+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Fanfiction Challenge #1 - "A Smallville Wedding" - June 2009 - Winner: kimbo

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Re: Winner Announced! Monthly Fanfiction Challenge #1 - "A Smallville Wedding"

Thanks to everyone who voted for #1 "What Every Wedding Needs"; it was inspired by a conversation I had with skauble a few nights before the challenge about how much I loved the Jack/Jennifer storyline in the 80s of Days of Our Lives and how disappointed I was to never go to wedding where it was as exciting as the ones on soap operas.

No charge for awesomeness

Quote Originally Posted by Booksketeer View Post
    It was so fun, and I was really looking forward to doing the next one, but when I read the challenge...I don't know. I didn't get anything from my muse. Maybe I can smack her into submission before the deadline though.
    Yeah, me too. I just never really liked the safehouse storyline. Chloe was so young and it just doesn't do anything for me as a writer BUT I can't wait to read everyone's submissions.

I loved Lex's last line in your fic Booksketeer. That one made me grin so big.

btw...my story was #3 this go round.
    Last edited by ChloeLovesLex; 3rd July 2009 at 21:59.

The whole safehouse thing is part of one of my current fics [Dirty Little Secret] so I probably won't participate this round either.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChloeLovesLex View Post
    Yeah, me too. I just never really liked the safehouse storyline. Chloe was so young and it just doesn't do anything for me as a writer BUT I can't wait to read everyone's submissions.
    Well, Chloe WAS too young but one of the main things that have fed the growth of this community is the strong belief that something must have happened that summer- not necessarily an affair but something deep and meaningful that ended up shaping the strained relationship they had after she came back from exile. The *what happened while Chloe was in the safe house* is a constant source of speculation for most of us Chlexers and one that many Chlex writers tend to revisit from time to time. Remember my story The Naked Truth?(*self-pimping* here).

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra
    The whole safehouse thing is part of one of my current fics [Dirty Little Secret] so I probably won't participate this round either.
    I imagined that much. You´re doing a wonderful job with that one, Ultra.

By the way, there are still two fics from the first challenge which have been left orphan. Who are the authors of #4 and #9? Anyone?
    Last edited by lexie; 5th July 2009 at 05:37.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Thanks to everyone who voted for #4! All three of you ! This was a fun challenge, I'm looking forward to what these monthlies bring. Hopefully it will encourage new writers to come out too.

Hey, all. =)

The conversation about the next challenge has been great and brought up some interesting points that I'd like to address.

1) Just want people to know that, because of the PGness of these challenges, some of them may lend themselves less to romance and more to Chlex friendship, reflection, animosity, etc. They will explore a wide array of facets of the Chloe/Lex dynamic.

So some muses may be more inspired by some challenges than others, but I just wanted to give a heads up on the broader concept of the challenges.

2) Which doesn't mean that I'm discouraging a romantic take from those who want to give it a try.

I'll admit that I've enjoyed many Chlex stories that could rock a summer romance during that time. Also, I want to add - although at 37 I still consider this young lol - Chloe was a few months away from 18 at the time the safehouse story took place.

There's some confusion about that because the year 1987 was listed on her tombstone which would have made her 16 at the time. However, in Spell, both in the show and in deleted scenes, they talk about it being Chloe's 18th birthday. So the tombstone was either an error, another way that SV doesn't really care about continuity, or one more example of AlMiles blowing off things they did in earlier shows.

So, don't worry if this challenge doesn't get your muse going, because I think that there will always be some that appeal to some people and some that will appeal to others. It's all good here in the land of Chlex!

~Sarah~

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Congratulations Kimbo! I've added an extra month on your gold subscription
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Re: Monthly Fanfiction Challenge #1 - "A Smallville Wedding" - June 2009 - Winner: ki

#2was good but #1 was masterful.

“How diabolically clever of you. Soap Opera villains of the world will compete to have you join their factions.” Possibly the best line i've read in a year. LOL funny!!!

Re: Monthly Fanfiction Challenge #1 - "A Smallville Wedding" - June 2009 - Winner: ki

I love them all, but my favorite's the last. I love it much!

Re: Vote Monthly Fanfiction Challenge #1 - "A Smallville Wedding"

Confetti bomb & phone sex, for sure!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information