+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bite Me (NC-17)

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, originally from Newfoundland, Canada.

Bite Me (NC-17)

Spoilers: Up to Season three, just to be safe.
    Rating: This story is rated NC-17 for later chapters.
    Category: Ummm... Comedy/Horror/Smut?
    Summary: When Chloe gets brutally attacked by a werewolf, Lex is the only one who can help her find her attacker and hopefully stop the monster she is becoming.
    Disclaimer: I own nothing. If I did I'd be rich and a very happy girl.

Author's note: Hello, lovely people who decided to read my story! I love you! Anyhoo, This story took me an obscenely long time to finish, and it;s still not actually completed. This is the first story that I've written that is longer than two parts. The plan is to update a chapter a day, starting with the post of the first three chapters. Please review if you read and tell me what you think! I would appreciate it greatly! I hope you enjoy!

The songs that are in brackets at the beginning of a chapter or a section is the song that I listened to when writing it. Yes, I am that much of a loser. My fanfic has a soundtrack. Feel free to laugh amongst yourselves!

Chapter 1

(Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You – Madonna)

The thunder rolled overhead and Chloe thought that it was the perfect end to one of the most humiliating evenings of her life. She walked along the dark, deserted road on the outskirts of Smallville, wiping away the plump tears that flowed down her cheeks and trying to decide whether or not a scathing article about attempted date rape would may her feel better. She was still about an hour’s walk away from her house. She was tired. She was embarrassed. She was angry. But most of all, she was hurt. And that made her even angrier. She pondered for the eighth time what is was about her that only attracted lunatics and murderers?

Chloe scowled and mentally vowed that she wouldn’t give that prick the satisfaction of crying. But when the thunder rolled again and the rain started to fall, she let out another sob, reasoning that - even if the bastard could see her - he would not be able to distinguish the tears from the rain. She wrapped her lace shawl tighter around her shoulders, trying unsuccessfully to keep the cold out. She tried to walk a little faster, but walking a few miles into town in fucking stilettos was not as easy as Ms. Lana “My shit smells like freshly baked brownies” Lang made it look. Chloe rolled her eyes. Great. Now I’m angry and bitter. Chloe wasn’t dressed for hiking. She was dressed for a date. Which she had been very excited about two hours ago.

He had said his name was Peter and she ran into him – literally – at the Talon. Chloe had been sipping her very much needed mid-day caffeine fix and he had apparently been engrossed in the contents of the file folder he was carrying. She had walked into him sending his papers flying all over the floor. More importantly, she had almost spilled her precious coffee all over him. That would have been a travesty. Chloe, her anger receding when she discovered the safety of her coffee, had looked up at him and opened her mouth to apologize. He beat her to the punch.

“Sorry about that, Miss.” He had said, smiling at her. Her had heart sped up. He wasn’t drop dead gorgeous. He wasn’t even someone who she would be normally attracted to…but there was something about him she liked; something about him that she wanted. Chloe couldn’t put her finger on it.

Peter had been wearing a pair of grey dress pants that were riding low on his slim waist. The white shirt, which was tucked into the pants, had the collar open and the sleeves rolled up. Business wear with a relaxed attitude, a look that Lex Luthor would rock if he weren’t such a tight assed daddy’s boy.

Chloe had looked up to his face. She could feel hers burning.

“Sorry…” She had replied shyly, returning his alluring smile.

After she had helped him pick up his papers, they had chatted. She had found that he was very intelligent and funny. And that little extra something that Chloe couldn’t put her finger on was irresistible. An hour later, when he had asked her out to dinner, she had said yes before the full sentence was out of his mouth. They agreed to meet at the Talon after his meeting at seven and with that, her fate was sealed.

When she had gotten home, she asked Lana her advice about what to wear. Chloe wanted to look sexy for him. Lana had picked out her outfit for her. A short maroon dress, black lace shawl and black stilettos.

And so they met.

Peter had said she looked fantastic and she blushed and thanked him. They had sat down at a table by the door and talked over a cup of coffee. They had been just about to leave when the door to the place opened demandingly. In walked Lex Luthor, dressed in a tux, no doubt on his way to an important occasion – perhaps a charity event in Metropolis where the money spent on the party would be more than the money donated to charity.

Lex had glanced over in their direction, Chloe’s legs catching his eye. She had watched as his gaze slowly moved up from her calves to her thighs, to her body, lingering at her breasts, then up to her face. They made eye contact and he had nodded at her, his eyebrow cocking at the notion that it was she who owned the set of legs that he had just been coveting.

Chloe had nodded back as Lex turned and walked confidently to the counter. Peter placed his warm hand on the small of her back and led her to the door, whispering in her ear that he was taking her to a special place. She had assumed it was a restaurant.

It wasn’t. Assuming really did make an ass out of her. She really fucking hated that turn of phrase.

