+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Granted (R)

sara_noele
    Just a Guest!
    Gah, loved it, want more. NEED MORE! NOW!

Fic Tease Senior Member Blaire023's Avatar
    Nope, not bad at all.

~B :

Ah! That was great! Lex being possessive- and then Chloe thinking maybe his being in love w/ her isn't a bad thing. *Sigh* If only I could be in her shoes.

Ooh, so wonderful! And yeah, I'm sure Chloe doesn't mind having Lex think he's in love with her, hehe. I'm hoping that when Clark took off from the caves he wasn't going to ruin the Chlex night of clubbing.

Please update soon!

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    A/N: My sincerest apologies for the lack of any Chlex interaction in this chapter. The story required a Clark/Pete confrontation and rather than just allude to it like I was really tempted to do, I felt it made for a better story to include it. On the other hand, there are some good lines, so you might not want to skip it entirely. *smile*

~*~*~*~

Clark hesitated as he held his finger out to press the doorbell on the Sullivan home. Retrieving the ‘wishing stone’ from the lab had been relatively easy; he just hoped that Lex wouldn’t be too upset with a couple of broken doors and a melted security system.

He also hoped that Chloe’s dad wouldn’t yell at him for coming to the house so late at night, but an imaginary image of Lana and Pete making out flit into his mind and was all he needed to bolster the confidence to face Mr. Sullivan’s wrath.

He pushed on the doorbell and his eyes threatened to pop out of his head when he saw the young black man who answered the door.

“P-Pete?”

Pete raised his hand for a tiny, guilty wave. He hadn’t doubted that Chloe would tell Clark about him and Lana, but he was moderately surprised that she had taken so long to do it.

“Hey,” he said, keeping his voice just slightly below his normal speaking level.

Clark’s mouth opened and closed a couple of times in shock.

“Chloe told me, but ---”

“Ye-ah,” Pete strung out. “About that ---”

“I bet your dad was happy.”

Pete blinked and then nodded when he finally realized what Clark was talking about.

“Yeah – you should have seen him,” he declared with a proud smile.

“Wow,” Clark said, shaking his head in disbelief.

“Yeah,” Pete said again, this time almost blandly as the corners of his mouth were already turning down with the realization that he was going to have to bring up the inevitable subject of what he had done with Lana. “Listen…Clark…”

Clark frowned. The image he had in his mind of Pete and Lana together would need to be altered to an even more unsettling one. Lana making out with Pete was one thing; Lana making out with a considerably taller and more muscular Pete was another.

It was disturbing and Clark suddenly felt a rush of emotions flow through him; the primary ones being jealousy and insecurity.

“So…” he started, shoving his hands into his pockets and glancing down at the ground as he tried to summon the words he wanted to say. Everything that immediately sprang to mind would be too harsh and he couldn’t risk Pete slamming the door closed in his face. “Oh! I found out how to reverse the wishes,” he said, desperately hoping that he could talk both Pete and Lana into negating their wishes now.

If Lana was indeed attracted to Pete’s new body, then she would likely stay attracted after everyone else’s wishes were undone. He himself had already taken back his wish about Chloe having no feelings for him whatsoever, and was anxious to get his encounter with Pete and Lana out of the way so he could get to Metropolis and find out whether it had already worked or not.

He realized that though he had been lost in his thoughts, Pete had yet to speak. He looked over from where his gaze had been darting around to see his friend staring at him with a blank expression on his face.

“Why would I want to reverse my wish?” Pete asked incredulously.

“Uh…well…I was actually thinking more about Lana,” Clark partially lied. “I think she wished that I’d tell her all my secrets, because ---”

“Oh, man. You didn’t.”

“Er…yeah.”

Pete groaned.

“How could you do that, Clark? Are you trying to make the government come after you?”

“No, but I ---”

“Dang. No wonder Lana was trying to look up the FBI’s website.”

Clark paled.

“What?” he croaked out.

“You’re just lucky she’s completely inept with computers – and that she lost her voice so she couldn’t just call them.”

Clark glared at him.

“Nice way to talk about someone you were making out with earlier today,” he bit.

