View Poll Results: Which monthly challenge story is your favorite?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Story One

15 34.09%
  • Story Two

3 6.82%
  • Story Three

8 18.18%
  • Story Four

4 9.09%
  • Story Five

14 31.82%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Monthly Fanfiction Challenge #2 - "The Safe House" - July 2009 - Winner: lexie

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Re: Monthly Fanfiction Challenge #2 - "The Safe House" - July 2009: Winner Announced!

I wrote # 2. I had a feeling lexie wrote number 1 as the Rebecca quote tipped me off, very nice and the changing time, liked that too! And #5 just felt like kimbo for some reason, very old school pre-angst Chlex that I still love so much.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Re: Monthly Fanfiction Challenge #2 - "The Safe House" - July 2009: Winner Announced!

Thanks for your congrats, Adele.

Quote Originally Posted by westwingwolf View Post
    I wrote # 2.
    I really enjoyed the way you painted a relaxed and, at times, playful Lex around Chloe.

and I had a feeling lexie wrote number 1 as the Rebecca quote tipped me off, very nice and the changing time, liked that too!
    So Du Maurier gave me away! Dare I ask why you thought I would quote such a writer? (*ponders*) Is it the fact Rebecca´s a thriller? Or that I´ve got a soft spot for everything British? Or...? OK. I give up.

And #5 just felt like kimbo for some reason, very old school pre-angst Chlex that I still love so much.

Yes, I had that very strong feeling too. This shows we do know who´s who on NS.
    Last edited by lexie; 1st August 2009 at 22:59. Reason: Wrong collocation and minor punctuation mistakes
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post

So Du Maurier gave me away! Dare I ask why you thought I would quote such a writer? (*ponders*) Is it the fact Rebecca´s a thriller? Or that I´ve got a sweet spot for everything British? Or...? OK. I give up.
    Actually it goes back to when I mentioned in my interview that I watched Rebecca and couldn't stop thinking of Lex & Lana for Maxim & Rebecca, then you mentioned how much you loved the novel and such. While I know there are other writers who might have used the quote just that and the fact that I knew you were still watching Smallville to be able to incorporate "Hex" gave me a pretty strong gut feeling. My brain chooses to remember random things and I don't know that I have until the connection is brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by westwingwolf View Post
    Actually it goes back to when I mentioned in my interview that I watched Rebecca and couldn't stop thinking of Lex & Lana for Maxim & Rebecca, then you mentioned how much you loved the novel and such.
    Oh, yes! Now I remember saying even I started writing a fic inspired on it but that I couldn´t make the second wife into Chloe- at least not as it was painted in the novel because Lana (minus the annoying traits) suited the character a lot better. The story is still lying unfinished in some notebook.

and the fact that I knew you were still watching Smallville to be able to incorporate "Hex" gave me a pretty strong gut feeling.
    Torturing myself with it, you mean. Yeah, the show died for me when MR and JG left but I´ve got a moral duty to at least fastforward it on the net because of the three MR forums I co-administrate. It sucks, but I want to have tools to defend my stance against those who are still watching and sometimes choose to berate Lex in absentia- mainly. Besides, out of all the bull I´ve got some interesting ideas to write what should have been.

My brain chooses to remember random things and I don't know that I have until the connection is brought up.
    Kudos. I´ve got a great visual memory, but I forgot saying that in my feedback to your interview. Oh, well, I´ll put the blame on my endless ramblings!

ETA: By the way, I meant "soft" spot not "sweet"!
    Last edited by lexie; 1st August 2009 at 22:58.

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

Congratulations Guille
    Malu

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    IMO, the best fic one. Congrats, lexie
    A belated thank you, Ultra. Sorry I skipped you when I thanked the other girls. I´m looking forward to reading an entry of yours this month.

Quote Originally Posted by malugargula View Post
    Congratulations Guille
    Thanks, Malu.Glad that the "Hex" hooked you.
    Last edited by lexie; 3rd August 2009 at 03:17.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: Monthly Fanfiction Challenge #2 - "The Safe House" - July 2009

Congrats Lexie!! So who wrote #4?
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Re: Monthly Fanfiction Challenge #2 - "The Safe House" - July 2009

Quote Originally Posted by hfce View Post
    Congrats Lexie!! So who wrote #4?
    Thank you, Hope. And I agree, I´m curious about #4 too. Will the author come forward and unveil the mystery?

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information