Peter had stopped his car on a deserted road outside of Smallville. She had noticed him glancing down at her legs since they had gotten into his car outside of the Talon. He had turned off the engine and Chloe looked over at him warily. He had not looked so friendly then, in the twilight. Her heart had started to pound as the first touch of fear crept inside of her stomach. Chloe had noticed him smiling, as though he could hear her thoughts. He had then placed a hand on her thigh.

“I thought we were going to a restaurant?” Chloe had asked nervously, breaking the uncomfortable silence within the car.

Peter let out a short laugh and had started moving his hand toward the hem of her dress. Despite her fear, despite her disgust, she had felt her body reacting to his touch. She had forced herself to smack his hand away.

“Oh, Chloe. You look good enough to eat…” He had whispered, menace twisting the once benign features of his face. He then forced his had under her dress and leaned over. His tongue was inside her mouth before she was able to respond. She had pushed him away roughly.

“I think you should take me back to the Talon. I was expecting dinner and I’m hungry.” She had stated icily, using the back of her hand to wipe is slobber off of her face. It was crazy! He was practically attacking her, she was scared of him and there still had been something there that she wanted. What was wrong with her?

“I’ve got some dinner for you right here…” He had said cruelly, his left hand rubbing the hardness between his legs.

“Are you fucking kidding me?” Chloe had yelled, the familiar warmth of anger joining the fear in her stomach. She had found it comforting. Anger was always comforting. Finally, her disgust of him had won out over the dull ache in her nether regions.

His movements had been as quick as lightening, disturbing. Before she had known what was happening, his hand was squeezing her chin painfully as he forced her to look at his face. Her heart had jumped into her throat.

“You fucking cock tease.” He had spat viciously. “You wanted me the first time you laid eyes one me. I could smell it then and I can smell it now. Your cunt gives you away.”

Chloe had tried to move her chin from his grasp, but he was too strong. Her hands had grasped his wrists, trying to pull them away; fear forcing her heart into an almost impossible staccato beat.

“You wear your whore’s dress and you expect me not to take advantage when you stink of sex!” He had roared at her. There had been utter rage in his voice. Rage directed at her. It had been terrifying.

Thinking quickly, Chloe had removed one of her hands from his wrist and raked her nails down his face. He had let got of her chin as she reached behind her and opened the car door. She tumbled out onto the pavement.

Peter had snarled as he leaned over and shut the door. Chloe had started screaming expletives as she got to her feet. She then heard a roar – she hadn’t been sure if it was from the engine or Peter – and the car turned and sped away toward Smallville, leaving her in a cloud of exhaust.

Chloe had let out a sigh of relief as she watched the taillights disappear. Then she had covered her face with her hands and let out a sob. Of course. Why should she be surprised? She should know by now that the only meteor freaks and psychos find her attractive. How many times did she have to be almost killed for that to become clear to her? She had taken a couple of deep breaths and had calmed herself down. It hadn’t been that bad. She was safe and relatively unharmed. It could have been worse. Much worse.

She had let out a final sigh, wiped her tears away and wrapped her shawl tightly around her shoulders. Standing there crying wasn’t going to get her back to Smallville any faster. She had wanted to get as far as she could before it got dark, and twilight was fading faster than she had liked.

And so here she was. Walking on a deserted road in the dark wearing a whore’s dress while the rain washed her sins away, her feeling’s bruised and bleeding.

(Summer Overture – Requiem for a Dream Soundtrack)

Her feet now blissfully numb, Chloe reached the park about 20 minutes away from her house. She knew she was a mess. The rain, which had changed to an eerie mist about a half hour ago, had done its damage. She was sopping wet, her clothes sticking to her shivering, lithe form and no longer providing the little heat they did when they were dry. Her short blonde hair was stuck to her head and cheeks in weird angles and her mascara was no longer on her eyelashes, but in little black rivers that stained her cheeks.

“Finally!” She cried out to park’s entrance. Right. Like it cared she was there. Unless the park entrance happened to be a sociopath – then it would have been happy to she her.

Chloe slapped a hand to her forehead. This was where her thoughts were now? Personifying inanimate objects? Jesus, she really needed to get out of the rain.

She entered the park and, instead of sticking to the path, she cut across the grass in the direction of her house. No use in wasting time. Unfortunately, wet grass and stilettos did not mix well. Chloe stumbled a few of times when her heels had dug into the earth and the earth decided it had wanted her to stay there. She once again freed her shoe and stumbled forward, finally noticing she was not alone in the park. She combed her wet hair back from her face and squinted to get a better view through the light fog.

There were two kids, about 8 or so, cowering in the jungle gym. A shadowy figure with his back turned to Chloe had his hands on the bars and looked like he was coaxing them to come out. Nothing about the scenario looked innocent to her. Chloe took a couple of steps forward onto the concrete path.

“Hey!” Chloe shouted in her most authoritative voice. The figure froze and the kids looked at her with relief on their faces. She nodded at them and pointed. “It’s late, guys. Go home.”