“Hey! I’m not the one who told her what you really are,” Pete shot back.

“You don’t understand Pete. It was like I couldn’t control what I was saying around her. I didn’t have a choice!” Clark snapped.

“And I *did*?” Pete asked.

“Uh…ye-ah,” Clark strung out bitterly.

“No way. She practically attacked me she was throwing herself at me so hard.”

“Yeah, and it’s not like you’re three times her size or anything, so there was no way you could have possibly fought her off,” Clark said, his voice laced with heavy sarcasm.

“Whatever.”

Silence descended upon them and Clark shuffled his feet.

“So, I guess I can’t talk you into unwishing what you wished for.”

Pete scoffed.

“No,” he answered with a humored grin.

Clark sighed knowingly.

“Well…then can you go get Lana so she can reverse hers? If she’s as freaked out as you say, then she shouldn’t have a problem with it.”

“Dude – she’s asleep already.”

Clark blinked and then stared at his friend in confusion.

“Then why are you still here?”

Pete frowned.

“I’m waiting up for Chloe. She walked in on --- I guess she already told you since you knew about me and Lana.”

“Yeah.”

“Yeah, well, Chloe was *pissed* and just left,” Pete said. “Lana and I tried looking for her when she didn’t come home after about an hour – you know, to give her some cooling off time first – but we couldn’t find her.” Clark frowned deeply and panic began to well in Pete’s throat. “Uh-oh. What’s going on? She wasn’t hurt or anything, was she? Damn. I can’t believe this. I don’t even *like* Lana and now Chloe’s hurt because ---”

“She’s in Metropolis,” Clark cut in.

“Oh,” Pete said, pausing only a second before grimacing. “Damn it! She’s gonna be in an even worse mood if she spends the night with her cousin. Have you met her? That girl is *seriously* disturbed.”

“She’s with Lex.”

It was Pete turn to blink.

“What?”

“Chloe’s with Lex. He’s in lo---” Clark paused and took a breath. “His wish was that he’d find and fall in love with one woman who didn’t want him for his money, and ---”

Pete snorted.

“Yeah, cuz’ *that’ll* happen,” he said with amused sarcasm.

Clark gave him a tight grin.

“It’s *already* happened.”

Pete furrowed his brow, but then his eyebrows shot up to his scalp as the realization of what Clark was saying dawned on him.

“He’s in love with Chloe?!” he yelled.

“Shh,” Clark said, his eyes darting up to the staircase in fear that Pete had woken up Lana or Chloe’s dad.

Pete didn’t seem concerned about it, as his entire angry focus was on what Clark had just told him.

“Let me get this straight. Luthor’s in love with Chloe?” he asked, his nostrils flaring at the thought.

“Ye-s,” Clark strung out carefully. “But it’s not like she likes him back.”

“Then what’s she doing in Metropolis with him?” Pete countered.

“Uh…well…” Clark said, running a hand around the back of his neck. He had been wondering the same thing himself, and therefore didn’t have an answer to the question. Luckily he ended up not needing one, as Pete continued with his rant.

“And what are *you* doing *here*, bugging me about changing *my* wish, when Chloe’s in trouble?”

Clark opened his mouth to speak, but quickly shut it with an embarrassed smile.

“You were closer?” he offered lamely.

Pete glared at him.

“You were jealous,” he said pointedly. “Chloe told you about me and Lana and because you’re obsessed with her – for reasons I *still* can’t figure out – that’s all you could think about.” He stopped and shook his head. “No offense, Clark, but you need help. The psychiatric kind.”

“Pete ---”

“Chloe is your *friend*, Clark. Your friend who, unlike Lana, would probably be totally cool with finding out you’re an alien. And you ---”

“She knows,” Clark interrupted, too wrapped up in his own thoughts to even notice that Pete was going to continue speaking. Seeing Pete’s arched eyebrow, Clark cast his eyes to the ground once again. “Chloe knows I’m an alien. She told me earlier.”

“Did she freak out?”

“No. She seemed really…like she didn’t even care. She said she had known for a long time and hadn’t told anyone because that’s what friends do,” Clark said guiltily.

