+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Powerful Women (R) FIN 12/3/08

Re: Powerful Women (PG13) updated 9/7/08

Poor Chloe. It's realistic, but still sad that Lex is oblivious to her crush. I can't wait until we're into CHLOE'S teen years. That'll be fun

WW

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

A/N - Thanks for the feedback. We are jumping two years here in order for us to get Chloe a little older. But she is still having difficulties poor girl. Please continue leaving awesome feedback!!!

The Girl in Between – Chapter 4

Lillian sat in the passenger seat and stared at her son intently. They had memorized the manual together. Sitting in the dingy little office in downtown Metropolis, Lillian waited anxiously for the computer screen to hopefully, and frighteningly, tell Lex he had passed the written part of the test. It had; now, there they sat.

“Lex?”

She watched as his eyes darted from the side mirrors to the rear view and back to the sides. Turning the key, she slightly touched his shoulder when he almost flooded the gas on the small car.

He had been noticeably upset at the car his mother had chosen for him. The posters on his wall in his bedroom of Lamborghinis and Porsches were all but ignored. She said she got him a gift for passing the written part of his test; it was a nice, boxy Volvo.

“If I’m paying the insurance, you’re driving what I choose. When you get a job, you can pay for whatever you want. Now, take us to school. And remember to stop on the way to pick up Chloe.”

Lex rolled his eyes and sighed at her obvious unwavering of choice in vehicle. He pulled carefully out of the driveway and headed down the street to the Sullivan’s house. This was evidently his lot in life is what he found. The deal was he could get his license at 16 unrestricted but his 50 required hours of observation would be driving to and from school with his mom and an eight year old.

Lex sat momentarily at the stop sign and calculated he had only two weeks left until his 16th birthday. His mother was planning the perfect party and everyone at the school was coming. Then, he could get his real license, and better yet, a job. High school would hopefully improve dramatically around that time.

The last two years had been a blur. Lex had never imagined himself making friends and being involved in school when he was at Excelsior. His father had been very strict on what exactly a young man of his upbringing should be seen doing. Mom had other thoughts.

As soon as his arm healed, Lex was back out on the field, baseball that was. Surprisingly, he hated watching the game but loved playing. His quick intuition and sharp thinking had landed him in the shortstop position on a community league his football friends were in during the Spring.

Gratefully, Lillian approved of the new kids he hung out with. They found purpose in the sports and genuinely enjoyed the game for the sport, not the win. Showing Lex that everything in life didn’t have to be based on winning was important to her.

She would know. She explained none of the issues to Lex; he was too young to be concerned anyway. The markets had fallen out of one sector in Luthorcorp and hit everyone hard. Never to be known as a failure in the past, Lillian tried dutifully to cover her tracks and ended up having fingers pointed at her. The news still got the story wrong, but the damage was done.

Documents had said she had approved several desecrations of landmarks throughout several Asian nations in preparations for new factories, sweatshops as the news called them, to be built. The man she had hired as her overseas assistant, though, had a history with the company when Lionel was in charge. Seeing his perfect opportunity, he manipulated her name on the documents and angered the entire Pacific Rim. Months of overseas trips remained useless, the Japanese market tanked, and Luthorcorp lost their major worldwide foothold. A year later, the man went to jail for fraud, but the damage was done.

Lillian had found other outlets. The board was now of a more female persuasion, and other high powered women surprisingly contacted her. Luthorcorp was not female dominated but seen more gender neutral and a safe place for women workers. Metropolis took notice, and Lillian woke up on Saturday morning to Lex yelling down the hallway before throwing her bedroom open. “They want you to run for city council?”

And there she was – teaching her son to drive, dropping him off at school and heading to a council meeting. She had lost the company billions but gained much more than money; she gained the city’s respect.

Looking over and opening the door, she noticed the car a good four inches from the curb and approvingly nodded at Lex as Chloe ran out to the car. “Good morning Chloe.”

“Good morning Mrs. Luthor. Nice car Lex.” Lex looked back and rolled his eyes realizing the thing had a back seat. Groaning, he pulled out and headed off to school.

The last two years had changed little for Chloe. Now in the intermediate school at the campus, she was one of the tiniest ones on the fourth grade totem pole. She hated feeling inferior. Having gotten bored with playing after school, she implored her father to let her get involved in something. She took up piano but hated it. She tried ballet but was bored. She watched Lex once in his back yard spinning and kicking and smiled. Last weekend, she had won her first inter city match in Tae Kwan Do.

Honey,” Lillian egged on Lex.