The two boys ducked under the bars and ran away from the figure as fast as they could. They were crying. The figure was now gripping the bars and breathing hard. Chloe could see his shoulders rise and fall. She stepped closer and realized there was something familiar about the man. It was Peter! Fear snaked its way through her chest, but hot anger made her speak.

“Hey, asshole?” She shouted, her voice echoing though the empty park. “What? You couldn’t get any from me, so you decided to sexually assault a few little boys? Wow. You are such a gentleman!”

Peter whipped his head around to glare at her and Chloe’s next words died in her throat. His eyes glowed red and they glared at her in hatred. His mouth and jaw no longer looked human; it resembled that of a canine. He roared at her, baring his elongated teeth, slobber running from his quivering lips. His body seemed to be racked with seizures, his bones cracking, changing. Hair growing. His ears extending above his head. A werewolf.

She had been sexually assaulted by a fucking werewolf.

Chapter 2

(Marion Barfs – Requiem for a Dream Soundtrack)

Chloe stumbled back, her mouth working. She did the only thing she could do. She kicked off her heels and ran. Away from the safety of her house. It stood in the way of that. She ran full tilt toward the trees, which where about 20 metres from where she stood; the sounds of it completing it’s change following her. She glanced back when she was just about to reach the tree line.

It was on all fours, more canine than human, but still resembling both. It’s clothes were shed now, a grey-black hair covering it’s body. It was staring at her with red eyes and before she could look away, it used it’s gigantic upper arms to catapult itself forward, pursuing her. It ran impossibly fast, first on it’s hind legs, then on four, giving it more speed.

A desperate scream finally ripped from Chloe’s throat as she dove into the tree line and tumbled down a small hill, leaving it’s growling behind her. Her heart beat wildly as she jumped up and starting running once more. Branches whipped her face and arms but she ignored them. She heard it crash through the trees. How could she out run this thing? She couldn’t. How could she hide when it could sniff her out? She didn’t know what to do, so she kept on running, not noticing that her feet were cut and bleeding.

Chloe’s heart felt like it was going to burst. The sheer hopelessness of the situation panicked her. It was gaining on her and she started screaming. There was nothing else to do but scream. She screamed for Clark, who always seemed to save her at the last second. He was in Metropolis with his father, a tiny voice inside her head reminded her. She kept screaming for him anyway, begging him to save her; her desperation mounting.

Chloe didn’t need to look behind her to know where it was. She could feel it’s hot breath on the back of her legs. She could hear it’s snarl escalating and she knew it was ready to pounce. She veered right, jumping down over a small hill. If she stumbled now, it would be on her. She saw two thick trucks growing close together about a meter ahead of her and ran straight for the slight gap.

Chloe threw herself at the gap, sliding in sideways. It lunged for her and successfully pushed her the rest of the way through with it’s snout, it’s teeth catching her arm as she fell. She landed on her ass; it’s muzzle inches away from her face. It roared and snarled, it’s hot saliva splattering her. The large trees trembled with the force of it’s thrusts against them, but they stood strong and would not let it through. Leaves and twigs were raining down upon her. She crawled backwards and wiped it’s stinking spit from her face. She forced herself to get up and run. It raged behind her, trying to retract itself from the tiny opening in the trees.

Chloe ran, and it’s enraged howls faded as she put distance between her and it. She suddenly stumbled through the trees and fell onto concrete. A road. She got up, crying. It was deserted. She ran her hands through her wet hair and paced in the centre of the road, trying to figure out what to do. She noticed headlights in the distance and she sobbed in relief. She started limping forward when a large crack and a triumphant howl in the distance made her stop. Her head whipped around; she stared at looking at woods. It was coming. She could hear it. It was following her scent. She looked down at her arms and legs and saw that they were bleeding from her full tilt run in the woods. The wound made by it’s teeth was minimal, but it glistened with fresh blood. It was hungry and she had made an easy trail for it.

The car was turning the corner and she stood in the middle of the road and waved her hands. The vehicle braked and skidded slightly. It was a large, black limo and she ran toward the side, jumped into the backseat and slammed the door. She sat on the floor and screamed for the driver to move. She looked down and noticed that she was sitting next to a pair feet in expensive looking shoes. She looked up into the eyes of a very shocked Lex Luthor, one of his hands held a cell phone loosely to his ear. He was no longer listening to the other person. She turned and again shrieked at the driver to go. Lex turned off his cell with no warning to the person on the other end. He reached for her and opened his mouth to speak.

