+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: NS Advent Calendar 2008 - Two Dozen and One Holiday Lies - Reviews/Feedback here!

Re: NS Advent Calendar 2008 - Two Dozen and One Holiday Lies - Reviews/Feedback here!

OMG, who dares to have a gun in Chloe's back? And locking up Lex too? I hate this person already! Here's hoping they get their just desserts from Prancer, Blitzen, and the other reindeer bodygoards!

Was so enjoying the Chlex snogging, but also loving Chloe's mad dash to save Lex's life! Really cannot wait to see what happens next!

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Re: NS Advent Calendar 2008 - Two Dozen and One Holiday Lies - Reviews/Feedback here!

Good for Chloe for trying to help Lex, but now it looks like she's in even bigger trouble. What's going to happen next?!
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Part 19 was awesome Sarah!

Good for Lex for not only coming up with a great escape plan, but for also using the lighter that Chloe gave him

And the sweet Chlex kiss was also rather lovely--can't wait to see what happens next
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

My Fanfic Master List

Spectacular use of his gift, what a terrific moment and a kiss to boot.

Dagney

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Chapter Nineteen

Heh… despite the fact that Chloe was being basically shoved roughly into a room at gun point, I couldn’t help but squee at the way she landed right in Lex’s embrace within moments of stumbling into the room.
    “Seems I found your little sidekick,” the man nodded at Chloe.

“Hey” she bristled. “For all you know Lex is my sidekick.”
    ROTFLMAO! I also found myself bristling at the idea of calling Chloe Lex’s side-kick, and I was glad to see her state her objection to that word… even though it ended up making me bristle all the more hearing that arrogant bastard using the word ‘feisty’ in that insufferable, smug, patronizing tone. I can tell already, this is a man who doesn’t take women seriously… and probably believes that all females belong at home, cooking or birthing.

PLEASE let Chloe hurt him BADLY at some later point in this fic!

“It’s better this way, anyway. It will make my transition to CEO that much smoother.”
    *gapes in shock* are you kidding me?!? This man actually thinks that THIS is the path to becoming the CEO of LuthorCorp? He really thinks that two murders is all he needs to set himself up for a ‘perfect, smooth, easy, cushy’ lifestyle? I was aghast with shock, as well as outraged hearing him have the sheer GALL to say that LEX is the one who cannot see ‘the bigger picture’. What a stupid, ignorant bastard!

Hmmm, at least he confirmed that he’s NOT working with Lionel… In fact, it was nice to hear him say that he also needed to take down Lionel after killing Lex because he knows that the father will be howling for vengeance for his son’s murder. Granted, Lex might not really believe that…?

“Is this the part where we swear this will never work,” Chloe asked Lex, tired of the blathering man who was using up their precious escape time. “I can never quite tell when it’s a break in the rambling and when it’s just blessedly over.”
    LOL! It was great to see that Chloe is not the slightest but impressed by this fellow’s self-important plans. LOL! In fact, I love the way her disdain came out. Although I can imagine Lex gritting his teeth back from telling Chloe to STOP mocking the man pointing a gun at her, LOL!

Turning Chloe to face him, Lex looked her over from head to toe, taking in every detail.

“When we get out of her, remind me that I want to yell at you,” he told her as he turned and began to clear off a chair covered in boxes of printer supplies.
    Awww… look at Lex anxiously checking over his beloved thoroughly for injuries. Shouldn’t you make sure that the clothed parts are not bruised either, Lex? You never know what kind of injuries she might have gotten on her breasts or something!!!

LOL! It was good to see Lex telling Chloe that while he WANTS to yell at her right now, he knows that their top priority for the moment it setting themselves free of this place. And honestly, I think once Chloe finishes her description on finding the leak AND informing her guards, then Lex won’t feel like yelling at her that loudly.

Until he hears about the measures Chloe took to draw her guards out into the open? LOL!

