+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual Statistics (R) Updated: May 13, 2009

NS Junior Member

Re: Sexual Statistics (R) Updated: March 13, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabby View Post
    A/N: Blue: The hissy fit continues......

A/N: Sabby: I apologize for the long delay in updating on all of our stories. It's my fault cause real life kicked me in the butt and I had to work on an eighty page paper for Uni. But that's done now, so we should be better about updating again. Hope you enjoy!

Ahhh the good old days of University life... I remember those days... back when I still had time for hobbies .

But seriously guys, reading and enjoying your stories is one of my few guilty pleasures in my hectic professional life, and you never dissapoint me.

Looking forward to the next installment. Kudos, Blue & Sabby!

Cheerio,
    BlueFunk

Imperial Dragon Senior Member Impress's Avatar

Re: Sexual Statistics (R) Updated: April 1, 2009

Great update. They are both so stubborn it will be interesting to see how it works out between them.

I am soooo not an addict tiger04's Avatar

I was so happy to see a new story. I can't wait to see where this one is going to go. I am really like how you are writing in the interaction between Lex and Chloe.

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar

Talking Re: Sexual Statistics (R) Updated: April 1, 2009

I know that you both are really busy and that finals are getting close, but I just want to beg you to not forget this wonderful story!! I really love this story, and can't wait to find out how Chloe is going to get out of Lex's room so that she can continue with her "plan"!! Please, please update soon!! You guys are the greatest!!

Only ONLY Blue & Sabby could take a hairbrained idea like this and make it work. This is intensely entertaining, guys.

Please update soon!!!

NS Full Member

A/N: Blue: More Rapunzel vs. ummmmm whomever is the bad guy in that.

A/N: Sabby: When we wrote this one, we so didn't think about chapters. So now we're a little screwed. Hope you enjoy anyway.

Lex was about ready to throw her indignation back in her face when he felt the heavy thump against his back as well as heard the muffled outcry from Chloe that followed it. In a moment, he'd ripped the key out of his pants pocket, unlocked the door and wrenched it open. Stepping inside he slammed the door behind him and grabbed for the wrist of the hand she was cradling.

“I know for instance that when you get hot headed you seem to disregard any possible injury to yourself and do the most stupid things,” he commented acerbically as he examined her wrist.

“I know that you're the most stubborn creature on god's green earth, and that is taking into account my father,” he added, taking a step forward and pushing her farther into the room as he shifted his gaze up to her face.

“I know that you're intelligent, passionate, funny, and sometimes downright infuriating when you're insisting on having things your way, which was the reason I locked you up in the first place, because I know you wouldn't listen to what I have to say any other way,” he continued, taking another few steps into the room.

“I know that, even though we haven't talked in months, you have done your best to keep tabs on me, while I in turn didn't need to do much to receive information about you.”

By now he had her far enough into the room, that the backs of her knees where hitting the mattress of the bed and it didn't take more than a slight yank to have her sitting down. He went back to examining the injured hand.

“I know that whatever made you come up with that plan must be some impulsive, emotional reaction to something that happened or you'd never let yourself stoop so low as offering yourself up like a cheap whore.”

Glaring up at her eyes he finished his own rather emotional outburst, his voice quiet and intense. “Now look me in the eyes and tell me I'm wrong.”

As Lex had bulldozed his way into what she now considered her room Chloe let him speak. She didn’t attempt to cut him off because she wanted to hear what he had to say.

Somehow, she had driven him past the point of no return. He was usually so careful with his words and emotions that she found herself mesmerized by the sight of a Lex that was making something of an impassioned plea to her.

Ranting like a lunatic was the only way that Lex had to communicate with her now. She tried not to let his words affect her but it was difficult. It was difficult to realize that the one person who actually knew her was someone that she wasn’t close with at all. It was a damn shame. Especially since they would never be close.

He had outlined the numerous reasons for that the day before. Sure, they had been reasons why he wouldn’t sleep with her but they still held for why they couldn’t spend any time together she supposed. It broke her heart a little.

But after everything he said she was still left with his challenge. And, they both knew that she wasn’t one to pass up something like that. She tried to extract her hand from Lex’s grip but he held tightly to it. She looked him in the eyes and said, “You’re wrong.”