It crashed into the side of the limo with such force that both Lex and Chloe were thrown to the other side of the vehicle. It’s head burst through the window closest to where they had been; it’s eyes burning for her. Once more it craned it’s neck to get to her, it’s powerful hind legs pushing the limo sideways, onto the other side of the road and toward the ditch. It howled in fury and gnashed it’s teeth. Bloodlust, Chloe realized. It smelled her blood and it wanted more than just a taste. Lex pushed her farther back against the door and put himself in front of her. He reached for his gun, which was tucked into a holster by his shoe, and fired two shots at it. One missed and one skimmed it’s muzzle, it’s blood splattered both the car upholstery and Lex’s pristine white shirt. It howled in pain and pushed the car away in anger. Lex shouted at his driver to go and they were off, leaving the howling beast behind.

Chloe let out a sob and climbed onto the seat to look out the rear window. It was following them. Lex climbed up beside her and looked out. They both saw it veer off course and run into the woods.

“Do you think it’s still following us?” Chloe asked him, her voice hoarse from screaming.

“I don’t know.” Lex answered. A split second later he shouted to his driver to call ahead to the mansion and tell them to have security waiting for them. Chloe turned away from the rear window and leaned on the panel beside the unbroken side window, pulling her legs up to her chest and hugging them.

She watched Lex as he looked her up and down, taking in all her cuts and bruises, making sure isn’t seriously hurt. Nothing sexual in his gaze anymore, she noticed.

“So… What the fuck was that?” He questioned, staring at her intently.

“My date.” Chloe replied, deadpan.

“Come again?”

Chapter 3

(Breathe Me – Track 16 - Bath Mix)

By the time the limo pulled to a stop by the mansion, Chloe had told Lex about the whole terrible night, not bothering to leave anything out. She was too tired for lies and it felt good to tell someone else, even if that person was possibly evil and thought of her as a minor annoyance. Throughout her story, his scowl deepened.

A security guard opened the door – the one that was still working – and Lex stepped out. He stretched out his arm for Chloe and she took it gratefully. Her legs were shaking and she didn’t know how well she could stand without help. She stepped out of the vehicle and whimpered when she put her left foot down. With her hand on Lex’s arm, she reached down and took a sharp rock about the size of a nickel out of the pad of her foot. She squeezed her eyes shut and dropped it on the ground in disgust. Tears ran from the corners of her shut eyes.

“Chloe?” Lex asked.

Chloe took a deep breath and looked up at him. The worry she saw on his face took her off guard. She nodded. He looked at the guard on his right and told him to stick by her. He turned back to her and patted the hand that was on his arm. She nodded again and watched him stride ahead to the group of guards waiting for his orders, the majority of whom were looking at her with confusion on their faces. Chloe shut the door of the damaged limo as the guard took her arm and began to lead her toward the steps of the mansion.

It was much stealthier than she had given it credit for. When it attacked, it attacked silently and with astonishing quickness. Neither Chloe nor the guard had seen it coming. One second she was walking, the next she was splayed on the ground, her guard’s head rolling past her. His body still held her arm and the blood that spurted from his open neck onto her face temporarily blinded her. She let out a gurgling cry and tasted her guard’s coppery life running down her throat. She heard Lex shouting for her. By the time she wiped the blood from her eyes, she saw it’s jaws descending upon her. A split second later she felt searing pain rip though her as it’s sharp teeth plunged into her shoulder and neck. She let out one terrible scream, then it’s teeth severed her vocal cords. It shook her, ripping her flesh. The pain faded away surprisingly fast. Soon she couldn’t feel anything at all; even though she could hear the monster still tearing her flesh. She heard gunfire and shouting. Her head flopped over and she saw Lex and his men. Lex is shouting orders to them. Kill it, he snarled. He looked scared for her.

It dropped her and sniffed, determining whether or not she was any further threat. She wasn’t. She couldn’t move. She couldn’t hear anymore either, for that matter. And her vision was rapidly going black.

Am I dead?

Suddenly she was floating, weightless above her body. She felt like crying, but she couldn’t. She looked down and watched as the werewolf suddenly stopped sniffing her to turn toward the group, rewarding them with a triumphant howl, her blood dripping from it’s maw. Just as quickly as it had appeared, it disappeared, bounding into the woods.

Chloe watched as Lex jogged over to her, calling her name. He knelt down and waved a hand in front of her unmoving eyes. He looked back at his security team and screamed at them to call his doctor. He moved his hand under her chin to check her pulse and put his other hand over his eyes. Chloe called his name. Nothing. She tried to move her arm down for him to take it but she couldn’t move. The air felt thick, like she was suspended in water. I don’t want to die! Panic tried to seize her but it could not take hold. She was not whole anymore. She was insubstantial; a whisper.

Suddenly she felt something. Pain. And suddenly she was no longer on the other side. The scales had tipped back and she was now a part of the land of the living once again. And it fucking hurt. Again, she could see through her open eyes, and hear, and feel. She could feel Lex’s warm hand on her neck. Finally, she felt that painful first beat of her heart. Without warning, she sucked air into her greedy lungs. Then she bolted upright and screamed.

Lex jumped back and landed hard on his ass.