“Thank you. Heard about your match last week. Care to show off some of your moves this afternoon? I’m not doing anything today.”

Chloe’s face lit up as she looked at Lex in the rear view mirror. Her dad and she had talked about Lex. In the end, having Lex as a pseudo brother was not a bad deal. At least she had a protector. “Sure. Are you leaving the normal time?”

“Yeah, mom’s sending a car since she’ll be at work.” Chloe nodded and opened up one of her books, looking over a homework assignment.

That afternoon, Chloe sat on the steps in front of the high school complex and waited for Lex to get out of class. The high school went thirty minutes longer and gave her time to finish her work for the day. Hearing the bell ring, she got out of the way and stood on statue in front of the building.

“Hey you. You ready to see if you can kick my ass?” Lex smiled and ran his hand over her head. Smiling up at him, she giggled at his now lack of ability to hide any cussing from her. Still, she never told.

“Yeah, where’s the car?”

“This way. But we have to stop at the side door ok?” Chloe nodded and wondered what he meant but knew as the two rounded the corner. Jessica had indeed not been a fickle couple of weeks. Chloe stepped back under a tree and pulled out a book to read as Lex walked up to a group of girls in the empty green section behind the gym.

“Hey,” he smoothly whispered as his hand wrapped around and slightly under the small tank top Jessica wore. Pulling her close to him, Chloe watched and turned her nose up seeing Jessica’s tongue in Lex’s mouth. Gross, she thought. She would never do that. Ever. It’s germy.

Pulling out of the kiss, Jessica ran her hand over Lex’s well defined chest and smiled around his shoulder. “Babysitting again?”

“She’s going to try to beat me up. She’s taking karate. Besides, she’s a little old to use the word babysitting.”

Jessica pulled back slightly and smirked, “I wasn’t saying she was a baby Lex. Anyway, are we still on for Saturday night? I’ll pick you up.” Jessica was born after enrollment dates and was one of the older girls in the tenth grade. Guys made fun of Lex for being driven around but he blew them off. Coolly, he just commented he liked older women.

“Yeah. Mom’s leaving for a trip in a couple of days and has been really wrapped up in the waste management plant debate with the city council. It’ll be fine.” Lex looked over his shoulder at Chloe’s not frustrated look. She was partially sweating and squinting. “Look, I’ll call you tonight.”

Jessica kissed him once again, ignoring the snickers from the other cheerleaders. Lex and Jessica were one of the longest standing relationships on the campus. Their parents were in business together and things were perfect. Letting go of his hand, Jessica smiled. “Love you.”

Lex looked over his shoulder and nodded. He didn’t even tell his mother he loved her in public. It didn’t matter; Jessica knew how he felt. “You ready to go?”

“Yeah,” Chloe responded as they jumped into the car. “Lex, you love her?”

Chloe was nothing but to the point. “Yeah. It’s been two years. Of course I love her.”

“Why don’t you tell her?”

Lex looked away and bit his lip, “It’s hard to explain but guys just aren’t comfortable throwing that word around. Why?”

Chloe shrugged. “Because my dad has no problem telling me he loves me.”

“Ohhhh. Dad and daughters are different.” The two sat silently in the car as Lex flipped through his chemistry homework. Mom was going to tan his ass when she found out about his C. He had tutoring at 7:00AM and would somehow have to get to school early without her asking questions. Jessica would be done if she did.

“You think you and Jessica will get married?” Lex’s eyes bulged and he swore he felt his heart stop. Turning to look at the little girl, he couldn’t wipe the look off his face.

“That’s a long way off, even if it is Jessica. Why the sudden question?” Lex turned looking over at Chloe.

“Dad’s girlfriend is saying ‘I love you’ to him and me. I don’t like her, and I’m afraid she’s going to be my new mom. Can’t your mom and my dad just get married? Then all of us would be happy and then I would be your sister.”

Lex leaned back against the car seat and had to choke back the laughter that wanted to come up. The girl had a plan, albeit a very far fetched plan, to keep the girlfriend out of the picture. “I think my mom and your dad are a little too close to be married. They get along too well.”

Chloe’s eyes wriggled up as she stared at Lex’s smile broaden. “Oh,” she said confused and unsatisfied.

That night Lex pulled his shirt off in the bathroom and looked at his back. The mark was already starting to turn blue. Lex had thought his few years in Tae Kwon Do himself, he would be able to hold her off. But the eight year old surprised him to a swift kick in the back. That would make Friday night fun.