However, she got the distinct feeling that they both knew that she was lying.

Lex narrowed his eyes and cocked his head to the side. A small smirk tugged at the corner of his mouth and he answered, “You know, it's a good thing you're not aspiring to become an actress, because frankly, you'd suck at it.”

Shaking his head he dropped her hand and strode towards the bathroom door. “Want to try the truth, now?”

He knew he had a first aid kit there somewhere, which hopefully held something akin to an icepack. She'd hit the door hard and the skin was already turning an ugly shade of purple.

Chloe ignored both Lex’s smug look and his question for now. She was too busy looking over at the door. The unlocked door. She wished that she had thought of feigning an injury instead of giving herself one. But, beggars couldn’t be choosers.

She looked back over at the bathroom and heard Lex rooting around in there for god only knew what. Maybe a conveniently located truth serum to turn the tables on her.

But she didn’t think that running would solve anything. She would have to deal with Lex sooner rather than later. That didn’t mean that she wanted to dwell on it, though.

Standing up, Chloe made her way to the door. She was exhausted again. Her adrenaline was dropping and leaving her fatigued. “Lex, just stop, ok?” Her voice was low but Lex heard her anyway. He appeared in the doorway of the bathroom.

She looked down at the floor and then back up at Lex. She had never felt so ashamed and humiliated in her whole life and she just wanted to go home where she could hate Lex, the world and herself in peace. “I won’t go through with it.”

Bringing her arm closer to her body she said, “I’m going to leave now and I’m assuming that I can take one of your drivers. You can send my clothes back to me whenever you feel like it and I’ll do the same. I’ll take care of the data in my bag.”

Lex should be satisfied. By all means, he'd gotten what he wanted. But the hang dog expression on Chloe's face was not what he'd wanted. Not to mention to feel like an asshole. Why was he feeling like an asshole? He'd been right and she'd been wrong and he’d made her see reason.

He felt something snap in his hand and cold seeped through his skin. It took him a moment to realize he'd broken up the cold pack and activated it.

“Don't just run out of here like this,” he said as he stepped closer to her once more. “Tell me why you wanted this so bad. What happened?”

Slowly reaching out, he took her arm and pulled it away from her chest, then slowly touched the icepack to the purple bruise on her hand.

Chloe winced when the cold hit her skin. It had already started throbbing which was not a good sign. On top of everything else she was now going to have to go to the damn doctor. And explain to her father how it happened. Well, more like lie about how it happened.

Then there was the fact that Lex was still looking at her…waiting for an answer. An answer that she couldn’t really give him because she couldn’t pinpoint one particular thing that had made her do this.

Maybe it was because her few sexual experiences hadn’t even approached the realm of satisfaction. Maybe it was because all of her ‘friends’ were in relationships. Lana and Jason had finally gotten physical and Clark was now dating her cousin.

People were moving on with their lives and she wanted to do so, as well. Being that she couldn’t get a real relationship like a normal teenager it had seemed like the best idea at the time. But not so much now. Now that Lex was looking at her with something that was almost pity. He was being far too delicate with her.

“Nothing happened,” she said as she turned away from him. He pressed the ice pack to her and she took it out of his hands. She shook her head. “Nothing ever happens to me. Unless you count getting involved with the wrong people, getting kidnapped, getting dumped on and having to rely on Clark to save my ass every time a freak decides that I’d make a good trophy.”

Chloe shrugged. “I wanted to take charge for once. Do something grandiose that was in my control. Do something stupid. Just do something and not watch as life passes me by.”

Lex took hold of her uninjured arm and led her back to sit down on the bed. It seemed he'd hit the spot with the low self-esteem comment. “Chloe, life is most definitely not passing you by. In fact I'm sure it couldn't pass you by if it tried,” he smirked.

It was unfathomable that Chloe would think she didn't have a life just because she wasn't dating someone or getting laid. “You're in charge of a newspaper, you've been a big part in bringing down The Lionel Luthor, you've interned and had your own column at the Daily Planet and all that before you even turned 18.” It sure as hell would look damn good on her resume. “If I remember correctly, you're even in charge of the Sullivan household,” he added with a wry grin. “That doesn't exactly sound like a person whom life is passing by, does it?”

