+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Elective Affinity (R) UPDATE 14th June 2009

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Re: Elective Affinity (R) UPDATE 3rd April 2009

I´m eagerly awaiting their face-to-face meeting. Thanks for the prompt update.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Most often found beating my head against the wall- in Michigan

This is really neat! I love almost any story that crosses over with Batman. Can't wait for the next one.

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

Really interesting
    I can`t wait for more
    Malu

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

A great update!

Good for Lex for reading Chloe's Gotham newspaper articles. He can see that she is still as much of an investigative reporter as she ever was.

Can't wait for the Chlex meeting, and will Clark throw a hissy fit when he finds out about it?
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Imperial Dragon Senior Member Impress's Avatar

Interesting so far. I'm looking forward to the Chlex meeting.

NS Junior Member

Thanks for the comments and sticking with the story!! Here is an update - another one will come in a few days hopefully

Now

Chloe stands outside LexCorp and looks up. Glass windows as far as the eye can see. She dodges people leaving the office and makes her way inside. After more security than her flight to Metropolis, she stands in the elevator and presses the top floor. She walks down the long corridor on the top floor and remembers the last time she was here. She speeds up and tries to forget.

Earlier

After Chloe had hung up on Lex she had walked downtown to Clark’s apartment. It was in a non descript building which was obviously not lived in much. Clark had greeted her with a hard hug and Chloe had almost lost herself. Almost.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were going to be in town?”

“I wasn’t planning on staying long.” She saw his look

“But Chloe, I haven’t seen you in five years!”

“You do know why don’t you?” he had looked away. Clark always hated being confronted with inconvenient truths.

“It got difficult for me there for a bit. Not being able to write about Superman.”

She could see that he understood. His cheeks had flushed and he had looked miserable. Poor Clark.

“Tell me about what happened. You say it’s Lex.”

Clark had looked up, eyes full of pain. She had never understood what was there between Clark and Lex, and the intensity of his eyes made her uncomfortable.

“He’s trying to kill me”

“Have you talked to him?”

“I’ve tried. He isn’t reasonable anymore. After he found out he came to me. He asked me to join him, to work with him.” Clark was pacing.

“I couldn’t trust him. I can’t really trust anyone. He took it badly”

“I’m meeting with him tomorrow.” Clark had looked at her troubled.

“My editor wants me to write about what happened at the museum.” She looked away from him, “I could try and make the story go nowhere but even elementary research leads to Lex”

“What will you write?”

“I was thinking about the truth”

She looked at Clark and he looked like he both feared and welcomed the answer. She smiled at him. He walked back over to her and hugged her, “I trust you Chloe.”

She had closed her eyes and remembered simpler times.

Now

The door to Lex’s office is open. She sees him standing by the window talking on the phone, his back is to her. She slips in and takes a seat on the tan couch. It’s as comfortable as she remembers.

He sees her through the reflection in the glass and turns around, placing his hand over the mouthpiece of the phone,

“Entering without an invite?”

“Why change a habit of a lifetime?”

He lowers his voice and finishes the call. He comes to where she is sitting and takes a seat next to her on the couch. She moves her body to face him.

“It’s been a while.”

“Yes, it has. How is Gotham treating you?

“Oh, you know Gotham. Its…gloomy. I like it.”

”So, are you here to talk about Superman?”

Earlier

Lois had been sick, one of the rare occasions, and Perry had asked her to write something about Superman’s latest adventure, and he had told her that there was a close up picture. She had managed to get the picture before anyone could have a close look at it. Taking into account the city’s collective blind spot when it came to Superman and Clark Kent, no-one would have mistaken this. Superman was kneeling on the ground, seemingly catching a breath but Chloe could see he was using his x-ray vision on an object to the left. His hair was disheveled from the fire he had been fighting, his cheeks were a little red, and his eyes were a little haunted. He looked human. He looked like Clark Kent. Chloe had made the photograph disappear and written a bland piece about the hero saving the day. She had left work early, gone to the closest bar and drunk so many vodka martinis that by 8pm, she couldn’t remember where she lived.

The next day she had put her apartment up for sale and quit her job. But in the twilight hours in between, she had been reckless and lived like she wasn’t the person she was.

Now

“I was going to set a scene, build up to my real reason for being here” Chloe replies, “Do you have to be so crude and go for the jugular?” She says it lightly and it covers up how tense she feels. He is sitting very close and the years have only added to his aura of menace. The last time it was not so pronounced. She knows enough to know that lines have been crossed and that the man sitting beside her now is not the same man she once knew. She needs to remember that

“Why else would you be back in town? All roads lead to Clark don’t they?”

“You should know” two can play this game she thinks

He gets up now and walks to his desk. “Clark and the delightful Lois Lane form quite the pair don’t they?”

“I wouldn’t know”

She knows he is trying to unnerve her, but she has stopped caring for Clark in that way for quite a while. There is no need for him to know this though, she prefers he takes shots at her weaknesses that no longer exist than at the weaknesses that do.

“Lois Lane. Lana Lang. Maybe you should change your name Chloe. You may stand a better chance”

“Maybe I should Lex Luthor.”

He smiles at her. She wonders how long they can keep talking about nothing and everything at the same time.

“I did come here for an interview. Not the one I spoke about on the phone I admit. Willing to answer a few questions? For old times sake?”

“Why not? I love trips down memory lane”

Chloe looks up. He is leaning against the desk now, arms crossed. She wonders how it is possible for someone to look so confident. She leans back in the couch, flicks her hair and says casually

“Why did you drop a rock of kryptonite into the Metropolis Museum of Fine Art two days ago?”

He looks at her, like he is appreciating a good story that never gets old.

“What’s kryptonite?”

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: Elective Affinity (R) UPDATE 6th April 2009

Lex you crack me up stop it. How long will he play this game? I cna't wait to see the Chloe and Lex cat game in the next update.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

Wow
    I can`t wait to see her answer
    Malu

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

A very intense update!

I like that you had Chloe covering for Clark in the past, but present-day Chloe seems like she just wants to cut through the crap and tell the truth.

Can't wait for more of the Chlex interview.
    Last edited by Kit Merlot; 6th April 2009 at 23:50.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Imperial Dragon Senior Member Impress's Avatar

Good update. More soon.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information