Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: NS Fanfiction Awards 2009

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Re: NS Fanfiction Awards 2009! - Coming to a browser near you!First post revised 9th

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    Hey, Julie! What about what we discussed with the girls to take into account just the fics posted after 2003- the last time a contest of this sort was organised?

ETA: It was great to be able to help.
    Thanks for the heads up Lexie, I've edited the first post now

Quote Originally Posted by MelBee1985 View Post
    No prob Julie

It was a random meeting, but it has been apparently really helpful, hehe.
    Hehe, sometimes awesome stuff comes out of randomness Just think of the Post-It!
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Re: NS Fanfiction Awards 2009! - Coming to a browser near you!First post revised 9th

I going with Yes, make the voting process more secure! You should be a member if your going to vote.

Julie's Soul Sister

Quote Originally Posted by letia84 View Post
    I going with Yes, make the voting process more secure! You should be a member if your going to vote.
    mhm And mostly, it avoids multiple votes, which doesn't really give a fair competition, in my opinion.

Ok, NOW I'm excited Julie, let it start

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

mhm And mostly, it avoids multiple votes, which doesn't really give a fair competition, in my opinion.

Ok, NOW I'm excited Julie, let it start
    Hehe, I'm working on it, I'm working on it!
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

NS Full Member

Hey Julie thanks for updating the rules on the first page. Just two things (I know we're killing you here).

1) The 2003 rule -- I thought it was fics completed after 2003 (because there was a limitation on the categories WIPs could be nominated in) -- If I'm wrong about that just ignore me.

2) WIPs -- We should probably clarify the fact that WIPs will only be eligible in the WIP and carechterization categories.

Okay have I been enough of a bother now?

Sadly, I can never get the chatroom thingie to work for me here.

I think you should definitely keep the awards to 20 categories or less. But I do have other category ideas. (Which are probably being discussed in the chatroom I can't get into. )

1. Best Drama (Because not all dramatic stories are angsty.)

2. Best Darkfic/Horror (For stories that deal with creepiness, whether physical or psychological.)

3. Best Multi-Chapter Story (Since there's already a short story category.)

4. Best Series. (For stories with sequels.)

5. Best Collaboration. (For those stories written by more than one person.)

Just some thoughts. Feel free to totally ignore them.

Also, what do you mean by "Best Canon." Do you mean stories that stick closest to the show's canon, or stories that are most like an episode of the show?
    Last edited by Dannyblue; 10th March 2009 at 02:14.

Julie's Soul Sister

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyblue View Post
    Sadly, I can never get the chatroom thingie to work for me here.

I think you should definitely keep the awards to 20 categories or less. But I do have other category ideas. (Which are probably being discussed in the chatroom I can't get into. )

2. Best Darkfic/Horror (For stories that deal with creepiness, whether physical or psychological.)

Just some thoughts. Feel free to totally ignore them.

Also, what do you mean by "Best Canon." Do you mean stories that stick closest to the show's canon, or stories that are most like an episode of the show?
    I'm not sure about 3 and 5 (5, there aren't alot in team, no?), but I do wanted to suggest the drama too and I dunno if there is alot series, but I agree it could be interesting.

No 2.. Any example?

I'm not sure about 3 and 5 (5, there aren't alot in team, no?), but I do wanted to suggest the drama too and I dunno if there is alot series, but I agree it could be interesting.

No 2.. Any example?

Well, yes, I have written my share of darkish fic.

But I love to read it too, but it can be hard to find here. So I was selfishly thinking a list of nominated darkfics would make it easier for me to find 'em.

NS Full Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyblue View Post
    While I could see it, I will put out there that I do think most of the "dramas" on this board would wind up falling in at least one of the other categories (i.e. romance, adventure/suspense, a/u, canon, Erotica, etc.) Though I think it has some merit. Anyone else's thoughts on this?

Again I think this can be covered in large part with the Adventure/Suspense category; also I'm there with Lexie that I'm not sure I can think of enough to create a true competition in a category. We don't want to create categories where fics will be nominated or win by default. We want to keep this competition exactly that.

I think there's a short story category because the large majority of the stories likely to be nominated are multi-chaptered stories for all the other categories.

I can think of a couple (mostly Zannie's Nameless, and Lessons) We got any others on the board? (TAA's Deep in Bottle/Depths, but then we'd have to address the WIP issue for series) If we've got enough, this could have potential, but again I think there need to be enough stories to really make it a category.

Like Lexie I'm not sure how many we've got. I can think of three, BlueSabby, SuperCLL's HTC (which is a WIP) and Dark Path (also a WIP). So we're back to the same issue making sure there's enough out there to make this worth the category. Because there's nothing to prevent any of these stories from being nominated anywhere else.

I think the idea was stories that best work within or stick closest to the show's canon. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong . . .

All very good points, cypanache. But, like I said, I was just tossing ideas out there. I was going to suggest a Best Crossover category too but figured that, since that one was pretty obvious but not on the list, it must have already been dismissed for some reason.

Thread Information