Chloe turned away from Lex and contemplated running for it again. This time for a much longer period. She could see herself fleeing the mansion. The problem was that Lex would be fast on her heels.

“Lex, when I look back on my life those things will be important, I have no doubt about that. But, at the end of the day, it’s not what we do in life that matters. It’s who we surround ourselves with. The people that care about us.”

“Sure, I’ve accomplished a lot and no one can take that away from me.” She smiled, remembering all of the times that Lana would talk about her day at the Talon while she had been interning at the Planet. She’d wait until it was her turn to talk and her day was always more exciting.

“But, in other realms of my life, I haven’t gotten anywhere.” She knew that part of the reason was Clark. She didn’t care about him anymore in that way but he had done such a number on her head that she sometimes doubted anyone’s interest in her. She always felt that she was the ‘right now’ girl.

The rational part of her knew that it was insane to have these feelings at 18. But when she saw the people around her all paired off and in love…well, she couldn’t help but feel like that.

Hence the plan to just go out and have a little fun. If she couldn’t get someone to love her, she’d get someone to sleep with her. And, unlike her experience with love, she’d be in charge of this. She would be the one holding all of the cards.

Lex could understand where she was coming from, in a way. But it sounded more like something a forty year old would say than an eighteen year old girl. “But what does it say about your life if you surround yourself with people who just want to fuck you, have you thought about that?” he asked calmly.

He was glad she wouldn't go through with that stupid plan anymore, it really was too far beneath her and not something that she should ever have considered in the first place. Hell, someone like her would probably have guys flocking towards her like moth to flame once she got in an environment that was more her style than Hicksville. Lex did not want to examine why that thought gave him an uncomfortable twinge in the pit of his stomach.

Chloe leaned back and groaned as she lay down on the bed. She just wanted to go home now. Was that really so much to ask from Lex? He had gotten everything that he wanted, couldn’t she keep even a smidgen of what was left of her dignity for herself?

“Lex, I wasn’t going to just go and fuck every guy on the list, ok? And, I would like to point out that no one I surround myself with wants to fuck me. Hence why this whole crazy thing started.”

“Hell,” she said propping herself up with her good arm while positioning her throbbing wrist on her stomach, “I propositioned a man whose slept with half the women in Kansas and couldn’t even get him to cave. So, I wouldn’t worry about me hanging out with trolls that only want to get me into bed.” She leaned back again. “It’s not really an issue.”

Lex snorted, while he got a little more comfortable on the bed as well. “Half of Kansas? I hate to tell you that the rumors of my dalliances have been greatly exaggerated. It was nowhere near half of Kansas.”

Turning his head so he could look directly at Chloe, he shot her a small grin. “And by the way. I told you my reasons for not wanting to sleep with you and if you remember, none of them were your fault or anything you could change.”

If only a few of them weren't existing he might have given it a go with her. As the case stood however, there was no chance. And somehow that seemed a lot more irking now than it had yesterday. Better not to think about it.

“True, but it doesn’t change the fact that I couldn’t even seduce a playboy into doing my hot self.” Chloe smiled over at Lex before lying back down and staring at the ceiling. She didn’t know what she was going to do now. For the past two weeks she had a hobby that allowed her not to think about all of this stuff.
    She took a deep breath and enjoyed a good sigh as she tried to think of the most graceful way to extract herself from this situation. Not that she hadn’t already made an ass out of herself. She supposed it could have been worse. Lex could have seen her naked and then turned her down.

Starting to smile, she imagined the look of horror that would have been all over Lex’s face if he had found her in his study in some crazy getup or wearing nothing at all.

Lex shifted around, then finally reclined on his side, head propped up on his hand so he could still look at Chloe while talking. This conversation was actually not so bad and by understanding the reasons behind it and eroding them where possible, he could make sure Chloe didn't revert back to her plan. “Well if it's a playboy you're looking for I could always call Bruce, I'm sure he wouldn't mind doing your hot self, young age be damned.”

Of course there was no way he'd ever really introduce Bruce to Chloe, exactly for that reason. “What're you grinning about,” he asked when she just smiled up at the ceiling in a way that was just this side of unsettling.

“Ohh,” Chloe said, “I don’t think that you really want to know the answer to that.” When she peered over at Lex, he merely stared back at her. The man was infernal what with having to know everything.