The music was obnoxious and loud. Lillian couldn’t describe the general mind pounding noise that came from the overly gigantic speakers in the main hall. She had asked Lex to list the names of the bands that he liked where she could get the DJ for his dance to put together the best techno mix possible. Now, standing in the corner of the club she had rented out, she squinted hoping it would make the sound dissipate.

“How’s it going?” Gabe leaned over and yelled in Lillian’s ear.

Looking over at who spoke to her, she mashed her palm to her head. “I need either a big drink or ear plugs.” She yelled back. “Who’s your lady friend? Chloe mentioned her.”

“This is Angela. Angela, Lillian Luthor, my boss.” Lillian leaned over and shook the woman’s hand and did a quick once over.

Angela and Gabe had met on a flight he had several weeks earlier. She was relocating to Metropolis for business and had quickly become friends with Gabe when he offered to point her in the direction of the best real estate office. It was a simple two people meet story.

On the other hand, Chloe didn’t take the first meeting of Angela too well. Lillian remembered the afternoon that Gabe introduced them, she found Chloe in the community park hoping awful things for the simple woman. Lillian wondered if she ever had the time to date if Lex would react the same way to replacing his father.

The three stood on the side wall and watched as the lights flickered and the music continued to play. In the middle of the room was a relatively tall bald young man in slacks and a loosened button down laughing as his friend gave a demonstration of the breakdancing of yesteryear.

“I worry about Josh. He’s going to hurt himself someday,” Jessica leaned in and yelled in Lex’s ear. He wrapped his arm around her waist and laughed again.

“Don’t worry. He’s had too many injuries to count from stuff stupider than this.” He leaned in and kissed her behind the ear and felt her shiver. “When I’m done with the whole cake and punch routine, we should slip away.” Jessica pinched his side slightly with her arm around him and shook her head.

The night wore on late into the evening with the crowd from Lex’s school, sports teams, and buddies continuing to request new music and danced longer. He had politely excused himself and sat down in the back room of the club with his mother.

“Thanks mom. Everyone is enjoying it.”

“Are you? That’s the important part.” Lillian cradled a small box in her hand.

“Of course! Everything is fabulous. Renting a club that is normally 21 and over is cool enough.” He sat and beamed at his mother. She smiled back at him and handed the small box to him.

“Happy birthday honey. But before you open it, I want you to know that the days you don’t have practice, I expect you in the mail room right after you drop Chloe off.”

Lex looked strangely at his mother. She just gave him a job? He popped the top of the small box off and looked at the simple key hanging from the famous symbol. Lex glanced up at his mother and tried to speak.

“It’s an older model. Something to get your feet wet. This was your father’s desire for you. Men and their toys. But I like the Volvo.” Lex stood up and pulled the keys out of his pocket and handed them to her. Lex stood and waited. Before pulling the key out of the box. “It’s in the back. Be careful and not too late.”

Lex leaned over and kissed his mother before disappearing into the club. Grabbing Jessica by the arm, he pulled her over to the side of the club and pressed her into the wall. Running his hand down her arm, he kissed her sloppily but with fervor.

Pulling out the kiss almost breathless, she smiled at Lex. “Where did that come from?” Lex pulled the key out and showed her.

“How about I pick you up next date?” Jessica stared at the key and wrapped her arms around him.

“Congrats honey. So? You want to get out of here?” Lex took her hand as they disappeared from the music and lights and ran across the street to the parking garage.

An little later, Lex and Jessica quietly entered a room of a house on the other side of town. “Are you sure your parents aren’t coming home?”

“Yeah, they’re in Zurich for their skiing vacation. The nanny is fast asleep.” Jessica threw her coat down on the plush lounger and watched Lex follow suit. Turning to look in his direction, she backed up to the bed and sat down on it. “Well, you want your birthday gift?”

Lex turned and moved toward her as he leaned into her for a slow deep kiss. Pulling out of the kiss, he ran his hands down her face and cupped her chin for another kiss. “And what would that be?”

Jessica smiled up at him as he could feel her start to tremble slightly. “Me,” she whispered as she slid off the bed and pulled the one piece dress over her head. Lex stood still and gazed as slowly her smooth skin appeared little by little.

“I love you,” Lex whispered as he nestled his lips into her neck. He felt her hands work on the buttons of his shirt as she sat back up on the bed in her simple red bra and panties.

“I love you too. I’m glad that our first times will be with each other.” She stopped and pulled his shirt from his pants and felt the small bulge she had heard about. Her friends had said if it was there, he wanted her.

