Thread: N-S Music Video Awards 2009

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Re: N-S Music Video Awards 2009

Yep, Julie, that answered it.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MelBee1985 View Post
    Hey Julie!

I was wondering what was the difference 'Best Video Maker' and 'Best Editing Skills'.. and even 'Best Cut'... it looks awfully close to me to each other lol Just want to be sure so I can vote properly
    'Best Video Maker' is a more general category. Iīd say you should take everything into account: from the choice of clips to the soundtrack, from the originality of the plot to the use of transitions and effects.

Best Cut has more to do with the shifting from close-ups to long shots and the ability to keep continuity so that there are no "jumps".

Best Editing Skills has to do with the way the vidder puts all the images together and blends them with the use of filters, transitions and effects.
    Last edited by lexie; 1st October 2009 at 08:11.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MelBee1985 View Post
    Hey Julie!

I was wondering what was the difference 'Best Video Maker' and 'Best Editing Skills'.. and even 'Best Cut'... it looks awfully close to me to each other lol Just want to be sure so I can vote properly
    Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    'Best Video Maker' is a more general category. Iīd say you should take everything into account: from the choice of clips to the soundtrack, from the originality of the plot to the use of transitions and effects.

Best Cut has more to do with the shifting from close-ups to long shots and the ability to keep continuity so that there are no "jumps".

Best Editing Skills has to do with the way the vidder puts all the images together and blends them with the use of filters, transitions and effects.
    Lexie answered that question Mel
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Just a thought but wouldn't the Best All-Over Music Video category be easier to establish if it just took in every video nominated so that people don't have to remember to nominate something twice, and Best Music Video Maker be a list of all videomakers who were nominated because it's more of a combination of their videos as to what makes them the best then just one specific video.

Quote Originally Posted by westwingwolf View Post
    Just a thought but wouldn't the Best All-Over Music Video category be easier to establish if it just took in every video nominated so that people don't have to remember to nominate something twice, and Best Music Video Maker be a list of all videomakers who were nominated because it's more of a combination of their videos as to what makes them the best then just one specific video.
    That makes sense Mindy, thanks for your feedback! I've made some changes to the script now to reflect this idea

Guys, if you have any ideas, don't hesitate to tell me! Either here or via PM, I won't bite your heads off
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Some changes have been made:

The nominate form appears after hitting submit, - no more scrolling down and clicking on the nominate link again. Just fill out the form again, and hit submit, again and again and again...

The nomination category Best Editing Skills was meant to be for video makers, not individual videos. I understand the misunderstanding, and have now cleared up that category and hopefully made it easier to understand. The previously nominated videos and their makers have been re-nominated, so no need to re-nominate them yourselves

Guys, if there's anything that is unclear or difficult with the site, just let me know! I made this script from the first letter, so I'm completely blind on what's difficult or not on the usage of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    The nominate form appears after hitting submit, - no more scrolling down and clicking on the nominate link again. Just fill out the form again, and hit submit, again and again and again...
    Thatīs great. I had to keep pressing my back button on the browser over and over again to submit every new nominee, which was much simpler than going back to the navigation bar. And, considering I entered around eighty, it was a bit of a nightmare.

Hopefully, others will learn from our mistakes.
    Last edited by lexie; 3rd October 2009 at 22:39.

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Thatīs great. I had to keep pressing my back button on the browser over and over again to submit every new nominee, which was much simpler than going back to the navigation bar. And, considering I entered around eighty, it was a bit of a nightmare.

Hopefully, others will learn from our mistakes.
    Hehe, yeah, I know it takes time The next time I host an award show of this size again (i.e. next fanfiction awards or music video awards) I'm going to figure out how to process a form where the user can enter the details then just check check boxes for the categories they want to nominate in

I just don't know how... yet.... lol! Now that I'm done with school, and only have a part time job I have a lot more time on my hands

*PHP mode *

Just to let you know becky's 'Only Me' is on the Best Cut Video twice with only a slight difference in capitalization.

Thanks, Mindy, Iīve just fixed it.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Thread Information