+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Granted (R)

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!

Granted (R)

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Several pages and posts of this thread were compromised or deleted by a hacker's attack, so here's a link to read the full story on a different server

http://www.mediafire.com/view/tiiv87...4_Granted.docx

Title: Granted
    Author: scifichick774
    Rating: R to be safe
    Category: Humor/Romance
    Spoilers: Everything through the spoilers for the third season is fair game.
    Summary: An uncovered Kryptonian relic from the first visitor’s trip has the ability to grant five wishes. What happens when Clark and his friends make wishes without knowing the relic’s ability?
    Archive: Want, take, have. Just ask first.
    Disclaimer: Sadly, none of the characters from Smallville belong to me. I’m just screwing around with their imaginary lives for fun, not profit.
    Author’s Note: I know, I know, another new fic when my others haven’t been completed. Here’s the deal: my muse needs a total humor fix. No angst, no smut (well, that hasn’t been completely decided yet), just the funny. That said, I just finished Lucky Charm and am almost done with The Curse, so cut me a break, okay?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“You say you got the idea to dig here from a newspaper article?”

Lex gave a lopsided grin to the man who was looking at him in disbelief.

“I wouldn’t think a man in your profession would be so closed-minded, Dr. Najib.”

Najib waved his hand a little in front of him in protest.

“No, no. Just surprised,” he said. “Especially since the information has proved so valuable. When you started me working on the caves, I had hoped that we might run into a site that had more physical evidence than just drawings.”

“And here you are.”

“And here we are,” Najib agreed, his eyes scanning the sight in front of him. The small archaeology team he had brought with him digging through what people in Smallville had assumed was an old mining shaft, and uncovering pieces of technology that they had never encountered before. “I am curious - what was the article about?”

“I believe the name of the article was ‘Smallville’s Secret History’, or something along those lines,” Lex answered and then tipped his head to the side to smirk at Dr. Najib. “I’m sure Chloe will hunt you down soon enough to interview you about what you’re doing here. You can ask her more about it then.”

“You know the reporter? And here I thought you were a man who shied away from the press.”

“Not at all. I may dislike the paparazzi who insist on giving the media a bad name, but the press in general can be a valuable tool for getting things accomplished,” Lex replied cryptically.

“Ah. And…Chloe?”

“My association with Miss Sullivan is a personal one, not professional.”

“I see…wait. Sullivan? The woman who writes the column for The Daily Planet?”

Lex’s eyes narrowed a little. He thought he had rid his father of most of his allies, but Najib was asking a lot of questions, and seemed entirely too familiar with the Chloe’s previous column for someone who lived in a different state.

“She used to,” Lex answered carefully.

Najib nodded.

“My wife is originally from Metropolis and *insists* on having a subscription to The Daily Planet even though she doesn’t live in Kansas anymore. I enjoyed Miss Sullivan’s insight. Which paper did she transfer to?”

“Dr. Najib!”

Both Lex and Najib turned toward the grad student causing the interruption.

“Look at this!”

The woman, who Lex placed in her late forties and therefore probably there as a second career, practically glowed with excitement. She held out a medallion approximately the size of a mini-disc, silver in color with a large purple gem in the middle, and Kryptonian words surrounding it.

Najib lifted his glasses back up to his eyes and examined the relic.

“It has similar markings to the ones in the caves, but they are not the same. A neighboring tribe perhaps?”

“Perhaps,” Lex said thoughtfully. Najib was an intelligent man and for him to think that the kind of technology they were coming across was formed by ancient native Americans was more than a little difficult to believe, only adding credence to the theory that he might be on Lionel’s payroll. Lex reached his hand forward to take the object from Najib’s outstretched hand.

“It’s a shame that Dr. Walden passed away and his notes somehow got misplaced. He was the best in his field. It would have been most insightful to see what he had to say about it.”

“Well,” Lex said, holding the medallion out in front of him as he examined it closely, “I know someone who can take a look at it. As far as I know, he was the only one besides Dr. Walden who was able to make any gains in translation.”

“Really? Do you think I might be able to speak with him?”

“His schedule’s pretty tight,” Lex lied, figuring that Clark would probably excuse himself out of any potential meeting with Najib with the excuse that he had chores. “And he may not be able to translate it. Let me find out first.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

The Talon seemed surprisingly empty given that it was a Friday, but Lex figured that school had just been released less than an hour ago and most of the shop’s clientele were still involved in their various extra-curricular activities.

