View Poll Results: Which story did you like best?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Story One

1 4.76%
  • Story Two

2 9.52%
  • Story Three

4 19.05%
  • Story Four

3 14.29%
  • Story Five

2 9.52%
  • Story Six

9 42.86%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NS Fanfic Challenge - #5 October 2009 - "Abandon"

Re: NS Fanfic Challenge - #5 October 2009 - "Abandon"

So many wonderful ideas, and very different directions taken on the theme. Not easy to pick just one to vote for, but it must be done! Well done to all the authors

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Story One, Title: Happenstance
    I really enjoyed this story. It felt more like a new beginning in the sense that I could see a story just poised to get started with this ficlet as the opening prologue. I loved the idea that there’s a story just waiting to unfold after the final scene. LOL! And it was really amusing seeing the happy coincidence of Lex just ‘happening’ to stop by at the same diner that Chloe chose to take refuge in. Soulmates!!!

Story Two A Memorable Haunting
    This was a REALLY fun, delightful, amusing and romantic ficlet. I loved how so many characters had been placed into a ficlet of such a short length, and yet they were all given a special amount of attention. I especially loved all the interactions that involved Lucas… Lucas and Lex, Lucas and Chloe and Lucas and Lois. LOL! Damn, that is one fun character!

I was also swept away by seeing Lex as a complete doormat to Chloe’s every whim. She demanded that they go out to visit a haunted house… he demurred without a word of protest, and even when she invited her irritating friends in on the outing, even THEN Lex didn’t complain. He only whined when Chloe told him that Lucas was coming along too, but even then he quickly caved to Chloe’s demands.

LOL! The tough negotiator that was Lex Luthor has met his match with his beloved, eh? ROTFL!

Squeee, and there was even a tiny helping of smut in this chapter, which I adored. I really hope I get to see a full length fic written out by this author sometime.

Story Three, Here With Me
    Oh dear, poor Lex! Abandoned at the altar. But the truly sad thing is that this is the best thing that could have happened to him, considering that the alternative was actually going through with a marriage to Lana Lang *shudder*

Oh dear, and it wasn’t only Lex, but even Chloe who had been abandoned. Granted, she had been left behind by a friend rather than a lover/partner, but I can’t imagine that she wasn’t hurt by Clark’s abrupt departure.

I’m not sure how I feel about an ending that seems to close on Chloe and Lex essentially rebounding off each other… but I suppose every Chlex relationship has to start somewhere… and quite honestly, the rocky, unsteady, unstable kind of start is the one that makes for the best story, LOL!

Story Four, TITLE: Home Movies
    oh wow! WOW! I loved this story! I have fallen in love with the idea of an Evil-Chloe who uses Lex to satisfy a deep-seated desire for vengeance. I would like to say that I feel sorry for Lex, but the truth is that I know he brought all of this on himself. I might not know the details, but I know he deserves this kind of horrific punishment.

Although it DID make me wince seeing his hopes snuffed out a bit at a time throughout this ficlet. First he hopes that Chloe is going to overcome Brainiac’s influence to save him… only to find out that Chloe was the one in charge all along, and that keeping Lex trapped away was HER idea from the start.

And then he hoped that Clark was going to save him, only to find out that that was not likely to happen, even if Clark wanted to save him.

The story twist that really got to me was the visual of Chloe playing with her three children who were essentially replicated versions of her adolescent memories. A throwback to a more innocent, light-hearted and open time when it seemed possible for Lex, Clark and Chloe to get along. Quite honestly, I LIKE the idea of Chloe living out her dream… even if it IS slightly creepy imagining her tinkering with genetic petri dishes getting the mixture just right to create these ‘perfection personified representations’ as her children. Let’s hope that the kids never find out how and why they were created, eh? It would be too disturbing!

Story Five, TITLE: “Surrender”

wow! This was a really intense ficlet. I really enjoyed the poetry that the words invoked. Somehow, I feel that the poem intertwined between the words was superfluous, because the text of the story itself would have been enough.

I loved how you captured the paradoxical difficulty and ease with which both Chloe and Lex ‘surrendered’ to each other, to destiny, to their own desires… It happened as much because they were tired of fighting as well as because they felt there was great happiness waiting for them upon surrendering. Beautiful work!

Story Six

This was my favourite story, and I voted for it accordingly! I LOVED the plot twists inside this ficlet. At first, I kept hoping that the ‘husband to be’ that Chloe was talking about in such a devoted manner was Lex… only to find out that Lex was merely a guest at this wedding rather than one of the main participants. Now that was a cruel twist!

LOL! Until I find out that there’s yet another twist, because the ‘husband to be’ that Chloe was talking about was actually Lex all along… only he was being too stubborn to agree to her wishes.

The lines that Chloe used to describe a husband were just too beautiful for words! It was overwhelming seeing Chloe willing her husband to be her ‘everything’… her soul as well as her mate, to become the other half of her life in every way possible. The words ‘life partner’ is not just a convenient terminology for Chloe when it comes to describing her husband… she really means for a wedded partner to be the other half of her life, soul, destiny and future.

Heh… it’s a pity that she couldn’t find a way to bring that concept across to Lex, and had to descend to such desperate, outrageous actions to force him to her viewpoint.

LOL! I loved that Lex was forced to take a humiliating, clichéd approach such as objecting at a wedding and then even pulling the friggen fire alarm to make sure his point was put through. ROTFLMAO! Oh dear me, Lex is NEVER going to live that one down.

I have no idea who Chloe was mock-marrying, but I’d like to think it was someone who Lex would see as a genuine threat. Definitely NOT Jimmy, who would be a joke… but perhaps Bruce Wayne? Oliver Queen? Perhaps even Clark Kent could have been an effective way of getting Lex to panic

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

I enjoyed all of the stories, but it was Story#4 that really grabbed me. I loved the idea of Chloe's controlling all of these powerful men-great work
    Last edited by Kit Merlot; 7th November 2009 at 02:39.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

First of all, thanks so much to Jules for covering for me while I was briefly occupied with real life and closing the poll!

I also want to thank everyone who participated in this month's challenge.

Writers - You really outdid yourself this month. The challenge was rather abstract and open to so many interpretations and you guys really stepped up and produced a myriad of amazing stories. Fantastic work!

Readers - Thank you for taking the time to vote. This challenge wouldn't work without your participation, so please keep up the good work!

And now for this month's winner:

Kitten!

Congratulation, Kitten, and great work!!!

Thanks again to everyone who participated. You all rock.

Also, I'm off to post the new challenge, so keep an eye out.

~Sarah~

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Congrats, Nonky aka Kitten!

I´d like to thank those who voted for my fic- Surrender (Story #5).
    Last edited by lexie; 7th November 2009 at 02:43.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Congratulations Kitten! Awesome work
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Good work, kitten And to lexie, I really enjoyed your story too!

Mine was #3, puts me in a respectable second place this round which pleases me - thanx to the 4 peops who voted for me, and also to those who left feeback

I actually voted for #1, and am surprised I was the only person, though it is always tough when there are so many awesome stories to choose from
    Last edited by Ultra; 7th November 2009 at 12:32. Reason: spelling errors - typed too fast!

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Congrats Kitten!
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    I actually voted for #1, and am surprised I was the only person, though it is always tough when there are so many awesome stories to choose from
    Thanks Ultra. All the stories were great! Congrats kitten!

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    And to lexie, I really enjoyed your story too!
    Thanks, Ultra. Glad you liked it.

Mine was #3, puts me in a respectable second place this round which pleases me - thanx to the 4 peops who voted for me, and also to those who left feeback
    Yours was actually one of my favourites.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information