+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bite Me (NC-17)

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar

Wink Re: Bite Me (NC-17) Posted: Feb. 20, 09

Poor Chloe!! But why does she think Lex wants her that much? If he used her blood wouldn't he become a werewolf too? I really doubt that he would do that well in one of his meetings if her was growling and eating raw steak!! Hopefully she will take the time to listen to his ideas instead of running away!! Hope you get a chance to post more soon!! This is a facinating story!!

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, originally from Newfoundland, Canada.

Re: Bite Me (NC-17) Posted: Feb. 20, 09

Quote Originally Posted by autumngold View Post
    Poor Chloe!! But why does she think Lex wants her that much? If he used her blood wouldn't he become a werewolf too?

Thanks for reading!
    I just wanted to convey that Lex wanted to experiment on her because of her new werewolf regenerative abilities. Granted, I wouldn't put it past him. He has a thing for power!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Your story continues to be riveting. I love it. I hope Lex can help Chloe cure this. I know he loves to experiment but he really needs to help her.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Love the new chapters & can't wait for more.

Re: Bite Me (NC-17) Updated: Feb. 21, 09

Chapter 7

(Fine Again – Seether)

Chloe glared at the machine in front of her. Her veins felt like they were on fire and she was ready for a fight. In fact, her fingers itched to rake their nails down the tender flesh of his face. Almost as fast as Chloe’s blood had turned to fire, it turned ice cold. Huh, that wasn’t a normal reaction now was it? She scared herself. She knew she had a temper, but a violent one? Not until today. She squeezed her eyes tightly together and waited for him to approach her.

Chloe heard his footsteps coming closer on the carpeted floor. She heard him pause as he looked for her. She was even aware of his softly thumping pulse. Its dull rhythm pumping slightly faster when he located her by the candy machines. Chloe hadn’t been so aware of another person before in her life. And her eyes were closed. She waited for him to stride within hearing distance before she let him know that she was aware of his presence.

“Go away. I’m scary and evil. Leave me alone.” She demanded in a stronger voice than she was expecting.

She heard Lex stop in his tracks behind her and allowed herself a smile before turning to face him.

“What do you want, Lex?” Chloe snarled as she glared at him. “May I remind you that this is a public place and you cannot abduct me with witnesses? Even you can’t get away with that.”

She saw him wince at her words. He opened his eyes and gave her a once over. She could only imagine what she looked like. Haggard, pale face, wrinkled clothes.

“You don’t look well, Chloe.” He said softly, concern and – was that guilt? – evident in his voice. It couldn’t be. Could the antichrist feel guilt?

“This is Chloe with no makeup and even less sleep.” She replied, her voice stripped of all aggression. She suddenly felt tired. And alone.

“Chloe, all I ask is that you listen to what I have to say.”

“Go on.” Chloe replied, slumping against the candy machine.

“Can we go somewhere private…” Lex began as he glanced behind him in the direction of the door.

“Oh, no!” Chloe answered emphatically. “I would feel a lot safer having this discussion right here, thank you very much.”

Lex sighed and pressed his eyes with an index finger and thumb. He looked like he had a headache. Granted, he looked like that whenever he and Chloe had a conversation together. But there was something about him that looked a little worse for wear as well. Though he was impeccably dressed in a black turtle neck and dark gray trousers, there were dark circles underneath his eyes hinting at fitful night’s sleep.

“Look, I want to apologize to you for the yesterday. I know I was callous and I am sorry.” He looked down at the floor. “Sometimes I forget that people don’t see the world as I do. My father never really nurtured my ability to feel empathy. I wish it came more easily to me. I don’t have many friends, Chloe. And at that moment I stopped seeing you as a friend and started seeing you as a means to an end. I do realize that was a terrible mistake.”

Lex looked up at her. Okay. That was a good apology. She felt her anger beginning to melt away. She wasn’t sure it was a good thing. If she trusted him again and she ended up in a secret laboratory… But, God, she wanted to trust somebody. It would be a relief to share her burden. She could feel the cracks in her strength already and it was the second day. It did not bode well.