“And you repay that friendship by letting Lex Luthor take her to Metropolis,” Pete scolded.

“No ---” Clark paused and took a breath. “I already unwished my wish, Pete. It might take a little while to go into effect, but --- it’s not like Lex would do anything. She’s totally safe.”

Pete folded his arms across his chest.

“What was your wish?” he asked, still unconvinced that Chloe wasn’t in any danger.

“That Chloe wouldn’t have any feelings for me anymore,” Clark answered, his voice lined with a modicum of shame.

“And you unwishing that is going to help…how exactly?”

“Because…you know…she won’t do anything with him,” Clark said. Pete arched an eyebrow. “Because she likes me,” Clark clarified.

“Yeah – as a *friend*.”

“*More* than a friend,” Clark protested.

Pete shook his head.

“No, man. She hasn’t liked you as more than a friend for a long time now. Not since you decided to let Kal take over that one summer.”

Clark appeared crestfallen.

“She hasn’t?” he asked in disbelief.

“No.”

“But ---”

“No.”

“Oh,” Clark said. “Well, I still don’t think Lex would hurt her. He may have his bad points, but he’s not like that.”

“Hurt her? No. Seduce her…”

Clark’s stomach twisted.

“I…have to go.”

TBC...

*pounces*

Hee hee! This was great. I especially enjoyed the

“She hasn’t?” he asked in disbelief.

“No.”

“But ---”

“No.”
    part. ^_^ Tres funny. Bravo! Ok, now I have to make an intensely difficult decision. I feel like Sophie.

YAY! *dances* Ok, we'll forgive you for the Clark Pete scene as it does fill in some important areas of the fic. That being said...

..take us to Metropolis to see Chloe and Lex!!

*grins*

see spot snark Senior Member happy bunny's Avatar
    Woohoo! An update! And a great one, at that. I can definitely forgive the lack of Chlex in this chappy, just because of how good the Clark/Pete interaction was.

Can't wait to see what's going on with Chloe and Lex in Metropolis, and I swear, if Clunk interrupts Lex's seduction of Chloe I'm going to be very upset. *mutters something about stupid farmboys and bad timing*

Miss Innocent-Or? 2005 Senior Member ColumbiaBlue's Avatar
    Can I just reiterate how much I:heartete? He's such a cutie! Why can't he be like this on the show? So there wasn't any Chlex interaction in this chapter, our little Petey more than made up for it! Not saying that we don't want Chlex in the next chapter, mind you.

And as for Clark...:nobad: WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COW POOP LITTLE MAN!!! You ditched Chloe at the dance, treated her like your own personal Google, and then go *APESHIT* on her in Metropolis... and you *really* think she's still gonna like you? Pete's right. You need psychological help. We're talking *serious* therapy here.

This keeps getting better and better! Can't wait for your next update!!! :dance:

~Manda :

BlushingRose
    Just a Guest!
    Yay! You updated! :yay:

And I'm impressed, Kris...knowing how you feel about Clark, you managed to write him in a way that didn't portray him as a total idiot, LOL.

Did anyone *really* think that Pete would reverse his wish? As for Lana...what&#39;s the point? Does reversing it mean she&#39;ll forget what Clark has already told her? I don&#39;t think there are any secrets left for him to reveal. Chloe...well, a week of silent Lana is probably the best week she&#39;s had since the Pink Princess moved into her guest bedroom. And Lex...duh&#33; Fall in love with a woman who doesn&#39;t want anything from you except your sexy bod? <snort> That&#39;s a no-brainer if I ever heard one.

So, the only thing I see coming out of this is that Clark and Chloe regain their friendship (hopefully Chloe won&#39;t let him use her as a doormat any more ). For the rest, there&#39;s no way they&#39;ll want to reverse their wishes, or reversing them really isn&#39;t going to make a lot of difference in what comes next...

Kris, I love this story...well, I love just about everything you&#39;ve written <smile>. I know your muse has been on hiatus, and I hope this is a good sign that he/she has returned??

RA

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information