“Fine, but don’t say I didn’t warn you.” She angled her body towards Lex’s and said. “I was just thinking of how much you would have freaked out if you had found me in your office or some other room of the house in a French maid’s costume or nothing at all.”

She thought for a moment. “But maybe I’ll just try that move on Bruce being that he doesn’t have such problems with younger women. Plus, he likes blondes, right?”

“Hrmm,” Lex answered noncommittally, still caught up on the mental image that had somehow sneaked past his defenses and was now displayed on the back of his retinas quite vividly. “Huh?”

Fuck, that surely hadn't been very eloquent. But he'd only had three hours of sleep and had spent the better part of the day fighting against the most stubborn woman he'd ever met. He could allow himself one slip, right? Right.

It was just like his traitorous brain to provide him with that image just when he was trying to convince Chloe to find someone else. And now she'd think he was making fun of her and they'd be right back to the fighting. Sometimes he hated his mind.

Chloe narrowed her eyes at Lex. He had gone to La La land for a minute there. “Let me guess, you were imagining what I would look like in the lovely handcuffs that the nice officers would have put on me before throwing me into jail.”

She could feel a fit of the giggles coming on as she imagined herself sitting in Smallville’s one cell in a French maid outfit. Well, that might have gotten her some numbers, though.

Getting a hold of herself she stopped to wonder why Lex hadn’t tried to get her to leave yet. He certainly had better things to do than this. Well, at least she hoped that he did.

“Something like that,” he answered vaguely.

It was kind of worrisome that Chloe hadn't even guessed in the right direction. She apparently really had no idea of her affect on the opposite sex. Which was quite appealing in its own way. Still, she should trust herself more than to believe that just because farmboys didn't want her, she didn't have a chance with men at all. Ridiculous notion, that.

“You'd have given Enrique quite a scare in either case. I assume he's so downright prude he would have a heart attack, but you wouldn't see it, because he's so proper he wouldn't dare fall over.”

Chloe laughed at the thought of Enrique finding her in such a compromising position. And then started laughing harder when she said, “Either that or he would have just put me to work in the get up. Hoping that I would slink away in embarrassment.”

Which she most definitely would have. Chloe stretched her arms over her head and closed her eyes as she heard the satisfying cracks of whatever it was that cracked when one did such a move. She shivered a little when some cold air hit her lower belly. Lex’s Princeton sweater had rode up a little on her body.

She pulled down the shirt and was glad that she hadn’t gone that far with her plan. That was something that she would never live down. Hell, this was bad enough as it was. “Though I’m sure that Enrique has seen far worse things during his stay in Smallville what with the meteor freaks and all.”

Lex's eyes had been fixed on the strip of skin revealed between the sweater and the waistline of his old track pants for a second, before his gaze jerked back up with Chloe's last words.

“Worse things? I hardly think facing a meteor freak is on the same scale as you in a short little French maid uniform. Of course the plunging cleavage and nylons disappearing under that poofy little skirt –“ He trailed off, imagining just that, this time exaggerating his reaction for Chloe's benefit.

He was feeling a little tense at the moment, the images his traitorous mind was conjuring up giving him a bit of a hard time, no pun intended.

“Hmm, where was I?”

Chloe laughed at the put on dreamy face that Lex was pulling. She good naturedly smacked him on the shoulder. “Perv,” she muttered.

“And maybe you were just about to say that me in that getup would have been far more frightening. Especially once I explained to Enrique what I was doing there.” She imagined his proper self trying to deal with her at that point. “I might have had to use my feather duster on him in order to defend myself.”

He would have tried to discreetly shuffle her out of the room, at first. After that, things would have gone downhill.

“I guess everyone involved is lucky I went with a subtler tactic. Sort of.” Chloe started to smile. “You really should have seen the look on your face when you noticed that Mr. Kent was second on the list.”

At least she’d have that mental image to hold on to after this whole mess was over. She knew herself and knew that she’d avoid Lex as much as possible. Well, as much as was possible slickly, that was.

Thinking of Jonathan Kent as a possible candidate, never mind the second runner up when compared to him in any regard was just, wrong on an elemental level and made him inwardly recoil. Still, it intrigued him what she was talking about in regards to his expression.

“What face? I'm sure I didn't make a face,” he shot back.