“FUCK!” He shouted in surprise. He recovered quickly and scrambled toward her. And just that quickly her pain was reduced to a dull and fading ache.

“Jesus Christ, Chloe!” He exclaimed, his hands suddenly on her face, wiping her bloody hair away from her eyes. He scanned her, his eyes finally locking on to hers. “You were dead. I felt your pulse. You were gone.”

Chloe worked her mouth, her lower lip trembling. She clamped a hand over her mouth, but a sob escaped anyway. Lex stared at her with a surprising amount of concern. He looked afraid to touch her then, like she wouldn’t want his comfort. Gently, he put his arms around her. She leaned against his chest and sobbed. He felt warm and strong and exactly what she needed. Which was very disconcerting because they weren’t supposed to like each other all that much. When she calmed down, she pulled herself back and wiped her tears away with the back of her hand.

Lex furrowed his brow and checked her pulse once more. It was beating normally. Chloe watched him while he inspected her wounds. All her senses were surprisingly sharp. She felt no pain anymore. Was she just numb? No, she felt Lex’s hands on her skin. Something wasn’t right here.

“This isn’t fucking possible…” Lex whispered to himself. It jerked Chloe from her thoughts.

“What?” She whispered.

“You’re… You’re wounds…they’ve stopped bleeding. They look like they are already healing.” He said to her, leaning back on his haunches and placing his hands on his thighs.

“Maybe it didn’t do as much damage as you thought?” Chloe offered, looking down and examining her shoulder. She didn’t even believe that.

“Chloe… It… those wounds were deep. Trust me, I looked at them.” He replied.

Chloe tried to get to her feet.

“No!” Lex stated when he saw what she was doing. She stopped and looked at him. “Don’t get up. My doctor is on his way. I’m not really sure how to move you inside without hurting you…”

“Lex, I’m not hurt…”

Lex looked at her as if she was crazy.

Chloe shook her head. “No, I mean I don’t hurt. I don’t feel any pain anymore. And I’m not numb. I could feel you, I can feel everything, but it just doesn’t hurt.”

They both turned when they heard a car driving up to the mansion. A dishevelled looking man jumped out of the front seat. He reached back into the car and took out his medical bag. Lex’s security chief hurried over to the doctor to inform him of what had just happened and to lead him toward Chloe and Lex. The man was still in pyjamas. Chloe guessed that when a Luthor said jump, you did so without questions.

“There’s something wrong with me.” She said, turning to look at Lex once again. “I should be dead, shouldn’t I?”

Lex looked at her with darkness just behind his eyes. He flicked them down on the ground briefly. Chloe looked down and discovered that she was sitting in a large pool of sticky crimson. The blood, her blood, surrounded her, thick and reeking of death. She felt herself slipping back, then, and she was completely unconscious by the time her back hit the wet pavement behind her.
    Last edited by JennyD13; 7th March 2009 at 20:39. Reason: Forgot to enter rating.

Re: Bite Me

Wow! Awesome start! And three whole chapters already...sweetness. I really hope you do update each day, even just a little, because this story is fantastic. You did an amazing job writing that chase scene; my stomach was on knots and, yes, I was even on the edge of my seat. Some great pieces:

She had been sexually assaulted by a fucking werewolf.
    And,

“So… What the fuck was that?” He questioned, staring at her intently.

“My date.” Chloe replied, deadpan.

“Come again?”
    I can't wait for more!

WW

Re: Bite Me (NC-17) Posted: Feb. 20, 09

Ok, the beginning is very interesting. Chloe and her sad records in relationships... And Lex... (sighs). Looking forward for more.

Wink Re: Bite Me (NC-17) Posted: Feb. 20, 09

what a story..........
    can't wait for next update, please,please update soon.........

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

My heart is still pounding. Why is she still alive? Doe she have the healing power?
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Talk about pulse pounding Yikes. Poor Chloe I'm glad Lex was able to help. This is certainly a mystery about her healing, because of the bite and wolf or maybe her own meteor powers. I look forward to much more. Dagney

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Interesting beginning. Can't wait to read more.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, originally from Newfoundland, Canada.

Re: Bite Me (NC-17) Updated: Feb. 21, 09

Author's note: Thanks for the reviews guys! Here are the next couple of chapters!

Chapter 4

(Crazy – Alanis M.)

Chloe slept. She fought sharp toothed monsters in her dreams. Sharp toothed monsters which were all named Peter. While she fought her fears in the darkness, she heard Lex and another man speaking. Their voices were hazy, drifting closer then farther away from her. She screamed for Lex to help her, but she got the feeling that he didn’t even hear her, like she was in a sinister place meant only for her. After a while, she noticed that she could no longer hear Lex’s voice and she became more afraid. Her last link to her normal world was gone. That’s when the monsters became too much for her to face and she was jerked awake.