Lex threw his shirt on the ground and caressed his hands down the front of her body, carefully running his fingers slightly inside the cups of her bra. He heard her gasp and throw her head back. “Lex, I’m nervous,” she whispered as he drew her into his bare chest.

“Me too,” he whispered as they moved back on the bed and fumbled with the rest of the clothes.

Lex looked at the clock a little later and noticed a couple of hours had passed since they got there. People may wonder where he had disappeared to at his own party, but the moment away had been worth it. It had been awkward. It took the two of them to get the condom on the first time and he had waited through her tears and pain when he pushed a little too much the first time.

“You ok?” He asked gently, tracing his hand down her arm.

“Yeah, but I hope it gets better.” They both giggled realizing that losing their virginity was not the exciting, passion filled evening the movies made it out to be. Jessica turned to Lex seeing his serious look after her last comment. “You were incredibly gentle. I’m really glad we’re together.”

Lex turned and smiled at her before pulling her into a small, wet kiss.

Chloe walked through the hallway of her house later that evening. She hated babysitter nights; they always treated her like she was three and put her to bed even before the sun went down.

She stopped at the doorway of the living room and listened to the murmurs coming from the room. She heard her father and Angela talking and occasionally giggling quietly. She didn’t know what they were talking about and didn’t care. Angela was occupying too much of her dad’s time. She slid quietly down on the other side of the wall from the living room and listened.

“I thought about taking Chloe to the movies sometime tomorrow. Maybe a little girl’s day out.” Angela stopped. “I don’t think she likes me Gabe. Every time I’m here, I’m worried that she’s plotting against me.”

Gabe threw his head back and tried to stifle a laugh. “No, Chloe has just had kind of a time with her mother leaving the way she did. In a way, I think she believes that if I wait around with her, that her mom will come back to us.”

“Oh.” Angela quietly whispered. “But I can’t just wait around for her to grow up and understand it Gabe.” She started becoming defensive.

“Shh, I know,” Gabe kissed her bare shoulder. “Just don’t push her. She’s stubborn like her mother was.” Gabe kissed her shoulder again and leaned in further. Chloe pulled her knees up and wrapped her arms around them while sitting in the hallway.

Sounds from the living room became more muffled after a few minutes and she wondered if her dad and that woman had secretly escaped to another room. Standing back up, Chloe leaned against the door frame and peeked around the corner. Covering her mouth, a little squeak of surprise escaped as she watched her dad make out with this strange woman like Lex made out with Jessica.

Chloe’s hands balled into fists and she pounded one foot on the floor. Marching into the living room, she couldn’t think of what to say. “STOP! Get away from my dad.”

Gabe sat up quickly and stared at her little girl in front of them. “Chloe, you need to go back to bed. We’ll talk later.”

“NO! I want her,” she yelled as she pointed at Angela, “to leave. You don’t love her! You love me.” Chloe crossed her arms and spread her feet out further as if to plant herself securely on the floor.

“I’m going to go. But I’ll call you tomorrow about that thing.” Angela picked up her purse and started out of the room.

“And I don’t want to go to the movies with you. YOU are not my mom. YOU will never be my mom.”

Gabe stood up and took Chloe by the shoulder. “You will stop this NOW and go to your room.” Chloe eyed her dad and refused to leave. “Now Chloe.” She shook her head no and still didn’t move. “Chloe, you know what a third time means.”

She turned and looked at her dad. “I DON’T CARE! Ground me or spank me or whatever, but mom will be mad when she comes back and finds that woman here.” Chloe stuck her tongue out at Angela and ran up to her room. “I HATE YOU!” she screamed downstairs before the door slammed.

Gabe sighed and walked Angela to the door. “It might need to wait before we try a family day together. I’ll call you.” He kissed Angela and headed up to Chloe’s room.

Opening the door, all he could hear were thick sobs coming from the pillow and a lump in the bed. Moving across the room, Gabe sat on the corner of the bed and ran his hands gently over the lump. “Chloe honey. I know you miss your mom, but you have to give Angela a chance.”

Chloe threw the covers off and sat up to look at her dad. Her eyes were red and puffy, her nose running. “No, I don’t want to. Why can’t it just be us like it has been? Why does everyone have to have someone else except for me?”

Gabe pulled Chloe up into his arms and rocked her. He could feel her tears still drenching his shirt and her shaking. “Honey, you still have me. Angela or anyone else for that matter is not going to replace you. I love you, and I’ll always be here.”

