+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Fanfiction Challenge #1 - "A Smallville Wedding" - June 2009 - Winner: kimbo

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Re: Winner Announced! Monthly Fanfiction Challenge #1 - "A Smallville Wedding"

Congratulations Kimbo on the win!

IŽd also like to thank the one person that voted my fic, "Wedding Jitters", and hope that next time more people will delurk and cast their vote. We all know that a lot more members than the ones who participated in deciding who won read the entries. So guys, donŽt be shy and start giving some love because youŽre the ones who encougare us to keep on writing.

ETA: A couple of questions for skauble and/or Julie. Will all the fics remain on this post? Will the names of the writers be added? What do you think of making the voting anonymous next time-by means of a poll at the top of the thread for example- as a means to encourage reluctant voters to participate?
    Last edited by lexie; 2nd July 2009 at 21:09.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

No charge for awesomeness

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post

IŽd also like to thank the one person that voted my fic, "Wedding Jitters", and hope that next time more people will delurk and cast their vote. We all know that a lot more members than the ones who participated in deciding who won read the entries. So guys, donŽt be shy and start giving some love because youŽre the ones who encougare us to keep on writing.

ETA: A couple of questions for skauble and/or Julie. Will all the fics remain on this post? Will the names of the writers be added? What do you think of making the voting anonymous next time-by means of a poll at the top of the thread for example- as a means to encourage reluctant voters to participate?
    I think the poll idea is a good one since a lot of readers are kinda mostly lurkers and just a select few of us make up the bulk of the posting community.

Also, CONGRATS KIMBO! Great story hon.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy View Post
    LOL! Talk about slow. I missed the whole contest, and only came in to read the stories AFTER the winner had been announced. heh... next time I'll try to come in fast enough to out in a vote.

Congratulations, Kimbo!
    We are twins because that is what happened to m e.

Congrats to the winner.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post

I didn;t even know these were written or voted on. You got to do a better job advertising it.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Quote Originally Posted by hfce View Post
    I didn;t even know these were written or voted on. You got to do a better job advertising it.
    Well, I suggested Sarah posting an announcement at the top of the index table where the Notices appear, making clear when the deadline was and providing readers with a link to this thread. Unfortunately, she doesnŽt have access to the administrative tools necessary to introduce such changes and Julie was away on holidays.

This turned out quite right considering it was the first time. The number of entries was pretty good and if some changes are introduced in the fields of advertising and voting procedures, I believe the next one might turn out even better.

I believe a PM blast announcing the challenge and the deadline for the voting could be a good idea.

ETA: IŽve posted some suggestions here.
    Last edited by lexie; 3rd July 2009 at 07:35.

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Congratulations kimbo!

And I have to admit to not casting a vote, because I felt strange about participating in the voting because I'd sent in a story to the challenge. My story was #8 June Wedding.--and thanks to the NS'ers who voted for it
    Last edited by Kit Merlot; 5th July 2009 at 18:40.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

I like the poll idea at the top. Then more people might participate.

BTW, mine was #7 and we can thank my husband for his twisted sense of humor, and I profusely apologize for his idea. Although, it was fin to write. Thanks for the people that voted for it.

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superag View Post
    I like the poll idea at the top. Then more people might participate.

BTW, mine was #7 and we can thank my husband for his twisted sense of humor, and I profusely apologize for his idea. Although, it was fin to write. Thanks for the people that voted for it.
    Do not apologize, because your story was actually one of my favorites
    Last edited by Kit Merlot; 3rd July 2009 at 19:42.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Most often found beating my head against the wall- in Michigan

Arrow Re: Winner Announced! Monthly Fanfiction Challenge #1 - "A Smallville Wedding"

I had a lot of fun with this challenge! I didn't think it was that hard to find, but then again I have no life, so I saw it whenever it popped up on the five latest. My story was #5, so thanks to everyone who enjoyed it. It was so fun, and I was really looking forward to doing the next one, but when I read the challenge...I don't know. I didn't get anything from my muse. Maybe I can smack her into submission before the deadline though.

Quote Originally Posted by Booksketeer View Post
    My story was #5, so thanks to everyone who enjoyed it.
    YouŽre welcome; I truly enjoyed it. Hopefully, weŽll read more from you soon- be it either an entry for the new challenge or some other fic.

"Choices"May 30 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information