“Thank you for apologizing. I know it’s not an easy thing for a Luthor to do. I appreciate it, but… I…”

“I’m not asking you to put your life in my hands, Chloe. I know that you would never do that, but I still want to help you. Please.”

Chloe felt relieved.

“Okay, Lex. I would really appreciate the help. Thank you. But if you cross me, so help me God, I’ll go medieval on your ass.”

He looked relieved. He laughed and held up his hands in a sign of mock surrender.

“Alright, Ms. Sullivan. I’m not sure what that means, by you have my word that there will be no double crossing. Besides, my friendship with Clark is hanging by a thread, and if I did anything to hurt you – which I wouldn’t…ever – he’d kill me.”

Chloe smiled.

“Damn straight.” She said weakly as she straightened up and smoothed down her hair. She cocked her head as she thought of something. “Lex, how did you find me?”

“I was looking for you all morning. I went to your house, the Kent’s, the Talon… and then I asked myself what I would do if I were you. Since you don’t have access to any of the materials that I have in my library, I thought I’d probably find you here.”

Chloe rolled her eyes.

“Are you telling me that you have an abundance of information about lycanthropy in your library?” Chloe asked playfully, crossing her arms across her chest.

Lex smiled. He looked almost grateful for being forgiven. Of maybe he wasn’t expecting to be forgiven without a fight. Was she getting soft? Chloe had to remind herself not to fully trust him yet. Jeez. This is going to be harder than I thought. She shook her head. I don’t care how good he smells, remember that you don’t like him, damn it!

“Well,” She said looking down and putting her change in her pocket. Good Lord, she was hungry. “I’ve been through every book in the library about it. Most of it is complete shit, but I did find some interesting tidbits. I don’t really know how it will help me yet, but…” She shrugged off the rest of her sentence.

“Well, I did some research on my own last night, and I found out why Peter was here.” Lex said taking her by the arm and leading her back to her table.

“Really!? Why!?” Chloe asked, looking at him wide eyes. Peter had told her he was in town for a meeting, but she had pretty much disregarded everything that had come out of his mouth at this point. She wasn’t aware that she was being lead anywhere.

Lex sighed tersely.

“My father.”

Chapter 8

(Push It - Garbage)

“Son of a BITCH!”

Chloe didn’t mean to shout profanity so loud in a public library. It just escaped her mouth that way. Apparently she had less control of her reactions. She didn’t have much control anyway, so no good could come from her when all the filters in her brain were down. Lex was busy smiling and diplomatically apologizing for her outburst. He didn’t look embarrassed. Clark would have been mortified. Granted, Clark Kent was no Lex Luthor. But that was neither here nor there at the moment. She should have known that Lionel Luthor would be behind bringing a frickin’ werewolf into Smallville. Didn’t they have enough problems with all the psychotic meteor freaks running around everywhere? God, she was gonna bite him. She swore to herself that when she turned, she was gonna find him and bite him in his ass, the stupid old fart!

Lex grabbed her bag and held it open as she shoved her notes and laptop hastily into it. They quickly left the library, no doubt leaving that grumpy old bastard grumbling about kids these days and their lack of respect for everything.

When they stepped outside in the sunlight, Lex, still holding her bag in one hand, took her arm with the other. They made their way down the steps and toward Lex’s very nice, very illegally parked, car. As Chloe made her way over to the passenger side door, Lex plucked a ticket from under the wipers and crumpled in his hand. He got in and put Chloe’s bag on her lap as she sat down. He then leaned over and shoved the crumpled piece of paper into the glove compartment amid other similar crumpled pieces of paper. He caught Chloe’s grin.

“The meter maid follows me around. I’m her retirement plan.”

Chloe nodded. “Hate to break it to you Lex, but people tend to notice a car like this. Especially if it’s illegally parked.”