He wasn't big on the whole facial expressions thing. It had cost him a lot of time to school his features into something that wouldn't give away his thoughts or intentions. That simply didn't do when you were the heir of a multi-billion dollar company and expected to take over the throne when your father deemed it time.

“But I still can't believe you'd put him second. Who did you ask to get the information on him, anyway?”

Martha Kent was out of the question. Nell Porter would be the only viable option and he couldn't imagine Chloe stepping up to the woman and asking. 'So by the way, how was my friend’s dad in bed?'

“So full of questions,” Chloe remarked as she grinned over at Lex. He was just as bad as she was. Which was saying something. He continued to look expectantly at her so she knew that she’d have to answer at least one of them.

“Your mouth didn’t drop open or anything so you can stop worrying about not looking like a mannequin.” She studied his face as it was. “You know, it wouldn’t kill you to actually smile more than once every three months.”

“Anyway,” she said, sitting up, “it wasn’t really an expression, it was like, half a twitch of expression.” She gestured over to his face. “I can’t really describe it, ok?”

“But, trust me, some muscles did move when you saw that. Sorry that I gave them such a workout. I’ll try not to shock you again.” Chloe pulled her knees up to her chest and wished that the bed was against the wall so she’d have something to lean on. She wasn’t about to crawl over Lex to get to the headboard at this point.

“Half a twitch of expression.” He smirked, shaking his head.

He knew he didn't smile much, but usually people didn't care. You weren't supposed to smile while swindling people out of house and home. Or at least, Lex didn't because being already considered 'Evil' with a capital E he didn't want to add slimy to the list.

“You think I look like a mannequin?” That was a different matter.

He'd heard more than a few chosen comments about his appearance, but Mannequin hadn't been one of them. Then again, it wasn't surprising Chloe would come up with something like this. She was the same person who'd advised him to buy a toupee without blinking.

“Well,” she said, stretching the one syllable out for a few seconds. She didn’t want to hurt his feelings. She knew that tons of people probably thought that Lex didn’t have any. Along with missing a heart…or having one that was two sizes too small.

Then again, if he was asking her he wanted to know the answer.

“A good looking, well dressed mannequin if that helps.” Her face scrunched up. “Then again, they all look like that.”

Looking over at him she said, “I’m not saying that you look like a Ken doll or anything. It’s just that, well, look at you even now.”

Lex was holding his body perfectly straight. Even though he was flopped down on a bed, all of his limbs were held in a certain way that made him look stiff. “Even when you’re relaxed you look all starched.”

Lex looked down his length and back up. Black chinos, matching belt, plum colored shirt, top two buttons undone. “How am I supposed to look then?” he asked genuinely wanting to know the answer.

He was lying down on a bed, his shirt getting rumpled while they spoke, what the hell could look starched about that? Ok, compared to Chloe in his usual work out gear, he did look slightly overdressed, but it wasn't that bad.

Chloe took in his posture which was ramrod straight. “You should look more slouchy. And, your shoes should definitely not be on. Maybe, if you wanted to get a little crazy, your socks would be tossed carelessly in a corner. See, that way, you could also help debunk the myth that you’ve got hooves for toes.”

She knew that she shouldn’t pick on Lex after everything that had happened in the past day or so but he just looked so damn earnest about this.

“You’re relaxing and you still look as if you’re trying to overtake a company or something. Just, not tense…”

She looked over at him, searching for the right words. “You’re constantly at the ready. I know that it’s been drilled into you to be like that. But, even when you’re around people who are allegedly your friends you’re like this.”

Lex took her words in and tried to imagine running around in the castle with bare feet and his socks tossed in a corner. “You've obviously never stepped onto stone floors with bare feet,” he commented.

Taking off his shoes, he could do though. At least for the moment, since they didn't seem to be going anywhere which strangely was fine with him. Lex sat up on the bed and removed his shoes, about to put them neatly on the floor next to the bed. Jutting out his chin he thought better of it and threw first one, then the other shoe carelessly onto the ground to have them land where they would.

“Better?” he asked as he settled back on the bed, legs crossed Indian style and holding his hands out in front of him in question.

Lex, for just a moment, looked like a child who was very pleased with himself and waiting for someone to give him a cookie. Chloe decided to keep that thought to herself.