Besides, as usual, Clark was sitting at the counter talking to Lana, and he was the only person that Lex had come to see.

Sadly, Lana noticed Lex first.

“Hi Lex,” she chirped with a smile from behind the counter. “Your usual?”

‘No, I’d like something close to what I actually want this time,’ he thought. Pushing back the urge to actually use the line, he forced the tiniest of grins onto his lips. “Nothing, thanks. I’m just here to see Clark.”

Clark gave him a somewhat surprised look combined with a smile that looked like he had been smoking marijuana only moments before.

“What’s up?”

Lex smirked and removed the medallion from his inner jacket pocket, promptly extending his hand so Clark could take the relic from him.

Clark’s eyes narrowed at the sight of the Kryptonian artifact that he took from Lex.

“Where did you get this?”

“Chloe wrote an article last month on some strange legends that circulated around the area a couple hundred years ago. I thought a couple of them were worth exploring, so I hired an archaeology team and…voila.”

Clark almost broke the relic with his super strength when he heard that Chloe was the one behind Lex looking for articles from *his* heritage.

He had been afraid that she might retaliate against him in some way after the way she confronted him in Metropolis, but he had no idea she’d stoop so low as to make details known so sneakily, making Lex think that he had figured it out for himself.

‘I wish she would just stop having feelings for me,’ Clark thought.

“Can you read it?” Lex asked, snapping him out of his thoughts.

Clark’s ‘deer caught in the headlights’ look was quickly replaced by a stern look of false confusion.

“Why would I be able to read it?” he asked.

Lex shrugged.

“You were the only one to spend so much time in those caves besides Dr. Walden. I thought he may have mentioned something.”

Clark frowned and had barely shaken his head when he finally took a good look at the writing around the disc and not just at the large purple gem that lay in its center. It sort of looked Kryptonian, but it sort of didn’t too. He surmised that it was probably an older dialect from the first alien who visited the area, but he honestly couldn’t read it.

“Sorry.”

Lana felt a pang in her heart when she saw Clark looking at the medallion. Those caves had been so important to him, just another one of the many secrets he never shared with her, and to see Lex renewing his interest in it with a new discovery, made her feel left out.

“Can I see it?” she asked, holding out her hand expectantly and looking at him through hooded eyelashes.

Clark handed the artifact over to her without a second thought. After all, it was Lana. She wasn’t suspicious about his origins beyond possibly being a meteor freak, and even if was, then she wouldn’t know where to begin looking for answers.

Lana turned the trinket around in her hands, unsure of what to think of it.

‘I wish Clark would just finally open up to me and spill all his real feelings and secrets,’ she thought. Pausing for a second, she raised her eyes and handed it to Lex. “It looks expensive,” she commented.

Lex gave her a curt nod of his head and took the medallion.

“Given the carbon dating of the other things my team is found, I’d say that’s a good bet,” he replied, inwardly groaning at the way Lana had been eyeing the piece. ‘Why can’t I find one woman who isn’t interested in my money? Someone who’s beautiful and intelligent but doesn’t want to kill me? God. I wish I could just find her and fall madly in love with her forever.’

The bell above the Talon’s front door chimed and Chloe and Pete stumbled through in hysterical laughter.

“Hey! You guys are never going to believe what Mr. Johansson was doing,” Pete said while clutching his stomach, his laughter tapering off when he saw Lex.

Sensing yet another showdown between Pete and Lex, Chloe stepped in.

“What’s that?” she asked, motioning to the medallion in Lex’s grasp.

“I think it’s jewelry,” Lana answered. “*Expensive* jewelry.”

Chloe and Lex shared a look.

“My people found it in one of those old mining shafts just outside of town,” he said, handing the relic to her.

“Really?” she asked with sudden genuine interest. “I wrote an article ---”

“I know,” Lex cut in. “That’s what gave me the idea.”

“Then Chloe should get a share of the profits,” Lana said. “Like a finder’s fee. Though, I don’t know if you’d really want to sell it. I mean, shouldn’t it go to a museum or something?”

