+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Granted (R)

NS Full Member
    I already reviewed on ff.net but i thought i would review here too. I recon this is going to be such a great story. and completely hilarious :biggrin:

bored and dangerous Senior Member sabby's Avatar
    Sittin by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere...
    *snickers* Oh I can't wait for an update! This is gonna be soo good. I know it, now go get to it, I want more

hugs,
    Sabby

NS Full Member
    Smooth, very smooth.

No Lana speech - I can tell this is gonna be a great fic already

Already know I'm going to love this fic. :biggrin: I mean, a Lana with no voice, who could ever not love that?! Well, maybe Clark, but he's an idiot.
    Anywhoo, UPDATE!

sara_noele
    Just a Guest!
    Hey, Kris, if your muse needs a little humor I'm okay with that. Just update soon.

NS Full Member
    This is great! I can't wait for the wishes to start coming true. Clark is sooo self-centered, automatically assuming that Chloe wrote the article because of him. I can't wait to see how he feels when his wish comes true and she doesn't put up with his crap anymore.

Susan S

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    Pete began to awake early the next morning to a draft of cool air hitting his shins and feet, causing him to curl himself into a fetal position to warm himself and his eyes to shoot open wide open when he realized that there was much more of himself to warm.

“What the ---?” he trailed off, not completing his sentence as he leapt from the bed and almost went tumbling to the floor as he was unused to the size of his new body frame.

In shock and half-wondering if he was still dreaming, he carefully stepped over to the mirror hanging on the inside of his door, only to find that his reflection cut off far before he did.

A t-shirt and pair of sweatpants that had fit him well, if not a little loose, the night before, now clung tightly to his body. His shirt looked like a child’s shirt on him and the elastic leg cuffs of his pants now rested a little below his knees, uncomfortably tight and threatening to cut off his circulation if he didn’t shed the garment quickly.

“Oh man,” he mumbled, rubbing a hand down his face, pausing at his eyes to make sure he really was awake. “Oh, man!” he exclaimed giddily, a large smile lighting up his face.

He heard his brother Mark groan out a couple of exhausted curses from his bed in the room they shared and he rushed over to shake him.

“Mark! Hey Mark! Wake up!”

The older boy pulled away a little, his cursing growing louder until he started to open his eyes because of Pete’s actions.

“Would you knock it off?! You’re gonna leave bruises or something, man,” Mark commented, his eyes growing comically large when he saw his brother looming over him. “Whoa! What the fuck?!” he yelled, scrambling out of his bed and backing away from Pete. “I don’t know who you are, but my mom’s a judge and you’ll never get away with ---”

Pete looked at Mark like he was crazy.

“How much did you have to drink last night?” Pete asked. Mark shook his head.

“Nothing – I swear – honest,” he rambled.

“Uh-huh,” Pete said, unconvinced. “And that’s why you don’t recognize me.”

“I don’t recognize you because I don’t know you, *freak*,” Mark retorted, immediately wincing after making the statement and offering Pete an apologetic look. “Hey, no offense. Don’t kill me or anything, okay?”

“Yeah, cuz mom wouldn’t flip out if I did that,” Pete said sarcastically.

Mark furrowed his brow. The voice seemed so familiar and his face, though it wasn’t round and covered with baby fat, almost looked like…

“Pete?” Mark asked in disbelief.

Pete smirked, folded his arms across his chest, and rocked back and forth on the balls of his feet.

“Growth spurt,” he said proudly. “Pretty cool, huh?”

Mark shook his head to clear the image, but Pete was still there.

“Yeah, really cool,” Mark replied in a snide tone after he got a better look at his brother. “All you need to do is paint yourself green and you could pass for the Incredible Hulk.”

Pete frowned as he glanced down at his ill-fitting clothing.

Not only had he grown over a foot in height, but his muscles that had only been toned when he went to bed the previous night were now threatening to rip through the material of his shirt and pants.

He sheepishly looked back up at his brother.

“Think I can weasel some money out of mom and dad for new clothes?” he asked.

Mark snorted.

“You wish,” he said, climbing back into his bed and snuggling under the covers so he could ignore his brother.

Pete’s pouting look turned into an expression of realization.

“Oh man,” he half-whispered to himself. He shook his head lightly and walked toward the phone. “I have to call Chloe.”