“Much,” she said. She did have to admit that her bare feet were cold but she was accustomed to that. “But something is still off.”

Chloe tilted her head to the side and looked at Lex. “Ah, that’s it.” She leaned over and started to push at Lex’s shoulders. They were still very straight and that was wrong for when you were relaxing.

She concentrated on pushing them down but they kept straightening themselves. “Stubborn, just like the man himself,” she muttered.

Lex let her manhandle him, but didn't get what she was really trying to do.

“Uhm, Chloe, what're you doing?” All he knew was that she kept pushing on his shoulders and when she put her full body weight into the move, he ended up being up close and personal with her chest about an inch from his face, the Princeton logo blurring in front of his eyes.

It was enough to set him off balance for a moment and when his shoulders drooped the same moment that Chloe tried to press them down again, she ended up loosing her balance and toppling into his lap. The same breasts that had been in his face a second ago where now squished against his own chest as she tried to regain her balance.

Sure, now Lex’s body decided to cooperate. She had already been embarrassed more times than she could count in the past 24 hours. And now she was practically straddling Lex looking like she was poised to give him a lapdance.

She felt the blood rushing to her face. Even after everything she had said and done to Lex she was embarrassed by this latest turn of events. It now looked like she was literally throwing herself at him.

“I’m so sorry, Lex.” She ducked her head as she tried to dismount him. His hands were still on her hips trying to keep her upright. “I’m good,” she said, “I’m not going to fall over now.”

That was when he realized that he'd been actively keeping her from moving off, by holding her in place. Strangely, he felt a bit reluctant to let her go again.

“Hey, it's ok. Contrary to popular belief, I don't have beautiful women dropping in my lap every day. I'm flattered,” he joked, trying to convince his hands to let go already.

Chloe was still wiggling around on top of him and if she didn't stop soon, it would have an effect if he wanted it to or not. Again, he strangely wasn't too concerned about that possibility.

“So, you going to tell me what you were trying to do there?” he asked again. Because it did still interest him why she'd been trying to do push-ups on his shoulders in the first place.

She was glad that Lex was making light of the situation. It helped her to calm down a little. In all of the arguing with Lex she had forgotten that she was actually attracted to him. The yelling and screaming had all been about the principle of her doing what she wanted. He had never thought, it seemed, that she had actually wanted him in any real way.

Her body, though, was not as forgetful as her mind. She could feel the parts of her body that he had touched more acutely than the rest. Focusing on what Lex had said, Chloe answered, “I was trying to correct your posture is all.”

Lex's brow arched as he leaned back a little to get a clear view of her face. “I spent six years in boarding schools all over Europe. If there was a certificate for excelling in correct posture, I'd have it,” he answered before realizing that that may just be the thing she had tried to 'correct'. “Forget I just said that, will you?”

Tightening his hold on her hips and ignoring Chloe's initial squeak, he shifted further onto the bed until he could lean back against the headboard . With slouched shoulders. “Does this meet Chloe Sullivan's standards for correct relaxation?” he inquired when he'd settled both of them comfortably. Or at least as comfortable as it could get without a pillow in the back.

Lex honestly didn't have a clue why he was doing this, or why he still kept Chloe in his lap when he knew better than to play with fire. The only reason he could come up with was that it was fun and he was reluctant to have it end. So he'd hold on to it, literally if necessary, for as long as time and the other person involved allowed.

If Lex was this relaxed it meant that he must not think anything was up with her. As long as Chloe was certain that Lex was none the wiser that meant that she could relax. Letting out a deep breath she instead focused on Lex’s shoulders.

They were slouched in the proper position…and she thought that it just might be killing him to do so. His body was so conditioned that it was probably pitching a fit, asking his brain just what in the hell it thought it was doing.

She settled herself more comfortably, and gingerly, in Lex’s lap. At the first indication that this was uncomfortable she’d climb off. For now, though, Lex looked content to have her there.

“Yes, that looks just about right. Or as right as your body will allow,” she added. “All you need is a little practice and your back will be as out of whack as the next guy.”

Chuckling, Lex made a grab to his right to find a pillow, since his back was already complaining about the rough wood. Being used to ergonomically designed business chairs, he really wasn't used to sitting around like this for longer amounts of time. Funny to think someone like him had managed to survive three months on a deserted island without Armani, masseuse or at least a shower for that matter.

