Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: N-S Music Video Awards 2009

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

N-S Music Video Awards 2009

Most of you have probably already noticed this news on the various N-S channels, but if you haven't; N-S is holding an award show for all the awesome Chlex videos out there!

It will be an award show very similar to the fanfiction awards, only directed at the music videos created by fellow Chlex fans.

There will be a nomination period where you submit your nominees in different categories. Then there will be two voting periods - one where you vote for the top 5 slate, and then the final voting period where you will vote for the winner in each category.

Website

The website for the N-S Music Video Awards 2009 has been up a couple of days now, as it was revealed on our Twitter page first. The website address is http://network.naughty-seduction.net/mva/09/ and this is where all the action will happen!

Nomination Categories

The nomination categories have been available on the N-S Music Video Awards 2009 website for a few days now, but here's a quick listing of the nomination categories.
    • Best All-Over Music Video
    • Best Chloe Centric Video
    • Best Choice Of Music
    • Best Cut
    • Best Editing Skills
    • Best Fanfiction Based Video
    • Best Lex Centric Video
    • Best Music Video Maker
    • Best Special Effects
    • Best Story
    • Best Use Of Clips

Have I missed any important categories you would like to have included, let me know!

Nomination Rules

Anyone (even non N-S members) can nominate videos, but in order to be able to vote you have to be an N-S member (because you will have to log in to be able to vote). I think there are a lot of awesome videos out there that should get some recognition! And also this way we N-Sers can discover new videos outside our little corner!

There are a few other rules on the N-S Music Video Awards 2009 website that you should check out before you start nominating your favourites!

But enough talk about rules and all that boring stuff! When is this all going down??

Nomination Period

The nomination period will begin at October 1st 2009 for N-S members and October 5th 2009 for non N-S members, meaning N-S members will get to nominate first!

The nomination period will last until October 15th 2009.

Voting Periods

The first voting period which will display the top five slate will be from October 15th-16th until October 23rd.

The second and final voting period which will announce the winners will be from October 23rd/24th until October 30th.

The winners will be announced around October 31st.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask either in this thread or by sending me a private message!
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Julie's Soul Sister

Re: N-S Music Video Awards 2009

That's awesome... But I have a question...

There are many videos, but I think some cool videos have been removed with time (music rights on YouTube for example)

How do we know which videos are from NS members? (Do we just look through the section here? And what do we do when some have been deleted and we knew they were awesome?)

Maybe it's easy to answer and because I had 2 night classes in a row with work and stuff, it's probably more simple than I imagined, lol

ETA: And I realized my question was a little 'dumb', in the way that's its only nominations, s then we can watch them (easily lets hope), but I guess I'm concerned for videos that YouTube has killed because of copyrights (like I have some I think from NS members.. though not sure on there but not sure the links still work)...

Ok.. I think I should shut up now before sunding even more confusing... lol

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

I´d like to thank Julie for offering me the chance to give her and the whole staff a hand with the organisation of this event.

Well, I´ve launched the pimping campaign posting the announcement on my LJ and five communities- there´ll be a sixth in a week- as well as on two MR/SV forums which have a spam section. In addition, I sent PMs to several vidders and people I know on YouTube and posted the news in several groups on SVTube.

I hope you´ll all give us a hand to spread the word amongst fans of Lex, Chloe and Chlex. The more the merrier!

If you have any ideas to aid us in the promotion, feel free to PM me.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Just realised you´ve edited your previous post after I answered, so here are some details, which I hope will make things clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by MelBee1985 View Post
    That's awesome... But I have a question...

There are many videos, but I think some cool videos have been removed with time (music rights on YouTube for example)
    That´s true, Mel. Fortunately, some vidders have posted their work on more than one site or are reposting it on Mindy´s site, to mention just one.

Only videos with working links will be accepted. They can be videos that are hosted here , on any service similar to YouTube or on personal websites. If you can´t provide the link to the video, you can copy and paste the URL of the page where it can be easily located.

How do we know which videos are from NS members? (Do we just look through the section here? And what do we do when some have been deleted and we knew they were awesome?)
    Videos from both members and non-members are eligible to get nominated. The second part of your question´s been answered above (unless Julie suggests something to the contrary)

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

I´ve just reposted this anouncement on the same communities and blogs I did last week.

I hope you´ll all help us spread the word.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    I´ve just reposted this anouncement on the same communities and blogs I did last week.

I hope you´ll all help us spread the word.
    Awesome, thanks for helping me out!
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

NS Senior Member Senior Member

So I did a broadcast message over SmallvilleTube announcing the awards, giving the site address and then telling people if they have questions to ask Julie and Lexie.
    Last edited by westwingwolf; 26th September 2009 at 12:37.

Thanks for the helping hand, Mindy.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Awesome, thanks Mindy!

Have you drafted your list of favourites yet? Take advantage of your Sunday and start surfing the net in search of working links to submit your nominations starting on October 1st and closing on Oct 15th for us members.

Check out Julie´s first post in this thread for more information.
    Last edited by lexie; 27th September 2009 at 07:53.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Thread Information