Originally Posted by Fouzia View Post
    Hi!! I am in france can I play!!!

Of course! Just know that by signing up to the exchange, you will have to send some one a card from yourself, and that person can be in America, or even Asia! So you will have to be prepared to pay for the postage to the other side of the world

Thread Information