“So I'm supposed to ruin my perfectly healthy body to fit in with the crowd? Somehow I don't think that's going to work.”

When he'd gotten the fluffy down pillow behind his back he relaxed a little more. He could get used to this, actually. If it wasn't for the fact that relaxing was kind of hard to do when you were around people that might see it as a weakness. And of course there was the whole issue of an old dog learning new tricks and all that.

Chloe watched as Lex hunted for and found a pillow. “Yeah, I don’t think that’s going to happen either, myself. But you’re trying and, therefore, growing as a person. And all of that touchy-feely crap.”

The problem with this position was she didn’t know where to put her hands. She couldn’t rest them in her lap, that was a little too close to a part of Lex’s anatomy that she really shouldn’t be thinking about.

On his shoulders was also a no-no. It seemed a little too intimate. She settled on placing them on her upper thighs. “It hardly seems fair that I get to school you in the ways of a shlub and yet have me learn nothing. Come on, share. Tell me how I can be more upper crust.” She smiled down at him.

Lex contemplated for a second what he could teach her while she was still sitting in his lap. Most things would require her climbing off of him and that was not what he wanted at the moment.

“Let me think, for one, you wouldn't refer to yourself as upper crust, it's called elite,” he started.

What could he instruct her on? There was proper meal etiquette, conversation, dancing, dress code, posture.

“The posture, you should already know. Keep your back straight, your shoulders in a straight line, chin up and look down your nose more than straight ahead.”

He kept his hands on her hips, pursing his lips as he thought of other things concerning proper etiquette that could be taught while sitting in someone else’s lap.

Moving around as little as was possible, Chloe knew a thing or two about friction and its effect on a man, she straightened her back and drew her shoulders away from the front of her body.

She tilted her chin up slightly and then looked down at Lex. “Really, it is so hard to find good help these days. I was thinking of letting go of my whole wait staff. Then I realized that I cannot even identify a vacuum cleaner and thought better of it.”

Lex bit the inside of his mouth to keep from laughing. Chloe had delivered the line complete with fake British accent and a look he'd seen on more than one trophy wife on banquets.

“Perfect,” he managed to say when he'd got the twitch around his mouth back under control. “Now add a haughty sniff and throw a mink wrap over your shoulder, minding your manicured nails and you're ready to accompany me to any banquet.”

He was still trying not to laugh until his gaze shifted a little lower and he found himself once more up close and personal with the Princeton logo and Chloe's breasts behind it. Slouching a little backwards however sent Chloe shifting further towards him. Lex bit the inside of his cheek and tried to ignore the fact that she was now sitting on his groin as opposed to the top of his thighs like she had done before. Looking up, he hoped she was ignoring that fact, too.

Chloe was proud of herself. With a little more tutelage she might be able to snare her own millionaire. Besides the one that was sitting below her, that was. She had already blown any small chance that she might have had with Lex so she had to look towards the future.

“Bottom line, how many more of these personal lessons do I need before I can land a trust fund baby of my own?” For this question, she used her own voice instead of the one she had used previously. “Because that mink you just mentioned ain’t gonna crawl onto my shoulders of its own volition.”

She paused. “Ok, that sounded really creepy.” And it was even complete with the image of the dead animal creeping along on the floor and then flopping its way up her body. Shaking her head of the image she asked, “And how long would I have to keep up the façade before going back to this?”

Chloe dropped the act and her shoulders, along with the rest of her body, relaxed fully.

Lex relaxed along with her, grinning at Chloe's disgusted face and making a mental note to maybe send her a mink for her next birthday.

“Until you're alone behind closed doors where nobody can see you,” he answered honestly.

At least that's what it was like for him. He didn't think the trophy wives were putting up an act so much as they really were like that. It was scary to think he might end up with one of them at some point in the future. Or he could always do it like Bruce and vow to play the eternal bachelor.

”You really want a mink? Somehow I don't think you're the type,” he mused.

Chloe seemed more like the type to show up in expensive but practical suits, the skirt maybe a bit shorter than would be decent, the cleavage just deep enough to use what she'd been given to her advantage. And it was a definite advantage. Lex shifted and kept his eyes focused on her face. 'Remember the reasons.' The problem was that at the moment, he didn't get further than high school, 'She'll be out of it in a few weeks' and that he'd fired her father 'I could always give him his job back or find a better one for him'.