Lex replied to her comment but she didn’t hear him. She was too busy thinking about Lionel.

“So, I have to tell you that I really, really have a strong…dislike of your father.”

“Trust me, you’re not the only one.” Lex said as he put the key in the ignition, but pulled his hand back before he started the car. Chloe waited for him to tell her what he knew. He had better frigging hurry, because patience was not her strong suit these days. Or ever.

“You told me that Peter said had that he was in town for a meeting,” Lex continued, “That’s true. The meeting was with my father. He was sent by someone else on their behalf to do business with my father. Apparently this guy is a geneticist in Metropolis. He has been heralded for his break through research in gene therapy. A great person on the outside, but on the down low he performs morally reprehensible experiments on human subjects. Which really explains why my father is doing business with him.”

“What? Like what experiments? Haven’t others noticed the missing?” Chloe asked, desperately trying to ignore her stomach.

“No. He mostly uses the homeless. He has also been known to make people disappear for the right price.” Lex answered as his left hand tapped the steering wheel impatiently. He was looking off into the distance, the wheels in his head turning.

“Okay, can we…ah!”

Chloe couldn’t finish her sentence. She was forced to double over and clutch her stomach. It hurt. It felt like it was eating itself. She needed food. She needed meat. She was suddenly very aware of the blood that was being pumped through Lex’s veins. She looked over at him. Did he just say something to her?

“Chloe! What’s wrong?” Lex repeated.

“Lex, I’m so hungry! Like seriously hungry. It hurts. Can we get something to eat?”

Before she had the sentence out of her mouth, he had the car started and was pulling away from the curb.

Chapter 9

(Out of my Mind – James Blunt)

“I have never been so hungry in my life! You saw me eat a raw steak yesterday at your house. When I got home, I had a full box of Kraft dinner and a full package of sliced ham. This morning I grabbed a fucking slab of raw bacon for breakfast. I think it’s safe to saw that there is something wrong with me.”

“Never had cravings for meat before?” Lex asked jokingly as he pulled into the drive through of the local MacDonald’s. He and his car looked very out of place in this atmosphere and Chloe wondered if he had ever had a Big Mac before.

“Not that kind of meat.” She replied.

Lex smiled.

After three Big Macs, fries, and a coke, Chloe finally felt full. She presently had her arms wrapped around her stomach and she was leaning forward with her forehead on the dash board. She had just shoved food into her face as if it was going out of style in front of Lex who was patiently sipping his coffee. Chloe decided that she had probably disgusted him enough with her new eating habits for one day.

“This is ridiculous! I don’t even like MacDonald’s.” She moaned, fighting down the embarrassment.

“Could have fooled me.”

“Har, har.” Chloe replied sarcastically. Without moving her head from the dash board, she grabbed her hand written notes out of her bag which was lying between her feet. She thrust the papers at Lex.

“Yes, that’s lovely, but are you going to sit up so we can have a normal conversation?” He asked calmly, taking another sip from his coffee.

“No.” She pouted. Great. Now she was acting like a two year old with the appetite of Bigfoot. She sighed and sat up.

“You don’t need to be embarrassed about eating, you know. It’s actually refreshing seeing a girl enjoy eating. My girlfriend…”

Whoa. He had a girlfriend? Since when? So? She didn’t care. I hate him, remember!? Thankfully, she missed what he had to say about ‘his girlfriend’ and Chloe gave him a sardonic ‘thanks for nothing’ smile.

“Anyway…” She said, a very suave way of changing the subject.

Chloe told him about all the relevant information that she had learned. She explained that there was a genetic disorder called hypertrichosis which makes a thick hair growing all over a person’s body, even the face. Little is known about the condition other than it’s probably a holdover gene from our distant past. Only one in ten billion people have it, but the people who do, especially back in the day, suffered because of their condition. This condition could also explain a lot of the werewolf myths and stories that were prevalent in the books that Chloe had read this morning.