He heard his brother snicker from underneath the blankets.

“Unless you grew *everywhere*, then she’s not gonna care, dude.”

Pete narrowed his eyes scathingly at his brother’s remark, but then he couldn’t help his curiosity over what Mark had just brought up.

Glancing to make sure that Mark was completely covered by the sheets on his bed, Pete slowly pulled the elastic waistband of his sweatpants out, the corners of his lips curling upward into an ecstatic smile when he saw what lay beneath the fabric.

~*~*~*~

Chloe groaned and slapped her hand out from underneath the blankets of her bed to grab the ringing phone that dared to interrupt her sleep on a Saturday morning.

“Hello?” she answered tiredly.

“Chloe! Chloe!” Pete said in loud excitement, causing Chloe to hold the phone away from her ear.

“Pete,” she croaked out. “Do you have any idea what time it is?”

“I know,” he said. “But you’re never going to believe what’s happened!”

Chloe closed her eyes and let another displeasured groan slip by her lips.

“Unless you finally lost your virginity to Erica Miles, then there’s no valid excuse for calling me and waking me up at five o’clock on a Saturday morning,” she said.

Pete rolled his eyes.

“Chloe!” he said again in aggravation. “Just listen to me!”

“Fine, fine – I’m listening,” she said, opening her eyes to stare at the ceiling so she wouldn’t fall asleep while talking to him. “What is it?”

“You know that thing Lex had in the Talon the other day?”

“Ye-ah,” Chloe strung out as she started to sit up, her interest now officially piqued.

“I know what it does,” Pete said.

“What?! How?!” she practically yelled, flopping her feet onto the floor to walk over to her computer and turn it on.

“Well, without going into too many details ---”

“Pete,” she cut in, “I’m a reporter. I *live* for details.”

Pete chuckled.

“Okay, okay. So, when I was holding the --- did we ever decide what it was?”

“Doesn’t matter. Just get to the point. What does it do?”

“It grants wishes,” he said in a hushed voice, his eyes darting over to his brother and smiling when he heard the gentle snoring coming from underneath the covers.

Chloe grumbled something under her breath and then rolled her eyes.

“What have I told you about playing practical jokes on me, Pete?”

“No – Chlo, I’m totally serious.”

“Uh-huh.”

“I am,” he said. “When I was holding it, I wished that I could be buff *and* tall and ta-da! Here I am.”

“There you are,” Chloe agreed. “What have you been smoking delusionary boy?” Pete made a whining sound and Chloe chuckled. “Okay, so – what? You grew a couple of inches? They’re called growth spurts, Pete and they’re completely normal at our age.”

“Try thirteen inches,” he said.

“What?”

“*Thirteen inches*,” he repeated. “I’m taller than Clark.”

“You’re sure you haven’t been smoking something?”

“Chloe ---”

“Fine. Okay, that’s great,” Chloe said. “But why are you calling me about it? Why not call Clark, who’s probably already up for chores?”

“I need you to go clothes shopping with me,” Pete admitted in embarrassment.

Chloe’s eyebrows rose. Pete *wanted* to go shopping? It seemed completely unfathomable unless…

“You grew thirteen inches?!”

“That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you,” Pete said. “And the buff part of the wish worked too. Mark didn’t even recognize me at first.” A broad smile beamed across his lips. “The coach is totally gonna put me on the starting list when he sees me.”

“Wow. That’s really…wow,” Chloe said.

“So, don’t suppose you wished for world peace or anything like that, did you?”

Chloe tried to recall her thoughts from the previous day, but her mind was still foggy from just getting up.

“I don’t remember,” she admitted.

“That’s cool. It’s not like there’s any way we could have known. You know?”

“Yeah.”

“So, what time do you want to get together?” Pete asked.

Chloe glanced over at her digital alarm clock, frowning when she realized that she was never going to be able to get back to sleep now.

“The factory outlet mall outside of town doesn’t open until ten, so how about I pick you up around nine-thirty?”

“Sounds good. See you then.”

Chloe hung up her phone and clicked on the mouse to open the documents she had scanned regarding the old mine shafts. If what Pete said was true, then she might finally have proof that all the weird things that happened in Smallville weren’t just part of her overactive imagination.

