Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NS Fanfiction Awards 2009

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Cool NS Fanfiction Awards 2009

That's right! The Fanfiction Awards are coming once again! It's been quite some time since the last one was launched!

Winner List

Winner list can be found here

Voting period

FINAL Voting Round ends on April 12th, midday!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

What exactly IS the NS Fanfiction Awards?

The NS Fanfiction Awards is an award show for the awesome fanfictions posted here at NS Forums.

Nomination process and voting

You will be able to nominate fanfictions and fanfiction authors through an online form. You will then be able to vote for your favourites through a poll.

The nomination process will include rounds. The first round is unlimited, meaning you can nominate as many as you'd like in as many categories you'd like. Meaning you can nominate a story in several different categories. Please note that, nominating is not the same as voting, so please only nominate a fanfic once per category. It's no point in sending in the same nomination in the same category twice.

Then the next round will limit the nominees to the top 5 or so in every category, and then the next round will be a voting for the top 1 in every category.

Example: 40 fanfictions are nominated for Best Erotica/NC17, in the next round we cut that list down to 5, then we cut it down to the top 1 (the winner).

You will have to login with your NS username and password BEFORE you are allowed to vote and nominate.

NS Forums Fanfiction Categories versus NS Fanfiction Award categories

You can enter ANY fanfiction posted here on NS Forums into ANY category in the award show, it doesn't matter if the fanfiction in question is posted in a different category here on the forums.

Who can be nominated?

Everyone who has published a fanfiction here on NS Forums and fanfictions posted here* on NS Forums. Usually previous winners can't be entered, but seeing as I don't have on record the previous winners for the Fanfiction Award show, I'm allowing everyone to enter this year, even past winners (should anyone remember the previous winners...)

*Only fanfictions posted and completed AFTER 2003 can enter. This is because a previous fanfictions award show was held around 2003

Only fanfictions NOT in the graveyard section can be nominated.

Any questions?

Categories

Best Veteran Author*
    Best New Author*
    Best Short Story
    Best WIP
    Best Erotica/NC17
    Best Romance
    Best Humor
    Best Angst
    Best Adventure/Suspense
    Best AU
    Best Canon
    Best Characterization of Lex
    Best Characterization of Chloe
    Best Characterization of Non-chlex SV character
    Best characterization of an original character

* Authors who first posted a fanfiction BEFORE January 2008 are Veteran Authors, and authors who first posted a fanfiction AFTER January 2008 are so-called New Authors.

** WIPs will only be eligible in the WIP and characterization categories.
    Last edited by Julie; 12th April 2009 at 20:33.
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Re: NS Fanfiction Awards 2009! - Coming to a browser near you!

This is a fantastic idea, Julie. I wasnīt around when the previous contests were organised, but I have to say itīs always nice for authors to get recognition from the fans that help close the artistic cycle.

I love the banner and the avatar, by the way.

To give more people the chance to win something, each category might include a Gold, Silver and Bronze Medal, so to speak. Itīd also be nice to intitute a Best Novel Writer on NS (in the sense of new writer), and why not a Best Veteran Writer?
    Last edited by Julie; 7th March 2009 at 15:15.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Julie's Soul Sister

I'm thrilled!!!!

If I may have a suggestion for the WIP.. I voted that they should be included, but really what I suggest is that there is an award for 'promising fic' or 'best start' or something like that.

I don't think WIP should be mixed with completed ones. Otherwise, where do you make the cut? After 5 chapters, a fic is elligible? 10? So it's just an idea, but either one category for WIP or few ones.. Like if you do, for the completed ones 'most romantic', could also do 'WIP best romantic'.. Makes sense?

Anywho.. I am excited

PS: Love the banner too!!
    Last edited by MelBee1985; 2nd March 2009 at 18:11.

NS Full Member

Sorry I don't have any suggestions at the moment but I do love the banner too, Julie. : )

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    To give more people the chance to win something, each category might include a Gold, Silver and Bronze Medal, so to speak. Itīd also be nice to intitute a Best Novel Writer on NS (in the sense of new writer), and why not a Best Veteran Writer?
    All the winners will be able to call themselves the winner in the respective categories, but I could also add some (more) glory in the form of a free subscription If that was what you meant...

Best Newcomer and Best Veteran are two good suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by MelBee1985 View Post
    I'm thrilled!!!!

If I may have a suggestion for the WIP.. I voted that they should be included, but really what I suggest is that there is an award for 'promising fic' or 'best start' or something like that.

I don't think WIP should be mixed with completed ones. Otherwise, where do you make the cut? After 5 chapters, a fic is elligible? 10? So it's just an idea, but either one category for WIP or few ones.. Like if you do, for the completed ones 'most romantic', could also do 'WIP best romantic'.. Makes sense?

Anywho.. I am excited

PS: Love the banner too!!
    We'll see what the public says about WIPs vs. Completed before we make a decision

Quote Originally Posted by PMD View Post
    Sorry I don't have any suggestions at the moment but I do love the banner too, Julie. : )
    That's okay, you don't have to suggest any categories Thanks for the comment on the banner
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    All the winners will be able to call themselves the winner in the respective categories, but I could also add some (more) glory in the form of a free subscription If that was what you meant...

Best Newcomer and Best Veteran are two good suggestions
    Thatīs not what I meant, but a free subscription would be definitely nice. No, what I meant was to institute at least a First and Second Prize in each category- Gold for the frontrunner and Silver for the runner-up.It doesnīt necessarily have to be a free subscription- maybe a banner, or something.

Iīm happy you found my suggestion interesting.

My fics:

COMPLETE FICS

Second Chances
    Payback Time
    The Love of Two Men
    Hope and Happiness
    The Countdown
    Shadows from the Past
    Finding the Way Back
    The Real Thing
    The Christmas Gift
    Addicted
    The Naked Truth
    Crossing Paths and its sequel
    Rebuilding
    Last edited by lexie; 2nd March 2009 at 20:16.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

I can't knock the people with WIP since I have three of them my self.

Julie's Soul Sister

lol Well My only one is a WIP!

Ok Julie Like I said though, my vote needed a precision: I am for the WIP, but I don't see them in competitions directly against completed.

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Ok Julie Like I said though, my vote needed a precision: I am for the WIP, but I don't see them in competitions directly against completed.
    I agree with this. Have a complete fic award then the best WIP award.

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Thatīs not what I meant, but a free subscription would be definitely nice. No, what I meant was to institute at least a First and Second Prize in each category- Gold for the frontrunner and Silver for the runner-up.It doesnīt necessarily have to be a free subscription- maybe a banner, or something.

Iīm happy you found my suggestion interesting.
    Ahh, now I understand what you meant It wouldn't be a problem getting that data out. We'll see when the nomination period begins, see if there are plenty of nominees or what

Quote Originally Posted by letia84 View Post
    I can't knock the people with WIP since I have three of them my self.
    Haha, perhaps you should dedicate some time to finish them

Mhm, mhm.

Thread Information