Chloe found herself in lying in a warm, comfortable bed in a large, well furnished room. Her first thought was that she was famished. Starving. More hungry than she had ever been in her 18 years of existence. She noticed she was alone and it took a couple of seconds before she realized what she was doing there. Her memories flowed back to her in a very hazy way, like it was only part of her nightmare. Attacked by a fucking werewolf? Sounded like a nightmare. But if that was the case, why was she lying in a guest room in the Luthor mansion? At least she thought it was the Luthor mansion. It smelled like the mansion.

Her last thought made her stop. She realized that it did indeed smell like the Luthor mansion – like Lex – but all she was able to smell before was faint lemon scented disinfectant and the smoky smell of Lex’s fireplace – or more likely fireplaces. But now she could smell a scent that was inherently Lex. It was a masculine scent and Chloe couldn’t even begin to describe it. Just as she couldn’t even begin to explain how she knew it was his. Or how she could smell it, for that matter. Maybe she knocked her head on something and the sensory part of her brain was bruised or something. That happened, didn’t it?

Chloe folded the heavy blankets away from her body and stepped onto the cold hardwood floor. Well, she certainly didn’t feel like she was just at death’s door. In fact she felt great. She stepped in front of the mirrored armoire to her left an examined her reflection. Nope. She didn’t look like she had just had a near death experience either. Her stomach growled, insistent that she cram food into it right now. Yeah, yeah. Hold on a minute, she thought as she unbuttoned the white dress shirt that someone had changed her into. She pulled the soft material back and examined her body. She was slightly flushed, her cheeks showing most of the color. She walked closer to the mirror and looked at the wounds were inflicted on her earlier. They were only scratches now. Blood red marks that marred the creamy skin of her shoulder and chest. She looked at the bottoms of her feet. Nothing to indicate that she spent anytime running barefoot in the woods. What the fuck was happening? How long had she been here?

The growling of her stomach snapped her out of her reverie. As Chloe buttoned up her shirt, she noticed her torn and bloody dress and the ruined matching panty and bra set that had set her back 80 bucks. She sighed. Who did she need to look sexy for anyway? The next guy who tried to kill her? Fuck that. He could damn well try to kill her while she was in sweats. At least she would die comfortable, damn it!

Finally, she decided that she would obey her stomach. She was so hungry that it hurt. She could ponder later. Plenty of time for that. She padded out into the hallway, keeping as quiet as she could. She didn’t know why. The mansion had a library kind of feel to it; like if she were to make noise a scary old librarian would come out and shush her. Or Lionel. Uh. Scary thought.

Chloe ran lithely down the stairs and toward the kitchen, her belly leading the way. She poked her head into the large room and was glad to see that it was deserted. She skipped towards the fridge. She wanted meat. Something filled with protein to…

“Oh! Steak!” She whispered to herself as poked through the large fridge.

Chloe grabbed the Styrofoam package with a big, bloody steak in it. She closed the fridge door with her hip while hastily opening the package. God! Why was she so hungry? As she made her way to the counter, some of the blood dripped on the floor and she had to restrain herself from dropping down on her hands and knees and licking it up. Yet another reaction that scared the hell out of her that could wait until she was full. She dropped the package on the counter and got the steak out.

She took a big bite out it and moaned. It tasted wonderful. How could she not know how good raw meat tasted! Why had she cooked it all these years when she could have eaten it raw and had a flavour orgasm every time? Duh!

Chloe was almost done when she heard a voice behind her.

“Ahhh, Chloe? What are you doing?” Lex said, standing in the doorway of the kitchen.

Chloe whipped around, her mouth full of steak.

“Nuffin’…” She said, her eyes shifting, trying to come up with a good excuse.

Lex furrowed his brow and tried to suppress his smirk. As he walked over, she crept away from him and pressed her back against the cupboard. He looked down and saw that she had eaten the better part of a large steak. He looked at her, confused. Chloe looked away and shrugged.

“I was hungry…”

“Yeah…” Lex replied, looking at her strangely. “I was just going to check you when I heard you moaning in the kitchen.” He looked her up and down, his eyebrow cocked and a smirk spread on his face. “I did not expect to see you in here making that kind of noise eating raw meat.”

Chloe couldn’t look him in the eye. She could feel herself blush at what he was implying. She was breathing hard, her heart racing in her chest, nipples straining through the material of the shirt she was wearing. She could see what Lex was talking about and she was suddenly ashamed and scared of her behaviour. All she could smell was the meat…

“Lex, what the fuck’s wrong with me?” She asked, suddenly slamming her hand on the counter.

Lex pursed his lips and sighed. He reached out and gently moved the collar of her shirt to one side, exposing the scratches on her neck and shoulder. He furrowed his brow when he saw them.

“Come with me.” He said, his eyes lingering on her shoulder. He looked up at her and pulled her shirt collar back into place. “My doctor has completed some blood tests. Maybe he can shed some light onto your…unique situation.”