~*~*~*~

Hours later, Chloe found herself in a surprisingly chipper mood. It was if her conversation with Pete had magically wiped away any negative feelings that had been haunting her for the last year.

Opening the front door to leave, she almost ran directly into Clark, who was standing there with his finger raised to ring the doorbell.

“Lana! Clark’s here!” she yelled back toward the staircase.

Clark looked stunned and even a little hurt.

“Chloe?” he asked suspiciously, wondering if she was just giving him the cold treatment again.

“Don’t suppose you could move to the side so I can get past you?” she asked, motioning with her hand for him to step aside to give her room.

Clark narrowed his eyes at her.

“What’s going on?”

“Well, I have plans,” she said slowly, talking to him like he was a child. “And you’re in the way, preventing me from getting to said plans.”

“No, I meant ---”

‘What the hell does Lana see in this guy?’ she wondered, something clicking in her mind right after she thought it. ‘Oh…my…God…I don’t like him anymore!’

It was a strange sensation, recognizing the young man she had a crush on for several years, but having no feelings for him one way or another – besides annoyance for him taking up most of the space in the doorway.

“You meant?” she asked, inserting an expectant tone into her voice.

Clark opened and closed his mouth a few times and Chloe rolled her eyes, thankful for the fact that Lana finally started coming down the stairs and Clark’s attention was temporarily drawn away from her.

Clark unwittingly stepped into the house and Chloe was able to move past him.

“Bye Lana,” she said, turning around to wave at her. “I’ll be back later.”

Lana looked confused, but she grinned and nodded, offering Chloe a small wave of her own.

Opening her mouth to say hi to Clark, Lana was horrified to find that she had no voice whatsoever, not even a whisper.

Clark frowned, too wrapped up in his thoughts about how Chloe had treated him so aloofly to notice that Lana hadn’t said anything.

“What was that about?” he asked. “I thought Chloe liked me. Why would she just tell you I was here and then leave without even seeming upset about it? It doesn’t make any sense.”

Lana’s brow crinkled. Clark was talking openly about Chloe? He never talked about his feelings about Chloe – especially not to her. If he was going to start spilling his feelings, Lana wanted it to be about her - about *them*, not about Chloe.

A shiver went through her body when she remembered holding the relic and wishing that Clark would start to spill all his feelings and secrets to her.

‘Oh, my God,’ she thought. ‘That couldn’t be it, could it?’

Lana pouted, hoping that she was wrong and that Clark was just in some kind of weird mood. He’d undoubtedly get the point and move onto a different subject.

But instead, Clark just frowned down at her.

“Why do you do that?” he asked. “Sometimes I feel like you’re *trying* to make me feel bad. I have feelings too, you know?”

Lana’s gut clenched.

Clark Kent finally telling her *all* of his feelings, whether they were about her or not, and all of his secrets, and she had no way of commenting or defending herself.

This was bad. This was very bad.

TBC...

Yes, I am that Fabulous Senior Member tigerbaby's Avatar
    OMG, can I just say how much I loved this chapter?

“Oh man,” he half-whispered to himself. He shook his head lightly and walked toward the phone. “I have to call Chloe.”

He heard his brother snicker from underneath the blankets.

“Unless you grew *everywhere*, then she’s not gonna care, dude.”

Glancing to make sure that Mark was completely covered by the sheets on his bed, Pete slowly pulled the elastic waistband of his sweatpants out, the corners of his lips curling upward into an ecstatic smile when he saw what lay beneath the fabric.
    I just absolutely loved this bit. And can I say THANK GOD Chloe can put Clark behind her now.

And as for Lana, be careful what you wish for, you might just get it. Mwahahahaha.

:blush: Sorry, I'm just imagining all the things Clark could say to her and she can't defend herself. hee hee.

NS Full Member
    No actually, this is good, very good, excellent even.

Hehe, *all* of Clark&#39;s feelings. Hope your not planning to torture us, Kris. <bg>

Loved the new Clark-less Chloe, goes to show just how much of a burden Clark is on her.

As to Pete, I have a feeling he shouldn&#39;t be so quick to be happy about his new found size, especially after the freak reaction he got from his brother.

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    clol: oh fabulous&#33;&#33; just fantasic&#33;&#33;&#33; I cant wait for the next installment&#33;

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information