“There are two reasons that Lawrence Henderson could never run LuthorCorp. One, he never understood that the ‘bigger picture’ is really just made up of a thousand tiny details. And, two,” Lex reached into his pocket and pulled out the lighter Chloe had given him, “he never had anyone with whom to play ‘What would you do if’”.
    Heeee! I loved Lex stating so simply and factually about how Henderson’s idea of ‘keeping your eye on the bigger picture’ is just ignorance filled rubbish. It’s wonderful to see that Lex’s INTENSE in-depth knowledge of the security and safety measures of his random warehouses is going to be the thing to save them. That, and the lighter present that Chloe gave to him heeeeee!!! PERFECTION!

“You knew,” Chloe gasped.

Taking her chin in his hand, Lex tilted her mouth up to his. “From the moment I saw it,” he told her before his lips caught hers in an achingly tender kiss.
    *melts away into a puddle*
    omigosh! That was so beautiful!!! I loved the tender loving affection captured in that moment. It was LOVELY to see Lex giving Chloe an appreciative thanks for supplying him with the means to save them both. It means that he’s giving her the credit that due to her

Lex opened the door carefully, checking to make sure that the hallway was clear. Seeing that it was, and knowing that this was the only chance that they were going to get, he pulled Chloe close to him and then they ran.
    Heee! Exciting! It seems like Lex’s plan worked like a dream. Although it’s hard to say what’s going to happen once Lex’s captors are alerted by the fire signal and come to check up on their prisoners. Lex and Chloe’s exit was very effective, but not exactly discrete, lol!

I look forward to the next chapter. This chapter managed to encompass excitement, thrilling escapes, romance AND a bit of snarky humour too… I can’t wait to see how the next chapter goes.

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

That was gut wrenching reading how the two worked together and something still happened to Chloe. I hope she's ok and very happy to see that Lionel is there to help take care of them. He obviously means well now.

Part 20 was fabulous!

The Luthor clan was quite badass

I love Lex's kicking the bad guy's ass, and how freakin' awesome was Lionel's shooting of the jackass who was stupid enough to try and hurt Chloe and Lex?!

Can't wait to see what happens next
    Last edited by Kit Merlot; 21st December 2008 at 17:35.
    KATHY

My Fanfic Master List

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Chapter Twenty

heee! Exciting start to this chapter. And I loved how, despite how they were busy running for their lives, Chloe gave some concern about Lex’s bodyguards, and whether they were safe in all this chaos.

I was glad to see Lex reassure her, AND convince her that the best thing they can do for everyone (including Lex’s bodyguards) was to get to safety.

The helicopter was a bit of a puzzle, but by the end of the chapter, I guessed that it actually signalled the arrival of Lionel Luthor on the scene rather than Henderson’s escape.

“Believe me Chloe,” Lex assured her, “even if that was Henderson, he won’t get very far. He was right about the danger of leaving a Luthor alive unintentionally.”

Chancing a glance her way, Lex was caught off guard by the satisfaction on Chloe’s face at his words. He was far too used to the sanctimonious lectures on ‘being the better man’ and ‘vengeance not being the answer’ that he often got from Clark and even Lana, that he’d forgotten how wonderful it felt to be with someone who didn’t have a negative preconception of every word that came from his mouth.
    Heee! I can’t imagine ANY woman who wouldn’t find Lex’s snarled vow of vengeance like THAT to be irresistibly sexy! But I did like how Lex really appreciated this extra sign on how perfect a soul mate and partner Chloe was for him. I loved how Lex felt such tenderness for this woman who smiled in satisfaction hearing him vow to RUIN someone, LOL!

Not many people understood what it had been like for them when they had been working to bring down Lionel. Despite Lex’s money and resources, it had been an incredibly dangerous undertaking which they did, in large part, completely on their own. Being forged in that kind of fire created a kind of unspoken communication between them that most people only dreamed of developing. And so, Chloe knew – could feel – that Lex was about to make some kind of move and prepared herself accordingly.
    What a gorgeous description on how well these two work together. On how they both have grown together and LEARNED to work together because of shared intense experiences. Awesome!