Chloe ignored Lana the best she could and kept looking down at the amulet. She knew she had seen similar markings somewhere…

“Isn’t this the same language that ---”

“Similar, but not the same,” Lex said. “Or at least Dr. Najib doesn’t think so.”

Chloe’s eyes widened.

“Dr. Najib,” she said in disbelief. “Dr. Thomas Najib? You got him to conduct the dig?”

“I didn’t know you followed archaeology, Miss Sullivan?”

Chloe nodded absently.

“I’ve always thought that kind of stuff was…boring,” Lana said. “I mean, digging around in the dirt for broken pieces of pottery?”

‘Ugh! Shut up! Just shut up!’ Chloe inwardly shouted. ‘I wish Lana would just lose her voice for an entire day…or week.’ An evil smirk slid across Chloe’s lips at the thought.

She started to hand the medallion back to Lex when Pete unexpectedly snatched it away from her.

“So, what’s it do?” he asked.

“It’s jewelry, Pete,” Lana giggled. “It doesn’t *do* anything.”

“Doesn’t look like jewelry,” he commented offhandedly.

“Sure it does,” Lana protested, coming around the counter to argue her point.

The bell above the front door chimed again and Pete watched as both Chloe and Lana silently appraised the good-looking jocks who walked in.

‘Man. I wish I was buff *and* tall so I could get some of that attention,’ he thought.

Nobody was paying attention when the purple gem seemed to light up for a second and then fade away just as quickly.

Lex cleared his throat and held out his hand for Pete to give him back the artifact, causing Pete to roll his eyes.

“*I’m* not the thief in the room, Luthor,” he said pointedly, handing the medallion to Lex.

“I didn’t say you were, Mr. Ross,” Lex replied smoothly and placed the relic back in his inner jacket pocket. “Now, if you’ll excuse me. I have some paperwork I need to get to.” He gave an upward nod of his head to Clark. “Clark.” And a regular nod to Chloe and Lana. “Ladies.”

Pete gave him a tight grin and watched him leave before pulling Clark to the side and speaking to him in a whispered voice.

“So, what did it say?”

Clark shook his head.

“I don’t know. It must have been from the first guy who landed here – different dialect or something.”

“You serious?”

Clark nodded and shoved his hands into his pockets.

“Damn. I hope it’s nothing bad.”

Clark chuckled and lightly slapped his hand on Pete’s back.

“How can it be bad, Pete? Lana’s right. It’s probably just a piece of jewelry.”

TBC…
    Last edited by lexie; 8th June 2015 at 01:54.

Yes, I am that Fabulous Senior Member tigerbaby's Avatar
    OMG, I love it!!!

I can just imagine the mayhem that is going to enuse :biggrin:

just wondering

‘No, I’d like something close to what I actually want this time,’ he thought
    this seems to be something that is pretty prevalent in fanfic. How did it come about that Lana was a terrible waitress. She can't be that bad, if the Talon is still in business could she?

7 comes on too strong
    THIS is brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! Your collection of fics, and your vast imagination and amazing creativity astounds me. I’ll always be welcoming of your new creations

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :biggrin: Yay!!! sounds fantastic already, and I wonder when Lex's wish it going to come true!! I mean, that was his 'Wish' wasn't it?

i can't wait to see how the wishes play out! :yay: :yay:

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Originally posted by tigerbaby@Sep 18 2003, 12:38 AM
    OMG, I love it!!!

I can just imagine the mayhem that is going to enuse :biggrin:

just wondering

‘No, I’d like something close to what I actually want this time,’ he thought
    this seems to be something that is pretty prevalent in fanfic. How did it come about that Lana was a terrible waitress. She can't be that bad, if the Talon is still in business could she?
    Aimee its because several episodes of seaon 1 she never got their orders right. Hence bad waitress and she still cant get it right in season 2.

Kris another classic . :clap:

Hope :chlexsign2:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

demoness
    : Oooh, cool fic! Be mad at you? Your fics always rock why would we be mad at you?!

Tandy

shailafter
    Just a Guest!
    hahaha be careful what you wish for! this fic is going to be hilarious.. can't wait for more!

NS Full Member
    I love it! :biggrin: I can't wait for Chloe's wish to come true. A mute Lana. What a wonderful world.

NS Senior Member Senior Member Béatrice's Avatar
    Lana without voice!!! GREAT!

Ican't wait for the continuation. :tongue:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information