Chloe looked up at her dad and he tried to break a smile. He felt for his little girl. Maybe it was the wrong time for him to be in a relationship, but he needed someone too. He felt her hands against him pushing her out of his arms. “But you love Angela and Lex loves Jessica.” Chloe laid back down in the pillows and pushed her dad’s hand off her.

“Chloe.”

Chloe piled another pillow on the top of her head and held it in place where she couldn’t hear her father’s tired soothing words. Gabe squeezed her ankle gently at the last chance to make some sort of contact and pulled her door closed.

Things improved over the next few months between Angela and Chloe to the point they had gone shopping for Gabe’s birthday gift together. Chloe was still not quite trustworthy of the woman but was more willing to give her a chance.

School was going well too. Chloe started understanding Lex’s need for Jessica like her father’s need for Angela. It was hard to swallow though watching Lex and Jessica make out every afternoon before they went home. Chloe smiled knowing that Lex still saw her last everyday. And Lex was satisfied to tell Chloe that she was his girl.

“You have a good day. Ok?” Lex shut the car door and walked Chloe across the street with him to her campus.

“Ok. Say hi to Jessica for me. And remind her about my meet on Saturday.” Lex smiled and waved as Chloe disappeared into the Intermediate School.

Algebra II class was putting Lex to sleep. He daydreamed about Jessica since it was the only class that they didn’t have together. Things hadn’t changed between them since his birthday; they had been afraid that they would. Lex turned and looked outside seeing the classroom startto get darker. Almost too dark.

“A tornado warning has been issued for the area. Please take precautions as everyone needs to get into the shelter.” Lex and the others listened to the announcement. Picking up their things, all the students filed into the basement shelter and waited, listening to the roar like trains overhead.

Lex held onto Jessica as she buried her head into his chest. They had been through tornados before. It was the Midwest. “You think Chloe is ok?”

Lex looked down at Jessica and then panicked. Looking around the shelter, he didn’t see any of the fourth grade class in the bunker. “I’m sure they are somewhere else in the basement. Maybe the building has its own.” Lex pulled her closer to him but couldn’t get his mind off the blond little girl.

“CHLOE!” Lex and Jessica both hollered as students started piling out of the two different underground shelters. He watched as the fourth grade teacher emerged from the other location with her class and scanned the heads for the blond curls. “She’s not there.”

“Lex don’t panic. She’ll turn up.” Jessica tried to calm him before she continued calling her name.

“Mrs. Creighton, have you seen Chloe?” Lex asked as the fourth grade teacher as she tried to keep twenty eight year olds calm.

The woman looked around and then at her list. “She had gone to the bathroom right before the announcement and we didn’t have time to wait on her. We are starting our search.” Lex’s color in his face disappeared as the woman continued to speak about Chloe.

He looked over at the remains of the Intermediate School. The campus as a whole was a direct hit. No building was left standing. Eyeing what were now a row of toilets with no stalls, he saw no one, just shambles. Jessica squeezed his hand harder as she continued to call for her.

TBC

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Re: Powerful Women (PG13) updated 9/14/08

I feel for poor Chloe and the sensation she´s being left behind by the men in her life. I find it endearing that Lex cares for her so much despite the eight years that separate them. I hope everything´s well with Chloe!
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

I feel so bad for Chloe. She feels alone but I am glad Gab and Lex are making her feel better. But I am so scared for Chloe. Please say she was smart and took cover safely.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Grrr you had to leave it there. Poor Chloe feeling like all her guys are leaving her for other women. I hope she is okay and not seriously injured. I'm glad she's finally getting along with Angela although I liked her plan of Gabe and Lillian marrying that was cute. I agree Chloe's teen years should be fun. I can't wait to read more.

Ok I want to kill Chloe's teacher for not waiting for her or having someone go get her. It's a freaking tornado. I can't wait for the next chapter.

My poor Chloe still suffering from the guys in her life having other's.

That cliffhanger is just so mean!!! For the next update is it going to immediately follow this or is it going to jump????

Quote Originally Posted by tatie87 View Post
    Ok I want to kill Chloe's teacher for not waiting for her or having someone go get her. It's a freaking tornado. I can't wait for the next chapter.
    yeah exactly. It is her responsibility to take care of the children. I hope Chloe is OK, I mean she is smart she must have thought of something to protect herself from the tornado.

and I can't wait for Lex to start college and for Chloe to be in her teens!!!

Aww...I feel for Chloe, I can't wait until they all grow up. Great chapter, can't wait to read more!

Imperial Dragon Senior Member Impress's Avatar

good update. more soon.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information