Chapter 5

(Skin – Natalie Merchant.)

Chloe sat in a comfortable chair in Lex’s study, legs curled up under her. She wasn’t listening to Lex and his weary doctor anymore. She had heard enough.

There was something wrong with her blood. It had changed - mutated was the exact word the doctor had said. It was a word Chloe wouldn’t have used in front of a patient, but apparently he was not only a doctor but a prick as well. Good for him.

Mutated. She was a mutant. She sighed and closed her eyes. She felt normal – great, actually – but a normal person doesn’t just go into a stranger’s kitchen and chow down on raw meat while moaning in ecstasy. At the thought of the raw meat, she felt a tiny hunger pang in her stomach and she winced. Wonderful. Her blood has taken on an element that the doctor could best describe as canine. She was turning into a dog. She didn’t want to be a dog! She didn’t want to spend the rest of her life attacking people and sniffing butts, damn it! She had too much self respect for that.

Chloe wondered how much of Peter’s actual personality was left. Was he always a date rapist? Was he born with the condition? Or did his personality change when he was bitten by another were…

And there was the word that she was avoiding. Werewolf. She couldn’t be a werewolf. They didn’t exist. They were something out of stories, myths. Never the less, she had been bitten by one. And she was changing.

“Chloe.”

Lex’s voice startled her out of her reverie. The doctor was gone. Lex was leaning on his desk facing her, his arms crossed. She had no idea when the doctor had left or how long he had been studying her. She saw a feverish excitement in his eyes that she didn’t like.

“This is amazing. Do you know what this means?” Lex said eagerly. He moved toward her and crouched down in front of her. “Regeneration? Resurrection! Jesus, Chloe! You came back from the dead! With your blood…”

Chloe couldn’t believe the shit was coming out from his mouth. She traced a fading red line on her lower arm. It looked like she had had it for years, not that she had received it last night. An experiment. That’s all she was in the eyes of a Luthor. She was nothing but a fucking experiment to him the moment she had dived into his limo. She should have known better. She mistook him for a decent person there for a second.

Chloe shook her head and glared at him coldly.

“I think you’re getting a head of yourself. When it killed me, I was already infected. It had already wounded me. It came after me so viciously because it knew it fucked up. It knew that if it didn’t kill me soon, I would change. But apparently, it was too late… Lucky for you, huh, Lex?”

His expression turned into one of confusion.

Chloe stood and walked closer to the door. She turned back to him and let her anger clip her words.

“Maybe we should just go down to your basement now. You can string me upside down and bleed me dry. It would save us both a lot of time.”

Lex, eyebrows furrowed, tried to interrupt. She wouldn’t give him the satisfaction.

“I AM NOT ONE OF YOUR EXPERIMENTS, LEX!” She growled, “For God’s sake, you know me! Your Clark’s best friend! I though you were going to be a decent human being for once and help me, but I guess I was wrong. If that’s the price I have to pay for your kindness, I don’t want it.”

Lex opened his mouth and moved toward her.

“No.” Chloe demanded bitterly as she looked him in the eyes. “You stay away from me.”

Chloe left a stunned Lex standing in his office. She ran upstairs and into her assigned room. She grabbed her soggy clothes and hastily dressed, leaving Lex’s shirt strewn on the floor. Yeah, take that, Lex! She phoned a cab from the antique phone on the bureau and grabbed the soggy money which lay on the dressing table, stuffing it back in her bra. Thankfully, she decided on this very classy option rather than a handbag. The handbag would no doubt be somewhere in the woods right now, along with her money and her way home.

Chloe left the room and launched herself down the stairs, hoping that she wouldn’t encounter the master of the house again. Her luck wasn’t all that good, lately and he was waiting for her at the bottom of the stairs. Again he opened his mouth to say something. Fuck that.

“Thank you for your hospitality, Mr. Luthor.” She said apathetically and she brushed past him on the way to the door.

“Chloe! Would you wait a fucking…”

He grabbed her arm roughly before she could grab the knob. She spun around and she delivered a sharp smack to the side of his face; cutting off the excuse he was about to give her. He stumbled back, his hand touching his reddened cheek and Chloe was out the door before she caught his reaction. As she walked barefoot down the driveway to wait for the cab, she started to cry.

She had never felt so alone in her life.

Chapter 6

(Runaway – Avril Lavigne)

Chloe dropped her head onto the large book that was spread out before her and growled in frustration. She was in the library and had been for about seven hours since the library opened. She had gotten her shower at four. She dressed quickly in jeans and a t shirt and, forgoing the make up (which made her look about 12), she had grabbed a full slab of raw bacon out of the fridge and was out the door within 20 minutes. The library opened at seven and she had some things to do before she got here. During the last seven hours, she had learned everything there was to know in the Smallville Public Library about werewolves. She was hoping for a book called ‘The Dummies Guide to Conquering the Werewolf Within’, but apparently they didn’t have that one on the market yet. As soon as she figured out how to beat this, she was convinced that she’d find it at Chapters in a 30% off pile. Life just seemed to work like that sometimes.

