• Story Seven

2 4.88%
  • Story Eight

4 9.76%
  • Story Nine

2 4.88%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Fanfiction Challenge #3 - "Kidnapped!" - August 2009 - Winner: lexie

Kill Lana

Re: Monthly Fanfic Challenge - #3 August 2009 - "Kidnapped!"

Just finished reading. All great stories. I love these challenges!!!

NS Senior Member Senior Member

This was seriously the hardest challenge to pick from, they were all so great. Well done everyone!

For Story One: I liked the turn-around with Chloe getting the better of Lex. I also enjoyed the chess metaphor and thought it worked really well with the characters.

Story Two: I enjoyed Lex's focus on Chloe over Lana and putting aside personal troubles with Clark to help Chloe. And I don't care if it makes me evil that I liked Lex for being all 'whatever' about Lana's kidnapping.

Story Three: I loved the thought of Lex kidnapping Chloe when she has dates, and so great of Lois to kidnap Lex for Chloe and get Clark to help. So great to see how enthusiastic she was to get them together.

Story Four: I liked the use of the poems and have always loved the story of Persephone, plus I loved that you used Chloe actually going to Lex to help her mother like I always wanted someone to write a story about. So dark and twistedly romantic, and still sad and it's far from a perfect relationship but you can't help but wonder if it might just be far better than any other.

Story Five: Good to see Lana get what she deserved after all that she did. My favorite part was that it wasn't until after she had said that she would have changed the day did she realize she just admitted to Lex that she wasn't a bit sorry for killing his brother.

Story Six: I don't know if it's sad or funny that they are just both so used to kidnappings by now it barely registers, but you can also tell that Lex was worried about Chloe so he's not completely taking it for granted. And so good to see that Chloe could take care of herself. The knot-tying thing was so funny. And it's very good that they have a way of handling these situations because it shows they are smart enough to expect it and strong enough not to just walk away and let the it keep them from having what they want.

Story Seven: Very sad and realistic look at a future fic involving Chlex. I like that the story is left unresolved because of course in that situation it would be.

Story Eight: So funny! And I absolutely loved the introduction of Lex to Henry. That he had no problem looking at Henry like he was a dumbass or an ass for what he said about Chloe's writing and you could just tell it in Lex's words that he was seething and wanted to stick up for Chloe.

Story Nine: Oh what would I do if I could make Lana do whatever I wanted and get no retribution? I think Chloe would be a lot nicer than I would. So nice of Lex to arrange this for her. He always seems to give the best, most inventive gifts for Chloe.
    Last edited by westwingwolf; 24th August 2009 at 04:11.

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

All of these stories were just brilliant--excellent work
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Most often found beating my head against the wall- in Michigan

Wow...this was an awesome prompt! Great job!

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

omigosh! These were such AMAZING fics! I found it really difficult to choose a favourite. But in the end, it was Story 1 that took my fancy!

Story 1

My personal favourite was the first story! Tipping the Board was amazing! I have to admit that I have a soft spot for stories that contain allusions to gender wars… with the female being proven (beyond shadow of a doubt) to be the victor in battle of course, lol!

So I really enjoyed this fic. First of all, it was a magnificent psyche-out. I was completely fooled, and didn’t realize until the very end that Lex was the kidnappee rather than the kidnapper. LOL! Verrrry nice twist

And I really loved how it was made clear how arrogant and self-assured Lex was at the beginning of the fic… thinking himself as the winning king of the board while everyone else moves like pawns in front of him. It was a really GREAT wake-up call seeing him acknowledge dismally (and yet also ruefully amused) that it was the QUEEN all along who always has he power in chess games.

And, I also liked the idea that Chloe won the ultimate game because she was so adaptable to all kinds of roles… whether it was a lowly pawn, a charging knight or a powerful, unbeatable queen. She’s her very best in all roles, and that’s precisely why she got everything.

Heh… and the idea of an evil-Chloe… very thrilling

Story 2

I really enjoyed Anything. It was delightful seeing Lex starting out the fic all calm, cool and collected over Lana’s kidnapping, only to fall to absolute pieces when he found out that Chloe had also been taken. In fact, not only taken, but probably also regarded as a great deal more expendable that Lana.

Lex’s frantic panic was a delight to read… especially the bit where his thoughts went rather morbid, and he started imagining how crazy he was going to go wondering about Chloe’s last moments, which would NOT be recorded by the kidnappers. It’s really shudder-worthy imagining the vivid detail with which he imagined the worst case scenario/s that this kidnapping event would take.

Heh… good thing Chloe was eventually rescued. Happy ending In fact, the best of endings, because Lex was the one who got thanked for her rescue. She knew who her true hero for the day was. Excellent!

Story 3

ROTFLMAO! Oh dear heavens! Without a Date had me rolling around my room for several minutes before I was able to stop the hysterical laughter. I was hugely tempted to vote for this one as my favourite. Erm… second-place is not bad…?

Anyhow, I started giggling from the very beginning hearing Chloe start with her tirade about how she somehow happens to get kidnapped every damned time she tries to go on a date… and then ends up in Lex’s mansion?!? LOL! Oh yeah… that’s subtle, ain’t it? ROTFL!

Granted, I half-think Chloe was a slight idiot for running away from the mansion after every kidnapping… but I have to admit, her running for freedom IS much better than her staying behind like a trussed-up kidnapped victim who swoons for her kidnapper.

LOL! I cannot describe the delight I felt hearing about her latest escape attempt. Ouch!!! Blades in her shoes? ROTFL! Good one, Chloe!!!! It’s only a pity that it sounds more like she used the blades to cut through the silk cords rather than cut through kidnapper-flesh.

Oh well… perhaps next time? LOL!

