Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NS Advent Calendar 2009!

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

NS Advent Calendar 2009!

We count down until Christmas with this Chlexy advent calendar filled with goodies for Chlex fans!

Definition from wikipedia.com:

An Advent calendar is a special calendar which is used to count or celebrate the days of Advent in anticipation of Christmas. Many take the form of a large rectangular card with many "windows", one of which is opened every day during Advent. In less elaborate calendars, each window opens to reveal an image, a poem, or part of a story such as the Nativity story itself. More elaborate Advent calendars have a small gift concealed in each window, such as a toy or a chocolate item.
    There will be, as there has been these past couple of years where we've had this feature, a fanfiction, some graphics and contests where you can win paid subscriptions at the forum.

This Year's Advent Calendar Story

The fanfiction will come in 24 parts, starting on December 1st, and ending on December 24th. Each day will have a new chapter, just like on a Advent Calendar - you open a "window" and you get a small gift. This year's Advent Calendar fanfiction is written by kimbo, who's been a member a while and has written fanfictions before. The most known fanfiction of hers might be Startling Revelation (NC-17) with over 600 replies!

Stay tuned to the blog, because on November 25th, the pre-lude to this year's Advent Calendar story will be posted up on the blog!

Contests

There will also be contests, four in total, one for each Sunday until Advent Sunday. On the the first three Advent Sundays, the contest winner will receive a FREE year of the silver paid subscription. On the fourth and final Advent Sunday, the contest winner will receive a FREE year of the gold paid subscription!

Graphics

Like the previous years, there will also be graphics in the form of avatars and wallpapers. The avatars are forum ready, and will be available in batches for choosing in December as they are posted.

You don't have to be a member of the NS Forums to enjoy the advent calendar, but in order to win the contest prizes you need to be a member. It's completely free, and sign up takes less than 3 minutes, so why not sign up today so that you're ready for when December comes?

Website

http://network.naughty-seduction.net/advent/
    Last edited by Julie; 1st December 2009 at 00:33.
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Re: NS Advent Calendar 2009!

I´m counting the days.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Thank you very much!!!
    This is the best site ever!!!
    good luck!!!!

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!

kimbo, I dub you the one hope of this upcoming season for me! No pressure!

Really though, you'll do great things, even without being able to write long, detailed, passionate, sexy, yearning, urgent, primal, naked, sweaty smut. And there's no rule saying you can't write some long, detailed, passionate, sexy, yearning, urgent, primal, naked, sweaty smut on the side! Like for the fic challenge!

Of course, the graphics and contests are fun, too. I'm sure it will be great.
    Last edited by kitten; 19th November 2009 at 18:38.
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

Excellent! Looking forward to it already

Most often found beating my head against the wall- in Michigan

EEEEEEEEEEEEEK! (Just for those who are wondering (everyone) that's my squee of joy.)

Yes! The advent calendar! I love you Julie! And kimbo!

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

I love the Advent Calendar, and a new story by kimbo--YEAH!!
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Yay! My favorite time of the year! This is gonna be fun!

I saw something about a secret santa with fanfics on another forum, I don't know how they do it, but I would imagine anyone who is willing to write a fic signs up and probably says like 5 things they'd want in a fic, and then each author would get another's name and write that fic. Just something to think about if we ever wanted to try it next year or something.

Most often found beating my head against the wall- in Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by westwingwolf View Post

I saw something about a secret santa with fanfics on another forum, I don't know how they do it, but I would imagine anyone who is willing to write a fic signs up and probably says like 5 things they'd want in a fic, and then each author would get another's name and write that fic. Just something to think about if we ever wanted to try it next year or something.
    Oh, that sounds like fun! Can we try that Julie?

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westwingwolf View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Booksketeer View Post
    Oh, that sounds like fun! Can we try that Julie?
    That sounds like fun indeed. Me and Scorch (who's on the event team for this years Advent Calendar) were talking about maybe exchanging Christmas cards and such. Those that are interested in getting a Christmas card from somewhere (in the world) sign up through some sort of form, with their full name and address and such, then they get a random member who also signed up, to send a Christmas card to.

Could be cool to receive Christmas cards from different places in the world, with like cards specific to that country.

Not sure how do-able it is though... I wouldn't mind sending some Christmas cards around

If that sounds like something fun, and something you wouldn't mind joining in on, let me know by either replying or thanking the post!

* Only I would know everyone's addresses and names, and then only the one getting you as their card recipient will know your address and name.
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Thread Information