Chloe took a deep breath and sat back up. Okay, she said to herself, just calm down. Everything is going to be fine. She was tired. After storming from the Luthor mansion, Chloe had spent the time soaking in a hot bath, taking turns crying about her situation and raging at the audacity of Lex Luthor, and researching on the internet. She found a site that lists the ways of repelling or defending yourself against a werewolf. Crossing running water was a no go. She had visited the brook behind her house this morning. Other than slipping and getting her sneakers wet, nothing happened. Iron? She tried throwing an iron horse shoe over her head when she took a side trip to the Kent Farm this morning. Nadda. She couldn’t find any wolf bane, so she had no idea its effect. But last night, when she had tried silver…

Chloe squeezed her eyes shut trying to hold her tears back. She had taken out the necklace her father gave her for her 16th birthday. It was beautiful sliver chain with a dangling silver quill pendant. It was one of her most prized possessions. She had smiled as she picked it up, expecting nothing to happen. But it had hurt. It had been like an allergic reaction – it burned as if her blood shunned it. She had watched, horrified as a series of red marks, like hives, had burned their way up her arm. Then she had felt a tingling in her throat and chest and suddenly she couldn’t breath. Chloe had dropped her prized necklace on the floor as she fell to her knees and backed away. She huddled in a fetus position on her carpeted bedroom floor, crying. Her breathing returned to normal almost as soon as the silver dropped from her hand. Through the tears, she watched as the red marks faded and within a minute nothing marred her creamy pale skin.

There was no sleep last night for Chloe Sullivan.

Chloe sighed. Maybe she had fooled herself into thinking that everything was going to be okay. That she wasn’t a werewolf. That she really didn’t die last night. It was like a security blanket for her brain. When her reaction to silver was so strong and real, that security blanket was ripped away and her mind was left alone; weak and unprotected. That horrible feeling of mortal fear had not yet left her. It had buried itself deep within her…in her blood.

The majority of the information that she found about werewolves really did not help her at all. Apparently, if one didn’t live in the Middle Ages, then it was frowned upon to believe in them. A lot of the information that she had read regarded werewolves as mythical creatures. Werewolves even made an appearance in fairy tales. A talking wolf that lusted for the flesh of Little Red Riding Hood and Grandma! Hello!

The first recorded sighting of a werewolf was way back in 1591 in Germany. According to one book, a werewolf was one who can transform from a human into a wolf and that has an uncontrollable desire for human flesh. She was hoping that this belief was in the same category as bloodletting. Complete and utter shit. The official term regarding her condition was called lycanthropy, and although many books had given her wonderful paragraphs full of the possible etymological origins of the word, and claimed that it was associated with witchcraft (as were such things as birthmarks, intelligence, and soap, apparently), the majority of what she had learned did not help her in the least. Well, discounting the new found hatred for the Puritans. No…no, that really didn’t help her at all, now did it? Some books stated that the whole shebang was a hallucination caused by all the hallucinatory drugs used in witch’s potions. Another said that a person who practiced bestiality during life was transformed into a wolf at death. Which really didn’t ease any of her revulsion toward Peter. Which probably wasn’t even his real name.

Chloe sat back on the squeaky wooden chair, which earned her a dirty look from an elderly man sitting on the next table over. She returned his dirty look and shrugged. What the hell was she supposed to do about the squeakiness of the chair? She bit back something snarky about having forgotten her bottle of oil that she usually carried around in her purse for just such an emergency. So she was a little cranky. She deserved it. Bet that irritable old bastard had gotten some sleep before he came here. She shut the book in front of her. That was the last of them. She put it aside and shuffled her notes. At least she got something out of it…

Chloe’s stomach growled embarrassingly loud, and as she hopped up to head to the vending machines in the library hallway, she didn’t even bother to look at the old bastard. She needed to calm down, not kill someone. She stood in front of the vending machine and hauled out a handful of change from the pocket of her jeans. Nothing really appealed to her, mainly because none of it used to be living, but she decided to go with a nutty chocolate bar. Might as well have some protein with my chocolate.

Suddenly she stiffened. She smelled something familiar. It smelled good and a warm feeling entered her stomach. When she realized who the scent belonged to, the tiny hairs on the back of her neck rose. Damn it to hell. He had found her. Figures he wouldn’t give up his cash cow that easily.

It was Lex Luthor.

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

Great fic
    Poor Chloe, I hope Lex can help her figure this out
    Malu

More, more! You're spoiling us with the three chapters, missy. I am majorly diggin' this story. I really like how you're portraying Chloe's lycanthropy; it's very realistic, for a lack of better term. And the possibilities for Chlex luvin' is looking more and more interesting...

Thank you!

WW

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information