View Poll Results: Which story did you like best?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Story One

1 4.76%
  • Story Two

2 9.52%
  • Story Three

4 19.05%
  • Story Four

3 14.29%
  • Story Five

2 9.52%
  • Story Six

9 42.86%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NS Fanfic Challenge - #5 October 2009 - "Abandon"

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Re: NS Fanfic Challenge - #5 October 2009 - "Abandon"

IŽve just been checking out feedback and realised I forgot to answer the only review on my work in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy View Post

Story Five, TITLE: “Surrender”

wow! This was a really intense ficlet. I really enjoyed the poetry that the words invoked. Somehow, I feel that the poem intertwined between the words was superfluous, because the text of the story itself would have been enough.
    Yes, maybe youŽre right- maybe the one I used for A Modern Persephone was more organic; however, I wanted to pay a kind of homage to the poet whose worked inspired me on this occasion.

I loved how you captured the paradoxical difficulty and ease with which both Chloe and Lex ‘surrendered’ to each other, to destiny, to their own desires… It happened as much because they were tired of fighting as well as because they felt there was great happiness waiting for them upon surrendering. Beautiful work!
    IŽm glad you were able to "feel" that while reading it because it was exactly what I intended to achieve.

I hope youŽll find the rest of my work thus satisfying.

Thanks for reading and reviewing my little ficlet.
    Last edited by lexie; 9th November 2009 at 01:12.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

I just got to the October Challenge reading today. Things have just been busier than I'd anticipated. Heck I had hoped to do the Nov. and Oct. challenges, and I realized that I missed everything. I'm sorry about that.

The authors put in their time and effort for the challenge, and I figured that a late response is better than none. Even though a vote won't count, I wanted to let the writers know their stories were appreciated.

Everyone took the Abandon theme in a different direction, and I really like seeing what can happen. Everyone has their own interpretation on the themes, and it shows how talented the participating writers are.

#1 was lovely to me. I liked the flow and where the story took us. Clark was always "abandoning" everyone else around him (except Lana usually). So this was spot on with the challenge while giving us a nice Chlex moment.

#2 was hilarious to me at the end especially. I also like a story that shows how they all could be civil to each other instead of at each other's throats. So this was a nice way that the challenge was answered for me.

#3 was awesome. I would so love to see more of this story or a sequel. I was so mad at Lionel when he basically talked Lana in to still marrying Lex. I would have been so happy if Lex turned to Chloe when Lana didn't show up and asked her instead. This was perfect for me as a better way that things could have gone. I would have voted for this one, if I'd been able to read these when the voting happened.

#4 was a darker story, but it was well written as well.

#5 was angsty, but wll done too. Lois really did move in on everything that Chloe wanted in life for so long on the show. Don't even get me started on the whole mind-wiping thing either.

#6 was funny how she'd run out of her own wedding because she really wanted to be marrying Lex. {Grins} Cute one.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Tasha~*~ View Post

#3 was awesome. I would so love to see more of this story or a sequel. I was so mad at Lionel when he basically talked Lana in to still marrying Lex. I would have been so happy if Lex turned to Chloe when Lana didn't show up and asked her instead. This was perfect for me as a better way that things could have gone. I would have voted for this one, if I'd been able to read these when the voting happened.

Aaw, thanx, Tasha - #3 was mine, and I'm really glad you liked it so much It occurred to me I could write more, as it does with pretty much all these challenges, but I'm not sure if I actually could/would...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information