“Yeech, hell no,” she said, making a disgusted face. “Having the dead body of something, complete with eyes, draped around my shoulders isn’t a sensation that I would revel in.”

“So, you are correct in your estimation of my character.” She thought back to his laundry list of what he knew about her. He had hit the nail on the head every time. It was rather unsettling. Especially since she thought that she was pretty adept at keeping things hidden from people.

Apparently she needed some more practice if even Lex could see right through her. Then again, he was more perceptive than your average bear.

Perhaps it could be attributed to the fact that Lex had to keep up appearances as well. That he recognized a fellow fraud when he saw one. Yet another thing that they had in common.

That was one thing that he had scored very high on in the data. The statistics had implied that he would be able to understand her better than any of the other males in the database. All of the sudden Chloe couldn’t wait to get out of Smallville….and meet a fresh crop of men.

She realized that she had been quiet for far too long when Lex cleared his throat and shifted under her a little bit.

“Sorry,” she murmured. She looked down at him and said, “Guess if I’ve got to be proper at all times in public then dating a magnate that expects that isn’t going to work out.”

Lex smirked back at her and nodded in agreement. “There goes your future career as a trophy wife,” he said, infusing his voice with faux compassion, “What a shame.”

He wondered where her mind had veered off to while she'd been silently staring at the third button from the top of his shirt. After he assured that there wasn't a stain on said shirt or something. Maybe he was really to prim for his own good.

In the back of his mind he was still trying to remember the list of reasons he'd given her when she'd pretty much pounced on him yesterday, in front of the Talon. He still didn't get any further than the two reasons he remembered and they didn't seem quite as valid anymore. There had been four others, he remembered that much. If only he remembered what they had been.

Chloe sighed dramatically. “It really is. I mean, whatever am I going to do with my little, old self now?” She did her best impression of Lana. She looked off to her right, not staring at anything in particular. She noticed that Lana did that sometimes when she started on a really good whine.

“Flouncing around and acting all pathetic and helpless is what I’m best at. A man just has to come and marry me.” She pouted her lower lip out and tried her best to get her eyes to fill with crocodile tears.

“I didn’t even get my husband and he’s already left me!” Her voice cracked and she threw herself forward a little, pretending to sob uncontrollably on Lex’s chest.

Lex looked down his nose at Chloe, a little surprised by her impromptu outburst and trying not to break out into laughter, once more.

“Uhm, Chloe,” he spoke into her hair since her nose was still very much buried in his chest where she sobbed overdramatically.

He ran his hand slowly up and down on her back and let himself enjoy the sensation. It was nice to have her snuggled up next to him and technically, she was eighteen so it wasn't like he'd be breaking a law if he... forced himself sternly away from that thought and returned to what he was about to say.

tbc

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Re: Sexual Statistics (R) Updated: April 27, 2009

Damn it, Lex, forget the damn reasons! It's great how well he knows her, and I love just how comfortable they were being with each other. Come on Chloe, the man is refusing to let you up from his body, I think it's safe to say he wants you. They have such great humor together as well as chemistry...if only Lex would just cross that damn line.

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar

Talking Re: Sexual Statistics (R) Updated: April 27, 2009

I'm so glad that Chloe forgot her plan to run away!! And look how she was rewarded, getting to sit on Lex's lap!! Lucky girl!! I'm jealous!! Thank you so much for the wonderful update!! I really, really love this story!! Lex is trying so hard to be good!! It's so cute!! Can't wait for more!! You guys are incredible!!

See that's why I've stuck to reading completed fics in the archives for a year. So I don't spend time wallowing in torture waiting for you to fulfill a cliffhanger while I should be studying biochemistry.

Please post more soon for the sake of my grades .

Not that I think that kind of blackmail will work.

Fun update, really, thanks guys.

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Re: Sexual Statistics (R) Updated: April 27, 2009

This was a very sexy update!

I like that Chloe has changed her mind about getting a man on her list to sleep with her because it appears that Lex is also starting to change his mind.

I like how he is slowly realizing just how attracted he is to Chloe--can't wait to see how Lex handles having Chloe is his arms
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information