• Story Seven

2 4.88%
  • Story Eight

4 9.76%
  • Story Nine

2 4.88%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Fanfiction Challenge #3 - "Kidnapped!" - August 2009 - Winner: lexie

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!

Re: Monthly Fanfic Challenge - #3 August 2009 - "Kidnapped!"

Quote Originally Posted by skauble View Post

4) I'll be your best friend.
    You're going to assassinate my dog and take his place! EVIL!

But I already voted, so I guess there is no escape.
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

Sorry for posting this late. I was medicated today and no one wants to see me posting under the influence. lol

This months winner is story number four which was written by lexie!!!

Congratulations lexie!

(We need a confetti graphic here lol)

Great work, guys, to everyone who participated. Thanks so much and to all of those who voted, also!

The new challenge should be up tomorrow, so check back to this section for that and it's been another fantastic challenge everyone - you all deserve a pat on the back for helping to make this the fun community that it is.

~Sarah~

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Congratulations lexie!

Quote Originally Posted by skauble View Post
    (We need a confetti graphic here lol)
    I agree! Someone send me one and I'll be happy to add it
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Re: Monthly Fanfiction Challenge #3 - "Kidnapped!" - August 2009 - Winner: lexie

Thank you, girls. Two months in a row! Wow! To think I thought I wouldn´t come up with any ideas in time. Fortunately, my muse woke up five days before the deadline.

Congrats to all those who participated this time- both writers and voters. A special thank you to those that helped me win again.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

Re: Monthly Fanfiction Challenge #3 - "Kidnapped!" - August 2009 - Winner: lexie

Congratulations Guille
    Malu

Quote Originally Posted by malugargula View Post
    Congratulations Guille
    Thanks a lot, Malu.

Quote Originally Posted by westwingwolf View Post
    This was seriously the hardest challenge to pick from, they were all so great. Well done everyone!

Story Four: I liked the use of the poems and have always loved the story of Persephone, plus I loved that you used Chloe actually going to Lex to help her mother like I always wanted someone to write a story about. So dark and twistedly romantic, and still sad and it's far from a perfect relationship but you can't help but wonder if it might just be far better than any other.
    I have to thank Louise Glück´s poetry because it was what inspired me to write this fic. If I hadn´t come across it the day I did, I don´t think I´d have been able to participate this month.

As regards Moira and Chloe´s arc in Progeny, I agree with you. I was so pissed off when they threw away yet another opportunity to give us some Chlex.When Chloe said: "If this drug is out there, I can get it, trust me. I have some pretty amazing resources at my disposal." , I thought Wow! She has the weapons to convince Lex to help her, and I wasn´t thinking about any dirty laundry here. Damn scriptwriters!

Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy View Post
    Story 4

Oooh, “A Modern Persephone...” was a bit of a shortie, but a goodie. It started off so chilling, and maintained that chilling note right through the end, but there was ALSO a bit of sweetness and warmth at the end as well. Lex might have effectively coerced Chloe into staying with him, but it’s also made clear that Chloe IS in love with him (as he is with her), and that she can eventually be happy by his side.
    Thanks for your nice words.Glad you appreciated it, somethingeasy. You aren´t amongst my usual readers, but if you´ve liked this one maybe you´ll enjoy my latest one-shots *blatant self-pimping here*. My muse has been behaving darklier and angstier than normal so I believe you´ll enjoy them.
    Last edited by lexie; 2nd September 2009 at 18:05.

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Congratulations, lexie

Also, thanx to the two people that voted for me, my fic was Story Six - Just Another Day

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    Congratulations, lexie

Also, thanx to the two people that voted for me, my fic was Story Six - Just Another Day
    Thanks for your congrats. By the way, yours was one of the one-shots I enjoyed the most, Ultra.

Now, will the other authors come forward?

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post

Now, will the other authors come forward?
    IMO, a lot of the participation in both voting and writing comes from anonymity. If someone wants to broadcast their vote or tell everyone which story they wrote, that's great, but it's not fair to pressure anyone. If this is a testing ground for new authors or just a low pressure way for authors to try something out, I think it can only work when we all agree it's completely optional to stand up and be counted.

Personally, I think it's cooler when the stories remain unclaimed. I've always had more fun filling in the blanks myself instead of prying.
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

Quote Originally Posted by kitten View Post
    IMO, a lot of the participation in both voting and writing comes from anonymity. If someone wants to broadcast their vote or tell everyone which story they wrote, that's great, but it's not fair to pressure anyone. If this is a testing ground for new authors or just a low pressure way for authors to try something out, I think it can only work when we all agree it's completely optional to stand up and be counted.
    I´m not pressuring anyone, darling. In the previous challenges most of us claimed authorship but it was done voluntarily. And we agreed that once the threads were moved, each fic would be identified with the name of its author if they so wanted it.

Besides, I was the one who suggested the anonymous poll to increase participation in the first place, so I can´t very well be against it. I was just asking because I know there are some authors who won´t have trouble unveiling the mystery.
    Last edited by lexie; 3rd September 2009 at 04:35.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information