“Huh. So a person with a possible genetic disorder is working for a geneticist who is known for human experimentation. That seems like quite a coincidence.” Lex stated, his eyebrow rising. Chloe had to agree.

She went on to explain that there are legends of people turning into animals in almost all cultures. And not only wolves. There were stories about were-tigers, were-bears, were-cats, were-hyenas and were-jackals. And those were just the ones she had come across.

“Isn’t it funny that all types of cultures have the same concept of a person turning into animal?” Chloe asked, looking Lex dead in the eye. All of her former embarrassment was forgotten. “Maybe there is something in our genetic makeup that makes it possible.”

“Yes. Well, it’s not as if we know everything there is to know about human body. We still have no what the appendix does or was used for.” Lex replied, seriously pondering her words. So, Chloe wasn’t completely crazy and this did make sense. That was great.

She continued to tell him her findings, feeling more confident than before. She explained that werewolf sightings in the modern age were not uncommon. The Beast of Bray Road was a great example. A business man was driving down said road in 2003 and he had spotted this creature, like big humanoid wolf, on the side of the road. He stopped the car and they stared at each other for a while. The man got creeped out and drove off. He could find no explanation for what he saw. And there were other sightings like it.

“Unfortunately, the last bit of information that I found was of transmogrification. Which is basically when a person is transforming into another form. It’s supposed to be very, very painful. I found out last night another…” Chloe tried to finish, but her voice cracked. She took a deep breath and explained to him all about her experiments. She finished, her head falling into her hands.

Chloe felt Lex’s hand on her back in a reassuring gesture. She raised her head and smiled at him to let him know that she was okay; that she was strong. But that felt false. She was afraid. Inside she was scared of the changes occurring within her. Physically, she felt the best she ever had, as strong as she ever had. But there was something wrong. Would her mind change too? Would she become a different Chloe? An evil one who liked to eat people? Cause, if she were being really honest, she was quite fond of the non human eating Chloe that she was now. She didn’t want the tears to start, but when they did, she couldn’t stop them. She felt Lex’s hand gently push her toward him and before she knew it, she was in his comforting arms crying her eyes out. Lex waited patiently for her to vent her grief. One hand was patting reassuringly on her back and the other, stroking the softness of her hair. Chloe slowly but surely calmed down and soon she was taking deep breaths against his chest.

“He’s dead already, Chloe. I promise you,” He said quietly into her hair. “He just doesn’t realize it yet.”

Chloe smiled. “I hope it’s that easy.”

“Tomorrow I’ll go to Metropolis to…”

Chloe shot up into a sitting position.

“Whoa. Wait a second!” She exclaimed, hastily wiping her face.

She was having an ‘eureka’ moment.

“We’re talking about finding a werewolf with a penchant for date raping, right? Why don’t we look for animal attacks that occurred in Metropolis within the last year? If that jackass couldn’t keep it in his pants with me, it’s more than likely that I’m not the only one.” Chloe said, her words spilling out quickly as if she couldn’t wait for him to hear her idea.

“That’s a good idea.” Lex said, starting the car. “Let’s go back to the mansion. We can research it there and talk to my dad. See if we can get anymore information out of him.”

Chapter 10

(Fight A Man – Rihanna)

Normally, if Chloe Sullivan was having a bad day or was overly prone to outbursts of extreme rage, she would avoid Lionel Luthor like the plague. Unfortunately, he possessed something that she needed. Information. That’s why she was sitting on the couch in Lex’s parlor trying not to puncture the palms of her hands with her finger nails. He’s a means to an end, Chloe. A means to an end. She hated him, and now more than ever she felt that hate burning a hole through her chest. She decided she was going to have to find an anger management book soon or she was going to kill somebody. Maybe Lionel. That wouldn’t be so bad…

Lionel had walked into the room five minutes earlier carrying a briefcase and an attitude that Chloe just wanted to smack out of him. He nodded at Lex and looked her over with a mildly disgusted look on his face. The first words out of his mouth were:

“Ms. Sullivan. You don’t look well. You’re not sick, I hope.”