The ending was the real killer punch line… where we not only find out that it’s been Clark and Lois all along responsible for Chloe’s kidnappings, but that they ALSO decided to finally start kidnapping the other half of their matchmaking attempts instead, LOL!

I think I really liked seeing the ending played out like a silent movie from Clark and Lois’s perspective. It was a lot of fun seeing Chloe first raging, and then throwing herself in passion at Lex. Great fic!!! Loved reading it!

Story 4

Oooh, “A Modern Persephone...” was a bit of a shortie, but a goodie. It started off so chilling, and maintained that chilling note right through the end, but there was ALSO a bit of sweetness and warmth at the end as well. Lex might have effectively coerced Chloe into staying with him, but it’s also made clear that Chloe IS in love with him (as he is with her), and that she can eventually be happy by his side.

Story 5

Woah The Reckoning was quite a twist on the kidnapping story. LOL! I can tell that there was a real Lana-hater behind the scenes driving this story forward… which I wholeheartedly approve of, because everyone enjoys a good ‘Lana finally faces he consequences of her actions’ fic.

I was really VERY pleased to see that this wasn’t a ‘torture Lana’ fic though. I didn’t really like the idea of Chloe and Lex descending to sadism, not even if it’s for vengeance, and not even if it’s Lana. It was so much better to have Lana shown as a criminal in the eyes of the man she thinks she loves, and then condemned to prison by him. Perfect!

Story 6

Just Another Day was such a FUN fic! I really loved this ‘casual’ look into a
    ‘simple day’ in Chloe and Lex’s life. It’s slightly frightening seeing that the two of them are so used to kidnappings that they’re fairly blasé about abduction experiences. Granted, it’s the one who is kidnapped who acts a little more blasé and cool than the one who is rushing to the rescue… which is exactly how it should be, of course, LOL!

I really enjoyed how calm, cool, collected Chloe managed to free herself from the trunk, knock out her kidnapper, and be ready with snappy remarks when her ‘hero’ came swooping in for the rescue (or at least, the untying of her bonds, LOL!)

ROTFLMAO! Look at Chloe… figuring out a way to re-use those handcuffs that were ‘given’ to her by her kidnapper. LOL! Saving money on sex-toys, Mrs. Luthor? LOL!

Story 7

Ten Days was like throwing a frightening cold bucket of ice-water on me. It was shocking and disturbing… but I couldn’t help but feel tingling and alive after the reading.

Initially, I had thought that Chloe was talking about her own kidnapping, until I realized it was so much worse… because it was her 15 year old daughter’s kidnapping. Lex technically did the right thing in refusing to negotiate with the kidnappers and letting the authorities mount a rescue, but I can see why and how Chloe would hate him for that.

I think the Luthor daughter is not the only one who needs therapy. At the very least, Chloe and Lex need to attend marriage counseling to get through this, otherwise I can easily see this marriage falling apart.

Actually, I think this would make a truly EXCELLENT long fic too. Something that covers the Luthors road to recovery from this ordeal? Any chance of the author choosing to continue this…? Pretty please?

Story 8

*happy sigh* What a lovely, sweet story Henry Finklestein turned out to be. LOL! First of all, congratulations on creating a quick snap shot of a character who was even nerdier than Jimmy Olsen. You couldn’t have made the message clearer if there had been a neon sign flashing ‘unworthy of Chloe’ above his head.

Granted, I tried to give Henry every benefit of the doubt. But he was so dumbly star struck by the mere sight of Lex Luthor… and THEN he also revealed that patronizing side of his personality calling Chloe’s writing her ‘little books’. I really loved seeing Lex practically bristling with indignation when he heard the ‘slight’ to Chloe’s talents. You can really tell that Lex just wanted to throttle the guy for not being able to appreciate how Chloe outclasses him in practically every way possible, and that he should be on his knees thanking her for being willing to marry beneath her.

Thank goodness Lex showed up to completely ruin the occasion, LOL! I can’t help but feel that it was Lex himself who arranged this shooting and kidnapping though *suspicious and amused look* After all… he attends Chloe’s wedding, there’s an interruption, and BOTH he and Chloe manage to end up kidnapped in a warehouse together? There’s no way this wasn’t a Luthor plot!!! LOL!

Story 9

Birthday Experiment was a tad cruel, but a very imaginative, fun read. Lana-bashing is always fun (to write as well as to read I imagine, LOL!). I really liked the clever twist to the idea that Lana is a half-robotic servant without being aware of the servitude. Which means that she doesn’t really suffer any trauma… and if she learns to be a better person, then Chloe and Lex won’t feel inclined to humiliate her in this manner anymore. But if she starts whining and manipulating everyone around her again… then Chloe can have her scrubbing toilets, LOL!
    Last edited by somethingeasy; 23rd August 2009 at 16:43.

Fan Artist, Fanfic Lover Senior Member Esther25jm's Avatar

I loved them all, so it was hard to choose between them! Wonderful stories and thanks to all the authors for them.

No charge for awesomeness

Fantastic stories again this round. I'm really lilking getting to read these shorts every month. I hope all of the authors keep on writing because every single one of you deserve a vote.

Also, This seems to happen every stinking time I vote. I have a toss up and so I eeny meeny miney moe it and the one I pick has votes and the other one does not. Grrrrrrrr.
    Last edited by ChloeLovesLex; 24th August 2009 at 02:20.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Dang it I loved them all. It was so hard to choose.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChloeLovesLex View Post
    Also, This seems to happen every stinking time I vote. I have a toss up and so I eeny meeny miney moe it and the one I pick has votes and the other one does not. Grrrrrrrr.
    Next time remember you can check out the tally before leaving it to chance so you won´t get upset when you realise the other fic you liked had no votes.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

All wonderful fics, great job authors
    Malu

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information