The momentum of the fight carried them into the street, where the foolhardy thug learned that Lex was not merely a spoiled, rich boy. With an elbow to the man’s midsection, and an uppercut to his jaw, Lex was able to send him flying backwards onto the asphalt.
    *feels nerves sizzling at the hotness of watching Lex fight* ooooh boy! YUMMY! Thank you, Skauble… for this extra added treat of showing Lex flatten some goon to the ground!

Lex had heard the fear in Chloe’s voice as she called out his name. He’d looked up, only to find her hurtling herself at him. Unsure of what was happening, he righted himself from the impact as quickly as possible, only to watch in horror as the car that she’d obviously been trying to save him from, clipped her and sent her crashing to the ground.
    oh CRAP! Even at this late moment, Henderson STILL cannot try to cut his losses and run off? The man is truly too stupid to live! But, then again, unless Chloe had managed to push Lex out of the way, Henderson might actually have succeeded in killing off Lex. Not that it would have done him much good. Does Henderson STILL believe that killing Lex will give him the CEO job?!? He STILL thinks he’ll get anything less than a murderer’s life jail sentence for this?!

For a moment, everything seemed to stop. There was no movement, no sounds, only his beautiful Chloe, lying so still on the harsh pavement. And then time snapped back into motion and, with a choked cry, Lex was on his knees beside her, calling her name, but afraid to touch her.

So trapped in his anguish, Lex didn’t hear the squeal of the tires as the car stopped. Didn’t hear the engine rev as it turned back in his direction or someone yelling his name.
    That was heartbreaking, Skauble. Especially the part where you described Chloe lying so still and unresponsive on the pavement. I’ve gotten used to seeing Chloe as a fiery ball of energy at all times… so imagining her lying unnaturally still for anything… it’s pretty unnerving. And I can see Lex was seriously freaked out and anguished seeing Chloe like THAT!

But, at the same time, I somehow found it so satisfying to read how Lex completely forgot all about his surroundings, and could only focus on Chloe lying on the ground… hurt… possibly dead. Lex would have let himself be run over rather than focus on anything besides her… it wasn’t the smartest or most productive attitude, but I liked that somehow, LOL!

“Dad,” he called out. For despite their trials and tribulations, if it meant saving Chloe, Lex knew that he’d gladly deal with the devil.

Lionel had his phone out and was barking orders for an ambulance to be sent before he even made it to where Lex was kneeling next to Chloe’s still form.

Seeing the shattered look in his son’s eyes, Lionel reached out and laid his hand on Lex’s shoulder.

“Help is on its way,” he told him. “She’ll be alright, Lex. I expect nothing less from Miss Sullivan and she has yet to disappoint me.”
    woah! Lionel to the rescue?!?? WOAH! LOL! What a delicious twist to the fic! Loved it! And I think there’s very little else Lionel could have done to earn himself a second chance than help Lex save Chloe’s life. Congratulations, Lionel! If Chloe lives, you might actually find yourself a place in your son’s life after all… AND in your son’s new upcoming family too! LOL!

He knew his father was speaking; could tell from the tone of his voice that the words were meant to reassure. But Lex couldn’t be bothered to focus on the actual words. All of his attention was for Chloe and his terrible fear of what a life without her would be.
    heh… I suppose I should say I’m anxious. But c’mon! This is a Christmas fic, and there’s no way that Chloe’s going to die. Hopefully it will be a injury serious enough to warrant LOTS of fussing from Lex until Chloe SCREAMS at him to stop pampering and coddling her. LOL!

I look forward to the upcoming chapter.

What an exciting update, yikes, Poor Lex, Thank goodness Chloe will be ok this is a holiday fic, I love that Lionel was bale to help out. Dagney

Part 21 ROCKED!!

Chloe and Lex admit that they love each other--WOO HOO!!
    KATHY

My Fanfic Master List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information