His tone was mock-concerned and the look on his face told her that he wouldn’t be bothered if she died on the spot. Chloe took the high road and gave him a tight false smile because she knew that if she opened her mouth to speak, she would probably scream things that shouldn’t be said out loud. She listened intently as Lex asked his father for information about the geneticist. Every muscle in her body was tense. She couldn’t relax. Every nerve of her body screamed that Lionel was bad news. That she should either rip him apart or run. He reeked of murder and lies. There was something fundamentally wrong with the man and she wished that she could leave. Her heart was pounding and it was hard to believe that neither he nor Lex had noticed. She tried to concentrate on what he was saying and pretended not to be on the verge of hyperventilating.

“The man you want to know about is named Jacob Sokoloff and as you know, he is known in Metropolis for his work within his medical field. Known to far less people is that he has a tendency to use humans as lab rats…”

“Wow. What a humanitarian. It’s amazing that you would be associated with a person of such little moral character, Mr. Luthor.” Chloe said, pleased her voice, though shaky, was still conveying the words she told it too.

“Thank you for your astute opinion, Ms. Sullivan, unasked for as usual.” Lionel said as he maintained eye contact with Lex, who had a small smirk on his face. It was almost as if they were having a secret conversation, like they were mentally arguing about her presence there. She then realized that what Lionel was telling them was very illegal and she shouldn’t be privy to this information.

“Ms. Sullivan,” Lionel started, his tone clipped. “My son has assured me that the information I am sharing with you today will not be repeated. If it does appear in any way, shape or form, even in that little school newspaper of yours, you will face the consequences.”

“Yes, Mr. Luthor. I’m aware of your kind of consequences.” Chloe said, matching his tone. She didn’t like to be threatened.

Lionel stared at her a moment before speaking.

“I am doing you a favor, Ms. Sullivan. May I remind you that I do not have to share this information with you? I am doing this out of the kindness of my heart…”

“Kindness! You don’t have any kindness in your heart! And may I remind YOU that I wouldn’t need this information in the first place if you hadn’t brought Mr. Date Rape into Smallville in the first place!” Chloe cried out, enraged.

Lex had told him that Peter had raped her and that’s why she needed to find him. Lionel still didn’t have any sympathy toward her and was acting like he was bestowing her a million dollars! She looked toward Lex to see if he could believe the egotistical shit that was spewing from his father’s mouth. He was sitting back on couch the next to her, his arm propped on the arm of the couch, his hand hiding his mouth. Which just managed to piss her off more. She closed her eyes, and tried to calm herself down so she wouldn’t commit assault. After a couple of calming breaths, she opened up her eyes and looked squarely at Lionel.

“I am sorry for my outburst, Mr. Luthor. Today has not been a very good day. Thank you for giving us the information that we asked for. Please continue.” Chloe stated, between clenched teeth. Her heart was not in the sentiment of the statement, but she hoped that her painfully forced politeness would count for something.

Lionel glared at her and turned back to his son. He opened his briefcase and passed Lex a folder.

“All the information I have on him is in here.” He stated as he stood up to leave. “Easy to find if you know the right people.”

The hidden barb directed at Lex was not lost on Chloe. If she were in his shoes, she probably would have shot Lionel years ago.

“Yes. Criminals.” She said sweetly.

Lex stifled a grin. Lionel looked down at her. Chloe was pretty sure that she had just made his shit list.

“Well, sometimes we must get our hands dirty for the greater good.” He replied smoothly.

Chloe couldn’t help the barking laugh that escaped from her mouth. Lionel looked at her as if she had gone completely insane.

“Ms. Sullivan,” He hissed, “Little girls should learn to keep there mouths shut and learn to be polite to their elders.”

