Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: N-S Music Video Awards 2009

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Re: N-S Music Video Awards 2009

When nominating, is the nomination for video categories across the board or do we have to specifically nominate So-and-So's video 'Random Title' for say Best Editing and then Best Special Effects and so on and so forth?

My YouTube account got suspended yesterday for some copyright violation crap! Thank goodness for SmallvilleTube - better make an effort to repost all my SV vids over there fast, before the nominations begin!

Julie's Soul Sister

Yeah I received an email from YouTube saying one of my video had been removed. Sigh I HATE YouTube now...

I love SVTube, but is it only me or the the videos are always a little slow whe ni play them? Like lagging or something... Which sucks if you want to really appreaciate a video...

if it wasn't a problem of money or space, I'd so suggest Julie to allow us to post our videos here

ETA: There is a music video directory... Why don,t we all put them there so it would be easier if most of the NS members videos are here, no?
    Last edited by MelBee1985; 29th September 2009 at 18:37.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westwingwolf View Post
    When nominating, is the nomination for video categories across the board or do we have to specifically nominate So-and-So's video 'Random Title' for say Best Editing and then Best Special Effects and so on and so forth?

Mindy, we´ll have to wait for Julie to clarify this because she´s the one who prepared the software for the event. I´ve just checked the administration control panel for the site but couldn´t find the necessary information to give you a definite answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    My YouTube account got suspended yesterday for some copyright violation crap! Thank goodness for SmallvilleTube - better make an effort to repost all my SV vids over there fast, before the nominations begin!
    Oh, YouTube sucks big time! Sometimes it even deletes the sound or the whole video because the title´s similar to the name of a song or a band that is protected by copyright.

Quote Originally Posted by MelBee1985 View Post
    I love SVTube, but is it only me or the the videos are always a little slow whe ni play them? Like lagging or something... Which sucks if you want to really appreaciate a video...
    You always have to give the buffer time to upload by pressing "pause" as soon as you click to open the file. What I found out works is to use the option that allows to play the video in a another window- it loads faster and the vid plays smoothly.

if it wasn't a problem of money or space, I'd so suggest Julie to allow us to post our videos here

ETA: There is a music video directory... Why don,t we all put them there so it would be easier if most of the NS members videos are here, no?
    Yes, you can certainly make your videos available here. The directory that Julie created a few months ago lets you copy and paste the URLs of your works to play them without leaving NS. In other words, the forums don´t host the videos ; you´ll simply have to open an account elsewhere. I suggest using Megavideo (it works fine and is free) because the codes of SVTube aren´t admitted by the forums´ software.

Once you´ve uploaded them to Megavideo, you can post the links here:
    NS VIDEO DIRECTORY
    Last edited by lexie; 29th September 2009 at 19:12.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Julie's Soul Sister

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    You always have to give the buffer time to upload by pressing "pause" as soon as you click to open the file. What I found out works is to use the option that allows to play the video in a another window- it loads faster and the vid plays smoothly.
    lol Yeah thanks for the info, but I do know what is a buffer and how to usually make videos works fine.. I always had the trouble with SV Tube to get them play smooth, whatever I do and how long I wait...

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Others have spoken about problems on SVTube either with uploading or playing but I never experienced any problems. I don't know if it is certain computers or I just happen to be more patient and therefore don't notice the time...though the patient thing really doesn't sound like me. I'm sorry I'm not that knowledgeable on the operations in order to tell you had to get it to work better.

I use Megavideo and it uploads the videos on here but it doesn't seem to acknowledge that I uploaded videos on my Megavideo account. Oh well as long as they show up somewhere.
    Last edited by westwingwolf; 29th September 2009 at 19:47.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MelBee1985 View Post
    lol Yeah thanks for the info, but I do know what is a buffer and how to usually make videos works fine.. I always had the trouble with SV Tube to get them play smooth, whatever I do and how long I wait...
    I thought you knew that, of course, but that maybe you´d never tried out playing the vid in a separate window.

Others have spoken about problems on SVTube either with uploading or playing but I never experienced any problems. I don't know if it is certain computers or I just happen to be more patient and therefore don't notice the time...though the patient thing really doesn't sound like me. I'm sorry I'm not that knowledgeable on the operations in order to tell you had to get it to work better.
    What usually affects playback is the memory you´re using at the time. The more windows you´ve got open the slower the video will upload or the jumpier playback will be.

I use Megavideo and it uploads the videos on here but it doesn't seem to acknowledge that I uploaded videos on my Megavideo account. Oh well as long as they show up somewhere.
    The same happens to me. According to my account, I haven´t uploaded any videos so far- go figure. Besides, the account´s supposed to work in combination with your Megaupload account if you happen to have one- which I do. Since I have a Megaupload account I wasn´t supposed to reupload the videos but just paste the URLs for them to play on Megavideo- it didnñt work that way. Maybe paid accounts are different.
    Last edited by lexie; 29th September 2009 at 20:00.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

I'm surprised I haven't gotten suspended on youtube, but they just delete the sound or something on mine. Some of the more obscure artists and other genres (country) have just put ads for the songs on the vid. Makes more sense...they get airplay and an ad.

Anyway, I spent last night getting videos up on megavideo to put in the video directory here and also more vids on SVtube. Hopefully I didn't miss any. I lost track.

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but when nominating, it's like how the process was for the fanfiction awards. You fill out the form and choose a category, and hit send. Then if you want to nominate the video in several categories you'll have to fill out and submit the form again.

Did that answer your question?
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Julie's Soul Sister

Hey Julie!

I was wondering what was the difference 'Best Video Maker' and 'Best Editing Skills'.. and even 'Best Cut'... it looks awfully close to me to each other lol Just want to be sure so I can vote properly

Thread Information