Before Chloe could respond, he nodded at Lex and left the room. The vase that was closest to Chloe looked very expensive. Throwing at Lionel’s head would only exacerbate things. But it would feel sooooooo good.

There was silence for about a minute, during which time Lex stared at Chloe, surprise lighting up his eyes, and Chloe twisted her fingers on her lap. Finally, Chloe looked up.

“I don’t think I handled that very well.” She said weakly, smiling at him. “I probably shouldn’t have rocked the boat like that. I just couldn’t keep it in. It just popped out of my mouth…”

Lex smiled at her. Actually smiled. One that lit up his face. Not the fake ones that his father taught him. It was the first time that she actually saw him as truly handsome. His smile gave her an extremely warm feeling in her stomach was slowly working it’s way south. She inwardly sighed. This was going to complicate matters.

“I have never seen ANYBODY stand up to my father like that, definitely not a 18 year old girl. Did you see his face? I don’t think I’ve seen him that flustered before.” Lex said, staring at her in amazement.

“That was flustered?” Chloe asked, surprised at his positive reaction. If someone had given her father the sass that she had just doled out to Lionel Luthor she would not be a happy Chloe. Granted, her father wasn’t Satan.

Lex chuckled and stood up. He shook and rubbed his head.

She grinned.

“I’m glad my anger problem amuses you. I’m on his shit list, now, you realize this.” Chloe said, the humor in the situation finally revealing itself to her.

“Come on,” Lex said, holding a hand out to her. Forever the gentleman. “Let’s go find out about those animal attacks.”

She took his hand and stood. Now, what was the appropriate response in this situation? Should she drop his hand or wait for him to let go of hers? Unfortunately her body took the decision away from her. Suddenly, her insides were twisting and burning and she fell to her knees in pain. A cry of agony ripped from her throat and a startled Lex dropped to his knees beside her. Her vision became blurry and her tears plopped onto the hardwood floor under her. His hands were on her back and he was trying to determine what the hell was wrong with her. As Chloe began to feel herself drift toward unconsciousness, the pain eased off and quickly dissipated. What the hell was that?

“I’m okay. I’m okay.” Chloe repeated over and over and she allowed Lex to help her off the floor. When she was standing she wrapped her arms around his chest and held on for dear life. She felt his arms on her shoulders. She forced herself to stop repeating her mantra and explained to him what it had felt like.

“Your body’s changing. It’s getting used to the new element in you.” Lex said in a low, soothing voice.

“I’m scared!” She cried, “I don’t want to be a monster!”

“Chloe, I want you to come to Metropolis with me. You can stay with me at the Penthouse and we can track this guy down as soon as possible. I don’t want to leave you alone, especially if you have anymore… spasms like that. I want to keep an eye on you.”

Chloe felt relieved. He was going to help her. She hated trusting him, trusting anybody, really, with her life. But she felt completely out of control and Lex had resources that she could use to find Peter much more quickly than she could by herself. She nodded.

“Yeah.” Chloe said as she calmed. “That’s a good idea. Thank you for helping me. But…” She stepped away from him and tried to still her trembling body. “I am not an object and you do not have to ‘keep an eye on me’, Luthor. You’re hero complex is showing.”

Lex laughed.

“Go home and pack, Ms. Sullivan.”
    Last edited by JennyD13; 22nd February 2009 at 07:58. Reason: update the date

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

You have me glued to my computer. This story is so good!!!
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Quote Originally Posted by hfce View Post
    You have me glued to my computer. This story is so good!!!
    Thank you so much! you made my day!

Hmm, close quarters? Imminent self-danger? "Body changes"? Comforting back-rubs? I smell smut set-up! Note: Yippee!

I love this fic, and can't wait to pop over tomorrow to see the latest awesomeness. Thank you!

WW

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Excellent chapters!

NS Full Member

With the title I thought it was going to be a vampire thing. Werewolf, nice tough. Seems like a decent story so far. Can't wait to see what happens next.

): )

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information